30 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.incognitobistro.com/
- Phone: (212) 414-1231
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11.30am - 10.30pm, Saturday 4pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Scottish, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo Montana
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whatever your catering needs are, Paolo will work his magic and make your event memorable.
- Entertainment: We always have music playing and for certain occasions a band or DJ.
- Special Events: Burns Night 25th Jan, Valentines Day, Tartan day Parade, Christmas Eve and many more go to www.incognitobistro.com and follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Incognito-bistro/189092124447125?fref=ts
- Cross Street: 5th + 6th Ave
- Public Transit: Public Transit: A-C-E 14st stop, 1 train 18st stop, F train 14st stop, 4-5-6 train Union Square Stop, N-R-W-Q Union Square Stop , Bus 1-2-3-4 14st stop
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking lot 2 doors down or park for in the street free after 6pm
A word from Incognito Bistro
Paolo Montana brings modern Italian cuisine to NYC. Incognito offers an oasis of elegant dining. With a well balanced menu and wine list, from local meats and fish to thin crust pizza and freshly made pastas. For Lunch there is a Prix Fixe menu. Open all day, lunch can be enjoyed till 4:00pm. The Main Menu, available all day, has many delicious options from traditional dishes such as lasagna and meatballs to our mussels, beef carpaccio and grilled calamari. Keep it light or go for the rich melanzane with smoked mozzarella or fillet mignon with black peppercorn sauce. Whether you are having the Dover Sole filleted at the table or a glass of wine and a nibble at the bar, there is something for everyone, from the rushed crowds of NYC to the dedicated foodie. The concept, to create fresh homemade dishes using the best, simplest, local ingredient. Mixing old world glamour with a modern twist, incognito is great for both everyday dining and special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Incognito Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (13)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (9)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Quiet with good foodLocaleaterDined on 11/11/2014The back room affords a quiet spot away from the bar to enjoy conversation and the food. Service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seemed promisingAR2013VIPDined on 11/5/2014I had walked by here a number of times and decided to check it out. Awkward set-up to have the check-in station halfway into the restaurant. No one greeted me, so I made my way to the bar to wait for my friend. I was one of three people at the bar, but it took 2 bartenders about 3 minutes to ask me if I'd like a drink. Meanwhile, one of the bartenders proceeded to have a phone call at the bar and was literally yelling at someone on the phone. This went on for several minutes. On the food, the veggie plate was entirely over-cooked - soggy asparagus and piles of mushy stuff with little care as to presentation. The main pastas we both had were overcooked. Bolognese was bland. Maybe it was an off-night - being Wednesday and all.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful food and kind, attentive, efficient service. Have already recommended to friends. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Chelsea findBrianDined on 10/22/2014Had a great meal at Incognito with an excellent bottle of Pinot Grigio. Mussels appetizer was very tasty. Friend had trout main course which he said was excellent and my salmon was fine, with a nice cream sauce. For dessert we split the Italian doughnuts which are like zeppoles with side dishes of whipped cream, chocolate and a berry compote. Yum ! And a quiet, unhurried atmosphere added to the occasion. The maitresse d' was especially friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked it a lotBillVIPDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant is spacious, tastefully decorated, nicely lit with unobtrusive background music and well-spaced tables. The food was very well presented and tasty. We plan to come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and deliciousharrypalmerDined on 10/9/2014Food was delicious, service was friendly but not intrusive, and impeccable. Ambiance open and airy, noise level low enough to have easy conversation. Will be eating here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great food, outstanding service and a nice quiet atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Good food/ loud barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Food was good but because of the loud bar scene it was difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timemarimarDined on 9/6/2014This is my second time here and thanks to the service, food and the place we will go again and again. The owner/chef is a gem. The service is relaxed and perfect.Special Features:
- Incognito A Must While in NYCPeachesDined on 8/29/2014I visit NY two to three times a year and I take friends and family for dinner each visit. The menu is extensive and the specials are outstanding. The dining room is spacious, very comfortable with waiters there to meet your every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastico !!!DeannaHeberDined on 8/12/2014Incognito Bistro is Simply Amazing !!!! Lovely Place !!! Delicious Food !!! The Best of the Best !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingEPR1946VIPDined on 8/9/2014Had heard rave reviews on this place and some of our food was fabulous but overall a major disappointment. It may have just been bad luck but, it was a disaster. We loved the environment and our waitress was very friendly. We ordered wine and our appetizers in a normal amount of time. After about 45 mins the manager came over and said there had been an accident in the kitchen and our food had been delayed. From this point on our waitress was Missing in action. People on both sides of us had received their appetizers and dinners. After an out 90 mins we got our appetizers which were great especially the two pasta dishes. Incredible. Entrees arrive 30 mins later. Entrees were a mixed bag. One over cooked/burned, one raw, one 50% fat.Special Features:
- The following 144 reviews are from the Incognito Bistro reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014I always have a great experience here. Service and food are excellent.
- Wonderful!OtisMDined on 6/19/2014We were a table of 10 celebrating my mother-in-law's 70th birthday - we had a very nice table in the center. What was amazing though was the service and the staff. We unfortunately had 3 small kids with us who were all running around and generally making a lot of noise. Although I was embarassed, not once did any of the staff make us feel unwelcome and we were all very grateful especially since it was a big birthday celebration. The food was excellent (especially the seafood pasta I had) and everyone said that they would definitely be back again. In fact, I'll be going back again in a few weeks with some girlfriends! THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/16/2014Was on a trip to NYC from Los Angeles... By chance this lovely Bistro is located next to the performing arts program that my daughter is studying at. After picking her up we decided to try this restaurant... WHAT A FIND... We were greeted by the Chef/Owner--we asked him to make some things not on the menu without any hesitation he did. He introduced us to his wife, a very lovely lady as well. My daughter is in NYC alone, they invited her to come in anytime, even if she just needs a place to hang. I highly recommend this restaurant to all who are looking for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haggis Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014Our first (but not our last!) visit to INCOGNITO is memorably happy! Gracious welcome, casually elegant & comfortable ambiance, impeccable service with great attention to detail...and FOOD (Jalepena & Lime Martini Wow, Haggis spectacular, Peach/Watermelon/Feta salad interestingly and delicately delicious, Dover Sole divine) ~ we look forward to our next grand experience!Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/11/2014This place is just consistently great. The food is excellent, the service is attentive without being intrusive and the space is gracious and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchCB12Dined on 5/21/2014If you want a quiet place for a social or business lunch, this is a great place. Excellent value pre fixe lunch menu. Loved the salmon salad. Nice calamari appetizer too. And my friend enjoyed the pizza and veggie appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & ServiceBigcatVIPDined on 5/6/2014Have had lunch here a few times now - the food is consistently good and the service is attentive. Pizzas and pastas are my go to here and all I've had are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner NightMindyDined on 4/25/2014By all the reviews I had read, I figured this was just a simple, but good go-to neighborhood restaurant. However, it was way more than that. The food was awesome, we had the meatball appetizer and they were cooked perfectly with a delicious sauce. We shared the Scallops, which I would have preferred if they were grilled, but they came with a delicious sauce and mashed potatoe. We also had the brussel sprouts with pancetta, absolutely awesome. For the price, décor and service.....it is a great find. I would definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great, service less sogxxrDined on 4/9/2014My wife and me have been at this restaurant a few times. The food is great. The ambience also and we like it. We found the waiters friendly, but we were disturbed by them multiple times -- asking whether I'd like to have another drink while the other one wasn't empty yet. Overall, the number of waiters seems amazingly large.Special Features:
- Bring your out of NYC visitors hereMikeVIPDined on 4/5/2014As always a fantastic welcome from Paolo and his team for an all around great night. Incognito is always on our list of places to take friends visiting from out of town and it lived up to its high standards on this occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to eat here with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014Went to eat here with friends before going out on the town. Excellent food. Fast and friendly service. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!SteefDined on 3/29/2014Thanks so much for a lovely dinner last Wednesday. It was our last night in NY and we were very happy that this restaurant was recommended to us by the concierge of the hotel. We had a great time and we will definitely tell everyone about this great restaurant in NY. We felt very welcome and we were really taken care of. Thanks again! Ps. Great pizzas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatHrsecrzyDined on 3/22/2014The location was great and the food and service were outstanding!! Well priced and truly all around a great experience!Special Features:
- Nice localSarabVIPDined on 3/18/2014Friendly owners always welcoming. Nice pasta dishes and fresh salads. Happy to have them in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindGp8793Dined on 3/5/2014In an area which has few restaurants, this was a great find and I would recommend it, I look forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere Great; Service lackingDisappointedDined on 3/4/2014It's a great restaurant for their pre-theatre menu which is only $35 for 3 course meal. Service could have been slightly better. When coffee was bought to the table; they did not bring any sugar. That should have been a given. Beautiful restaurant - unlike some restaurants you don't feel crowded in. Ambience is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCOGNITO NEEDS TO BE DISCOVERED!TwiggyVIPDined on 2/27/2014Many people who work and walk in the area are not aware of this extremely pleasant restaurant that has a large and varied menu. You can have a pretty great hamburger or a full course meal or a plate of appetizers and come away happy. The staff treats you well without being intrusive; they're there when you need them. The tables are spaced far enough apart so that you can hear your companion talk without asking someone to repeat what they just said. Everyone I have brought here for a business lunch says, 'I don't know why I didn't know about this place before.' Perhaps the place has this name for a reason?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just right!luv2dineDined on 2/20/2014Food...ambience...price....all VERY good! Would definitely return...and recommend to friends. Also, the pre-theater menu is an excellent promotion / offering. Perfect for date night or gathering of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Everything was outstanding. Out host Adriana, was fabulous, the staff was very attentive, and the food was amazing. Had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day MassacreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I went to this restaurant because I felt that open table had recommended it with its rating. The food was bad, the perseco with dinner was like strawberry wine, it was overpriced for the quality of the food, the staff was playing around, and the place was decorated horribly for Valentines day. They did make a okay martini of which I had three to keep my sanity.
- Great Italian food with aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/29/2014Great Italian food with a Scottish twist. Very delicious food and gorgeous space. Thoroughly enjoyed lunch and am planning to return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian with a differenceWicklowgirlVIPDined on 1/25/2014Super friendly and excellent food ..needs to work a little on decor and ambiance and noise factorSpecial Features:
- Lets CelebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Incognito is a restaurant that is seemingly concealed from the outside with a plain awning/restaurant entrance but once inside the visitor is greeted with simple chic decor, attentive and energetic staff, and great food. It is a very vibrant place with original drink selections and excellent italian dishes. Great place to celebrate and be celebrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burns NightSamHallDined on 1/25/2014We were recommended by friends to go to this restaurant. We wanted an authentic Scottish experience as my husband is Scottish. The Burns menu was nice but the focus wasn't on Haggis which is what we wanted. We did get a portion but it was very small. Also the over enthusiastic wait staff were ridiculous. I hadn't finished my complimentary scotch shot and they removed it. The tried to take my husbands glass of scotch away twice. They were too keen to clear our table. But the owners were lovely and very sweetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discoveryKittyVIPDined on 1/22/2014Went for dinner with friends and had a wonderful night. The restaurant is pretty and comfortable. The tables are spaced far apart and we were treated like special guests. The chef came out and went over the menu with us. The food arrived without delay and it was terrific. We all ordered different things and tasted each other's dishes. We loved everything. As we left we met the chef/owners wife who was lovely. She was very friendly, gently promoting the restaurant but so sweet at the same time. We would definitely go back and may stop in for their happy hour, which lasts all day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pastas and pizzas andaj454VIPDined on 1/11/2014Great pastas and pizzas and great service! This place should be better known than it is. It is a real find.Special Features:
- a nice spacious and prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/9/2014a nice spacious and pretty environment. delicious food and attentive wait staff. it is never too loud, and I never feel rushed. They ought to keep the kitchen open late on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsKappaxVIPDined on 12/23/2013Have been there several Times for various occasions. Good and drink are great as is the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.