IndeBlue - Philadelphia
205 S. 13th St
Philadelphia, PA 19145Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
IndeBlue - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indebluerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 215-545-4633x2
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Rakesh Ramola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please view our website for menus and catering options.
- Entertainment: Live sitar and tabla every Tuesday at 7:00pm and Sunday Brunch at noon.
- Special Events: Indeblue is perfect for business lunches as well as larger parties. Please contact Tobi for details.
A word from IndeBlue - Philadelphia
Indeblue offers a fresh, modern take on Indian cuisine as well as traditional Indian favorites. We showcase fresh meats, local produce and house-made cheese and breads. We take pride in offering a variety of vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free menu items that are both creative and full of flavor. Chef Rakesh will take you on a culinary journey throughout the many regions of India. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff will guide you through your dining experience.Continued
Indeblue is located in Philadelphia's vibrant Midtown Village and offers a full bar with an extensive wine, beer and cocktail list.
We look forward to your visit.
Indeblue is located in Philadelphia's vibrant Midtown Village and offers a full bar with an extensive wine, beer and cocktail list.
We look forward to your visit.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
IndeBlue - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)neighborhood gem (66)romantic (54)special occasion (45)good for groups (41)hot spot (29)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (11)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (0)Show More
- Excellent Indian Food & ambienceRaviDined on 10/21/2014We had the Spinach Chat which had crispy deep fried leaves served as a chaat which felt light and airy. The Mixed grill appetizer - the lamb chops were tender and flavorful and the shrimp was very well grilled. The Malai Kofta Bukhari was excellent but sorely lacking in Koftas.Special Features:
- Delicious food but very priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The atmosphere and service is very friendly. The portion size is disappointing, for the whooping price. But the presentation and flavor of the food is impressive. We ordered the "side" size (side size doesn't come with rice) and were served 2 paneer pieces for Paneer Tikka Masala, and 2 koftas for Malai Kofta for $8 each. We informed them that the baingan bharta had undercooked peas, so they made up by sending us a complementary dessert sampler which wasn't bad at all. Overall, if you don't mind spending big bucks for food, I would definitely give it a try once.Special Features:
- enjoyable first timekt1710Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first time dining here and really enjoyed it. The food was excellent and slightly different from regular Indian food in a very nice way the Spinach Chat was my favorite, my husband's the scallops and the other couple liked the mixed grill. Our waiter was very helpful in answering questions and there was no feeling of being rushed even on a Saturday night. Would recommend highly and will go back.Special Features:
- Always a Pleasure to DineDena1Dined on 10/10/2014Great place to dine for any occasion; excellent service, fantastic food, very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehkinsenatorDined on 10/10/2014We were excited to visit IndeBlue for a special occasion dinner. When we arrived, we were seated in a high traffic area, with diners & servers bustling by on both sides. However, we were not waited on for nearly 20 minutes, & only then because the hostess spotted us & realized we didn't have drinks. The appetizers were the highlight of the meal (crispy cauliflower & samosa chaat). So delicious! Everything else was just ok. The shrimp on the skewers weren't deveined. The butter chicken & eggplant dishes were on par with your local Indian take out. Ditto w the dessert trio, w the kheer being notably metallic tasting. Sparkling wine was flat & had to be sent back. Service was ok. Bottom line: maybe go to sit at the bar & have appies.
- fabulous modern indianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2014See above.........................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencepriagDined on 10/6/2014Really enjoyed the experience. Delicious food - the naans are amazing. Rakesh the chef is great. He stepped out to greet all diners. Then he sat down to have a chat with us. We traded deserts :) It was my Mom's birthday and we had some amazing cake so we offered him , in return he ordered a delicious fig icecream desert with date palm and a beautiful candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizersLizzieDined on 9/27/2014I would definitely go back. However, I would order several appetizers and skip the entree. The samosas were excellent as was the kashmiri bread. The sauces were all excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!GourmetDined on 9/24/2014I've dined at Indeblue several times and it's always a treat. Fantastic coktails, great food and always consistent in quality and taste. Excellent service as well. Highly recommend the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - tuesday live musicMBOinNJDined on 9/23/2014great food, excellent service, cool space. tuesday nights has live tabla and sitar music and the guys performing are really fantastic. Absolutely will go again. prices very reasonable
- Busy on a TuesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014This is a busy Indian restaurant. We waited about 10 minutes for our table to be ready at the bar and enjoyed a mango martini and a spicy lychee. Both were great and the bartender was friendly. There were 2 guys playing the sitar and tabla while we ate. It added to the dining experience. We loved the food, lots of flavor and spicy but not overboard spicy. The highlights were the spinach chaat, lamp chops, scallops and fish of the day. The fish was expertly prepared as were the scallops. We have already made reservations to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again simply wonderful!FoodieGirlDined on 9/22/2014Second time coming here and again wonderful-service, food and its a beautifully decorated space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMissyDined on 9/20/2014I really enjoyed the service that I received from them. The food was good. Dinner lighting was great. Will come again.Special Features:
- Delicious food!!!!datenight4twoDined on 9/19/2014Me and my fiance had a great time at this restaurant. The food was amazing and the service was great. We did notice that the same song was playing for an hour which was making us feel a bit crazy. But it finally changed to a new song. And I thought switching out the silverware whenever we had a new course was not necessary and probably a waste of water in the kitchen. Other than that we will definitely go back! Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Fantastic food, the decor is beautiful. The sevice was promptSpecial Features:
- IndeBue Restaurant Weeksunshine2020Dined on 9/19/2014First off, the place has such a nice interior! Very nice color scheme, great for dinner! Now the food....My favorite was most definitely the spinach chaat! The crispy spinach paired with tomatoes and onions and a little yogurt was really delicious. I however was not to pleased with the crispy vegetables. There was a lack of salt and just over all flavor. Without the tamarind sauce, I don't think I would have finished it. For the main course though, I really LOVED the garlic naan! The rice and chicken tikka makhani were really delicious too! The spices were on point and the amount given was perfect. Now to the desert...let's just say, gulab jamun and cinnamon ice cream put together tasted like heaven!!! Over all, I was pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fantasticck369633256Dined on 9/18/2014By far one of my favorite restaurants now. I went for Restaurant Week and plan to go back in the future. The only thing I could complain about was the dessert. I had the panna cotta and it was average, but the overall meal makes up for that.Special Features:
- Great executionBond4ReviewDined on 9/17/2014First time visit and it was during Restaurant Week. Overall the food was excellent, full of developed flavors and cooked perfectly. Several dishes were also part of their regular menu. Chicken tikka and lamb balti were both moist, just enough spice. For dessert we had the cardamom kheer with raisins and pistachios…outstanding. We were already full but somehow motivated enough to make room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patioVIPDined on 9/13/2014IndeBlue was excellent! Fancier than Tiffin but more traditional than Tashan. This restaurant will make you want to go out for Indian and not just get takeout. We happened to go during Restaurant Week, and this was one of the best value meals I have ever been served during Restaurant Week.
- Great food Great serviceDeliciousDined on 9/13/2014We went in with only an hour to spend since we were working at the Kimmel Center for a show. Couldn't sample the cocktails, which look enticing, but the food is AMAZING. And the servers weren't just helpful, they were efficient and concerned about getting us out on time, although we never felt rushed. Great dining in a great Philly neighborhood.Special Features:
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The staff was ASTOUNDING. Food was just a great. Although the place looked as if you'd be crowded I felt everyone had their own space to eat without bumpkin elbows or overhearing conversations. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Everything we tried was delicious, and the service was excellent! Great place for a date, or a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time during Restaurant WeekNikkiDined on 9/11/2014No complaints other than our server forgetting to bring our drinks. I'd heard a lot of this restaurant, and as a fan of Indian cuisine I knew I had to try it. They did a great job with the pre-fix menu - it offers a wide array of choices for Indian food lovers and skeptics alike. The restaurant is beautiful, a bit on the smaller side which I prefer. All 4 courses were delicious.Special Features:
- Best Indian food I've tasted!!!FoodieDivaDined on 9/11/2014I love Indian food and have eaten at several places both in and outside of Philadelphia but IndeBlue is by far the best. The food has such great flavor!!! The server suggested the crispy spinach chaat and omgeeeee I'm glad she did. The flavor was so bold it lasted on my taste buds well after I swallowed!!!! The food came fast and the service was good. I am going back again next week!!!!Special Features:
- Unique tastesYoungLizzyDined on 9/10/2014Went for a restaurant week dinner, and I'm glad that I did. I happened to be unfamiliar with this type of Indian food (I'm told that Indian cuisine is pretty diverse and varies region by region). The spices that were used in the food were different from anything I've ever tried in the past. I really appreciated that the dessert was very lightly sweetened..the rice pudding and ice cream we ordered tasted very refreshing, despite being 'heavier' desserts. The presentation of all the dishes was great at well. I don't think that this style of food fits my own personal tastes, but I am glad that I gave this place a try! Beautiful restaurant, too.
