526 King Street
Charleston, SC 29403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://indacocharleston.com/
- Phone: 8437271228x
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY - WEDNESDAY: 5 TO 10 PM
THURSDAY - SATURDAY: 5 PM to 11 PM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Perez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Indaco
Genuine Italian flavors fill an airy, modern space accented by lime-wash, white brick, blonde butcher block and silver lighting pendants. An antique pizza peel dating to the 1850s hangs on the wall, portraying Indaco’s dedication to authenticity. The restaurant boasts a craft cocktail program featuring Italian classics such as the Negroni and amaro on tap and housemade Italian sodas. This concept introduces traditional Italian eating to Upper King’s booming, fine-dining scene. A 2,900 square foot restaurant, Indaco offers 100 seats inclusive of the bar and patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Indaco reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (98)hot spot (58)notable wine list (49)special occasion (48)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (43)romantic (35)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food- inconsistent portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014I LOVE this place! I've been here a few times and I've gotten the same meal Agnolotti Pasta (Brisket pasta dish- TO DIE FOR) a few times! The first time the portion was huge and since then it has been pretty small. I'm not a big eater either :) I'm a petite 100lb girl, but even I finished my dish and had room for more. Still a GREAT restaurant and one of my favs!Special Features:
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Our first fining experience at Indaco was great. The inside was pretty noisy at 9 on a Saturday night so we sat outside. Best pizza we have had since moving out of Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian with a twistLuvmyneighborhoodDined on 10/25/2014Italian restaurant using interesting farm to table ingredients. The house made pasta is fabulous. The pizza is perfect. But I love,love, the burrata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Indaco never disappoints! The staff are great. They are very friendly and give on point recommendations on food and wine. The burrata is a must have every time we go. It's so nice also to see the manager come out and check on us throughout our meal. Thanks Indaco for another wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceLuluDined on 10/19/2014Dined at Indaco for the first time for my boyfriend's birthday. We ordered the Chef's choice. It was outstanding!!! The four courses are chosen by the chef so you don't know what will be served but as long as you aren't picky you will be pleased. It was ample food and every dish was unique and delicious!!! The service was excellent and the ambiance was perfect for an intimate outing. I will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious!starrygirlDined on 10/18/2014Had a great time dining with family and friends after a theater production. I love the fun, casual vibe. Brussel sprout pizza is not to be missed! Yum!Special Features:
- Loved the chef tasting!TwoshoesVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful experience at Indaco on a weekend night! The service was exceptional and we thoroughly enjoyed the four course chef tasting menu. The food was exceptional and the wine menu was impressive! Highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent creative Italian cuisine!FoodaholicDined on 10/15/2014A real gem. Very unique dishes with ingredient combinations not typically used in Italian restaurants. Don't go here if you want spaghetti and meatballs. Appetizers, pizza and dessert were outstanding. Only complaint was that high velocity air conditioning made temperature inside unbearable. We moved outside and had a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Off their game?sushiloverVIPDined on 10/14/2014We have always enjoyed Indaco and its food was great deal. Tuesday's dinner seemed to be an exception. The bibb lettuce salad had so much anchovy flavor it overwhelmed the salad. That said, the apple & turnip salad was delicious. The grilled whole fish had so many bones in it that it was not enjoyable to eat. My tagliatelle was way too salty and the agnolotti was average. To top it off, it took forever to get our entrees on an evening when the restaurant was not particularly busy. Hopefully, this experience was an exception.
- Outstanding foodBrinkoVIPDined on 10/12/2014We set at the bar and started with a negroni - the best one I've had in a while. Perfectly balanced, smooth. Turnip pizza was a revelation, and so was pasta with braised brisket and a perfectly roasted chicken. The bartender was knowledgable and friendly; not that he needed to be given the skill je showed with that negroni. You can't go wrong here - one of the best Italian meals we've had, and we do get around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOODIslandGirlVIPDined on 10/12/2014Indaco was very, very good. Great neighborhood place with what looks to be a more local following...We started with Margherita Pizza and it was excellent. Of the 4 dinners we had, the Grouper and the pasta with the mushroom "bolognese" was outstanding. The spit cooked chicken was very good as well, crisp skin, tender, juicy...the most disappointing was the Porcetta. It was a HUGE portion, and while this is sometimes not a bad thing, in this case, it just overpowered the plate. It was served with beans so the whole plate was a "beige" color. Not as appetizing-looking as the other plates were. The taste was good...not great. Nice wine list. Service was outstanding as was the atmosphere. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 10/11/2014It took several weeks of trying to get a reservation for a Saturday night. Although the food was good, portions are generally small, the wine was overpriced and I was a bit disappointed. I found all the hype unwarranted.Special Features:
- Second trip - disappointed1234Dined on 10/11/2014Our service was less than stellar. The butchers plate was good, but small in comparison with other restaurants in the same class as Indaco. I got the tagliatelle which was ok, but too heavy on the spices. My wife got the Brussels sprouts pizza, which was bland and nothing special. She's an excellent cook and said that she could make this pizza better at home. We don't get many date nights away from the kids, do saturday night did one thing for use. It eliminated Indaco from out list of possible date nights.
- Best Italian in Charleston!djmccurrDined on 10/6/2014Went for my wife's birthday dinner. Service was excellent - really appreciated that the manager visited every table several times throughout the night. Food was on point - especially the agnolotti - picked that one upon the recommendation of our server. Beautiful restaurant with an outstanding menu - definitely worth visiting for any special occasion. Not cheap but well worth it.Special Features:
- Upscale bar scene, great foodGSSusanVIPDined on 10/3/2014A great place to eat when you are looking for an energetic up beat bar scene and an eclectic menu. We tried two of their wood fired pizzas. The margarita pizza was just as expected, traditional with a fabulous sauce. The clam pizza was very yummy and delicious. A very different take on traditional pizza! An enjoyable late night dinner spot.Special Features:
- In my top 5 meals I have eatenDrBehaviorVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have eaten here numerous times and it is a fav, but we chose the 45.00 tasting 4 course menu offer with the 4 in our party. It was amazing beyond belief. They listened to us and did not bring any seafood b/c one of us was allergic. Burrata, the pizzas, the pasta with ground mushrooms, butter leaf salad with creamy vinaigrette, and the pumpkin semifredo were as tasty as anything ever eaten in Charleston. Highly recommend that option for an adventuresome group. It was a terrific evening and very much appreciate everyone at this place.Special Features:
- Always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014I was thrilled to get a same day reservation, but the week after restaurant week was very quiet. Book in advance or take your chances. Sit outdoors if you want a quiet meal as the dining room is lively. I have wanted to try the porchetta for a long time and it was finally on the menu. It seemed like a good last meal before I start my diet and I was not disappointed! The brussel sprout and apple pizza is a dish I crave, so it was difficult not to order it this time. If you are from off, try a gin and tonic with locally made Jack Rudy tonic to start your meal. Park in the free valet lot off Wolfe Street just behind restaurant or the pay lot just beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Food is well-prepared and menu has a unique flair.Special Features:
- Not the normal Italian fareheatherbgaleDined on 9/13/2014If you are looking for a spot with spaghetti, meat balls and red sauce, this Italian joint isn't for you. If you want to enjoy some rare combinations and delicious homemade pasta, Indaco is great. We went to the restaurant during Charleston's restaurant week and enjoyed the grouper appetizer, the bibb salad, the italian sausage pizza and the black pepper tagliatelli. The pasta was a small portion for the cost, but it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MollyMollyDined on 9/13/2014As always, Indaco was a great dining experience. One of the diners in our party felt the pizza was too salty. The server offered to make her a new one. When she declined, we were all surprised to see that the pizza had been comped on the bill. Very classy. We'll be back of course!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014Everything was wonderful. We brought friends from out of town and they were thrilled with everything. Will definitely be back often......Special Features:
- Amazing food and service!Jaliluba4Dined on 9/6/2014Highly recommend this trendy, unique spot for date nights or groups! Lively atmosphere and ambiance. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, amazingly loud!CoachDined on 9/5/2014The food here is amazing! My friends were in Italy and the appetizer we ordered tasted just like the one they ate in Italy. But it's not a place for a romantic dinner because you will be yelling at each other in order to hear one another. While I'd definitely go back, it is honestly one of, if not THE loudest eatery I've ever been in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & Delicious Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014If you are in the mood for a unique dining experience in Italian food, venture to Indaco. All the pasta' s are made fresh at the restaurant. But more exciting are the unique combinations that the kitchen produces. It is truly a dining experience.Special Features:
- outstandingVilemansgirlDined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I just moved to the area and we have been to Indaco 3 times. Great food, great atmosphere, wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper King Italian GemSouthernFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Inventive Italian fare - its pizzas are particularly delicious - and a well-selected Italian wine list, both delivered by a very competent and knowledgeable team of servers. While Indaco is not yet as well known as other Charleston eating spots, our dining experience equalled or exceeded meals at its more famous colleagues. The word is getting out - the smallish restaurant was packed on Sunday night and Indaco just made the local newspaper's 20 Essential Restaurants List. Great experience and its Italian menu is a good change of pace for a Charleston food weekend. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not going backilovecharlestonrestaurantDined on 8/30/2014Very disappointing menu for an italian restaurant. I asked the server if any of the dishes had a traditional red sauce and she looked at me like I was an idiot. The server, yet beautiful, was unfriendly and seemed bothered by our questions as first timers. I would not recommend it and will most likely not return unless just for drinks at the bar.Special Features:
- First time surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We have been visiting charleston for three years and I am sad we never ate here before. Loved the creative flavor combinations. Pizza dough was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner great wine servicePasadenagalDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I took our college son to dinner and it was the best. The restauant is buzzing inside but we were able to take advantage of their lovely outdoor patio for a quieter noise level. Service was great and food outstanding. We started with the chefs "board" which was house made charcuterie including a seafood pate with ink tapanade and cured pork and shared their littlt gem salad, very fresh. Followed mains fab thin crust pizza fresh from oven and buccatini with roasted leekes and fingerling potatoes. The star was my sons seafood pasta with lemon ricotta, one of the best dishes I have had. The sommelier was a great young man, who spent quite a while with us trying to match a wine I had had in Venice, success! great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such an amazing experience!rchimusDined on 8/19/2014I can't say enough good things about Indaco and their staff. I have been coming here every couple months since they opened and each experience was always perfect. I always try and get the chef curated meal, which I would highly recommend, because it gives the chef the ability to really show off everything they have on the menu and lets you try out so many amazing options. The manager on duty made sure every entree that touched our table was on point. He even recommended a bottle of wine that was excellent. The wait staff never missed a beat and kept our table immaculately manicured. Everyone was incredibly friendly and outgoing and well knowledgeable on every ingredient in each plate that came to our table. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- LOVE INDACO!!!JenkaneDined on 8/18/2014Amazing, my new favorite place to dine in Charleston. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014The food was as good as I expected it to be. We had burrata which might be the best I ever had. The pizza and homemade pasta were delicious as was the grouper and chicken. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualJenanneCBDined on 8/16/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Charleston. A modern twist on Italian. No spaghetti and meatballs here! What you will get is innovative house made pasta dishes and amazing gourmet pizzas.Special Features:
- JaneDined on 8/14/2014Great restaurant! Modern and lively ! We were never rushed.Special Features:
- Too Much for Too Little!dine2dayDined on 8/14/2014We were looking forward to experiencing the chef's take on classic Italian favorites. Indaco did not disappoint. Each had a pasta classic innovatively reinvented and well presented. I have a small appetite so inquired whether half portions of pasta were offered; they aren't. Have no fear at Indaco! Your $24 pasta entree IS a half portion! I left hungry; unheard of for me. Great wine list but very skimpy pours left me feeling cheated. By all means charge $12 for that nice Italian white, but pour the thing...I know how many glasses are in the bottle!! No bread, nothing extra or special. Great location. Appreciate valet parking but these shouldn't be your 2 best reasons for picking a restaurant in a town teeming with great dining options!Special Features:
- Fabulous food!LuvEatingVIPDined on 8/12/2014Indaco has an interesting menu, great service, nice atmosphere and the food is very well prepared. My friends and I had the grouper crudo, corn sformato, and sweet corn pizza. Creative flavor combinations very well executed. Restaurant is a little noisy when full, but not so ear- splitting that you have to scream at your table mates. Highly recommend, have never had a bad meal there.Special Features:
- Not your basic ItaliansaritaVIPDined on 8/10/2014Very fun, delicious, interesting place to be and dine. Only complaint was that our server talked so quietly we could hardly hear him over the restaurant buzz. Will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomejohnnyDined on 8/8/2014Service and food was outstanding. They rolled out the red carpet for my wedding anniversary. Thankyou for making specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!EACNDined on 8/7/2014The pizzas were delicious and the wine list was impeccable. Also really enjoyed the decor and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe for pizza..flyinglow25Dined on 8/1/2014Maybe the pizza is good, but for dinner and the entries, we were all very dissatisfied. The food was so-so, an Italian restaurant where you had to ask for pasta with an Italian dish instead of a vegetable, and NO bread served at an Italian restaurant for dinner is a definite turn off, especially when they have an oven for pizza.....