IndeBlue - Philadelphia
205 S. 13th St
Philadelphia, PA 19145Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
IndeBlue - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indebluerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 215-545-4633x2
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Rakesh Ramola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please view our website for menus and catering options.
- Entertainment: Live sitar and tabla every Tuesday at 7:00pm and Sunday Brunch at noon.
- Special Events: Indeblue is perfect for business lunches as well as larger parties. Please contact Tobi for details.
A word from IndeBlue - Philadelphia
Indeblue offers a fresh, modern take on Indian cuisine as well as traditional Indian favorites. We showcase fresh meats, local produce and house-made cheese and breads. We take pride in offering a variety of vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free menu items that are both creative and full of flavor. Chef Rakesh will take you on a culinary journey throughout the many regions of India. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff will guide you through your dining experience.Continued
Indeblue is located in Philadelphia's vibrant Midtown Village and offers a full bar with an extensive wine, beer and cocktail list.
We look forward to your visit.
Indeblue is located in Philadelphia's vibrant Midtown Village and offers a full bar with an extensive wine, beer and cocktail list.
We look forward to your visit.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
IndeBlue - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)neighborhood gem (62)romantic (50)special occasion (44)good for groups (41)hot spot (25)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great executionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014First time visit and it was during Restaurant Week. Overall the food was excellent, full of developed flavors and cooked perfectly. Several dishes were also part of their regular menu. Chicken tikka and lamb balti were both moist, just enough spice. For dessert we had the cardamom kheer with raisins and pistachios…outstanding. We were already full but somehow motivated enough to make room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who Knew to make a requestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014not to be seated near the kitchen and the bathrooms. I sure didn't know! Especially since my party arrived early and had drinks at the bar and were told that our table was being prepared for us. We would have had a better dining experience had we stayed at the bar. My 1st time here in August, was for drinks and everything was great. This time, the servers were really great as well, but there are too many restaurants in Philly that won't seat me near the lavatories to choose from. I doubt that I will dine here again.Special Features:
- patioVIPDined on 9/13/2014IndeBlue was excellent! Fancier than Tiffin but more traditional than Tashan. This restaurant will make you want to go out for Indian and not just get takeout. We happened to go during Restaurant Week, and this was one of the best value meals I have ever been served during Restaurant Week.
- Great food Great serviceDeliciousDined on 9/13/2014We went in with only an hour to spend since we were working at the Kimmel Center for a show. Couldn't sample the cocktails, which look enticing, but the food is AMAZING. And the servers weren't just helpful, they were efficient and concerned about getting us out on time, although we never felt rushed. Great dining in a great Philly neighborhood.Special Features:
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The staff was ASTOUNDING. Food was just a great. Although the place looked as if you'd be crowded I felt everyone had their own space to eat without bumpkin elbows or overhearing conversations. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Everything we tried was delicious, and the service was excellent! Great place for a date, or a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time during Restaurant WeekNikkiDined on 9/11/2014No complaints other than our server forgetting to bring our drinks. I'd heard a lot of this restaurant, and as a fan of Indian cuisine I knew I had to try it. They did a great job with the pre-fix menu - it offers a wide array of choices for Indian food lovers and skeptics alike. The restaurant is beautiful, a bit on the smaller side which I prefer. All 4 courses were delicious.Special Features:
- Best Indian food I've tasted!!!FoodieDivaDined on 9/11/2014I love Indian food and have eaten at several places both in and outside of Philadelphia but IndeBlue is by far the best. The food has such great flavor!!! The server suggested the crispy spinach chaat and omgeeeee I'm glad she did. The flavor was so bold it lasted on my taste buds well after I swallowed!!!! The food came fast and the service was good. I am going back again next week!!!!Special Features:
- Unique tastesYoungLizzyDined on 9/10/2014Went for a restaurant week dinner, and I'm glad that I did. I happened to be unfamiliar with this type of Indian food (I'm told that Indian cuisine is pretty diverse and varies region by region). The spices that were used in the food were different from anything I've ever tried in the past. I really appreciated that the dessert was very lightly sweetened..the rice pudding and ice cream we ordered tasted very refreshing, despite being 'heavier' desserts. The presentation of all the dishes was great at well. I don't think that this style of food fits my own personal tastes, but I am glad that I gave this place a try! Beautiful restaurant, too.
