Ilios Noche - Providence Rd.
11508 Providence Road, Suite I
Charlotte, NC 28277Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ilios Noche - Providence Rd.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://xeniahospitality.com/ilios-noche/
- Phone: (704) 814-9882
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am.
Sunday Dinner 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Along with standard catered events, we are available for smaller atypical affairs like "private chef" parties, birthdays, and holiday parties.
A word from Ilios Noche - Providence Rd.
Located off Providence Road in the bustling Ballantyne area, Ilios Noche has enjoyed critical acclaim from locals and restaurant critics alike since its grand opening in 2003. The Best of Charlotte winner offers an extensive menu of Greek and Italian cuisine in a hip, open atmosphere. From the popular grilled octopus appetizer to the braised lamb or goat cheese and arugula salad, each of Ilios’ dishes are original artisan creations, easily paired with one of the many wines in their boutique selection. Don’t forget to try one of award-winning Pastry Chef Frank Kaltsounis’ freshly baked breads and cookies or delectable desserts from Ilios’ bakery. Stop by for breakfast, lunch and dinner, or to simply enjoy an espresso on our patio, which seats 25. Free wireless internet available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ilios Noche - Providence Rd. reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (22)good for groups (22)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (13)romantic (10)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I'm not into checking boxes. But we loved your place. Enjoy bringing friends there. Thanks for paying attention to quality food and details. Blessings M.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJulieDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I went last weekend for my birthday with four of our friends. It was very busy and quite loud, but the food was good as always, and the service was great. They even had live music over in the bar area, so that was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - so so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014The food was great and the 3-side family style package for $15.00 is a good idea. However, a pet peeve of mine is when you order an appetizer, your entree should never be served before you finish the appetizer (or you're telling the server you are done). Overall, a very good restaurant without having to drive uptown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTBoneVIPDined on 10/31/2014I like the food, but I wish there were more options. The service last night from Amanda was excellent. I have enjoyed my two visits to Ilios Noche and will keep it on my rotation for that area of Charlotte.Special Features:
- First Time DisappointedRdineVIPDined on 10/25/2014We dine here often and always enjoy the night out; we always get a reservation through open table in advance. We requested a booth and after 35 minutes past our reservation time we still were not seated; we ended up settling for a table in the bar area. Our server was nice but slow to bring drinks, my drink was empty for 15 minutes at one time. The food is great as always. Hopefully this was a fluke, we will probably stay away for awhile and enjoy some of the other restaurants in our area.Special Features:
- Always goodCrabbypantsDined on 10/25/2014This place never disappoints. We sat at the bar and had appetizers. Only complaint is very noisy and the bar got very crowded, standing three people deep and hovering over us while we ate. Other than that, good food and good wait staff/bar tenders, as usual!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 10/21/2014Ilios' cocktails are a big draw. Tried a new one today; just OK, but they keep trying new things. We typically get the same food selections; Ilios sald with chicken (very good always). They do a perfect marinade. Today I opted for the crazy lasagna; more a pappardelle with a bolognese sauce topped with melted mozzarella. Very tasting.Special Features:
- BloomsnbeadsDined on 10/20/2014I haven't been there since it had remodeled and expanded. Had my Girls' Night Out there so there were seven of us at a table. The food and service were great but it was hard to hear conversation because it was so noisy. But it seems a lot of the restaurants these days are noisy. We came at 6:30 p.m. on a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsCrabbypantsDined on 10/4/2014I never am disappointed here. Had the calamari and eggplant chips as appetizers, always good. For dinner, had the veal chop, and my brother from out of town had the salmon. He loved everything about this place. Scott our waiter was fabulous and well informed. Only complaint, too noisy, they really need to do something about the acoustics. I keft with a sore throat from yelling but also with a happy and full belly!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner & serviceOCfoodieDined on 10/3/2014Our party of four enjoyed everything we ordered. Recommend calamari, eggplant spread and any of the lamb dishes, we tried three of them - the lamb shank (fall off the bone tender) lamb chops (perfectly medium-rare) and lamb pie (succulent & flavorful) and all were delicious. Our server, Marie, was very pleasant, friendly and helpful. Would definitely go to Ilios Noche next time we visit Charlotte!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impressedMbMaccDined on 9/24/2014I have been dining at Ilios for years now, I enjoy it so much, it is the given spot for Anniversaries and special occasions. The quality of the food is outstanding, the service is excellent. Easily one of the best values in quality dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lackluster servicerockyDined on 9/21/2014We were there on a slow night and our server spent more time sweeping the floor and straightening tables. The only thing he was in a hurry to do was to give us our check! As always, the food was great.Special Features:
- jjlobiVIPDined on 9/16/2014Had a very nice dinner. Started with a shared Ilios salad (you have to try this if you like Greek flavors). My wife had lamb chops. They are marinated and delicious. My selection was more simple; the chicken souvlaki sandwich, the best tasting of all the sister restaurants. Added bonus was 1/2 price wine bottles on Tuesday. Had a very drinkable voignier for $13. A starter cocktail was delicious, Ilios does some of the best cocktails around (around $12). Hope they consider re-introducing 1/2 price cocktails during the week. Service was stellar; Dave our server was personable, patient, efficient and engaging; in a good way.Special Features:
- ExcellentCherylth3010VIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was fresh and delicious. Our server was awesome and made excellent recommendations. Everything was wonderful. Will definitely be back. Try the octopus and the lamb shank!Special Features:
- Awesome!idohoneymoonsDined on 9/5/2014Outstanding food and service. I had the lamb chops and my hubby had the ribs and they were delicious! Alexandria was out waitress and made the recommendations and she was spot on. Meat was super tender and the ribs literally fell off the bone. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second trip to this locationMikeDined on 8/17/2014...and it was just as good as the first time. The food was outstanding with many options all with the ethic flavor we expected. The staff was very knowledgable and seemed to genuiely care about our experience. This was a birthday celebration with friends and was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedJimboDined on 8/16/2014Four of us were together for a birthday celebration. Everyone's dish was excellent and our server was on it without being obtrusive. One of the finest dining experiences we've had in Charlotte in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 8/6/2014Went back to the Providence Road location and we liked the flavor of our food selections better. The chicken souvlaki taste was very different from the Quail Hollow location; no smokiness or "cumin" like flavor. Plentiful chicken and the best Tzaziki sauce around. That combined with a half order of the Ilios salad made for one hefty lunch. Back on Providence Road; something to be said for the original "Ilios Noche".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014Heretofore the service has consistently excellent. I was surprised at the poor service. Fortunately, the food was excellent.
- Birthday dinnertwinsmithsDined on 8/4/2014We love Ilios Noche!! We have always loved the food and the service and it keeps getting better! We took our daughters for their 18th birthday dinner and had a wonderful meal. The lamb shank was fabulous!! We were treated to a surprise - a dessert for each of the birthday girls - it was something I hadn't seen before on the menu and it was amazing... baklava with pistachio ice cream, apricots, and figs, with whipped cream. WOW!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Leigh1VIPDined on 7/29/2014I alway enjoy my time spent at Ilios Noche. The food and service is always amazing!Special Features:
- Great dinnerJc3165Dined on 7/25/2014The food was really great! We had hommus and fafel for appetizer, and I had a pizza and husband had pasta for dinner. The only thing that was AWFUL was the kids meals. Both of my kids got pasta with butter and it was not really edible. I found that odd because everything else was soooo good but the pasta was over cooked and glue-like and there was way too much butter and zero salt. Next time I would have them order a kid's pizza! Everything else was great, however, and we will absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 522 reviews are from the Ilios Noche - Providence Rd. reviews archive.
- Always a charmertwofrenchiesVIPDined on 7/20/2014Once again, loved our meal at Ilios Noche. Food was amazing. Service was excellent. We love that they have a kids' menu that branches outside of nuggets and pasta. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Readme.txtJakeDined on 7/12/2014Sorry for the bad title. This place is phenomenal. Great ambiance, amazing staff and food that will make you want to slap your momma (please do not attempt anything you read in this review at home). Seriously though, we have been to this place a half dozen times now (why do people say that and not 6?) and the best thing is not the trifecta of greatness (service, ambiance and food) but how incredibly consistent they present all three. At some places you catch the staff on a bad day, sometimes they are really busy, sometimes the place gets hit by a whirl wind, sometimes the chef is having a bad day. Having been 6 times at various times and days, never once have they not been...well....momma's everywhere: run for the hills.Special Features:
- Always good foodFoodstuffyVIPDined on 7/5/2014We are regulars at this place. The food is always good and service is very dependable, helpful, and friendly. The chef specials are great, but the regular menu is among the very best in the Charlotte area if you like Greek and Mediterranean food in general.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceglobalcitizenDined on 6/28/2014Great unique range of food - greek, Mediterranean - nice portions. It was late so we shared the sampler starter which is 4 types of greek spreads and pita bread then we shared Moussaka which made for a perfect late night dinner for two. Their cocktails are awesome - really unique stuff. Only thing is if you go in on a busy night where the bar is busy too, it gets loud. So if you're looking for a quiet place where you don't strain to hear your date talking, hmm be careful on Thursday - Saturday night's - just the nature of the place, they can't help it, they are popular in the neighborhood and very convenient if you live near Prov Rd/485 or south into Union County on Providence Rd.Special Features:
- Great food & service but much wineNeededadatenightDined on 6/28/2014We love Ilios Noche's food and atmosphere but for $11/glass of wine, I expected more than 5 small baby sips. The glass wasn't even 1/4 full and I probably had a look on my face when it was brought to us. I thought maybe they would add more because they were keeping it chilled but joke was on us. $22 for 2 "glasses" of wine - never again. I'll pass and use the money elsewhere!Special Features:
- DB110Dined on 6/28/2014There was a group standing beside our table talking loudly and oddly looking our direction. Two of them were the owner and a manager. Maybe circulate to your guests rather than stand there with your hands in your hips. Another was a man dressed in a Brazil soccer shirt -who sang in the band. We all couldn't hear each other because of the live music, but then you add them and that was all rather distracting. This was our first time in a while. Our friends dine at your Park Rd location quite often. The food was good. However FYI we never received our shrimp app but for some reason we received a 4 dip dish. It was good.The octopus and zucchini chips were delicious. All of our entrees were good as well.We will be back,we know where to sit now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Always excellent. April is an outstanding server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularBarbaraVIPDined on 6/18/2014Visiting relatives in Charlotte and someone recommended this spot. Our in-laws had not been there and it sounded good. It was outstanding! Had calamari and lamb chops for appetizers (excellent). We had different entrees that were wonderful (scallops, mahi-mahi, salmon and lamb chops). Had side orders of greek potatoes which might have been my favorite and risotto .... all tremendous. The food is out of this world. Our server, Alexandra, made it a really great experience. Only hesitation is that it was REALLY noisy and hard to hold a conversation. We were near the back away from the bar where we thought it would be quieter, but there were a few families with children which raised the sound level. Loved it..will be back on next visit.Special Features:
- Excellent end to end experience!MooseDinersDined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating a 65th birthday as well as Father's Day with reservations for 5. The table wasn't ready when we arrived, but was only a short 5 minute wait. We were greeted by our server who promptly brought an appetizer sampler for our troubles and was very accommodating regarding our drink requests. He didn't have something my father had ordered, so he sent another employee to the local grocery store. From the moment we sat down, we were treated like the only table in the place. Special care and attention were paid throughout the entire meal, recommendations were perfect and the full experience was one that was priceless! Our extreme compliments to the chef and the staff. LOVE this little gem and the folks who make it so amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must!!!LovetoEatOutDined on 6/14/2014Great Place with Great Food.........................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, definitely returning!Innkeeper484Dined on 6/8/2014The Greek salad was traditional, no lettuce! Great flavors of the fresh tomatoes, and feta. Greek ribs were excellent, not BBQ but Greek! Pizza was another treat for the taste buds. Can't wait to return for more.Special Features:
- frenchyDined on 6/7/2014a great evening with great wait staff and reception staff as well, and a lovely meal and evening.Special Features:
- SailorladiesDined on 6/3/2014food was ok. Nothing exceptional. A bit expensive for small size portions, no salad or bread with entrée.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!Leigh1VIPDined on 5/27/2014I've been going to this restaurant for years and it never disappoints. The food is always amazing. I especially like the Ilios salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Greek foodDianaDined on 5/22/2014We had an enjoyable dinner on a Thursday evening. The food was good and plentiful. There is a good wine list. It is a little on the expensive side but overall it was good.Special Features:
- Food & Atmosphere Best in ClassPatrickDined on 5/21/2014This place has moved to the top of our favorites in south Charlotte. The Mediterranean themed menu does not have a bad item on it. The lamb dishes are our favorite but the chicken and beef are fantastic. We often make a meal of the varied appetizers. The food is hands down the best in town. Staff always greets with a smile and their service is refreshing. Highly recommend Ilios Noche for any occasion !Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotsusanbDined on 5/21/2014Good food, good drinks. I would love a dinner salad and bread included with my meal, especially at these prices.Special Features:
- Another great lunch at Ilios NocheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2014Our ladies lunch/birthday celebration was great. Everyone enjoyed their meal, the service was great, and a yummy baklava with a candle was delivered to the birthday girl. Yummy and fun!Special Features: