236 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ililinyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 683-2929
- Hours of Operation:
Prix Fixe Lunch Mon-Fri $22.
Prix Fixe Brunch Sat-Sun $28.
LUNCH Monday-Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm,
DINNER Monday-Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:30pm,
WEEKENDS:Saturday 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 10:30pm.
NIGHTLY:Bar & Lounge Open Till Last Call
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Philippe Massoud
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For further information, please visit our website.
- Entertainment: Entertainment is available upon request for private events.
- Special Events: Contact our Private Event Department at: (212) 481-1840
- Cross Street: Between 27th & 28th
- Public Transit: N & R Subway Lines 28th Street Stop. 6 Line on Park is near as well 28th Street Stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in a lot on 28th Street, between Broadway and 5th Avenue. Street parking is also available near restaurant.
A word from ilili
ilili is New York’s premier contemporary Lebanese restaurant offering inspired Mediterranean cuisine. The menu mixes authentic Lebanese dishes with modern Mediterranean influences to create a culinary journey for the palate and senses. Complementing the international cuisine, ilili offers an impressive wine list that includes wines from all over the world and features favorites from Lebanon and the Mediterranean. The restaurant’s decor echoes the diverse menu, combining the architectural richness of Old Lebanon with an attitude and style that is unmistakably New York. A DJ sets the mood with music from around the globe and soft, amber lighting punctuated by candles create a sexy, sophisticated atmosphere in which to enjoy a relaxed meal. The cuisine, décor and ambience come together to create a new world for your senses to explore, whispering gently in your ear, ilili.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
ilili reviews from OpenTable diners
454 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (291)good for groups (247)special occasion (166)hot spot (139)vibrant bar scene (124)romantic (113)neighborhood gem (96)great for lunch (91)late-night find (44)notable wine list (41)great for brunch (39)kid-friendly (16)great for outdoor dining (12)scenic view (3)Show More
- fancy lebanesetinitaDined on 11/18/2014The food was fantastic, as were the mocktails. Amazing falafels, yogurt dip with salmon roe, kale fattoush salad and brussel sprouts. The tuna and lamb meatballs were meh. I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceggeeeDined on 11/14/2014the food was outstanding, and the service was great. We had an exceptional meal for a reasonable price per person. I am going to come back over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner610Diner610Dined on 11/14/2014Ilili is one of the restaurants in New York that I always recommend to people visiting there. The bar area is big but has an intimate feel because of the seating arrangement. The main restaurant is pretty and uncluttered. The waitstaff is knowledgeable and helpful and particularly good at suggesting an additional dish to go with those I have selected or to let me know that I may have over-ordered. The food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at IliliKarenDined on 11/14/2014I love Ilili and have recommended it to friends who love it too. It's hard to find a good restaurant not far from Penn Station, so it's a real gem. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly, the place is hip and attractive, and the food is phenomenal! Love the variety you get when ordering small plates. Each time I visit, I try something new and have loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some challenges...SeattleDined on 11/13/2014As the owner of several private label restaurants (not in NY), I'm sensitive to on-line reviews and generally I don't report through them because I think they're mostly an unfair platform giving a voice to grumpy people. However, I have some legitimate experiences to share that I hope will enable ownership to use constructively. Our server upstairs (mid-banquette, outer wall), was woefully undertrained. He had no concept of the wine list, and he didn't know the differences between Lebanese wine and U.S. wines. When I selected a California Pinot Noir, he showed it to us in the dark of the room. It was pointed out to him that it wasn't the wine we chose, but he had already opened it. The evening went downhill from there; we were charged for side dishes we had ordered but never appeared. As to food, it was satisfactory but lacking in flavor and complexity. I wish these folks well, but with all of the choices in NYC, I will be slow to return.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014This was maybe my 10th time at Ilili over the past 5 years. And I was reminded why I keep coming back. The food is consistently excellent (my favorites are the tabbouleh, the brussel sprouts, and the mekanek, and the kibbeh) and the service very attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatcp123Dined on 11/11/2014The food at ilili is always delicious and dependable. I frequently recommend this for people looking for a great place in the neighborhood. For the first time we ordered the Mezza Royale and it was a great value! The build out of this restaurant is extraordinary. There are many options for seating, between the lounge area by the bar, the ground floor dining room, and the smaller dining area up on the balcony. Wonderful ambiance, creative drinks, amazing food. Get the brussel sprouts! Definitely a neighborhood favorite!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Good food. Very slow service and the servers try to up sell you on the tapas menu because they say the portions are small when they are not at all.Special Features:
- Forget every falafel you ever ategalvdocVIPDined on 11/8/2014I have eaten plenty of falafel and m'jadara in my day, but I have never savored the classics as much as I did during our dinner at Ilili. The falafel is served in cubes, with a lacy crunch covering a light, fluffy center. The tahini dressing truly complemented it rather than drowning it in paste. All of the "usual suspects" appeared in our mezze - hummus, babaganoush, grape leaves - but each elicited moans of delight from our large party. New items for us were just as delightful - an "eggroll" of feta and mint, brussels sprouts with yogurt and walnuts, spicy shrimp. The service was efficient and effective. The management went out of their way to make our small event a success, always making me feel welcome even as I changed our reservation.Special Features:
- So Much FunGoodyGoodyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Go with at least 6 people so you can try a greater number of dishes. We had the best meal there ever. Our server Alexander recommended several appetizers and, more important, how to combine them in ways that we would never have thought about. (I'm sure all the servers there are as knowledgeable.) You can really make a meal out of the appetizers and next time we will probably skip any second courses. We can't wait to go back there. The wine was great, too and when you leave they present you with your wine labels pressed in a folder. Very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014This is the second time we've been to Ilili and it was again a wonderful experience! We brought friends who love this type of food but can never find anyone to eat it with since hubbies are meat and potatoes kinda guys. Our waiter Naseer was great and planned our dining adventure perfectly. Don't be afraid of the food - the staff will guide you and make recommendations based on your tastes. They have not failed yet. They also kept a record of our last meal and assured us that they could improve on it and they did! Just a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and drinksNokids4anightDined on 11/7/2014The food was amazing and the drinks were too. Everything was of the best quality. We were pleasantly surprised. The waittress was excellent too and have is some good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently above averagebikerbabeVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food is excellent and the selection is varied and eclectic. Please take the advice of your server and try things you never thought you'd pair together. Each time we go we ask the server what they recommend after we inform them of the things we would want to stay away from and they always create a masterpiece for us to feast on. I've been here at least 10 times and have NEVER had a bad meal.Special Features:
- An ilili Regular at this point...HungryArabDined on 11/5/2014You know it's a good place when you've been there twice in less than a week. I'm not sure enough can be said about this restaurant, it's just excellent in so many ways. Go there, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- Fun eatinggourmandDined on 11/4/2014Eating at Ilili is similar to a Tapas restaurant. There were 4 of us and we never ordered a main course. The food kept coming and we had a great time. Overall the food was very good, and the price was not high at all.Special Features:
- good for a crowdJojoDined on 11/4/2014the menu is interesting and has lots of middle eastern dishes. the fried food is too heavy and dense but the dips are good. main courses are generous and well prepared but not something you'd go back for. The best part of the restaurant is that its built for large tables and the service is great. They know how to handle the chaos of the crowd and do it very well. For that reason, I'd go with big group again. Hard to find a pale in the city that handles 8 or more gracefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedKakiDined on 11/1/2014I'm Lebanese and know the taste of a good hummus. The one we had was cold and far less than I would expect for the price we paid. Not a place I would go to for a taste of home. And soooooooo overpriced!Special Features:
- Delicious!NeverFull100VIPDined on 11/1/2014This was my 3rd time here and I'm still excited to go back again. The food is delicious and its a real dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I went with my wife and another couple on Saturday night and had a great experience. The service was unbelievable and extremely helpful. She helped us identify the perfect amount of food for the four of us to share. We had one person with a Gluten allergy and everyone on the staff (waitress, bus boy, etc) were all aware, and helped to point out what was/was not safe to eat. They also made most plates gluten free friendly for us. Overall awesome meal and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Always a great choiceHungryArabDined on 10/31/2014By far my favorite restaurant in NYC. The food is authentic Lebanese fare with some great twists that don't take away from the original flavors of the dishes. The service is always top notch, the cocktails are delicious and unique. You simply can't got wrong with this place for a date, business lunch, or dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/30/2014I enjoyed the friendly staff and the setting was warm and inviting. Perfect for our girls night out. Our waiter seemed knowledgable and attentive. But I felt he was trying to push the most expensive food items on us. Food was good but a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, trendy spot, loud.AleppoCuisineConnaisseurDined on 10/29/2014Overall the food was tasty, there were more hits than misses. The hummus is exceptionally good, the kibbeh in laban too, and the duck shawarma is truly special! However the tabbouleh was soupy, the fattoush wasn't authentic, and the fries were old. The restaurant attracts a great, diverse crowd. The decor and ambiance were very nice but the noise was incredibly loud - very difficult to have a conversation with the person sitting just in front of you. Overall pricey for Arabic food but the presentation, concept and flavors make it worth another trip. (Reviewer from Aleppo, where you find the best Middle Eastern food!)Special Features:
- Fantastic experience!fabulousmealVIPDined on 10/28/2014The food, vibe and service were right on! The restaurant was lively but even with all the people not too loud. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish EVERY TimeOpalina18Dined on 10/28/2014Come hungry and enjoy the food. If you go early, noise level is fine....later it's quite loud.Special Features:
- cosmopolitan gemkaren123Dined on 10/26/2014Only in New York! Inventive and delicious food, served by knowledgeable staff, in classy -- and quiet! -- setting. You can find those things all over the City. But here Middle-Easterners and New Yorkers mingle; you'll see big families with toddlers, and couples on date-night. This is probably the best pan-Middle-Eastern food I've ever had. Try the atayef and veal bacon -- yumyum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced food, slow serviceSamuelDined on 10/25/2014Went to dinner on Sat night. I've been to quite many middle eastern places and in my opinion this place is overpriced. Good wasn't bad, but not delicious. Wine selection was mediocre. I expected much better quality for the price. Service was slow, though nice. Wouldn't recommend. It's too pricy to just eat and not so good to make an experience.
- Not impressedBelecitaDined on 10/25/2014The food was OK. We ended up in the upstairs floor which is not nearly as nice as the downstairs. We sat next to the floor staff section which was not great. Service was good actually.
- Very enjoyable evening.JaydenDined on 10/25/2014Nice ambiance. Bar area with a bunch of low bench like seats at the entrance and this is where you will/can sit while waiting for your table. The waitress will take your drink order while you wait ($17 for margarita with Patron and $14 for Grey Goose vodka with cranberry. We went with the mixed grill, Phoenician fries, Brussels spouts, falafel and a salad. Just enough for two people to get full. Everything was great. My wife didn't care for the lamb chops, so that was more for me. Add a couple more drinks (Sumac (?) margarita and a couple of 916 pale ales) and the tab came to $192 including tax. If we weren't trying to eat in different restaurants each time we go out for dinner I would definitely come here again. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the BestpluckmanDined on 10/25/2014This was the best Lebanese food I've had in NYC--and I grew up eating Lebanese/Syrian food.Special Features:
- IrenesDined on 10/25/2014Staff was very attentive and recommended dishes to each and every one of our party of 8. Portions were not too big.Special Features:
- Great FoodGuidiDined on 10/24/2014I found it a bit noise but it was really good, food and service. Definitely a real value restaurantSpecial Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Exceptional service from knowledgeable waiter. Food was delicious. Pricy drinks, but worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mellowdnycDined on 10/23/2014great to take clients or to go with friends/significant otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite midtown spotlovetokibbehDined on 10/21/2014I've gone twice in the last month. I live an hour away upstate NY. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable and always recommend the best. Chef Matthew O'Haver is amazing!! His approach to the desserts is innovative, captures all the senses and delicious beyond measure. We typically go for about 5-6 appetizers and 4-5 desserts so we can all try everything. Among the favorites are the shwarma, kibbeh, atayef and veal bacon, riz....then seriously all the desserts. You can taste the time and dedication into each item and it's fantastic. Among my favorites - candy bar, the pumpkin panna cotta, the sorbet, sweet potato cake. Always a pleasure at Ilili!!Special Features:
- Nice restaurantNessa79Dined on 10/19/2014It was a nice restaurant with some good lounge musik, the food was really nice, it was my first time for libanees food and the service was really good. I recommend trying it once in your life or more...Special Features:
- Amazing ! Best Mediterranean food !KrupaDined on 10/19/2014Amazing ! Best Mediterranean food in the city & Best cocktails ever ! Good for families / groups since they have big tables and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsitguyfoodieDined on 10/19/2014Took a good friend of mine to dinner for his birthday. Ilili is an authentic Lebanese restaurant with an amazing menu, wine list and great size. I strongly recommend it to those who appreciate upscale dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and nice ambiancenicknameformyreviewsDined on 10/18/2014Very nice ambiance at night, great for dates and groups. The Lamb Chops were amazing, would certainly go again.Special Features:
- Better Mediterranean restaurantsRonlDined on 10/18/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant. The first time I was unsure as to whether the waiter was peddling extra food to us. However, the second time with a different waiter confirmed that this was the norm. The food was good and the atmosphere was lively but with increase in available Mediterranean restaurants this would be low down on my list for a return visit.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingjzairickVIPDined on 10/17/2014I come from a family that cooks really good Mediterranean food and this is by far a lot better. Try the hummus, the kibe neye, falafel, duck shwarma, tabboule and the beef dumplings in yogurt soup. You will thank me later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.