965 4th Ave N
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://imtapas.com/
- Phone: 2394038272
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm.
After October, 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from IM Tapas
IM Tapas serves authentic food of Spain with a modern twist. Our food is based on sensations and essences. We respect traditions, the purity of the primary flavors and the work of dedicated artisans, while serving food that embraces the conceptual creativity of the new Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
IM Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (6)notable wine list (3)Show More
- The best in NaplesGoodfoodDined on 10/23/2014If you go out to dinner to enjoy food, this is the best in Naples, Florida. Everything is delicious and unique. If someone suggests dinner out, my suggestion is IM Tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...not great.ManwasihungryVIPDined on 8/30/2014Not in a nice part of town. It is a storefront on a street of body shop and other industrial looking stores. Inside decor was nice. The service was very attentive and friendly. However the quality of the food did not match the prices. I do not mind paying top dollar for an outstanding meal but this was an average meal at 5th avenue prices. The great aspect of true tapas are reasonably priced small plates of many delicious choices. These were tapas portion plates at full entree prices.
- Over PricedlinyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Very over priced for average tasting food. We had four tapas, none of which had memorable flavor. Service was average.
- We keep coming back!!!luv2eatDined on 8/22/2014As expected, IM Tapas delivers consistently great food and service, whether in or out of season. Our meal this evening was outstanding, with a special nod to the beef and pork empanadas drizzled with a bit of honey and the lamb, which my husband and I both agreed was the best tasting lamb dish we've ever had. Mark, our server, does a fantastic job of describing the dishes and sending out your dishes in the best order to be eaten. Everything tastes good on the menu but he will guide you according to your tastes and suggest things you may never have thought of ordering. If you understand and appreciate the concept of tapas, then you will definitely love IM Tapas. Nobody does it better than Isabel & Mary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAPAS ON 4THXjoburgDined on 8/21/2014A little off the beaten track but what a find. The waiter was knowledgable and helpful, one of our party is allergic to corn, and he asked who it was when we arrived and informed her of what she could eat off the menu. The food was wonderful, tasty, beatifully seasoned, with a wide variety of offerings. We ordered a large array of dishes, including lamb, beef, sausage, calamari - but the shrimp with garlic was so good that we odered additional portions. We sat and talked long after the food was finished and all agreed that it was one of the best ining experiences we had enjoyed in a long time. This is defenitely a place that will I will be going back to again and again.Special Features:
- OutstandingKeywestregularsDined on 8/8/2014Absolutely terrific! You can't go wrong with this place. Great food, knowledgeable service and fantastic wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not necessaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The only reason I down graded Overall and Service one notch was that ... while the service was very acceptable, the young man seemed to be rather blase about the entire relationship. I would have thought he would have been a little happy to see a customer and smile a little bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new special place for usgreggdVIPDined on 7/26/2014We decided to test Tapas in our new home. We were very pleasantly surprised. Every dish we tried was superb, with the possible exception of the Iberico ham. It was fine, but from a value perspective it was not a good choice. Biggest favorite was the Garlic Shrimp. I suggested that I would order it again if it were simply the sauteed Garlic. The service was impeccable but to be fair we were the first diners on that Saturday night, so it was easy for them to manage just the right amount of attention. Almond desert (flown in from Portugal was a winner as was the Sangria. Loved it.Special Features:
- Best foodLaurenVIPDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant, in my opinion, is the best in Naples. The food is always fresh and superbly prepared. We never had anything there that we did not love. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Immensely Mouthwatering Tapaseat2muchVIPDined on 7/19/2014Isabel and Mary continue to raise the bar for tapas in Naples. There are so many excellent choices: the olive dip, calamari, butifarra, empanadas (both kinds) and more. Do not let that detract you from the wonderful entrees on the menu. On the last visit, the Paella Negra Catalana was shared at the table with suitable accolades. The quirky touch of the black aprons and gloves only added to the enjoyment. It is a place to take your time and enjoy the many outstanding choices on the entire menu. Also give the wine list a careful look, as there are some wonderful Spanish wines available for the perfect pairing. Periodic returns are on the calendar for this somewhat hidden jewel and the jewels that own it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeweVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food is the hero at this charming restaurant. We enjoy all the unique offerings every time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 131 reviews are from the IM Tapas reviews archive.
- Another great meal with friendsMtd3206Dined on 6/14/2014We rate this as one of the three best places to dine in Naples FL> The co-owners are true chefs, presentation, selection are first class.The wine list is unique and carefully thought out. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- foodsnob13Dined on 6/13/2014Have dined at IM Tapas 3 times so far. Everything is just so good. Isabella (chef) is wonderful. She's right on with the paella and that huge lobster tail in the middle. Had empanadas there for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed them. Wish I had ordered more. If you're looking for a great spanish restaurant you must try IM Tapas. Muchas gracias.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!VinceVIPDined on 6/3/2014This is only the second time that I've posted comments on Open Table. That's how good I.M. Tapas is! Don't let the simplicity of how the dishes sound fool you - Olive Mix, Lentil Salad, or Croquettes for example. The complexity of the flavors and the absolute perfection on how the dishes were prepared (it's apparent that the Chef takes great pride in their craft) is just incredible. The service was also outstanding. Our waiter was so enthusiastic when he described the menu items that I thought he was one of the owners (he said he was not). Don't miss this one. For the food and service it's the best I've had in Naples!Special Features:
- Something DifferentHappyDined on 5/30/2014IM Tapas is an interesting place. Food was good, service attentive and quick. Prices were a bit steep. Would go back but be more careful in ordering. The beef, chicken and artichokes were delicious. The $19 cheese pieces We're okay but not worth the high price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TuckerVIPDined on 5/29/2014Could be Naples finest cuisine. Inventive, unique, delicious !Special Features:
- Excellent place to eat.vickiDined on 5/29/2014All of our tapas were fabulous. Excellent service...very attentive. Will definitely recommend and return.Special Features:
- Best of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2014Consistently wonderful--blending of flavors and textures is marvelous. Just the best there is in Naples.Special Features:
- Surpassed ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014This was our first visit and from the great reviews that we read about IM Tapas we thought we would give it a try. It surpassed our expectations and we will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentitsallsoogoodDined on 5/2/2014This is a simple note - We were very pleased and will return soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/1/2014The food at IM Tapas was delicious, as always. It's just a shame that the restaurant isn't busier. We had venison carpaccio and spinach to start and then shared a very ample seafood paella. The rice in the paella was particularly tasty.Special Features:
- Hidden gemTuckerVIPDined on 4/26/2014This place is really good. The food created here is inventive and masterfully done. If you enjoy and appreciate fine cuisine, hurry to I M Tapas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good no greatAndy2VIPDined on 4/22/2014Nothing negative here, but with all of the good places in town it doesn't make sense to go off beaten path to go here. Nice people, nice little place, average food
- Tapas in Naples - YayGrayganDined on 4/19/2014We moved here from Chicago and have been looking extremely hard for restaurants that come even close to the culinary heaven that is Chicago. I M Tapas is one. The food was excellent. The Paella is cooked to order which is key. The wait staff are willing to listen and work with you. If you need to eat fast, they'll bring the food out fast. If you want to linger, which the restaurant suggests, promotes, and prefers, they will bring your dishes to you slowly. We prefer this style as we enjoy long dinner conversations, good food, good wine, and each others' company. We finally found a restaurant that allows us to do what we enjoy. View is non-existent and parking is tough. Come a bit early and sit inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty horrible tapas for the $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/16/2014If you know what tapas are, you should go somewhere else. The taste of the food was poor at best. You get the impression that someone who has no familiarity is cooking in the back. We tried seven dishes, some of them - like the Moroccan crusted pork skewer (is this really a tapa) were so overly spiced as to be inedible. We saw a car park, come on, look around and leave abruptly. By the end of the meal I wished that I had seen as smart as that car.
- Never disappointsJHP10NaplesVIPDined on 4/16/2014We try to go several times a month for our Isabel and Mary tapas fix. Addiction to great food!Special Features:
- As always, the food at IMOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/10/2014As always, the food at IM Tapas was excellent. We had the white anchovies, the octopus, the duck, ramps, and one other dish that I don't remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner in weird locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014First time there. Great Tapsa food and service. Ambiance inside was very nice. Outside not. Take a table well inside the small seating area so you don't need to look outside at various car businesses across the street. We will go back for the food. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naples SurprisePeteVIPDined on 4/4/2014I.M. Tapas is off the beaten path in Naples but delivers exceptional Spanish food, including imaginative tapas and great paella. Unlike the very good restaurants on the main drags (Fifth Ave South, South Third Street), I.M. Tapas is quiet and soothing, a great break from the hubbub.Special Features:
- Good Foodhappydiner1VIPDined on 4/4/2014Good. Located in a shopping mall strip facing a car repair store. Tapas were tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!MamaBDined on 4/3/2014Everything is great as usual. We discovered it last year and have returned many times. Everyone we send there is very happy. We want lots of people to go to make sure it stays there. This place is a gem. You will not be sorry you tried IM Tapas, I promise you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulTravelerVIPDined on 3/31/2014Relaxing relief from the often pretentious Naples dining scene. Terrific assortment of small plates to share with friends or family. Cheese plate not to be missed, many good wines to choose from. Wait staff knowledgeable and helpful. Definitely a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedtravelmanDined on 3/31/2014I have had a lot of tapas in great restaurants in North America, Asia and Europe and was disappointed in IM Tapas. To begin, the menu is very light on quality cold vegetable dishes such as classic asparagos. Main dishes were pricey, even for two. The deep-fried calamari, while not overcooked, had a distinct taste of flour. The chorizo was competent but unattractively presented. We did enjoy the stuffed artichoke hearts and shrimp but found the bread hard unless saturated with oil. Maybe it was an off night, or perhaps expectations in Naples are generally low, but this restaurant did not achieve the ratings given by previous reviewers. Nice place with friendly staff that just needs to up its game.
- IM Tapas is a true restaurant-gemTheFrequentDinerVIPDined on 3/28/2014IM Tapas is a true restaurant-gem in Naples, a city with many, many restaurants. The décor, ambience, food, wine and service are excellent. Located on 4th Avenue North, one-half block east of Tamiami Trail, IM Tapas is unlike the numerous casual and rustic nearby restaurants. Rather, IM Tapas would fit-in with honors on 5th Avenue South or Third Street South. Every tapas dish that my wife and I ordered was beautifully presented and delicious, the artichoke hearts filled with Serrano & Manchego being our favorite. If you want a large dish instead of tapas, IM offers larger plates including paella, duck, lamb, chicken and sea bass. IM Tapas quickly became one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFoodExplorerDined on 3/28/2014A really nice variety from familar items to unusual fare. Love that it is small and long so it stays quiet and sheltered. Wait staff was extremely good- there when you needed them, not a bothering you when you didn't want them around! Chef who explained tyhe cheese did a great job. Enjoyable all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of the neighborhoodRosieinnaplesDined on 3/28/2014Second visit, and I took a visiting friend who is an incredible cook and makes cheese as a hobby. This friend has taken us to incredible restaurants over the years, Tiffin Wallah in NYC, Bocuse at CIA in Poughkeepsie, etc. So there we were. We ordered white anchovies, stuffed squash blossoms, cod fritters, octopus with potatoes, and a salad. For dessert , we split the 5 cheese board. We had a lovely white Spanish wine that my friend knew to order. The meal was perfect in every detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Naples's best kept secretsJHP10NaplesVIPDined on 3/26/2014If you haven't tried IM's, you're missing a treat. We've been there time and again, and it just doesn't disappoint. Occasionally the service can be spotty, but that's not the norm at this 5 star jewel.Special Features:
- Wait staff has changedDrMikeDined on 3/26/2014IM Tapas has great food and had great service. All new wait staff. New staff cannot get orders correct, do not stage tapas correctly, and ignore patrons. So sorry.
- Always a Special Treat!GinaVIPDined on 3/25/2014WE always have an enjoyable evening at IM Tapas. The food is excellent, and done with such Spanish flair.. We always try some of our favorites that we enjoyed in Spain and add something new from the menu. The stuffed artichokes were so good that we had to get a second plate. We also enjoy the selection of cheeses that are available from Spain. Best to have at least 4 people. It is an anomaly in Naples. The atmosphere is quiet and you can hear yourself talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely dinner. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/25/2014We had a lovely dinner. Food and service were very good. Atmosphere was pleasant, with a female vocalist who was entertaining but not overpowering. The location is off the beaten path but well worth the trip. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.