- NewPhilAstralGliderDined on 9/9/2014A great take on Indian food for upscale casual customers. A duo playing sitar and percussion carries the feel through the evening.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014After 5 years in the city, this was one of the best meals we've had in Philadelphia! The food was incredible, ambiance was great, and the live sitar on a Tuesday night was the perfect touch!Special Features:
- MissabledeebeeDined on 9/6/2014Totally overrated and overpriced place! I've eaten better Indian food. Too noisy-you can't even hear yourself speak. Food was bland and meh. Waste of moneySpecial Features:
- Always amazingdevrich12VIPDined on 9/5/2014First of all Julie the waitress is a gem in this restaurant. Hadn't been here in over a month and she remembered what food we liked as well as what bottle of wine, as if we were there yesterday. Amazing. Plus I had made a reservation for the wrong day and Danny the host was nice enough to readjust for us. Plus, the owner was the chef that night and his modern take on the food was even more incredible than our first two times there. Simply amazing! Fried Spinach Chaat was given to us as a thank you for returning and while I wouldn't have thought to order it, I will get it every time now. Delicious & crunchy! Every dish we ate, (all the small dishes basically we had), was cooked to perfection from the soul of the real chef. Ya gotta eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally!bonbonDined on 9/5/2014We've been trying to dine here for awhile, however schedules got in the way. It was worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Everyone loved what they ordered. Service was great and so was the food!Special Features:
- HildyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Don't miss Happy Hour at the bar. Great prices on drinks and select appetizers. Highly recommend the Indebluetini. The bartender was attentive and explained how they make the simple syrup in this particular drink. All of the dishes we ordered at dinner were very good. I recommend the Crispy Spinach appetizer and the Butter Chicken entrée! Our waiter was patient and did not make us feel rushed.Special Features:
- Light eating, hip restaurantLarInPhillyDined on 8/29/2014The server was knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and when we asked she offered her opinion which we found to be well taken. The wines we had were tasty and notably, good for a bar in this neighborhood. The manager stopped by the table quite cordially to check on our meals, again a rarity here. We loved the food. I had the butter chicken, another in our party the goat marsala. The rice he had with his dish was particularly notable. For an Indian restaurant, the rice is typically good but this went beyond that to interesting as well as tasty. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Philly's Indian delightsavinairDined on 8/27/2014I was pleasantly surprised with the delirious food, gorgeous ambience and amazing service. I was there for the first time with my two friends who were visiting me from abroad. We loved the starters samosas and basil mint kebabs and for entree they had Butter chicken and I had the non vegetarian thali (with lamb ghosh and chicken curry as the two entrees). I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wishes to eat good indian food. My only wish is that the owners could include more tasty indian dishes in the menu so as to have more options for Indians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian BrunchFoodieGirlDined on 8/24/2014Would never think of eating brunch at an Indian restaurant. Sunday brunch at Indeblue was very enjoyable. They had 2 musicians playing the sitar and the drums. The music was the perfect level, we had no problems hearing each other speak. Most of the brunch items were less than $10, our rose mimosa and chai sangria were $4 each. They had a nice selection of indian and non-indian menu items. The mango french toast was to die for and so was the dosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodForThoughtDined on 8/23/2014Every dish we ordered was delicious. Probably the best Indian dining experience I've ever had. We ordered a bunch of vegetarian appetizers and entrees. The spinach chat was obviously outstanding. The saag paneer entree was also very well made. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great center city Indian cuisinebusyfoodieDined on 8/23/2014My daughter and I popped in the restaurant enroute to her college start. Quality fare, pleasing presentation, modern and inviting decor make this Indian gem a definite place to return to! Service was attentive, prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- Best Indian food in PhiladelphiaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I'm Indian and know Indian food and this is the best in the city. Very fresh and spiced the way it should be. Clean and beautiful inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in downtown PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014I always enjoy coming to IndeBlue. The food is amazing. I have tried the specials and entrees on the menu. Can't ever go wrong. Can't wait to go back to IndeBlue.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch spot in Center CityChrisDined on 8/22/2014Came here for lunch for the first time with a co-worker. I had previously dined here for dinner and loved it. They got pretty busy during lunch but our food came out quickly and it was delicious. I ordered a thali which I don't think they offer at dinner. It was like a tasting sample platter that included a chicken dish, a lamb dish with peppers, a lentil dish, an eggplant appetizer, rice, naan and several sauces. All of it was excellent. My co-worker ordered the chicken wrap and spinach chaat and loved both, especially the spinach, he said he had never eaten anything like it before. Our server told us that they have a brunch on Sundays with a live sitar player, I'm definitely checking that out. Affordable and great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.