455 Hartz Ave.
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.incontrodanville.com/
- Phone: (925) 820-2349
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday & Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 4:30pm-6:00p.m.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ismael Rivera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Flat screen tv at the bar. Live music on the patio during warmer months or upon request for private party.
- Special Events: We have a private room which accommodates 24 seating. Please call for details. We are happy to work with you to satisfy your need.
A word from Incontro
The word Incontro means encounter, signifying the coming together of the cuisine from the mountains of north of Italy, to the beautiful hills of Tuscany and the southern Italian regions on the Adriatic Sea. Our menu is uncomplicated, but there is always a new encounter with special items that change weekly. Our bread, dessert and pasta are made by hand on the premises daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Incontro - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Incontro reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (62)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (35)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (31)romantic (29)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Looking forward to the buffetF1fanVIPDined on 11/23/2014This time had the french toast combo and the crepes. Both dishes were excellent and filling, no need for dessert. And at about $10-$12, still a bargain. They're starting a brunch buffet in December (2014), looking forward to trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch BargainF1fanVIPDined on 11/16/2014While a normal brunch meal in Danville generally runs at least $10-$20 per person at any number of varying types and qualities of restaurants, Incontro actually offers a couple for under $10 and several other breakfast types meals for up to $12. If one were walking by the restaurant looking for a nice inexpensive weekend breakfast, Incontro would look like a much higher dollar place. We had two breakfast entrees, coffees and shared a dessert for the same cost of most places, but without a dessert. Best of all, the food was very good and the panna cotta dessert was exceptional. Fine dining at its cheapest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodIncontroDined on 11/14/2014Food was fantistic, great menu, great service. personal touch by Mgt and owner visit to tableSpecial Features:
- Incontro was "Just right!"RickDined on 11/14/20144 of us ate at Incontro before walking across the street to the Village Theatre to watch "Arsenic and Old Lace". It was perfect. Courtious, friendly, enthusiastic staff...Antonio the manager right there on the job. The owner is a local guy whom I have met before at town events and he came by to check on us also. I love Veal Parmagiana and it is not on the menu but they make if for me anyway. A little pricy but outstanding plate! Some had the pizza and its nothing to write home about but OK. House wine was outstanding. I love the decor and warm, quiet atmosphere inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodEastbaydinerdudeDined on 11/4/2014I'm continually impressed with the food here. They brought out mozzarella and prosciutto on a cutting board with crostini and did table side service...for an appetizer! The staff is really friendly, there is love music on Sat nights outdoors. Its overall a great place to go. I love eating here. Antonio was my waiter, he is from Italy, which made this place even cooler. Overall I highly recommend this place...get the Gamberoni- it's to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicetime2dineDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter was extremely professional and courteous. Recommended excellent wine and food choices and made sure we were taken care of throughout the evening. I would highly recommend for the ambiance, the service and the food.Special Features:
- Not just another Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/19/2014I was hesitant to go here because there are so many "Italian" restaurants. However, Incontro really stands out. Everything was absolutely perfect. The polenta with mushroom appetizer was excellent and I highly recommend. Service, ambiance, food all great!Special Features:
- Hidden GemInItalyDined on 10/18/2014I can't say enough about Incontro. Great food and customer service.Special Features:
- Fine Foodz992Dined on 10/17/2014This was our second visit to Incontro this month. My wife loves the egg plant and I love the lasagna. We sat outside near the entertainment. They had the outside heater going which was much appreciated and they allowed us to bring our small dog who sat under the table. Entertainment music and vocals was smooth and very nice. The food was hot and tasty. Service was very nice and we were checked on frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aur diner was wonderfulDosantosDined on 10/16/2014The foof is excellent we carefully selected this restaurant to celebrate aur 18 yr Aniversary great italian place amazing food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdamDined on 10/16/2014The moment I was seated the server came over and was so friendly and knowledge about wine and food. The cocktails are amazing! I loved picante martini is by far one of the best drinks I've had in a long time. Antonio the general manager is very attentive and friendly. I had the capesante al tartufo and it was Devine. I would recommend this place to my friends and family. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night dinner/ girls night out!5stArsDined on 10/15/2014This was my second time dining at Incontro and both times I was overly impressed. It's a great place to go out for a romantic date night or a place to have a girls night out. First off the service was incredible I had both Roxy and Andrea as my waitress's and they both mad dining there enjoyable. Second the food was great! Real authentic Italian food nothing like the fake American/ Italian food that you get now a days but actual real Italian food. The second time we sat at there new outdoor bar and had the giants game on there big screen tv and the bar tenders Chelsea and Karina were very sweet and outgoing. Both times I just allowed the girls to make me their favorite drinks. I look forward to coming again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!FoodFanDined on 10/15/2014Love this place. Awesome food and staff! Great outside bar to watch games and super yummy cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner date successpaintnfoodDined on 10/15/2014Well I must say, I really wasn't in the mood for italian food, but I am glad I had given this place a try. Everything from beginning to the end was amazing. Our server was on point with everything especially with my special requests. I had tried the Scallops and they were cooked perfectly which isn't always easy to find for me and my date had the mostaciolli(which I will order next time) and really enjoyed the tomato cream sauce and sausage together. Our dinner's we enjoyed with two glasses of Pinot Noir and followed by some dessert. They're Pannetone-similar to a bread pudding- a must have. Dinner date was a success-so thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteInItalyDined on 10/15/2014Everytime I come to Incontro, I try one of their specials. I really enjoy the ambiance and wonderful service. Everything I have eaten at Incontro has been delicious.Special Features:
- Will never go backJustmeDined on 10/10/2014My food was sent back because it was cold. Brought out a new dish, was warm to cold at the bottom. Ceaser salad was very small for $12. Food quality was just ok. Overpriced for what you get. Resturant itself was nice, but that's it. I won't eat there again.
- Service was the worstunhappydinerDined on 10/9/2014We were ignored on the patio. Didn't get drink order taken until after 10 minutes of waiting. Then wanted to take dinner order at same time. Lasagna was dry. Gnocci was light and fluffy.
- will not go back again!!!!!!!KurumiVIPDined on 10/4/2014We got seated quickly. However, we waited about 15 minutes to order, after that another 15-20 minutes to get our water and bread. After finish our meal, we paid with $100 Incontro gift card and one visa gift card. Our bill for 4 is about $130. Since we are not familiar with how the visa gift card works, my friend signed the $30 plus tips for the receipt and return the receipt and gift card to one of the waiters. We explained to him that we are not sure how does that work, and he took both receipt and visa card. We waited for another 20 minutes, no one came back with our visa card. Finally we saw the person took our visa card and asked him what's going on with our card. HE TOOK THE VISA CARD OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET!!!! WHAT IS THAT?
- FuryFoodDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent as was service. A bit noisy when crowded indoors but most restaurants are anymore! Owners are friendly and make sure your visit to their establishment was positive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Beautiful evening to sit out on the front patio. Service was friendly and professional. Food was delicious and the music was SUPERB! I'll be back for sure.
- Wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Our dinner was wonderful... Delicious dinner, attentive service, nice live guitar....could not have been better! Everyone made our birthday celebration memorable.Special Features:
- Not Quite FareSMT16Dined on 9/17/2014Dinner for Three. For openers, my wife and daughter ordered a Ceasar salad to share. Instead of the Ceasar, each received a Barbabietole Tre Colori, which they seemed to enjoy. I ordered the Prosciutto e Mozzarella. The Prosciutto was fine, but the Mozzarella was almost without flavor, and therefore disappointing. For an entree, I ordered a Frutti de Mare of Orzo. The shrimp and mussels were so over-cooked, the dish was barely edible. My wife, who has difficulty being critical of anyone's efforts, ordered the Lasagne, and adjudged it "Just okay." My daughter ordered the Pappardelle Al Pesto, a simple dish. which she also seemed to enjoy. Overall, a disappointing outing.
- Lovely Patio-Delectable DishesTheStarLadyVIPDined on 9/14/2014From the lively greeting from hostess, Roxanne, to the stellar service by Jose, our dinner for six seated on the outside patio under the sparkling lights was delightful. Salads were substantial split between two persons. We especially enjoyed the three beet salad with goat cheese. With the exception of the shrimp entrée, everyone raved about the food. The scampi with mangoes was the #1 standout, beautiful to see and delicious with tasteful nuances. For dessert, Jose brought us two complimentary desserts with candles to celebrate wedding anniversaries¬a panne cotta and tiramisu. Excellent choice of restaurant for conversation, celebration, ambiance, and food.Special Features:
- outstanding food!kckarynDined on 9/13/2014This is the third time I have been to Incontro because the first two times I was so impressed. I went with girlfriends the first and second time and then decided to bring my picky husband to see what he thought. The food did not disappoint. We both started with the tri color beet salad that is to die for. It is so delicious with its citrus dressing and avocadoes added in it along with the different colored beets. mouth watering! I usually get the lasagna which is very cozy, cheezy and good, but this time opted for the eggplant parmesan---wonderful dish, could not have been happier. The little bit of pesto they add to this dish topped it off! For dessert we ordered the panacotta which i had on previous occasions and it was simply divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incontro RestaurantBFMMDDined on 9/12/2014Good food and service provided by a polite and attentive staff. Would recommend for a Danville dining experience.Special Features:
- To be enjoyedluv2beaguestDined on 9/6/2014The four of us had a delightful evening from our being greeted through our entire meal. Every dish was tasty from the lasagne to the filet of sole. The outside bar area and big screen tv is a nice addition. Sitting outside in Danville is always a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere with good foodFamilyFoodieDined on 9/5/2014While I don't think I can technically call my kids "Foodies", they may be closer to that title than most. When we want to go out for dinner in the Danville area, this is on the top of the list.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentBob1VIPDined on 8/24/2014Quality priced menu with great friendly service. Outdoor seating is nice and the interior of the space is welldesigned and modernized. Pet friendly outside.Special Features:
- ShastaDined on 8/23/2014service was good, friendly enviroment, music and bar nice but food needs to be upscaledSpecial Features:
- Always enjoyTmgardnerDined on 8/15/2014Always enjoy a good meal here and really enjoy sitting outside on a summer eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014Went to Incontro with visiting friends for a Friday lunch. The food and service were excellent. We were so impressed that not only was the server familiar with gluten free, but made excellent recommendations in that regard. The soup that day was a special corn and leek with vegetable stock (exceellent), and with house made gluten free pasta, one of us was able to get their 'trio' of soup, salad and pasta (while the GF option was noted on the dinner menu, it was not on the lunch menu - we wouldn't have known but for the server). Baked eggplant was also VERY good...Special Features:
- Great FunSusanDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant has a friendly, hard-working, and accommodating wait staff, really good food, a well chosen wine list, and a charming and lively atmosphere on Hot August Nights. It has become one of my go-to places for special guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radically different than last visitlge01Dined on 8/10/2014The first time we went to Incontro it was excellent and I couldn't wait to go back. This past Sunday, it was mediocre at best. We sat outside and waited quite a while till anyone showed up. We then had to ask for everything - balsamic vinegar, cheese, etc. There was no salt or pepper on the table no ground pepper was ever offered. I didn't feel like asking for that too. I was very much looking forward to their gnocchi, they were mushy and all you could taste was heavy cheese, no herbs, nothing. The plate even looked bland...not even a sprig of parsley. Probably won't go back for quite a while if ever as there are too many other places in Danville to have dinner.
- Special occasion delightkpmeemersVIPDined on 8/10/2014We carefully selected this restaurant as the site to celebrate our 40 yr anniversary. We went purely by recommendation of friends. We were not disappointed. My husband had the chicken liver/pea pasta special and I had the veal picatta over mashed potatoes and spinach. We ate every bite of our ample portions. When I made the rez I mentioned we were celebrating a milestone anniversary and we were pleased to receive a complimentary dessert w/o any prompting. We took our own wine. There is a $18 corkage fee but it was a special wine and better value than their wine choices. Service was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDavidVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great Italian place run by real Italians. Amazing service and food. Can be very loud in some areas of the restuarant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbyVIPDined on 8/8/2014we loved the food and the outdoor setting They were busy and the service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Bring kids = Sit in backMJ75VIPDined on 8/8/2014I would like to start by saying that the food was quite tasty and satisfying and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Thank you! BUT...do not bring children if you would like to sit in the front part of the restaurant or outside. We made a reservation quite early in the day and thought this might resolve the issue. No. Just as with all other times we have eaten here, as soon as they see you have a child they will seat you in the very back of the restaurant. This is very limiting and disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 547 reviews are from the Incontro reviews archive.
- DELICIOSOLoves2EatDined on 7/26/2014Great service, delicious food, and perfect setting. Will def be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Ambiance would have been 5 if not for inside ....outside seating is the way to go. The food is amazing. I have tried something new each time and never been disappointed. The service is what keeps me coming back. Everyone is good but Antonino is the best!! Come to enjoy and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danville "Neighborhood Gem!"LAURVIPDined on 7/11/2014We just love dining at Incontro! Most nights we are greeted by one of the owners and many times, late night, they are dining as well! Great food, great ambiance, live music on the patio... It's like dining with old friends every time we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.