Imlee. An Indian Bistro
Pinecrest Town Center. 12663 South Dixie Highway
Pinecrest, FL 33156Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Imlee. An Indian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.imleeindianbistro.com/
- Phone: 7862932223
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: South Indian, Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering for a variety of private functions that are customized for our guests from 25 through 800 people. Our past venues include weddings at Vizcaya and the Deering Estate.
- Private Party Facilities: We could use our restaurant for your next private party.
- Private Party Contact: Paresh or Manoj 3055287099x786
- Special Events: We could use our restaurant for your next special event.
A word from Imlee. An Indian Bistro
Welcome to Imlee (“Tamarind” in Hindi). We offer a large variety of authentic, mainly North-Indian cuisine and have been serving a taste of India in the heart of our Pinecrest neighborhood since 2003. Our food's consistently rated excellent on the Zagat survey and listed as one of the top Indian restaurants in Florida. Our menu includes a lot of vegetarian options as well as a wide variety of chicken, lamb and seafood dishes. We offer an extensive wine and beer list that's available for online viewing as well. We look forward to tantalizing your palates and guarantee that you'll be back to try something new on our menu! Thank you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Imlee. An Indian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (6)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- As expected, Imlee is great!JimKeyLargoDined on 6/15/2014We are always pleased when we dine out at Imlee. The service, and the quality of the food, makes a trip to Imlee a pleasant event. We live an hour away, in Key Largo, but it's worth the trek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Food and AuracaribdeeDined on 6/12/2014Imlee was definitely a hidden gem in an area I thought I had previously explored the length of. The authenticity of the food and the atmosphere created just the right mood for a special night.Special Features:
- Definitely going back!NospaceforliesDined on 6/11/2014Absolutely loved the place! Lucked out on going on a non busy night. Waiter was very good and very helpful when it came to choosing our food! The naan is out of this world! Perfect first date. Definitely going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Elegant ExpirenceCityboi305Dined on 6/11/2014Food, Environment and Setting Was Very Nice! The scenery and the hostess were very polite and made me feel like I was suppose to be there. I enjoyed the food and the wine also. The sounds and setting we're very peaceful will definitely try to make another trip to imlee next time I will bring a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 307 reviews are from the Imlee. An Indian Bistro reviews archive.
- Good Indian CuisineJEastCobbDined on 5/31/2014Good food. Nice if in the neighborhood. It is a small place with tight seating and busy on weekends, so you may have to wait even with a reservation. They may be out of some items.Special Features:
- Worst dining experience everNightmareDined on 5/31/2014For a 7:15 reservation we were seated within 10 mins. There was no one at the door to greet guests so the front door was kept open by people wanting to be seated in an already full restaurant! The temperature within the restaurant rose 10 degrees! We brought it to a servers' attention who got someone else to ask people to keep the door closed and wait outside. Believe it or not,we still don't, our order was taken at 7:25 and by 8:35 our food hadn't arrived! we signaled the waiter who asked us once again what we had ordered...he said there had been some confusion and our order had been misplaced but that he'd get it out in 5 minutes! We left! No apologies, no offers of a glass of wine, nor any mention of a dinner discount offer!
- Service left a lot to be desiredLucindaDined on 5/31/2014The food was tasty but not what I ordered it. They forgot to bring an appetizer, had to ask for items numerous times, they cleared items before we were finished and served wine that I swear was sitting on the stove it was so hot (it was 10 minutes to get the wine replaced with a different glass). The servers were pleasant and they apologized stating that there were new staff that evening.
- post holiday folliesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014It was the day after a busy holiday- new server and out of a few key items and others may have been leftover from the day before and or overcooked.
- MmmmmmAnaKarenGDined on 5/24/2014Always delicious food and good service. Look out for those Groupon & LivingSocial deals!!! Worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2014We got there at 530 right at beginning of dinner service with a reservation. We had great food and good service but as it got more crowded I could see where the service might become a problemSpecial Features:
- something differenthomeisbestVIPDined on 5/12/2014We have little experience with Indian food and thought we would give this a try with a Groupon. It was a nice outing. Our pleasant server was helpful and everything we ate was tasty. If we were in that area again and thought of Indian food we certainly would return.
- Groupon dealstylesofsaturnDined on 5/10/2014Positive...Me and my wife went out for some Indian food and had a great time. The food tasted great with all types of options from vegetarian, lamb, chicken, and seafood. All types of spices were on these foods and you can get it from mild to super hot. It was romantic and fun at the same time. Negative....The waiters were a little bit rushed on the day we were there so don't expect perfect service. That was really the thing that wasn't on point for this place. It's a little pricey, but you can get a great groupon deal that makes it worth the go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. But help the server outMisterBDined on 5/9/2014Food was amazing as always. The waiter made excellent recommendations. Only problem was the he was the only waiter. The manager chilling in the back while our waiter was running back and forth. Not sure how he was able to keep up but he did. You will need reservations unless you want to wait a long time. Waiter had to tell the manager.."you know I could use a little help here".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come hungry - Come earlyCaptAdiDined on 4/26/2014Imlee is a gem. Excellent food. Portions large enough to share. Great service. Everything cooked to order, and the chef pays attention when you say "NO SPICE", although you should try it with just a little bit even if you're timid. Order "for the table" and share a bit of everything with everyone. The vegetarian entrees are fresh and tasty, the fish is never overcooked, and the tandoori meats are well cooked but never dry. Truly an opportunity to be a bit adventurous and order something you've never had before.Special Features:
- Close, but not quite a home run.CJOrlandoDined on 4/19/2014Love Imlee! I can always count on food being absolutely delicious and relatively attentive service...well, almost always. I was a bit disappointed this past weekend when I went to Imlee for an early dinner on Saturday night. My friend and I made reservations with Open Table. It appeared there was only one waiter on so service was slow, though amenable. The food which is usually spectacular was OK, but just OK. Everyone has an off night, I chalk this up to Imlee's. I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleased...fab service,madiestanDined on 4/5/2014fast service, very helpful and polite and attentive staff... love all the crockery they use.....choice of music was nice....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good restauran deterioratesaravadesDined on 4/5/2014We have eaten at Imlee on numerous occasions but ever since beginning their groupon promotion, things have begun to deteriorate. For us, the nadir was this past weekend, with awful service and food that was a far cry from the delicious meals served in the past. Even the beautiful curry dishes the food was served on in the past were absent. There was a pervasive sense of waiters who just didn't care, a sense that the establishment had really declined. We loved the old Imlee and were shocked by what we experienced. We won't be returning.
- This was our second time inFoodieVIPDined on 3/28/2014This was our second time in recent years. First time was excellent. This time not a good experience. Not sure if we will give it 3rd try?Special Features:
- Great Indian Cuisine in PinecrestJEastCobbDined on 3/19/2014Great little place. Friendly and welcoming environment. The cuisine is wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Flavors!IdaluciaVIPDined on 3/16/2014My husband and I love Indian food! Imlee has some of THE BEST Indian food we've eaten!Special Features:
- Cute Indian BistroPatrickBDined on 3/15/2014Imlee is a great Indian bistro with flavorful dishes. Have been going there for over ten years.Special Features:
- spicy and expensiveSeaSmoke1Dined on 3/15/2014Service was good. Asked for not spicy food and food came very spicy. And for the amount of food very expensive. I don't eat much at Indian restaurans so it may me. Even for my wife who likes spicy foods the food was too spicy. Took home the leftovers and she had to water them down to eat them.Special Features:
- Strange placemandmVIPDined on 3/15/2014On our first visit to the restaurant we followed the waiters advice and ordered the special.. he didn't tell us it was $45 dollars... but our bad, we didn't ask.. and it was good.. On our second visit... with the restaurant only on third full.. we discovered that every individual table was reserved by some, as yet absent, future guest... with the only table left for us in the corner where the wait staff gathered... lucky us.. I think it was the arrogance of the staff that made us leave... they treated us like unwelcome guests who had stayed to long.. The combination of dishonesty and arrogance will keep us from evert returning.. I hope your visit is better
- A nice surpriseJuniorFoodieDined on 3/14/2014After reading the reviews I wasn't sure what we were walking in to but, we were pleasantly surprised by the food, service and ambience. We had a thoroughly enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner was a success!EatItDined on 3/10/2014I Love this place! The food is amazing and the portions are large. I always seem to find myself having leftovers for breakfast the next morning because i just faint wait to have it again! the restaurant is small and i recommend making a reservation so you don't miss out! I try to come back at least once a month and my girlfriend went from being a bit unsure if she wanted to try Indian food to begging me on a weekly basis to take her back to Imlee! I suggest the Chicken Madras but you can't go wrong with any of the dishes! I love it and i suggest you go as soon as possible even if you have a long drive its worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never on a Saturday -VickiDined on 3/8/2014The restaurant was over booked. Was moved to accommodate another group. Waiter did not even have time to explain menu. Did not have time to answer questions. Food was placed away from us. Had to get up and move the food to our place setting. Was about to ask for dessert menu and was handed the check. Clearly no after dinner sweets or coffee for us. One the plus side the bus person was pleasant and attentive as it seemed was the other older gentleman server whom we had before. He was more gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014Food was very good, service was good. Tried a variety of items all were unique and delicious. Pricing seems a little high but the serving sizes are pretty good so you get your money’s worth. You’ll probably take some home for a second meal. Ambience is very nice. Overall an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Good Indian FoodDeblisstaDined on 2/22/2014Arrived for our 6:00 PM reservation and were given a table for two. Other parties of two were seated at 4 seat tables but we were told the other 4 seat tables were reserved. We ordered the vegetable somosas which were very good and arrived promptly. After forty minutes the chicken korma and the snapper had not arrived and we were told the snapper took long, at least a half hour. We would have appreciated a heads up when we ordered as we had a play to attend. The chicken korma and sharwani pan was very good as usual but the snapper was unimpressive. The waiter graciously accepted our Groupon and even though the Saturday night crowd had filled the restaurant. In all fairness the waiter recommended the sea bass over the snapper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overbooked, but accomidatingpaperlanternsDined on 2/14/2014Two of us went for Valentine's Day, and we had a great time. However, there were a few things worth mentioning. First, they booked so many reservations for the same time that we ended up getting seated an hour later than we were scheduled (granted, it's a small space--there aren't many tables). Next, there was no designated space for waiting (nor was there a check-in desk), so those waiting for their tables were left awkwardly hovering around those seated outside. They seemed a bit understaffed as well, especially given the higher predicted numbers for the holiday. To compensate, the restaurant gave out free champagne and roses--which were very nice touches. Though stressed, staff were nice, and the food was decent (a bit too sweet).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodluvseafoodDined on 2/14/2014The food at Imlee is always outstanding. I was surprised that they were short staffed for Valentine's day. Only 2 waiters for a full restaurant. The waiter didn't ask us if we wanted dessert. He just brought the bill to the table.Special Features:
- great food / friendly serviceLkdsDined on 2/11/2014The food was good and the waitstaff friendly to my kids. They even let us go in the kitchen and see the tandoori oven and how they make the naan.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousTrySomethingNewDined on 2/10/2014We stumbled upon Imlee and it has been our go to spot in the neighborhood whenever we get a craving for Indian food...which tends to be often! Although the restaurant itself is quite small, the food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2014This is across the street from my house and is convenient. Great food friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itLissymomDined on 2/7/2014Had a great time with my friend. The dinner was excellent, and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Indian FoodMNarinoDined on 2/6/2014Loved Imlee! Staff was very friendly, and helped me with making selections and educating me in some of India's standard dishes. The service was speedy and attentive, the food was delicious and on point. You have to make reservations to get a table at Imlee, but that is as easy as making a phone call or even making reservations online. Great place that will get my business again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service,BellDined on 2/6/2014Great food, great service, lovely ambiance. I just wish the space would be a bit bigger, tables are a bit too close. Difficult to have a private conversation. And can be annoying hearing others conversation especially if they are loud and inappropriate. Next time I go will reserve a specific table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been to Imlee 6 or 8 times.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Been to Imlee 6 or 8 times. The food is superb, rich, flavorful, excellent quality ingredients. Two gripes: went for the lunch buffet once and asked to take the left-overs from the FIRST serving home, and was told I'd be charged extra for it, even though I was already paying for it (so instead they will throw it in the trash); and recently went on Friday night: very busy, and they only had one waiter for the entire dining room, but he and his helper ("bus boy") were polite, and they were hustling! Guests were standing in the doorway waiting to be directed to a table by the one waiter. These two experiences convey unwelcome to me, not "appreciated patron" or "honored guest". Compliments to the chef all around. (Medium = spicy!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imlee...best hidden gem!!!:)HappyDined on 1/20/2014Excellent, Superb, Romantic and Delicious!!!:) My husband and I had travelled the world and your food, service and ambiance is the best I've had in a long time. Continue with the excellent quality your giving to your customers:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014It was our first time trying Indian food and are planning to come back soon. It was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ice restaurantSwatiDined on 1/11/2014THis is one of the best indian restaurant , I have found in Miami. Food is amazing, authentic indian taste. Especially the Dal makhni, gives the chulha cooked flavor. The only thing which i dint like, the place is very small and always crowdy, Usually there is always 20-30 minutes waiting time and it takes around 30 minutes on the table before you are served. But who cares, if you really want to enjoy indian authentic food, definitely go there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.