IndeBlue - Philadelphia
205 S. 13th St
Philadelphia, PA 19145Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
IndeBlue - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indebluerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 545-4633 ext. 2
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Rakesh Ramola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please view our website for menus and catering options.
- Entertainment: Live sitar and tabla every Tuesday at 7:00pm and Sunday Brunch at noon.
- Special Events: Indeblue is perfect for business lunches as well as larger parties. Please contact Tobi for details.
A word from IndeBlue - Philadelphia
Indeblue offers a fresh, modern take on Indian cuisine as well as traditional Indian favorites. We showcase fresh meats, local produce and house-made cheese and breads. We take pride in offering a variety of vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free menu items that are both creative and full of flavor. Chef Rakesh will take you on a culinary journey throughout the many regions of India. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff will guide you through your dining experience.Continued
Indeblue is located in Philadelphia's vibrant Midtown Village and offers a full bar with an extensive wine, beer and cocktail list.
We look forward to your visit.
Indeblue is located in Philadelphia's vibrant Midtown Village and offers a full bar with an extensive wine, beer and cocktail list.
We look forward to your visit.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
IndeBlue - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (122)neighborhood gem (78)romantic (60)special occasion (54)good for groups (54)hot spot (38)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (16)late-night find (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (0)Show More
- Fab pre-theatre dinner placedcrdcrVIPDined on 11/22/2014Walking in, the aromas were so enticing. Décor is fun and modern. Wait staff was great--they were very busy on a Saturday night at 6 p.m. for pre-theatre/orchestra crowd. Great options for vegetarian and meat lovers. The seasoned flatbreads could be a meal in themselves--so amazing! The dishes were not all that spicy hot--nicely seasoned. If you want really spicy hot food, you would need to ask them to up the heat. We had rice dish with lamb (a bit much on the rice--90% rice/10% lamb chunks--would be better to have a little more lamb and less rice), small plate of grilled shrimp which was fabulous and had a lovely slaw accompaniment. A side dish of mashed eggplant/tomatoes/onions/lentils was fabulous and spicy--great with the flat bread. The mint/cucumber raita was a wonderful accompaniment to everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesDena1Dined on 11/21/2014This place is one of my favorites, love the food, drinks are the best, and the service is outstanding. I shall be returning again, and again, and more..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about this restaurant was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014The staff were all friendly and knowledgeable, the food outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Waiter needed trainingDebbVIPDined on 11/20/2014Our waiters timing left a lot to be desired he rushed us or forgot us Fortunately the food made up for all The wine list by the glass was fairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end Indian - a great mix upscale diningWeekendDCDined on 11/15/2014Food was fantastic. One thing to note - Spicy-ness has become a subjective term I've realized lately in the Indian dining world. This restaurant is NOT spicy. If you REALLY like spicy - I mean REALLY REALLY like it. (many "tough guys" think they can handle "spicy", but typical Indian spicy is new territory for them) - This resturant was VERY MILD - we asked for spicy - it wasn't. We got some green chili-sauce. It was better but still not "Indian spicy". As for the food - Stuffed Peppers, Naan Pizza, Chaat, and Masala. Menu was vegetarian friendly. My favorite was the Pizza (felt like I would enjoy this at a pizzeria more than traditional pizza). All the food was done well. Service was great, Wine pairing was perfect. Overall a great, simple, high end dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT NIGHT OUTGrocklesDined on 11/15/2014A stylish but really comfortable restaurant in Philadelphia, with a vibrant atmosphere, delicious food and attentive, friendly service. Indian cuisine is great for celiacs and those following a gluten free diet and Indeblue take care to identify the gluten free options (there are plenty) and will even make you their own gluten free version of a naan bread! With great menu choices and sensible prices, it's really well worth trying out. This wasn't our first visit, we had another fantastic evening and will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud to talk, but a great mealAccidentalVegetarianDined on 11/14/2014Friday's not the evening to go, if you want to chat with friends. Every table was packed and the noise level off the scales. But the food was great just the right amount of heat to the spices to warm you on a cold evening. A good wine, and fair beer list added to the fun. We'll try for a late lunch another tome, to see if it's quiet enough to talk then. But we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- India re-visitedFoodieVIPDined on 11/13/2014This Restaurent was quite crowded on a Thursday night and there was an active Restaurent scene. The food was diverse, and had a taste of India. The level of spice was not too strong for an American Pallette, but seemed to take one back to Jaipur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kamfoodie52Dined on 11/13/2014Very good gourmet Indian food. Very flavorful and balanced. Not too spicy hot. Salad of the day was unusual and flavorful to get juices going with a touch of semi ripe mango in it. Indian chutneys were well made with attention. Saag paneer, paneer tika, Dal makhni , raita , saffron rice very well done though heavy. Avocado yogurt chatt could have been more crisp but content flavor was very appetizing . Anjeer desert could have been more fresh. Servers courteous , caring and attentive. Unfortunately reservationist on phone offered me 2 hour later seating, open table gave me seating in 15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodYoungprofdinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Really delicious food. Highly recommend the crispy spinach chaat. Both the bartender and our waiter were extremely friendly/responsive. However, we had a reservation for 8:15 and didn't get seated until nearly 8:50Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundWillmanDined on 11/8/2014The folks at Indieblue are incredibly responsive. They respond to complaints, they seat you where you ask (even if the host has to walk ten feet), and the food is excellent. For me it is my neighborhood restaurant, and when I take friends there, they rave! All around great experience!Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backSpoiledinPhillyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Small plate style, fresh ingredients and carefully prepared dishes that captured the spiciness of regional Indian dishes without being overwhelming. The Naan was fantastic. If you like the bread order your own. Don't share. Try the spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible IndeBlueSdem21Dined on 11/7/2014Indeblue food and service is well beyond what words could ever describe. Everytime I'm there (Philly) or in Collingswood, the service is so nice. I've come to know the servers personally after only a few times being there. They seem to remember me the (very few) times I come back, which I really appreciate. I usually like to stick to my original dishes at restaurants but the menu at Inde is seriously so amazing that I always feel compelled to try something new. It never fails to disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great pricesKateKDined on 11/4/2014This is a real gem: lovely ambience, with a great bar, but also romantic tables in the back. Fantastic food, reasonable prices - especially the wonderful happy hour deals. We got two beers and two small appetizers for a total of $14! Moved on to dinner, sharing three small plates and a luscious chocolate dessert. Perfect portions; sublimely seasoned. Lovely, attentive service. A must-try for gluten-free dining, as well - so many choices!Special Features:
- Great Spot!table43Dined on 11/2/2014I've been to IndeBlue only once before per the recommendation of a College friend who happens to work there. The food was just as amazing on my second visit. On our last visit we went here to catch up with a university friend who is a picky eater and has never quite had a taste for meat. We shared the appetizers (Samosas and the salad of the day) and he ordered the seafood moilee and absolutely loved it. He complimented the decor and express what a great find the restaurant is. He's walked around the city frequently but has never noticed or visited the restaurant and was glad that we picked IndeBlue. Our host/server was very pleasant and friendly, he talked us through the menu and made suggestions based on our preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indie Blue Philly StyleLove2eatgreatfoodDined on 11/2/2014This was my first trip to the Philadelphia location and it was superb! The wait staff is excellent, polite, and efficient. The food is amazing!Special Features:
- AmazingShyGirlDined on 11/2/2014My husband and I had an amazing time!! Dinner was delicious, service wonderful, a wonder evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kicked out of the restaurantGiriDined on 11/1/2014We were there for approximately 2.5 hrs, we were kicked out by the manager stating that they have other people waiting. We wanted to order some deserts but couldnt.Special Features:
- Yum.PhoodieVIPDined on 10/31/2014Go for the tasres and service. Plrnty of good Indian food in Phila., but this is really special.Special Features:
- Lunch was excruciatingly SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014I love IndeBlue. It is my go-to happy hour place. Sit at the bar, have several fabulous Indian tapas and a cocktail or 2 all for under $20. Been there for my bday dinner as well as several dinners after. However, avoid lunch at all costs. SLOWest service ever. Shame bc the lunch special is a good deal and the food is mouth watering.Special Features:
- Great & upscale indianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Went for my sisters birthday, had a lovely meal -- can either do small plates (as we did which was plenty for 4) or get your own larger entrees. Food was superb, great drink deals and ambiance was tranquil and beautiful. Live music (sitar and other indian instruments) accompanied our meal - really great treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will travel for this foodLBNJDined on 10/25/2014I was introduced to Indian food several months ago. I thought it would be too spicy. However, like most types of food, there are less spicy options. During our Philly weekend getaway, we decided to eat at an Asian restaurant. I did my research and found this restaurant within walking distance from our hotel, even better. The ambiance was nice and the food was excellent. We ate the vegetable samosa, chicken makhani “butter chicken”, chicken tikka masala, fresh garlic & cilantro naan, and for dessert the banana nirvana. The server was also very attentive. We will visit this restaurant again from Northern NJ; It is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Appetizers Please2fordinnerDined on 10/25/2014If we had stopped with the appetizers this would have been a great dining experience. They were delicious and beautifully prepared. Everything went downhill after that. We waited 30 minutes for our next course to appear and when it did, it was overcooked and also cold. I couldn't have finished the shrimp even if I wanted to though because a woman who was intent on clearing the empty plates took my silverware away before I could grab it and then I was unable to get any servers attention to ask for more. As I said- go for the apps and stop there! They were great!
- I love this IndeBlue!Lauren215Dined on 10/24/2014Every time I dine here, I receive excellent service, and the food is always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian Food & ambienceRaviDined on 10/21/2014We had the Spinach Chat which had crispy deep fried leaves served as a chaat which felt light and airy. The Mixed grill appetizer - the lamb chops were tender and flavorful and the shrimp was very well grilled. The Malai Kofta Bukhari was excellent but sorely lacking in Koftas.Special Features:
- Delicious food but very priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The atmosphere and service is very friendly. The portion size is disappointing, for the whooping price. But the presentation and flavor of the food is impressive. We ordered the "side" size (side size doesn't come with rice) and were served 2 paneer pieces for Paneer Tikka Masala, and 2 koftas for Malai Kofta for $8 each. We informed them that the baingan bharta had undercooked peas, so they made up by sending us a complementary dessert sampler which wasn't bad at all. Overall, if you don't mind spending big bucks for food, I would definitely give it a try once.Special Features:
- enjoyable first timekt1710Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first time dining here and really enjoyed it. The food was excellent and slightly different from regular Indian food in a very nice way the Spinach Chat was my favorite, my husband's the scallops and the other couple liked the mixed grill. Our waiter was very helpful in answering questions and there was no feeling of being rushed even on a Saturday night. Would recommend highly and will go back.Special Features:
- Always a Pleasure to DineDena1Dined on 10/10/2014Great place to dine for any occasion; excellent service, fantastic food, very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehkinsenatorDined on 10/10/2014We were excited to visit IndeBlue for a special occasion dinner. When we arrived, we were seated in a high traffic area, with diners & servers bustling by on both sides. However, we were not waited on for nearly 20 minutes, & only then because the hostess spotted us & realized we didn't have drinks. The appetizers were the highlight of the meal (crispy cauliflower & samosa chaat). So delicious! Everything else was just ok. The shrimp on the skewers weren't deveined. The butter chicken & eggplant dishes were on par with your local Indian take out. Ditto w the dessert trio, w the kheer being notably metallic tasting. Sparkling wine was flat & had to be sent back. Service was ok. Bottom line: maybe go to sit at the bar & have appies.
- fabulous modern indianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2014See above.........................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencepriagDined on 10/6/2014Really enjoyed the experience. Delicious food - the naans are amazing. Rakesh the chef is great. He stepped out to greet all diners. Then he sat down to have a chat with us. We traded deserts :) It was my Mom's birthday and we had some amazing cake so we offered him , in return he ordered a delicious fig icecream desert with date palm and a beautiful candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizersLizzieDined on 9/27/2014I would definitely go back. However, I would order several appetizers and skip the entree. The samosas were excellent as was the kashmiri bread. The sauces were all excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!GourmetDined on 9/24/2014I've dined at Indeblue several times and it's always a treat. Fantastic coktails, great food and always consistent in quality and taste. Excellent service as well. Highly recommend the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - tuesday live musicMBOinNJDined on 9/23/2014great food, excellent service, cool space. tuesday nights has live tabla and sitar music and the guys performing are really fantastic. Absolutely will go again. prices very reasonable
- Busy on a TuesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014This is a busy Indian restaurant. We waited about 10 minutes for our table to be ready at the bar and enjoyed a mango martini and a spicy lychee. Both were great and the bartender was friendly. There were 2 guys playing the sitar and tabla while we ate. It added to the dining experience. We loved the food, lots of flavor and spicy but not overboard spicy. The highlights were the spinach chaat, lamp chops, scallops and fish of the day. The fish was expertly prepared as were the scallops. We have already made reservations to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again simply wonderful!FoodieGirlDined on 9/22/2014Second time coming here and again wonderful-service, food and its a beautifully decorated space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMissyDined on 9/20/2014I really enjoyed the service that I received from them. The food was good. Dinner lighting was great. Will come again.Special Features:
- Delicious food!!!!datenight4twoDined on 9/19/2014Me and my fiance had a great time at this restaurant. The food was amazing and the service was great. We did notice that the same song was playing for an hour which was making us feel a bit crazy. But it finally changed to a new song. And I thought switching out the silverware whenever we had a new course was not necessary and probably a waste of water in the kitchen. Other than that we will definitely go back! Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Fantastic food, the decor is beautiful. The sevice was promptSpecial Features:
- IndeBue Restaurant Weeksunshine2020Dined on 9/19/2014First off, the place has such a nice interior! Very nice color scheme, great for dinner! Now the food....My favorite was most definitely the spinach chaat! The crispy spinach paired with tomatoes and onions and a little yogurt was really delicious. I however was not to pleased with the crispy vegetables. There was a lack of salt and just over all flavor. Without the tamarind sauce, I don't think I would have finished it. For the main course though, I really LOVED the garlic naan! The rice and chicken tikka makhani were really delicious too! The spices were on point and the amount given was perfect. Now to the desert...let's just say, gulab jamun and cinnamon ice cream put together tasted like heaven!!! Over all, I was pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.