410 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.imperialpdx.com/
- Phone: 5032287222x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Vitaly Paley and Doug Adams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Imperial has two incredible event rooms available for rent. Our Monterosso Room, just off the artfully appointed Lucia lobby, accommodates up to 80 for a seated dinner or 100 for a cocktail reception. The Monterosso features a built-in retractable screen and overhead sound-system, great options for enhancing your special occasion or meeting. The colorful Genoa Room features a one-of-a-kind photography collection and is a terrific choice for more intimate groups of 10-50 people. We offer a wonderful variety of menu options and we provide tables, chairs, linens, dishware and décor, making planning your event a breeze. If you are interested in using any of our event spaces, please contact our events department.
- Private Party Contact: Danika Duren 5032412127x
- Cross Street: Stark
- Public Transit: MAX Light Rail: All Lines(Red,Blue, Green & Yellow) lines stop at Pioneer Square, a 2 block walk from The Imperial.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are a wide variety of Parking options within a few blocks radius of The Imperial.
-Valet Parking is available at $10/car.
-Union Bank of California Garage
707 SW Washington
Portland, Or 97205
(located directly across the street from Imperial)
615 SW Alder St.
Portland, OR 97205
Should you need any assistance with group parking, please inquire.
A word from Imperial
At Imperial, Chef/Owner Paley and Chef de Cuisine Doug Adams will re-imagine and re-present Pacific Northwest culinary pathways. Exemplifying Oregon’s own James Beard's culinary philosophy, Chef/Owner Paley and Chef de Cuisine Doug Adams will explore menu ideas that have historic significance while exploring cooking methods and ingredients from the diverse bounty of our region. The most prominent feature of Imperial's kitchen is an impressive wood fire grill and rotisserie that will incorporate the use of native hard and fruitwoods. Inspired by warm, primitive, burning campfires and the big open spaces of the Pacific Northwest, Imperial will concentrate on natural and uncomplicated preparations, serving the community by celebrating its past and providing a welcoming and generous place to eat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
Imperial - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Imperial reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (43)good for groups (42)vibrant bar scene (39)hot spot (35)great for lunch (27)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (22)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Imperial just keeps on keepin' on"SHEAMUS34Dined on 10/23/2014Delicious food. One of the best dollar to quality ratios of any restaurant in Portland. The grilled items are done to perfection. The vegetables are a treat unto themselves. Dessert was terrific. Cocktails were also exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014Food was great. Server was good without being great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceJRobDined on 10/18/2014Stupendous choices with a great variety of food. One of our appetizers arrived on a plank of a cross-section of a tree. Definitely a Northwest experience, which delighted an out-of-town guest. The plating, in general, was breath-taking. The food was nothing less than stunning, delicious, and divine. As the restaurant filled, ambient noise was noticable, but we were able to continue our conversation. Service was out of this world; our server made every effort to ensure a good flow without intrusion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014Right-size menu, fresh ingredients, innovative preparations and a great ambiance. Occasionally spotty service but the lively scene makes up for it.Special Features:
- Great spot watching cooksDanteVIPDined on 10/10/2014Sat at the bar where you watch the cooks grilling. That's good entertainment. The Rabbit appetizer was very good. The chicken, dry, bland and disappointing. Grilled pear salad was also very nice.
- perfect lunchsmartyjonesDined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful birthday lunch. The salad was wonderful, light and as with all the servings, a perfect size. Not too much, and not too little. Great Pasta, and that delicious Parkerhouse roll along with some Honey cake and ice cream capped off a perfect lunch. Neither of us had been to the restaurant since it had been refurbished and under new ownership of Chef Paley, but we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. A memorable lunch indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Old Oregon VibeSamAdamsVIPDined on 10/7/2014The building used to office the Oregon Cattleman's Assn and Imperial uses an old Oregon vibe to showcase a savory new Oregon approach to food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to shineLovefoodVIPDined on 10/6/2014Second visit with out of town friends. This time we had lunch. Hard to imagine that lunch could be so good. Crab salad sandwiches, watermelon salad. Yum!Food is divine with imaginative flavors artfully combined served by skilled knowledgable wait staff. A great addition to downtown Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!geegeecDined on 10/2/2014The pork dishes were delicious but the highlight of the meal was the warm Texas sheet cake :) The service was outstanding and the atmosphere was very warm and vibrant.Special Features:
- good food, noisy restaurantaaronfldrDined on 9/30/2014the title above says it all so I will add nothing else........................Special Features:
- Spectacular foodDrLungVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had carpaccio, duck meat balls, and lamb mixed grill, and all were first rate. The service was also attentive and prompt without being intrusive. We began indoors, and found that the acoustics made it a bit noisier than we wanted (though not horrible) so we moved outside which was also very pleasant. Overall, a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Kind of PlaceBonechillerDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I went up to Portland for a couple of days. We always have dinner at Imperial and then venture to another restaurant for comparison. Portland has many great restaurants but we love Imperial. Next time I think we will spend both nights there. One other note is they are open for breakfast and make their own house cured bacon.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Food and atmosphere was great! Service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!Livingtoeat503Dined on 9/25/2014I love Imperial! Every dish we ordered was unique and delicious! We were there celebrating my birthday and the staff really made me feel special! I would recommend Imperial to anyone because it truly is amazing! One of the best restaurants in Portland by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Each course was distinctive. Wonderful gazpacho soup for a starter. It just kept getting better with PBR/pork - yes, really and Ling cod/sausage. Superb! The service was excellent, attentive, knowledgable and friendly - Mehgan. With the room about 2/3 full the noise level in a corner table near the kitchen was approaching being too loud. The faux logger painting is distracting with his oversized axe but surrounded by stumps with flat chain saw cuts. For food and service in Portlands top 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely breakfasttruffleloverDined on 9/19/2014We arrived at 9:30 and left at noon; had the best pastrami hash ever experienced anywhere. Service was so perfect; coffee always refreshed at just the right moment. I adore this place, and look forward to dinner there soon. I do think it would be super helpful - especially in the evening and for romantic/for special occasions, etc. - if there were restrooms that weren't literally a journey to get to. Your food could literally get cold by the time you make the round trip trek, especially if in heels.Special Features:
- Priced too high for tapasPDXTrishVIPDined on 9/18/2014This was my second time there and my husband's third. The first time was dinner with another couple and the bill was crazy high, but we had a lot of food and drinks and enjoyed the place. This time we went just for a light dinner and drink after work. While nearly all the dishes hit the mark, the price point of each dish is so ridiculous that 2 people going in for a few small plates (and they are all small) and a drink apiece will walk away paying $100 or more with tip. That shouldn't be the case. There are plenty of equally good restaurants in town where you can have a light meal and drink after work and not drop a c note.Special Features:
- Great downtown dinner spotfoodLovahDined on 9/17/2014Fantastic menu with plenty of choices and the food quality sites not disappoint. I brought a group of 6 colleagues and we thoroughly enjoyed the food and experience. The duck meatballs and meat tray are must haves. ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2014Truly enjoyed sitting at the table overlooking Mike on the wood fire grill/oven. Service was spot on and vibrant. Folks here like being here and it comes through in all they do. Garrett too time to introduce himself and share more about how and why they chose the gill while I sipped on a New Money cocktail. If you are in downtown Portland you owe it to your self to stop in.Special Features:
- Wonderful!John73Dined on 9/14/2014We ate at Imperial for the first time last week, and it was excellent in every respect. The cocktails were interesting, subtle and delicious. My "East of Eden" was like nothing I have ever tasted before. Our group of four shared 8 dishes and the range of flavors, the freshness of the ingredients, and the creative recipes had us raving all night. The Ling Cod and the Tuna were especially good. We had been to Eva Gene's a week before, and it's a great restaurant too, but Imperial is better, seriously. It's that good. We topped of the evening with two desserts, and of course, they were delicious. We will go back again soon. Thank you, Imperial!Special Features:
- Expected MorePDXfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Paley's Place is one of our favorite Portland restaurants and because Vitaly Paley is involved with this restaurant I expected more. The food was fine not outstanding. The menu is difficult to follow. According to our waitress some dishes come with sides and others do not, some are small plates while others are entree size - however they are not noted this way on the menu. For example a Meat Plate, listed as a signature dish, is a charcuterie plate with no bread and would be better as an appetizer vs. main dish. A revised menu would help improve the dining experience considerably.Special Features:
- The Paleys are the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Whether at Paley's Place or Imperial, you can be assured of the finest in fare. While Imperial is a bit loud, it is excellent. For a person who never thought he would eat a kale salad, this is my go-to first course.Special Features:
- An excellent experiencerosieVIPDined on 9/8/2014We truly enjoyed our dinner on Monday evening at Imperial. When we arrived, we were treated as though we were expected, shown right to our table and our server was there immediately. She was most helpful in discussing cocktails and menu items. Cocktails were delicious and as described. I loved the grilled romaine salad and padron peppers. My husband, a meat and potatoes man thoroughly enjoyed his flat iron steak and grilled potatoes which was a masterful feat. My braised pork shoulder entree was perfectly prepared outshone only by the heirloom tomatoes and corn relish. Our only regret was that we were too full after dinner for dessert. We thought that the check was most reasonable for the quality of the meal and will return.Special Features:
- Imperial BrunchMelissaBhimaDined on 9/7/2014Brunch for four. Service was a bit slow, even though there were only a few tables being served. Menu had pretty traditional/simple brunch items. Portions were a bit small for the price. Corn cakes and pickled watermelon were delicious. All of our meals were a bit on the salty side, especially the french fries. The pastrami was good for the first half of the plate, but the salt caught up with me, and I couldn't finish it! Enjoyed the hot sauce. The top forty hits from the 90's (pretty loud!), seemed out of character for the ambiance. It took a while for the server to take care of our check and I almost had to get up and go looking for someone to cash us out. I thought it was pretty fine, but probably wouldn't make a special trip to go back.Special Features:
- just okmhvmkDined on 9/6/2014Ala carte for dinner rolls? My pork was cold had to send it back. Mushrooms great, eggplant good, peppers good, scallops good and watermelon salad all good!
