455 Hartz Ave.
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.incontrodanville.com/
- Phone: 9258202349x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday & Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 4:30pm-6:00p.m.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ismael Rivera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Flat screen tv at the bar. Live music on the patio during warmer months or upon request for private party.
- Special Events: We have a private room which accommodates 24 seating. Please call for details. We are happy to work with you to satisfy your need.
A word from Incontro
The word Incontro means encounter, signifying the coming together of the cuisine from the mountains of north of Italy, to the beautiful hills of Tuscany and the southern Italian regions on the Adriatic Sea. Our menu is uncomplicated, but there is always a new encounter with special items that change weekly. Our bread, dessert and pasta are made by hand on the premises daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Incontro - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Incontro reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (28)romantic (27)great for lunch (16)good for groups (16)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Consistently excellentBob1VIPDined on 8/24/2014Quality priced menu with great friendly service. Outdoor seating is nice and the interior of the space is welldesigned and modernized. Pet friendly outside.Special Features:
- ShastaDined on 8/23/2014service was good, friendly enviroment, music and bar nice but food needs to be upscaledSpecial Features:
- Always enjoyTmgardnerDined on 8/15/2014Always enjoy a good meal here and really enjoy sitting outside on a summer eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014Went to Incontro with visiting friends for a Friday lunch. The food and service were excellent. We were so impressed that not only was the server familiar with gluten free, but made excellent recommendations in that regard. The soup that day was a special corn and leek with vegetable stock (exceellent), and with house made gluten free pasta, one of us was able to get their 'trio' of soup, salad and pasta (while the GF option was noted on the dinner menu, it was not on the lunch menu - we wouldn't have known but for the server). Baked eggplant was also VERY good...Special Features:
- Great FunSusanDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant has a friendly, hard-working, and accommodating wait staff, really good food, a well chosen wine list, and a charming and lively atmosphere on Hot August Nights. It has become one of my go-to places for special guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radically different than last visitlge01Dined on 8/10/2014The first time we went to Incontro it was excellent and I couldn't wait to go back. This past Sunday, it was mediocre at best. We sat outside and waited quite a while till anyone showed up. We then had to ask for everything - balsamic vinegar, cheese, etc. There was no salt or pepper on the table no ground pepper was ever offered. I didn't feel like asking for that too. I was very much looking forward to their gnocchi, they were mushy and all you could taste was heavy cheese, no herbs, nothing. The plate even looked bland...not even a sprig of parsley. Probably won't go back for quite a while if ever as there are too many other places in Danville to have dinner.
- Special occasion delightkpmeemersDined on 8/10/2014We carefully selected this restaurant as the site to celebrate our 40 yr anniversary. We went purely by recommendation of friends. We were not disappointed. My husband had the chicken liver/pea pasta special and I had the veal picatta over mashed potatoes and spinach. We ate every bite of our ample portions. When I made the rez I mentioned we were celebrating a milestone anniversary and we were pleased to receive a complimentary dessert w/o any prompting. We took our own wine. There is a $18 corkage fee but it was a special wine and better value than their wine choices. Service was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDavidVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great Italian place run by real Italians. Amazing service and food. Can be very loud in some areas of the restuarant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbyVIPDined on 8/8/2014we loved the food and the outdoor setting They were busy and the service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Bring kids = Sit in backMJ75VIPDined on 8/8/2014I would like to start by saying that the food was quite tasty and satisfying and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Thank you! BUT...do not bring children if you would like to sit in the front part of the restaurant or outside. We made a reservation quite early in the day and thought this might resolve the issue. No. Just as with all other times we have eaten here, as soon as they see you have a child they will seat you in the very back of the restaurant. This is very limiting and disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOSOLoves2EatDined on 7/26/2014Great service, delicious food, and perfect setting. Will def be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Ambiance would have been 5 if not for inside ....outside seating is the way to go. The food is amazing. I have tried something new each time and never been disappointed. The service is what keeps me coming back. Everyone is good but Antonino is the best!! Come to enjoy and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danville "Neighborhood Gem!"LAURDined on 7/11/2014We just love dining at Incontro! Most nights we are greeted by one of the owners and many times, late night, they are dining as well! Great food, great ambiance, live music on the patio... It's like dining with old friends every time we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Stratline6Dined on 7/10/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday. Sat on the porch... Street faire going on... Felt like I was on vacation. Gnocchi was amazing. My 14 year old ordered pizza, 11 year old got the kids pasta bolognese. The kid portion was AMPLE. Nice. My wife got the Pesto Pappardelle. We traded bites. Both were great (mline was better). The only improvements: wine glasses could use a few more ounces on the pour and it is a bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with patio diningOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/10/2014Been here a few time and every time it's great. The patio seating is awesome. I love the lasagna and gnocchi, the best around hands downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2014My dinner was average; service was adequate; menu was pricey. It was an OK experience but it does not leave me with a feeling I would like to return. There are many other nicer restaurants in Danville with tastier food for the same price.Special Features:
- Won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/28/2014Beautiful setting but everything else needs work. Glass of red wine ordered was almost hot. Gnocchi and veal scallopini very bland plus poor presentation. Service marginal.
- Fantastic --Becoming a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was excellent! We've been to this restaurant several times in the past and Incontro is getting better each time. We had the chicken breast (lightly breaded ) with the arugala salad entree...Wow! What a fabulous combo for an entree. We didn't have to order a salad separately. Unique smart move for the restaurants in this area. The only recommendation we would make is that it would have been nicer to sit at a round table instead of a rectangular table with 6 people in our party. It's always more difficult to speak to each other in this arrangement. Overall A Plus!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Our Server Jerry is simply the best! We have followed him in several restaurants and his is very knowledgeable of the menu and the wine list.. He anticipates your needs before you know you have the need. Jerry is the reason you go to a restaurant and Incontro is without exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Great food. Extremely slow service. It was 20 minutes before we were able to flag down a waiter (who was not our waiter) in order to take our drink order.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014It was our first time there and we are very pleased with the food, the service and the environment. The dishes we ordered were delicious and everyone enjoyed their food and drinks. We will be back.Special Features:
- Truly Italiano!IndiefoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was my first time at Incontro and I was very impressed. I would say its equivalent to Prima and the other default Italian places I go to in the Creek. Having an Italian manager (Antonio) is always a good sign for picky diners like me and the server was youthful but knowledgeable. The pasta courses were outstanding, as were all of the secondi. The drinks aren't cheap so be cognizant of what you down on a warm night! The outdoor dining al fresco was especially wonderful. Everyone at our table of 5 gave it 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014Had a great time with friends at Incontro. Great atmosphere, very good food and service. We never felt rushed - server was very attentive and understanding.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceSturgDined on 6/3/2014The food is superb and second to none. The service was excellent and very pleasant. Atmosphere is a fine dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014We went for a 1.45pm reservation. They had only the branch menu available, with the kitchen "not prep yet" for lunch food. I would have had something different than eggs Benedict but they just shrugged their shoulders. It felt like a mistake to be there. The waitress behaved like she was auditioning for some role in Hollywood. Disappointing is the mildest one I can give!Special Features:
- Pleasant FindOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/29/2014Usually dine in Walnut Creek but we were visiting downtown Danville and the found the patio very inviting. We were pleased to find a very good menu as well. Service was good and the food did not disappoint. Would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- ExquisiteMF57775Dined on 5/25/2014How gratifying to be welcomed to this fine dining spot in Danville! We were seated immediately and service was top notch from start to finish. We let our hosts choose the wine-- and it was a wonderful compliment to our meal. We enjoyed a house salad first. Then my wife chose lobster stuffed ravioli and I, the snapper special, which was accompanied by mussels. An especially pleasing dinner, followed by gelato and creme brulee. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- incontroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/16/2014Overpriced. Risotto way too salty. Hostess was loud and kept telling stories to her co workers about customers she thought were rude. She was very unprofessional.
- Wish I Had Liked it Morejvmartin0707VIPDined on 5/11/2014Incontro has such a great location! Nice outdoor seating with a brand new bar area. And, while I may come back for a glass of wine by the fire pit, I'm not sure the food will be one of the great reasons I return. The prices are a little high for what you're really getting. I had a mixed green salad with blue cheese, slightly glazed walnuts with a berry vinaigrette. For $11, I would have expected a bit more creativity. Maybe a few fresh berries? Do something different w/the cheese? There just wasn't anything spectacular about it. I also had the lobster raviolis and, while the sauce was excellent, the raviolis were watery and had a strange consistency. All in all, I think the restaurant has a lot going for it. But, they need to step it up.Special Features:
- Mother's Day dinnerdutchessDined on 5/11/2014My daughter and I had mother's day dinner at your restaurant. I had looked up the menu on line to make sure there were items on it we liked. Though the food was excellent we were both disappointed that our favorites were not available that evening (the veal scaloppini for me). It would be nice when making reservations for a special day that you print the menu for that evening. It wasn't indicated anywhere that a special, shortened, mother's day menu would be served.
- Danville diningSpecialnightDined on 5/10/2014Super delicious ordered the gnocchi, lobster ravioli, and veal piccata. Espresso creme brûlée all were excellent! Robert the waiter was perfectly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 526 reviews are from the Incontro reviews archive.
- Great Italian FoodmangiarebeneDined on 5/4/2014Great place to take your first date. The service was top notch. They went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and warm. Our food was absolutely great. I will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Not impressed this timeNicoLiscioudVIPDined on 5/4/2014This time I went for brunch. My uncle had a promotional voucher that was expiring. Since his wife is ill, he gave it to me. My son and I went and while we were immediately greeted pleasantly them seated, we sat without acknowledgement or water for 20 minutes. It wasn't crowded. I è eaten there when it's crowded and had more prompt service. It disappointed me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Really it was 12:30 and it was maybe three quarters full of customers, more outdoors. Nice atmosphere, quality of food and good menu variety.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseGavinVIPDined on 5/4/2014I normally have moderate expectations for any restaurant but was happily surprised with this find. The hostess tame my 5 and 3 yr olds with crayons which any parent can appreciate. The prosciutto mozzarella, smoked salmon eggs Benedict, steak salad was great and reasonably priced. My kids pasta marinara was flavorful and kept them quiet. I'm definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood restaurantyukyVIPDined on 5/3/2014Food was ok at best. Outdoor seating area is very nice and our server was not very good. Drinks arrived after appetizers were brought and eaten.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceCindrichDined on 5/3/2014Went for a birthday lunch with a friend. Service and food were great! Highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffMehungryDined on 5/3/2014Food, service, ambiance are all very good. It's also nice that they accept reservations. It's a very nice place to go for outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencesunnygirlDined on 4/27/2014Bought the experience through Travelzoo, the lunch was delicious, the waitstaff - Rob was great. Would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchJagBobCatDined on 4/26/2014we loved the outdoor, pet friendly patio. Food was excellent and very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.