- NewPhilAstralGliderDined on 9/9/2014A great take on Indian food for upscale casual customers. A duo playing sitar and percussion carries the feel through the evening.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014After 5 years in the city, this was one of the best meals we've had in Philadelphia! The food was incredible, ambiance was great, and the live sitar on a Tuesday night was the perfect touch!Special Features:
- MissabledeebeeDined on 9/6/2014Totally overrated and overpriced place! I've eaten better Indian food. Too noisy-you can't even hear yourself speak. Food was bland and meh. Waste of moneySpecial Features:
- Always amazingdevrich12VIPDined on 9/5/2014First of all Julie the waitress is a gem in this restaurant. Hadn't been here in over a month and she remembered what food we liked as well as what bottle of wine, as if we were there yesterday. Amazing. Plus I had made a reservation for the wrong day and Danny the host was nice enough to readjust for us. Plus, the owner was the chef that night and his modern take on the food was even more incredible than our first two times there. Simply amazing! Fried Spinach Chaat was given to us as a thank you for returning and while I wouldn't have thought to order it, I will get it every time now. Delicious & crunchy! Every dish we ate, (all the small dishes basically we had), was cooked to perfection from the soul of the real chef. Ya gotta eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally!bonbonDined on 9/5/2014We've been trying to dine here for awhile, however schedules got in the way. It was worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Everyone loved what they ordered. Service was great and so was the food!Special Features:
- HildyDined on 8/30/2014Don't miss Happy Hour at the bar. Great prices on drinks and select appetizers. Highly recommend the Indebluetini. The bartender was attentive and explained how they make the simple syrup in this particular drink. All of the dishes we ordered at dinner were very good. I recommend the Crispy Spinach appetizer and the Butter Chicken entrée! Our waiter was patient and did not make us feel rushed.Special Features:
- Light eating, hip restaurantLarInPhillyDined on 8/29/2014The server was knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and when we asked she offered her opinion which we found to be well taken. The wines we had were tasty and notably, good for a bar in this neighborhood. The manager stopped by the table quite cordially to check on our meals, again a rarity here. We loved the food. I had the butter chicken, another in our party the goat marsala. The rice he had with his dish was particularly notable. For an Indian restaurant, the rice is typically good but this went beyond that to interesting as well as tasty. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Philly's Indian delightsavinairDined on 8/27/2014I was pleasantly surprised with the delirious food, gorgeous ambience and amazing service. I was there for the first time with my two friends who were visiting me from abroad. We loved the starters samosas and basil mint kebabs and for entree they had Butter chicken and I had the non vegetarian thali (with lamb ghosh and chicken curry as the two entrees). I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wishes to eat good indian food. My only wish is that the owners could include more tasty indian dishes in the menu so as to have more options for Indians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian BrunchFoodieGirlDined on 8/24/2014Would never think of eating brunch at an Indian restaurant. Sunday brunch at Indeblue was very enjoyable. They had 2 musicians playing the sitar and the drums. The music was the perfect level, we had no problems hearing each other speak. Most of the brunch items were less than $10, our rose mimosa and chai sangria were $4 each. They had a nice selection of indian and non-indian menu items. The mango french toast was to die for and so was the dosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodForThoughtDined on 8/23/2014Every dish we ordered was delicious. Probably the best Indian dining experience I've ever had. We ordered a bunch of vegetarian appetizers and entrees. The spinach chat was obviously outstanding. The saag paneer entree was also very well made. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great center city Indian cuisinebusyfoodieDined on 8/23/2014My daughter and I popped in the restaurant enroute to her college start. Quality fare, pleasing presentation, modern and inviting decor make this Indian gem a definite place to return to! Service was attentive, prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- Best Indian food in PhiladelphiaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I'm Indian and know Indian food and this is the best in the city. Very fresh and spiced the way it should be. Clean and beautiful inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in downtown PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014I always enjoy coming to IndeBlue. The food is amazing. I have tried the specials and entrees on the menu. Can't ever go wrong. Can't wait to go back to IndeBlue.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch spot in Center CityChrisDined on 8/22/2014Came here for lunch for the first time with a co-worker. I had previously dined here for dinner and loved it. They got pretty busy during lunch but our food came out quickly and it was delicious. I ordered a thali which I don't think they offer at dinner. It was like a tasting sample platter that included a chicken dish, a lamb dish with peppers, a lentil dish, an eggplant appetizer, rice, naan and several sauces. All of it was excellent. My co-worker ordered the chicken wrap and spinach chaat and loved both, especially the spinach, he said he had never eaten anything like it before. Our server told us that they have a brunch on Sundays with a live sitar player, I'm definitely checking that out. Affordable and great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in downtown PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/20/2014I love eating at IndeBlue. Try the butter chicken and garlic naan. You will not be disappointed. The food is amazing and the service is incredible.Special Features:
- great food, great serviceSmmphdVIPDined on 8/14/2014Upscale Indian food in a lovely ambiance centrally located to theaters, etc. Went with a group of 6 and we had excellent service. Recommend the 4 course prix fixe meals.Special Features:
- Tasty BBQ SamosaStephanieDined on 8/4/2014Had an early dinner here before a concert at Wells Fargo. BBQ Samosa with blue cheese wine sauce was amazing. Mint Basil Chicken kabob was flavorful and light, and a great option for someone looking for a great healthy option. We all shared the chicken makhani which was smooth with a hint of spice. The garlic and spinach and cheese naan were fresh and hot and great for dipping. David, our server was very friendly and very knowledable about the menu and gave us awesome recommendations. The restaurant was beautifully decored and was a pleasant atmosphere to eat in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much prefer Collingswood over PhilaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014I went for lunch in the Philadelphia IndeBlue on a weekday. There was hardly anybody in the restaurant, and it still took 40 min to get the meal. The number of menu items was fairly limited. The food was good. I love the Collingswood IndeBlue restaurant and will go there often. However, I will refrain from visiting the downtown location anytime soon.
- Terrific Indian Food; Great ServiceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014I love Indian food - all types. When I'm not traveling, my spouse and I "have Indian out" at least once a week (sometimes more). Most Indian restaurants are mediocre. IndeBlue is not. Instead, it's superb. The food is wonderful, it's beautifully plated, and the service is uber-professional. Everything was beautiful, tasty, and professional. In a city with a lot of good restaurants, this one deserves special attention and recognition.
- Very good one with nice locationMilwaukeeGuyDined on 8/3/2014Authentic food and great service. Kids friendly. Clean. But it should be more accessible for those who need special assistance.Special Features:
- Vegetarian-friendlyVegmomDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went pre-theater. I am a vegetarian, he is not. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and appetizers. I was so stuffed I couldn't eat dessert! We both were slightly disappointed that no naan was offered, it had to be ordered separately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Indian place in townFranVIPDined on 7/31/2014Love this place. It's beautifully decorated and has a very comfortable noise level (at about 7-9 on a weeknight). Portions are generous, even the "small" plates. My girlfriend and I each had a different kabob (chicken with mango chutney and shrimp) and were both humming, mopping up the sauce with our delicious bread. We also had the paneer saag and the baingan bharta side dishes. TheIt was the perfect amount of food, so our tab came to about $25 per person including bread and a coffee. This place is the only place in town that I've found to offer vegetarian side dishes so you can get a nice variety. And the paneer dish was the best i have ever had-- and I always order it everywhere i go. Great happy hour too!Special Features:
- Excellent food in downtown PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/31/2014I must say at first I was skeptical. The food was amazing. Channa Masala. Amazing. I will definitely be back. I even purchased a gift card to give to a peer for her birthday.Special Features:
- deliciousphoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food was delicious and the portions, although seemingly small at first, were just right. We unfortunately did not have room for dessert. The ambience and decor is very elegant. The service was a bit lacking, including basic things like having to flag someone down for a water refill after most of our glasses had been empty for several minutes.Special Features:
- Great again!happy2eathereVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wait staff was amazing, as always. Food was delicious. Glad to be able to introduce yet another friend to your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inde LOUDjantraderDined on 7/25/2014Beautifully decorated and very loud. Had a hard time talking with people at my table. Food very good and a couple of dishes excellent. Service was excellent, we had questions and our server went beyond to get them answered. Cocktails delicious and different. Yelp gave it $$ but I would give it $$$, as it was the most expensive Indian meal I ever had. Mark up on our bottle of wine was excessive.Special Features:
- 2nd time as good as the firstdevrich12VIPDined on 7/19/2014Went to this restaurant for the first time the night before. So good I had to go back. We Loved the food and can't wait to go back. Jarrod took wonderful care of us all evening and even Julie our waitress from the previous evening checked in several times and made sure we were doing well, and while the Noise Level was energetic since there were several large parties that night, it was more of a fun atmosphere and did not disrupt a nice romantic evening. Ya gotta go if you are in Philly!Special Features:
- Great food, great service.PhillyfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is my 4th time at the Center City location. The drinks are superb and the dinner, even better! Although we made reservations for a party of 6, we had to wait 30 minutes for the party to finish. The manager apologized and after I continued to ask him about that wait, he provided us a complimentary round of drinks and brought us two complimentary appetizers (which happened to be my favorite!) to the table. I have never had to wait before with reservations but this was the first time I had to make a reservation for a group. It was still a great experience and our waiter was also friendly and professional. The food is delicious and not like your typical, casual Indian restaurant. There is a unique twist with lots of bold flavor.Special Features:
- Enjoyed myselfSidneyDined on 7/18/2014I went once on a friday and i really didn't know what to expect but when i was seated i knew my experience would be a good one. The service is amazing , the waiters are friendly abd prompt when it comes to satisfying requests. The good was amazing i trued the lamb josh it was very good although i wanted bigger portions lol it definitely went to fast. Overall i give indeblue 9 out of 10. I will return and i recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian place I've eatenEstroVIPDined on 7/18/2014It's an upscale Indian cuisine. Try the tasting menu. it's good value for money and gives you the best dishes! if you really want to enjoy, go with wine pairing. it was perfect. my only problem there it's that it was way too loud there, but i don't think it's something the restaurant can control. the food and the service were great and that's what it's all about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.