- Slow ServiceSamJoeDined on 8/27/20142.5 hours for 3 of us, Wednesday night, two courses. Food OK. Was told duck meatball were "outstanding" but was disappointed.Special Features:
- good food butwould not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Food was good but service was terrible. We went there for our 20th Anniversary and told them that when we made reservations. Didn't expect them to make a big deal of it but hoped for a nice table. The put us in the very back next to the kitchen even though the place was mostly empty. When my husband asked to move they were RUDE, rolled their eyes at us and practically threw the menus on the table!! The waitress was ok but got the drink order wrong and the bartender yelled at her openly. All in all not a pleasant experience on avery special evening!
- Great simple foodPeteKDined on 8/21/2014Very well prepared and simple dishes without too much complexity. Grilled, baked and otherwise simple. Very nice atmposhereSpecial Features:
- lafemmedebeerDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed a fabulous meal -- "A radish walks into a bar..." cocktail with duck meatballs and crispy fried pigtail followed by a lovely filet and wine. Imperial's vibe is lively, the menu is creative and well-executed, and the service is wonderful. Make reservations so you can walk in on a bustling evening and feel like a rock star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ironmikewwDined on 8/16/2014Service was slow, a party of 4 arrived 20 minutes after us and were served dinner 10 minutes ahead. The steak was served semi warm, not hot , it must have been setting on the counter 15 minutes prior to being served. Pasta dishes were over seasoned with too much fennel.
- Better options in PortlandfrequentdinerDined on 8/13/2014Food was fairly good - not outstanding. Service was very poor - inattentive, distracted and when finally offered, condescending. There are far better options in Portland that provide both great food and great service.Special Features:
- Loud Music-Ugh!LucileDined on 8/12/2014Wonderful amazing food and superb service! The loud and pervasive music will keep me from going back: could not hear my dining companion, could not carry on a conversation due to music booming in our ears. Difficult to savor food and time spent when your ears hurt. We found ourselves yelling across the table. Not ok; nerve-wracking.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014I had the best eggs Benedict I've ever had in my life! The service was great. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and unusual foodAZgirlVIPDined on 8/8/2014When we tried Imperial on a recent visit to Portland, we were at first a bit overwhelmed by the unusual menu with many unfamiliar ingredients. Happy to say that we all found something to our liking and felt this was one of the best menus we experienced in the city. Our only complaint was the very high noise level, making it almost impossible to hold a conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014It might have been the noise level that caused the order mishaps. One order of roasted peppers became 2. Prawns never arrived, were inquired about and then appeared. Order of carotts never appeared. We were given a free dessert as a cosulation prize. My 3rd visit and not the best.Special Features:
- Recommended in PortlandLanDDined on 8/6/2014A couple that we met in San Francisco recommended Imperial. Good food friendly staff and a blackberry, peach pie with blackberry, red wine ice cream that was to die for. Not as creative as some other places in town, but worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A recommendation turns to regretlocalmdVIPDined on 8/5/2014Where to start.... This restaurant was recommended to me by an acquaintance on the East Coast. I looked at the menu, and as it was three blocks away from our hotel booked a reservation well in advance. This was our wedding day, and this was our wedding dinner destination. When I made the reservation I included the notes, "recommended by friend, wedding day dinner, romantic table, thank you very much." We were sat in a corner, sandwiched between the kitchen and a group of foul-mouthed jerks. Our service was poor at best, the food mediocre. A manager never came by to check and see how our dining experience was - in fact, I never even saw a manager. Mediocre food, poor service and awful hospitality. I should have used my own judgment.
- All the way from FLAFLA1Dined on 8/2/2014Indifferent service, didn't seem to care or take a personal involvement in the service. Not rude just not impressiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud To BearJoycemadethefoodDined on 8/2/2014Food was fabulous. Noise level was so loud that it destroyed the dining experience, making me unable to enjoy my visit or converse comfortably with my dinner companions. I would return gladly if the noise level came under control. As it is, I'll find somewhere else to savor my food.Special Features:
- DeliciousebbyDined on 8/2/2014The food is simply delicious. It is well prepared. I haven't had a dish I didn't like.Special Features: