2039 Allen Blvd
Middleton, WI 53562Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.imperialgarden.com/
- Phone: 6082386445
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Ken Yan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer catering for business and private parties. Lunches, Appetizer Platters and Dinner Banquets are available. A minimum $50.00 order is required.
- Private Party Facilities: Imperial Garden is famous for hosting business meetings, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and club gatherings. Banquets and cocktail parties are popular in our private rooms seating 20 to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Meyer 8669444154
A word from Imperial Garden
Imperial Garden Chinese Restaurant welcomes you! Regional Chinese specialties are prepared to order with fresh meats, seafood and vegetables. Dine in a cozy booth or enjoy a banquet with friends. Awarded Best of Madison for 29 consecutive years, we take pride in our great food and attentive service. Dietary preferences, such as gluten free or low sodium, are carefully prepared by our chefs on request. A wide variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Imperial Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)Show More
- lp12Dined on 9/12/2014Back dining room is cold and dreary. We asked to be moved to the front dining room which is warm and has a more welcoming, bright decor. Food was great and a very attentive, pleasant server.Special Features:
- Reliably good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Try the flounder! It's fresh, perfectly prepared, and a break from the usual.Special Features:
- AverageTLplus3Dined on 8/23/2014I heard a lot of great things about Imperial Gardens but I was disappointed. I thought the appetizers were good but the main course was below average. The chicken tasted like old bubble gum and the Spicy Chicken wasn't very spicy at all. The server was friendly but obviously was stretched out too thin having to many tables to provide great service.
- Brown Rice Available!drecDined on 8/23/2014Happy brown rice is available on request! Healthier options would be appreciated, like no MSG.
- atmosphere, food , conversationmarcDined on 8/4/2014Reliably delicious food at a reasonable price in a wonderful atmosphere. Busy place, always good. You can have a reasonable conversation with the noise level here.Special Features:
- Great first time experienceTommyDined on 7/1/2014We'd go back in a heartbeat. Excellent menu, food, service and atmosphere. We couldn't have been more pleased.Special Features:
- The bestMADISONIANDined on 6/20/2014In the 30 years we have been going there, Imperial Garden never fails.Special Features:
- food and serviceturtleDined on 6/18/2014Quality of food is excellent!!!!! I have never been disappoited at this facility. Additionally, Karen (the manager) is on top of everything.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Imperial Garden reviews archive.
- Wonderful Experience OverallCMcDDined on 5/20/2014Excellent Server. She was very helpful with our choices. Fun banquet family style program for four people. Excellent food. Best calamari I've ever had. Excellent peppered steak. All the food was wonderful!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014We have enjoyed Imperial Garden many times before and have loved the food. We went for Mother's Day and the service was horrible. I don't know if they weren't properly staffed but our dinner took over two and a half hours. It was a challenge to get drink refills or anything else. I'm sure we'll go back at some point but not anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Service was awful and food was cold and tasteless
- Great place, best food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014One of the best place to eat at a Chinese Restaurant. Food is great.Special Features:
- Great Chinese food in WisconsinTeamRachelDined on 5/2/2014We had a variety if dishes (pork, tofu, sea bass), some spicy and some not. All were flavorful and distinct. I would have liked the option for brown rice, but it was not offered. We would certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momof2Dined on 4/25/2014Our party was seated at the time we reserved, our server was friendly and efficient, and our meals were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tradition!uwbandtraditionDined on 4/25/2014Awesome meal! Friendly staff, great location and very reasonably priced. We eat at your restaurant every year before the UW Band concert. Thanks for doing such a great job and On Wisconsin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brooklinebabushkaVIPDined on 4/18/2014good standard Chinese food. pleasant, not very noisy, comfortable place.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Food was excellent, a table in a nice quiet room, good service. An overall very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentLBEspieDined on 3/11/2014Many visits over the years, always on their game. A solid choice- very professional and always delicious.Special Features:
- great food!diner539586256Dined on 3/6/2014Imperial Garden has really fantastic food, consistently. Service is also superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014A great find we stumbled upon. We will certainly hit this place again when back in Madison. So good we ordered leftovers to take home with us, a 5 hour drive away!.Special Features:
- Love this placeKnitgirlDined on 3/1/2014We love this place. My husband and I took family from Chicago here. They love it. If you do not see something on the menu just ask. I have never been let down. Our server Kathy was wonderful!Special Features:
- A favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014We've been dining at the Imperial Garden on the westside for several years now and it's always a hit! Great food, friendly staff and a wide menu of items to chose from - easy to find some favorites. Love their Governor's Chicken and Hot n Sour soup! And hands down the best grilled dumplings in town!Special Features:
- Good food, reasonably priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014The food and service were good but our request for a booth or table to the side of the restaurant was ignored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backjammon13Dined on 2/8/2014Early arrival for our reservation no problem. Wonderful, well-paced service on a very busy Sat. night.....handled a special request and attended to a slight mix-up in orders before we even realized it had occurred. Had a glass of quite a nice Shiraz from Australia; at $5 a steal. Food was excellent - the Fragrant Pork especially - but my Chicken Cashew, while "okay", was a bit bland and needed more vegetables. Overall, a great dinner at a very reasonable price. As I said, we'll be back.
- Love it here!NancyDined on 2/1/2014Wonderful evening with friends. Excellent food as usual. Waitstaff was very attentive and prompt. Not rushed. Everyone should dine here--we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014We visited Imperial Garden West for Chinese New Year and the place was quite busy. Our meal was especially good and our waiter was prompt, helpful and friendly. They have a wide selection of menu offerings that are sure to please, and the chicken lettuce wraps are always a hit! Definitely recommend. I know we'll be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a family favoriteWIJourneyDined on 12/31/2013We have been going to Imperial Garden in Middleton for nearly 30 and it is our favorite Chinese restaurant. Our most recent visit was on New Year's Eve and although the dining room was very busy the food was very good and service was very attentive. We have dined here in groups as small as two and as large as 12 and they have always been able to take good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New years eveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Party of 7. Was given great service and prompt and tasty food.Special Features:
- We enjoyed ourselvesdontgetoutmuchDined on 12/24/2013We enjoyed ourselves and the overall experience was pretty good but there were a few problems. The room was very cold. It was a frigid night but the restaurant had been open and busy for hours so there was no excuse for the temperature of the room. Also, one of the entrees was just barely lukewarm. Luckily the flavor was very good. Otherwise the food was good standard fare and the atmosphere was pleasant for this type of big restaurant.Special Features:
- A Holiday Tradition:MominsunprairieDined on 12/24/2013A perfect "Christmas Story" experience. Like the movie, it is hard to find a restaurant open on Christmas Eve. The Imperial Garden has served Madison area for decades this special evening. It is often that you bump into friends who are also dinning there the same night. The service is excellent, ambiance fun and food fresh, home made and delicious. There are no jar sauces at the Imperial Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentQuirkleDined on 12/24/2013You always know what you'll get at Imperial Garden! Flavorful, colorful dishes. Friendly, comfortable surroundings. Knowledgable, helpful wait staff. Lots of choices and beautiful decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under staffed.StephVIPDined on 12/23/2013The food was exceptional. Waited a bit for our entrees, not a big deal as we could tell they did not have enough staff serving tables. I would rate the service higher if it didn't take them 20 minutes with my credit card. That was frustrating. Don't be in a hurry. The food is worth some wait time though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imperial GardenJessieDined on 11/16/2013Imperial Garden has been my favorite Chinese restaurant. The food is always consistent and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyKaiannDined on 11/2/2013Excellent place for lunch, dinner both for ordinary and for special occasions. Prices quite reasonable too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service slowambrai101VIPDined on 10/18/2013foods was on par with high end asian resturants. the appitizer combo for 2 is freat and one of the best deals in town for what you get- unfortunatly, service was slow and food slower....Special Features:
- Wonderful & UniqueLBEspieDined on 10/16/2013The food here is consistent, and top quality. The only Chinese restaurant in town that makes food this way. 3 examples are the eggrolls (they make their own wraps home made), the Mu Shu (fresh, crunchy, flavorful veggies with virtually no sauce - an incredible talent), and the Governor's dishes-spicy, but mostly full of flavor unlike any version of Kung Pao around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backKrona64Dined on 10/1/2013What a gem! This was my first visit, made while on the road for business. Delightful ambience, great and professional wait staff, and really nice food. I started with the pan fried pot stickers and followed that with the Black Pepper Beef. Main course was served sizzling style at the tableside. Delicious! I look forward to visiting again during my next trip to Madison.Special Features:
- Chinese Delight!Gone4everDined on 9/21/2013By taking advantage of the Imperial banquet style dinner I introduced five of my relatives to authentic Chinese cuisine. All of them told me they had an excellent time and truly enjoyed the experience. The food was great; and the service was even better. If you like Chinese food this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to be.Searching4thebestVIPDined on 9/16/2013We left disappointed. The mu shu pork was excellent, but that was the only thing we enjoyed. The appetizer combo plate was sad -- the tasteless chicken stuffed dumplings tasted only of the old oil they had been cooked with, the bbq pork slices were dried out, clearly old and shrunken, the calamari was colorless and limp, the eggrolls were crisp but full of only tasteless cabbage. The pork lo mein with veggies had almost no veggies, the fried rice had veggies but was totally bland. Service was inattentive, bringing appetizer and first course together despite our clear request to have them follow one another, and there was no checking back to see how things were or what we needed, with a long wait for the bill.
- Rare Chinese DiningdrecDined on 9/14/2013The Imperial Garden harkens back to the days when dining at a Chinese restaurant was a wonderful experience. White, cloth table linens and full table service set that scene for a lovely dinner. Our waiter was new and a bit slow, but very polite and accommodating. The food was good with lots of choices. My folks had soup, not quite hot (temperature) enough. The portions were just right, not overwhelming. Overall quality was good. We will definitely return. Thinking of dining here on Christmas Eve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.