526 King Street
Charleston, SC 29403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://indacocharleston.com/
- Phone: 8437271228x
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY - WEDNESDAY: 5 TO 10 PM
THURSDAY - SATURDAY: 5 PM to 11 PM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: ROBERT BERRY
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Indaco
Genuine Italian flavors fill an airy, modern space accented by lime-wash, white brick, blonde butcher block and silver lighting pendants. An antique pizza peel dating to the 1850s hangs on the wall, portraying Indaco’s dedication to authenticity. The restaurant boasts a craft cocktail program featuring Italian classics such as the Negroni and amaro on tap and housemade Italian sodas. This concept introduces traditional Italian eating to Upper King’s booming, fine-dining scene. A 2,900 square foot restaurant, Indaco offers 100 seats inclusive of the bar and patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Indaco reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)special occasion (46)hot spot (45)good for groups (44)great for outdoor dining (42)notable wine list (37)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Food is well-prepared and menu has a unique flair.Special Features:
- Not the normal Italian fareheatherbgaleDined on 9/13/2014If you are looking for a spot with spaghetti, meat balls and red sauce, this Italian joint isn't for you. If you want to enjoy some rare combinations and delicious homemade pasta, Indaco is great. We went to the restaurant during Charleston's restaurant week and enjoyed the grouper appetizer, the bibb salad, the italian sausage pizza and the black pepper tagliatelli. The pasta was a small portion for the cost, but it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MollyMollyDined on 9/13/2014As always, Indaco was a great dining experience. One of the diners in our party felt the pizza was too salty. The server offered to make her a new one. When she declined, we were all surprised to see that the pizza had been comped on the bill. Very classy. We'll be back of course!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014Everything was wonderful. We brought friends from out of town and they were thrilled with everything. Will definitely be back often......Special Features:
- Amazing food and service!Jaliluba4Dined on 9/6/2014Highly recommend this trendy, unique spot for date nights or groups! Lively atmosphere and ambiance. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, amazingly loud!CoachDined on 9/5/2014The food here is amazing! My friends were in Italy and the appetizer we ordered tasted just like the one they ate in Italy. But it's not a place for a romantic dinner because you will be yelling at each other in order to hear one another. While I'd definitely go back, it is honestly one of, if not THE loudest eatery I've ever been in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & Delicious Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014If you are in the mood for a unique dining experience in Italian food, venture to Indaco. All the pasta' s are made fresh at the restaurant. But more exciting are the unique combinations that the kitchen produces. It is truly a dining experience.Special Features:
- outstandingVilemansgirlDined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I just moved to the area and we have been to Indaco 3 times. Great food, great atmosphere, wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper King Italian GemSouthernFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Inventive Italian fare - its pizzas are particularly delicious - and a well-selected Italian wine list, both delivered by a very competent and knowledgeable team of servers. While Indaco is not yet as well known as other Charleston eating spots, our dining experience equalled or exceeded meals at its more famous colleagues. The word is getting out - the smallish restaurant was packed on Sunday night and Indaco just made the local newspaper's 20 Essential Restaurants List. Great experience and its Italian menu is a good change of pace for a Charleston food weekend. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not going backilovecharlestonrestaurantDined on 8/30/2014Very disappointing menu for an italian restaurant. I asked the server if any of the dishes had a traditional red sauce and she looked at me like I was an idiot. The server, yet beautiful, was unfriendly and seemed bothered by our questions as first timers. I would not recommend it and will most likely not return unless just for drinks at the bar.Special Features:
- First time surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We have been visiting charleston for three years and I am sad we never ate here before. Loved the creative flavor combinations. Pizza dough was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner great wine servicePasadenagalDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I took our college son to dinner and it was the best. The restauant is buzzing inside but we were able to take advantage of their lovely outdoor patio for a quieter noise level. Service was great and food outstanding. We started with the chefs "board" which was house made charcuterie including a seafood pate with ink tapanade and cured pork and shared their littlt gem salad, very fresh. Followed mains fab thin crust pizza fresh from oven and buccatini with roasted leekes and fingerling potatoes. The star was my sons seafood pasta with lemon ricotta, one of the best dishes I have had. The sommelier was a great young man, who spent quite a while with us trying to match a wine I had had in Venice, success! great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such an amazing experience!rchimusDined on 8/19/2014I can't say enough good things about Indaco and their staff. I have been coming here every couple months since they opened and each experience was always perfect. I always try and get the chef curated meal, which I would highly recommend, because it gives the chef the ability to really show off everything they have on the menu and lets you try out so many amazing options. The manager on duty made sure every entree that touched our table was on point. He even recommended a bottle of wine that was excellent. The wait staff never missed a beat and kept our table immaculately manicured. Everyone was incredibly friendly and outgoing and well knowledgeable on every ingredient in each plate that came to our table. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- LOVE INDACO!!!JenkaneDined on 8/18/2014Amazing, my new favorite place to dine in Charleston. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014The food was as good as I expected it to be. We had burrata which might be the best I ever had. The pizza and homemade pasta were delicious as was the grouper and chicken. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualJenanneCBDined on 8/16/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Charleston. A modern twist on Italian. No spaghetti and meatballs here! What you will get is innovative house made pasta dishes and amazing gourmet pizzas.Special Features:
- JaneDined on 8/14/2014Great restaurant! Modern and lively ! We were never rushed.Special Features:
- Too Much for Too Little!dine2dayDined on 8/14/2014We were looking forward to experiencing the chef's take on classic Italian favorites. Indaco did not disappoint. Each had a pasta classic innovatively reinvented and well presented. I have a small appetite so inquired whether half portions of pasta were offered; they aren't. Have no fear at Indaco! Your $24 pasta entree IS a half portion! I left hungry; unheard of for me. Great wine list but very skimpy pours left me feeling cheated. By all means charge $12 for that nice Italian white, but pour the thing...I know how many glasses are in the bottle!! No bread, nothing extra or special. Great location. Appreciate valet parking but these shouldn't be your 2 best reasons for picking a restaurant in a town teeming with great dining options!Special Features:
- Fabulous food!LuvEatingVIPDined on 8/12/2014Indaco has an interesting menu, great service, nice atmosphere and the food is very well prepared. My friends and I had the grouper crudo, corn sformato, and sweet corn pizza. Creative flavor combinations very well executed. Restaurant is a little noisy when full, but not so ear- splitting that you have to scream at your table mates. Highly recommend, have never had a bad meal there.Special Features:
- Not your basic ItaliansaritaVIPDined on 8/10/2014Very fun, delicious, interesting place to be and dine. Only complaint was that our server talked so quietly we could hardly hear him over the restaurant buzz. Will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomejohnnyDined on 8/8/2014Service and food was outstanding. They rolled out the red carpet for my wedding anniversary. Thankyou for making specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!EACNDined on 8/7/2014The pizzas were delicious and the wine list was impeccable. Also really enjoyed the decor and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe for pizza..flyinglow25Dined on 8/1/2014Maybe the pizza is good, but for dinner and the entries, we were all very dissatisfied. The food was so-so, an Italian restaurant where you had to ask for pasta with an Italian dish instead of a vegetable, and NO bread served at an Italian restaurant for dinner is a definite turn off, especially when they have an oven for pizza.....
- Excellent!!LauraCDined on 7/31/2014The food and ambiance are outstanding. My only reason for a 4 star food rating was that they were out of many of their items and we arrived at 6:45p.m. But honestly this is one of the best restaurants in Charleston. The atmosphere is really fun, cocktails were delicious, wine was perfect and food amazing. A MUST visit! (We went with a group of 6)Special Features:
- Wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014From the wine list to the food I could not have been happier with my expierence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, overpriced menuCharlestondiner11Dined on 7/18/2014A relative of ours was celebrating her 50th birthday so we thought Indaco would be a great place to start the evening with dinner. Our hostess was very welcoming. After that, our dining experience went downhill. The Indaco website says their happy hour specials are 5-7pm daily, so we were looking forward to starting off with some specials. Our server told us that doesn't apply to Friday or Saturday (visited Friday). Hopefully they've taken "daily" off their website. They also said they'd bring out a special birthday dessert for our relative (never happened, though they did bring her champagne). The high prices don't match the taste/portion sizes. If you want great Italian food on the peninsula, we highly recommend Il Cortile Del Re.
- Fresh take on Italian.PHLlDined on 7/11/2014One of my favorites in Charleston. The food is so fresh. They make their on pasta and mozzarella. Veggies are done just right.Special Features:
- Great!!!JimboDined on 7/10/2014This place was REALLY CROWDED, but we had our Open Table reservations and were sat right down. Lively place, but really loud. The hard surfaces in the restaurant along with the crowd make it very hard to talk to your dinner companion. The food and service were excellent. My wife had a whole baked red snapper which I tasted. It was very good. Moist, not overdone. Very simply prepared. I had the fennel sausage pizza which was very good. My son and his girlfriend had the Pepper based pasta dish. This was really good with subtle flavor and perfectly prepared pasta. All in all, a great place, it's just too loud. They need an acoustical engineer to place their sound dampening panels and perhaps put some rugs on the floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodqotuDined on 7/6/2014Indaco never disappoints whether dinner for 2 or ten. excellent service. Interesting menu. Nice atmosphere in or out.Special Features:
- Not you typical Italian restaurantLuvLifeVIPDined on 7/4/2014July 4th was my second trip to Indaco and I was again very impressed with the food. The service was great and the food was outstanding. The only downside was being put by the window where they had one high round table for 2. This table should not be used for people with reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian surpriseMeateaterDined on 7/4/2014Go to this place with an open mind. It is not your typical Italian restaurant. Our group shared a grouper antipasti and pizza which was very tasty and perfect set up for our main courses of various homemade pastas. The servers were extremely well versed in all the dishes and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indaco was Wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/4/2014We went for our 40th anniversary & will go back! The food was WONDERFUL & not so much that we didn't have room for dessert, which is usually the case. It was quiet enough to talk, our server was attentive & knowledgable... I would strongly recommend!!!Special Features:
- A bit disappointing, but not badOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014After hearing a lot about it, I was looking forward to my first experience at Indaco. I was really disappointed in the food. Both my pasta dish and my husband's snapper were not very good. The ambiance was nice overall, but unfortunately, we were seated in an awkward spot against an ugly metal beam by the doorway with lots of traffic, so not so great for us. The wine list was pretty good, though. And the dessert.Special Features:
- Amazing chef tastingkqs11VIPDined on 6/27/2014We did a chefs tasting menu and it was amazing. A ton of food, but each dish was better than the last. Definitely would recommend to anyone. The burrata is a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian in the SouthGab333Dined on 6/26/2014My boyfriend and I went for our anniversary dinner, having never been to Indaco before. We had a lovely evening, I really enjoyed the menu, the Italian felt very authentic. The wine and cocktail lists were also varied and appropriate for the Italian theme. Loved the vibe, we will be returning for cocktails and their gelato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won Over with the Veg Dish!HeatherVIPDined on 6/3/2014This is our second visit to Indaco, and we think it's more fun with a group. The menu is pretty expansive with options for everyone. The dish that completely blew me away and made me a fan was the veggie dish. Purple potato puree was delicious! Love the cauliflower on it, too. The rest of the table's faves were the grouper and the meatball app. We'll be back!Special Features:
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014the food was good, different, inventive. However for the price asking I was expecting better, I'm spoiled by comparing indaco to all the other awesome charleston restaurants that ask the same prices. Nice location, nice staff, nice indoor ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceVitaDined on 5/28/2014We found the restaurant staff to be very friendly and accommodating. The idea of a Chef's choice for a four course meal is exciting. This allows the Chef to showcase some of his/her signature dishes and provides the element of surprise and delight for the diner. We were not disappointed. The restaurant also has a nice selection of domestic and imported wines, many from Italy, that are of good quality and moderately priced. In our view, Indaco ranks at the top of the list of restaurants in Charleston and we certainly will patronize them again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and wine selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Loved the food and the ambiance will def try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 141 reviews are from the Indaco reviews archive.
- Fantasticamyrush83Dined on 5/17/2014With all the amazing restaurants in Charleston, I had high hopes for Indaco. I was not disappointed! The food was to die for and the service was probably the best I've had in recent memory. Go!Special Features: