410 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.imperialpdx.com/
- Phone: (503) 228-7222
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Vitaly Paley and Doug Adams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Imperial has two incredible event rooms available for rent. Our Monterosso Room, just off the artfully appointed Lucia lobby, accommodates up to 80 for a seated dinner or 100 for a cocktail reception. The Monterosso features a built-in retractable screen and overhead sound-system, great options for enhancing your special occasion or meeting. The colorful Genoa Room features a one-of-a-kind photography collection and is a terrific choice for more intimate groups of 10-50 people. We offer a wonderful variety of menu options and we provide tables, chairs, linens, dishware and décor, making planning your event a breeze. If you are interested in using any of our event spaces, please contact our events department.
- Private Party Contact: Danika Duren 5032412127x
- Cross Street: Stark
- Public Transit: MAX Light Rail: All Lines(Red,Blue, Green & Yellow) lines stop at Pioneer Square, a 2 block walk from The Imperial.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are a wide variety of Parking options within a few blocks radius of The Imperial.
-Valet Parking is available at $10/car.
-Union Bank of California Garage
707 SW Washington
Portland, Or 97205
(located directly across the street from Imperial)
615 SW Alder St.
Portland, OR 97205
Should you need any assistance with group parking, please inquire.
A word from Imperial
At Imperial, Chef/Owner Paley and Chef de Cuisine Doug Adams will re-imagine and re-present Pacific Northwest culinary pathways. Exemplifying Oregon’s own James Beard's culinary philosophy, Chef/Owner Paley and Chef de Cuisine Doug Adams will explore menu ideas that have historic significance while exploring cooking methods and ingredients from the diverse bounty of our region. The most prominent feature of Imperial's kitchen is an impressive wood fire grill and rotisserie that will incorporate the use of native hard and fruitwoods. Inspired by warm, primitive, burning campfires and the big open spaces of the Pacific Northwest, Imperial will concentrate on natural and uncomplicated preparations, serving the community by celebrating its past and providing a welcoming and generous place to eat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
Imperial - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Imperial reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (124)good for groups (55)hot spot (53)vibrant bar scene (52)special occasion (48)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (27)notable wine list (26)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Excellent first experience at the ImperialSandrajDined on 11/23/2014We were a group of six, had Sunday brunch, seated at the large round table by front window. Everyone agreed that the food and service were excellent. An enjoyable experience, which we will be happy to repeat. All was very well prepared, with obvious attention and care given to make sure each dish was delicious. Looking forward to,a dinner there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it...markemarkVIPDined on 11/22/2014Yum...yum...yum! So many delectable taste treats. We had four amazing apps. Do not miss the grilled cauliflower! Four awesome entrees. Fried chicken was spectacular...made violating chicken out rule worth breaking. Minor notes... Pork dish was short on pork. Huh?!? And the cod filet was smaller than appetizer portion, while served as an entrée. This ain't nigiri...! We loved Imperial though...and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful from start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/21/2014Loved brunch here before and came back for dinner. Started with kale salad and spit fire roasted rabbit. Both were wonderful. Probably the best kale salad I've had. Main dishes of quail and steak exceeded expectations. Finished with a peanut brittle sundae that had a little salty/sweet quality. Love everything from beginning to end. One of the best meals we've had in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NinjaDined on 11/21/2014Hip downtown ambiance, nice decor. Drinks good. Food was mediocre, underwhelming for price. Would come here for date or upscale night out with friends, mostly for scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!KeithDined on 11/19/2014Parking was easy, we were greeted with a smile, our booth was comfortable, the food was fantastic, and our server Autumn was a joy. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchPortlandliciousDined on 11/16/2014I had gone to the Imperial for dinner with a group of 5 and had a fantastic experience. So when a group of friends wanted to meet for brunch I recommended and made reservations to the Imperial. All of us loved the food from the imperial French toast to the eggs Benedict special. Unfortunately, the service didn't match the quality of the food, our cups of coffee were filled and before we could ask for sugar or milk the waitress ha dissapeared at a speed faster of superman, we ended up approaching the bartender for sugar, milk, salt, pepper, water, etc. the place was not packed so maybe we just had bad luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All and all a fun time and excellent meal.DazerDined on 11/14/2014Came to the bar while killing time before heading to another restaurant but we were really enjoying the vibe here (and the really nice bartender) so cancelled my reservation and stayed here. Did not regret it! Our waitress was a bit stiff and impersonal (so hard finding top notch servers in this town!) but the food was really good. The grilled pork alone merits my becoming a repeat customer. Prices were fair, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but noisy!iheartyummyfoodDined on 11/8/2014We really want to enjoy going to Imperial, but it's a challenge. The menu is interesting, the food and service are good, but it's just too darn noisy! It is very difficult to hold a decent conversation with someone. This was the third time we've dined there, but it'd been six months ago we were there last....we were hoping that improvements had been made but, alas, they had not. Not a good place for a romantic dinner or if you want to dine with friends you'd like to converse with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The royal treatment at ImperialPortlandBeerDined on 11/7/2014Hand cut ice cubes, 2014 GABF gold medal IPA from Breakside on tap, one of the most talented bartenders I've ever seen. Fresh raw oysters, modest corkage fee for the vintage wine we brought from Napa. Friendly, professional & attentive service were barely noticeable like ninjas. Best restaurant in PDX.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imperial dinnerAnniek86Dined on 11/7/2014My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate our anniversary. This restaurant was a great choice and a great experience. Our server was extremely knowledgable and helpful in recommendations. I also have food allergies so she was able to cater to that and make recommendations and alter some of the dishes for me. She also had a great wine background and was able to recommend great cocktails and a nice bottle of wine. We would definitely go here again and also highly recommend this restaurant; another cool fact about this place is how the chef is currently on the food network participating in top chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationBuckWDined on 11/5/2014Even though there were only six of us, we were given the glassed in, nice and quiet "private room" that can seat 10. The service started out to be slow because the place was very busy. But it soon picked up and was very attentive throughout our evening. The small plates we shared were all very tasty and some were quite unusual. A fine dining experience with good wines. Note: I'm so glad we had the room because the noise level of the main restaurant would make normal conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Always a winner.blainesunDined on 11/2/2014Another fantastic dinner at Imperial. Drinks and food are outstanding.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014Best Eggs Benedict I have ever had! On top of excellent customer service and a great ambiance, I would highly recommend Imperial to everyone!Special Features:
- Great experiencePortlandfoodfanDined on 10/31/2014Great spot for downtown. Easy to park on a Friday night and overall impression was good. We had a great server who made excellent recommendations and everything we ate was tasty. Started with the meat plate and thought it was a tad bit overpriced for what it was. Otherwise shared fried chicken, duck meatballs, mushrooms and potatoes. Interesting presentation on wood blocks and food was all well prepared, tasty and arrived at the table hot. Sat near the kitchen and view to that area was a little funky. Lighting could use a little work. The restaurant has beautiful fittings but too many lights and some that give that weird blue glow. I'd recommend a spot near the front of the restaurant or in the bar for better ambiance.Special Features:
- Food is terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Fab food at a reasonable price. We highly recommend to our friendsSpecial Features:
- A Delicious, Noisy ExperienceGrendelDined on 10/30/2014Food was great, innovative (but rather pricey) cocktails, very professional staff. Noise was a little intense at times, especially for an early Thursday evening. $32 seemed a bit high for a small salmon filet (especially after a record-breaking local salmon run) but as I mentioned, it was delicious.Special Features:
- Quality downtown restaurant1OregonfoodieDined on 10/28/2014My husband and I had an enjoyable meal at this restaurant. The ingredients in some of the dishes seemed strange when reading the menu, but somehow they all worked. My only complaint about this restaurant was the noise. The restaurant is small, and it's impossible to sit anywhere away from the bar, which was packed and noisy when we arrived, even at 5:00. Of course, the World Series was on, and that probably added to the atmosphere of conviviality. I have no quarrel with a happy bar scene, but it made conversation between my husband and myself difficult.Special Features:
- Great date night spotUnicoffeeDined on 10/27/2014So my daughter of twelve and I are constantly looking for spots where she can try something out-of-the ordinary and I can just enjoy her company. Imperial did a great job of exceeding on both counts. On entering, we were able to grab seats at the chef's counter - an experience I'd recommend as the wood fired magic happening there is inspirational. From our mocktails on into small bites, the service was prompt and friendly. We loved Stan's sausage du Jour and my daughter won the hearts of the crew with her decision to go for the Crispy Fried Pig Tail. I was very pleased to go for their Flat-top burger (epic). We polished off some apple pie to satisfy the sweet tooth and called it a success. We'll be back - no question.Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!John73Dined on 10/26/2014We went back to Imperial to have dinner with two friends of ours; we had been there a couple of months ago, and we loved it, but we were worried because as picky as we are about food, or friends are even pickier. Bottom line: Imperial is now their favorite restaurant! Yes, IT IS THAT GOOD. In a city that has dozens of great restaurants to choose from, Imperial is at the very top of the list. The 4 of us shared 8 plates; not a single one would qualify as merely good, every plate resulted in eyebrows raised in a "you won't believe this one" fashion. This was after we each had a cocktail (not only are Imperial's cocktails unique, they are fantastic as well), and we ended the meal with two incredible deserts. We will be back real soon.Special Features:
- No disappointing hereLaGueraDined on 10/26/2014I was at Hotel Lucia for a quick trip up to visit friends and catch a show, so Imperial was our spot. First, Sunday brunch for 7. I arrived early and was greeted by name and promptly seated. Our party arrived, bit by bit, and the server was quick with cocktails as each showed. Bloody Marys were a smoky treat. The food was wide ranging and fabulous all around(Eggs Bene with pork belly!) Later I met friends before a show and culled a booth for drinks, oysters on the half shell and a plate of smoked and braised elk tongue with succotash, seriously ridiculously tender and flavor-filled. We stopped back to close the bar for a couple beers after the show. The service never wavered; courteous, professional and the right kind of friendly. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great end to a great daycleanplate23Dined on 10/25/2014After enjoying a day in Portland we capped off our evening at Imperial. The setting and ambiance were great. The food was excellent especially the mushrooms with bone marrow. There was one small delay in waiting for a second cocktail but other than that service was excellent. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imperial just keeps on keepin' on"SHEAMUS34Dined on 10/23/2014Delicious food. One of the best dollar to quality ratios of any restaurant in Portland. The grilled items are done to perfection. The vegetables are a treat unto themselves. Dessert was terrific. Cocktails were also exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014Food was great. Server was good without being great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceJRobDined on 10/18/2014Stupendous choices with a great variety of food. One of our appetizers arrived on a plank of a cross-section of a tree. Definitely a Northwest experience, which delighted an out-of-town guest. The plating, in general, was breath-taking. The food was nothing less than stunning, delicious, and divine. As the restaurant filled, ambient noise was noticable, but we were able to continue our conversation. Service was out of this world; our server made every effort to ensure a good flow without intrusion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014Right-size menu, fresh ingredients, innovative preparations and a great ambiance. Occasionally spotty service but the lively scene makes up for it.Special Features:
- Great spot watching cooksDanteVIPDined on 10/10/2014Sat at the bar where you watch the cooks grilling. That's good entertainment. The Rabbit appetizer was very good. The chicken, dry, bland and disappointing. Grilled pear salad was also very nice.
- perfect lunchsmartyjonesDined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful birthday lunch. The salad was wonderful, light and as with all the servings, a perfect size. Not too much, and not too little. Great Pasta, and that delicious Parkerhouse roll along with some Honey cake and ice cream capped off a perfect lunch. Neither of us had been to the restaurant since it had been refurbished and under new ownership of Chef Paley, but we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. A memorable lunch indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Old Oregon VibeSamAdamsVIPDined on 10/7/2014The building used to office the Oregon Cattleman's Assn and Imperial uses an old Oregon vibe to showcase a savory new Oregon approach to food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to shineLovefoodVIPDined on 10/6/2014Second visit with out of town friends. This time we had lunch. Hard to imagine that lunch could be so good. Crab salad sandwiches, watermelon salad. Yum!Food is divine with imaginative flavors artfully combined served by skilled knowledgable wait staff. A great addition to downtown Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!geegeecDined on 10/2/2014The pork dishes were delicious but the highlight of the meal was the warm Texas sheet cake :) The service was outstanding and the atmosphere was very warm and vibrant.Special Features:
- good food, noisy restaurantaaronfldrDined on 9/30/2014the title above says it all so I will add nothing else........................Special Features:
- Spectacular foodDrLungVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had carpaccio, duck meat balls, and lamb mixed grill, and all were first rate. The service was also attentive and prompt without being intrusive. We began indoors, and found that the acoustics made it a bit noisier than we wanted (though not horrible) so we moved outside which was also very pleasant. Overall, a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed!2foodwithloveDined on 9/27/2014We had a reservation for 2 but they were obviously busy this Saturday night. Sat down at the bar to sample a specialty cocktail--wow! Definitely try the Tap Cocktails. White Negroni was tasty and potent! Finally got to our table 1/2 hour after reservation and the waitress not only apologized but comp'd our cocktails. What service! Loved the menu's emphasis on inventive dishes of fresh fish, protein and veggies. We opted for a number of small plates to share: Eggplant, kale salad, meatballs, sausage du jour. All amazing, and topped off with a chilled Rose'. The atmosphere is loud and vibrant--our kind of scene. And the good service only added to the experience. You can eat at the bar too and watch the bartenders work wonders!Special Features:
- My Kind of PlaceBonechillerDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I went up to Portland for a couple of days. We always have dinner at Imperial and then venture to another restaurant for comparison. Portland has many great restaurants but we love Imperial. Next time I think we will spend both nights there. One other note is they are open for breakfast and make their own house cured bacon.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Food and atmosphere was great! Service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!Livingtoeat503Dined on 9/25/2014I love Imperial! Every dish we ordered was unique and delicious! We were there celebrating my birthday and the staff really made me feel special! I would recommend Imperial to anyone because it truly is amazing! One of the best restaurants in Portland by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Each course was distinctive. Wonderful gazpacho soup for a starter. It just kept getting better with PBR/pork - yes, really and Ling cod/sausage. Superb! The service was excellent, attentive, knowledgable and friendly - Mehgan. With the room about 2/3 full the noise level in a corner table near the kitchen was approaching being too loud. The faux logger painting is distracting with his oversized axe but surrounded by stumps with flat chain saw cuts. For food and service in Portlands top 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely breakfasttruffleloverDined on 9/19/2014We arrived at 9:30 and left at noon; had the best pastrami hash ever experienced anywhere. Service was so perfect; coffee always refreshed at just the right moment. I adore this place, and look forward to dinner there soon. I do think it would be super helpful - especially in the evening and for romantic/for special occasions, etc. - if there were restrooms that weren't literally a journey to get to. Your food could literally get cold by the time you make the round trip trek, especially if in heels.Special Features:
- Priced too high for tapasPDXTrishVIPDined on 9/18/2014This was my second time there and my husband's third. The first time was dinner with another couple and the bill was crazy high, but we had a lot of food and drinks and enjoyed the place. This time we went just for a light dinner and drink after work. While nearly all the dishes hit the mark, the price point of each dish is so ridiculous that 2 people going in for a few small plates (and they are all small) and a drink apiece will walk away paying $100 or more with tip. That shouldn't be the case. There are plenty of equally good restaurants in town where you can have a light meal and drink after work and not drop a c note.Special Features:
- Great downtown dinner spotfoodLovahDined on 9/17/2014Fantastic menu with plenty of choices and the food quality sites not disappoint. I brought a group of 6 colleagues and we thoroughly enjoyed the food and experience. The duck meatballs and meat tray are must haves. ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.