236 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ililinyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 683-2929
- Hours of Operation:
Prix Fixe Lunch Mon-Fri $22.
Prix Fixe Brunch Sat-Sun $28.
LUNCH Monday-Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm,
DINNER Monday-Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:30pm,
WEEKENDS:Saturday 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 10:30pm.
NIGHTLY:Bar & Lounge Open Till Last Call
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Philippe Massoud
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For further information, please visit our website.
- Entertainment: Entertainment is available upon request for private events.
- Special Events: Contact our Private Event Department at: (212) 481-1840
- Cross Street: Between 27th & 28th
- Public Transit: N & R Subway Lines 28th Street Stop. 6 Line on Park is near as well 28th Street Stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in a lot on 28th Street, between Broadway and 5th Avenue. Street parking is also available near restaurant.
A word from ilili
ilili is New York’s premier contemporary Lebanese restaurant offering inspired Mediterranean cuisine. The menu mixes authentic Lebanese dishes with modern Mediterranean influences to create a culinary journey for the palate and senses. Complementing the international cuisine, ilili offers an impressive wine list that includes wines from all over the world and features favorites from Lebanon and the Mediterranean. The restaurant’s decor echoes the diverse menu, combining the architectural richness of Old Lebanon with an attitude and style that is unmistakably New York. A DJ sets the mood with music from around the globe and soft, amber lighting punctuated by candles create a sexy, sophisticated atmosphere in which to enjoy a relaxed meal. The cuisine, décor and ambience come together to create a new world for your senses to explore, whispering gently in your ear, ilili.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
ilili reviews from OpenTable diners
446 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (291)good for groups (247)special occasion (163)hot spot (138)vibrant bar scene (121)romantic (112)neighborhood gem (102)great for lunch (88)late-night find (43)notable wine list (42)great for brunch (38)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- mellowdnycDined on 10/23/2014great to take clients or to go with friends/significant otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite midtown spotlovetokibbehDined on 10/21/2014I've gone twice in the last month. I live an hour away upstate NY. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable and always recommend the best. Chef Matthew O'Haver is amazing!! His approach to the desserts is innovative, captures all the senses and delicious beyond measure. We typically go for about 5-6 appetizers and 4-5 desserts so we can all try everything. Among the favorites are the shwarma, kibbeh, atayef and veal bacon, riz....then seriously all the desserts. You can taste the time and dedication into each item and it's fantastic. Among my favorites - candy bar, the pumpkin panna cotta, the sorbet, sweet potato cake. Always a pleasure at Ilili!!Special Features:
- Nice restaurantNessa79Dined on 10/19/2014It was a nice restaurant with some good lounge musik, the food was really nice, it was my first time for libanees food and the service was really good. I recommend trying it once in your life or more...Special Features:
- Amazing ! Best Mediterranean food !KrupaDined on 10/19/2014Amazing ! Best Mediterranean food in the city & Best cocktails ever ! Good for families / groups since they have big tables and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsitguyfoodieDined on 10/19/2014Took a good friend of mine to dinner for his birthday. Ilili is an authentic Lebanese restaurant with an amazing menu, wine list and great size. I strongly recommend it to those who appreciate upscale dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and nice ambiancenicknameformyreviewsDined on 10/18/2014Very nice ambiance at night, great for dates and groups. The Lamb Chops were amazing, would certainly go again.Special Features:
- Better Mediterranean restaurantsRonlDined on 10/18/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant. The first time I was unsure as to whether the waiter was peddling extra food to us. However, the second time with a different waiter confirmed that this was the norm. The food was good and the atmosphere was lively but with increase in available Mediterranean restaurants this would be low down on my list for a return visit.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingjzairickVIPDined on 10/17/2014I come from a family that cooks really good Mediterranean food and this is by far a lot better. Try the hummus, the kibe neye, falafel, duck shwarma, tabboule and the beef dumplings in yogurt soup. You will thank me later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing !!!!AgemiroDined on 10/17/2014This place is a very nice restaurant and you don't need to like Lebanese food to enjoy it, the food is amazing and Service is outstanding !!!! Great overall experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE!KarenDined on 10/17/2014This meal was so fantastic. It was my second time visiting and I loved every bite. Great to go with a group (although we were just 3). We ordered a bunch of small plates. Loved the delicious variety. Everything was awesome. My favorite dish was the shrimp salad. Sounds pedestrian, but the greens included mint and parsley and it had some sort of pickled (I think) lemon rind. So YUMMY! There are not many good restaurants in this area. Great when looking for something near Penn Station/Madison Square Garden. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carlapaDined on 10/16/2014Went for dinner with a group on a thursday night. Had a reservation and were seated right away. Great food recommendations by our server, food was timely and drinks were also very good. Pumpkin pannacotta was also amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent foodExcellentDined on 10/16/2014The food represents the best in mediteranian cooking in New York, I have sent loads of friends and collaeges from Iceland to the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArdenDined on 10/14/2014We've been thee three times and have enjoyed each visit for ambiance, food, and beauty!Special Features:
- Great foodJimeNYDined on 10/13/2014Beautiful space, dynamic, fun, chic And not too loud!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!SongbirdsueDined on 10/12/2014I found this restaurant on line and it looked different..it was a great find. The ambience was lively and a little exotic..The food was so fresh and prepared very carefully to be pleasing to the eye. The ingredients were authentic . Angel our server was amazing and gave us excellent customer service..a special experience and great food.Special Features:
- Nice modern Lebanese foodDelishDined on 10/12/2014Food was quite good. Fresh Lebanese bread was delicious. Order the Chankleesh & the Kebab Kerez meatballs. Think the vibe and interiors could have been better, was nice but a little boring compared to some of the other places we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Needs some work.anvasquDined on 10/12/2014We requested a change of table when we were being seated; the hostess made us go all the way to the first floor and to the foyer to wait while they finished cleaning it; I am sure it would have taken them 2 minutes to do so. The food was excellent; the service was OK.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!Julia13Dined on 10/12/2014Loved this restaurant. Delicious food in a great environment. Highlights were the brussel sprouts, tabouli, kafka, and hummus. Looking forward to returning.
- DinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014we absolutely loved the food and the service was attentive and caring. will definitely come back soon!Special Features:
- Great restaurantRifkin2Dined on 10/10/2014Everything we ordered was wonderful. Great service. Didn't rush us. Get the brussel sproutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A can't miss place for lunchmbb4567Dined on 10/9/2014The blended teas ... the traditional middle eastern foods ... and the outgoing, gracious personalities of the table servers make I Lilli consistently a great choice for lunch. Get the brussel sprouts (no one does them like they do!!) and the lamb and beef meatballs in cherry sauce. Those are can't miss dishes, and I Lilli is a can't miss restaurant!Special Features:
- How to order + eatFiFiEatsDined on 10/6/2014Get a variety of mezzas to share for the table, rather than individual entrees. They offer a wide range of mezzas to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014waitress was a professional and knew her menu well. Room was a bit noisy and crowded for the occasion of celebrating an intimate birthday dinner with a close friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Quality FoodBetsyDined on 10/4/2014Celebrated my 65th birthday with family (4 adults) and a NYC weekend. Illili was a perfect spot with good eating, inventive and interesting cocktails and very knowledgeable service. April made excellent recommendations, the wine and fluke stood out but all our small plates (10 was sufficient for 4 people) were very good! We are a family that has enjoyed some very good meals at highly renown establishments. For this weekend because of all our other activities, we hoped to find a quality meal at a moderate price. Ilili did not disappoint. It can get noisy but that added to the festivities and it never created a problem for conversation at the table. The decor is attractive and inviting. Overall a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014The downstairs dining area and lounge have a nice atmosphere. However, they put parties of 2 in a dressed-down upstairs room. The food is OK, service as well.
- Fun, but poor valueTrendseekerVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been to Ilili many times over the past three-four years and have enjoyed the food and the scene, although it has always been extremely loud. I must now report that the value of the meal no longer justifies the price. $30 for three scallops is not justifiable. The lamb chops were uninspired. The shank so-so. The cocktails were very also weak (ie, little liquor). If you don't care about value, it's acceptable and fun. Otherwise, pass or just have appetizers, which were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodBillVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food here never disappoints. octopus is always tender, hummus always perfectly seasoned and the flatbread basket was steaming hot when it arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreColinVIPDined on 10/2/2014Second trip to the restaurant. Very underwhelmed this time. Waited super long to be seated for our reservation, took 15 minutes to be served at the bar, and got a very watered down glass of sangria. Food was good, but not worth the price. Waiter was nice, but a terrible wine recommendation...really just tried as hard as possible to push more expensive bottles rather than accommodating our preference. I've never written a negative review before so take that for what you will.Special Features:
- Great Food!!arabellaggDined on 10/2/2014Overall the food was delicious, the plates are a bit small but that is good if you want to try different things. The ambiance was great for having drinks on a date or with a group. The service was excellent. The main room in quite noisy but they also have tables available on the upper floor if you are looking for something more quiet and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiKuDined on 9/27/2014very nice restaurant... good wines and good food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and good servicepeetrhahnDined on 9/27/2014We came for dinner on a Saturday night with a group of seven. We had a reservation and were promptly seated. The restaurant interior is very interesting with beautiful wood work and geometric styling. The service was very good and helped us pick a nice variety of dishes so we could try as much as possible. Everything was delicious and everyone enjoyed their meal. The only ding I would give this place, and this was mentioned by several at our table, was the noise level. It's not club level loud, but there is just a very noticeable din in the entire dining area and it is very difficult to hear, particularly at a larger table like ours.Special Features:
- Great FoodSellingPHLDined on 9/27/2014The food here is great. It's modern Lebanese. You could easily just have a few small plates and be completely happy. But the main dishes are quite nice as well. The waiter service is excellent. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks as well. Where this place fell a bit short was in the reservations and host arena. We made reservations through Open Table for a 6 pm reservation because the next available was 9:15. When we got there at 6, we were one of only 3 tables. Yet they sat us in the back room, not the main room which is much cooler and vibrant. When we left, around 8, about half the tables were full. So 1) why no tables available on OT and 2) why put us in the back room?Special Features:
- Great experienceJillDined on 9/26/2014The ambiance is great. Downstairs is a bar, very nice settings and not too loud. We sat upstairs, which is quiet and more like a regular restaurant. Ordered duck shawarma, beef shawarma and the famous brussels sprout. Shawarma is good, but brussels sprout is to die for! I have to say I like brussels sprout in any way and this one is definitely the best the best!Special Features:
- Brussel SproutsjchobokenDined on 9/25/2014The most amazing brussel sprouts I have ever eaten!Special Features:
- Delicious!SpectacularVIPDined on 9/24/2014The food was wonderful! We ordered a bunch of small plates for our group of 6 and no one left hungry. The bar area is very swanky and fun! The only downer is that it was quite loud and difficult to hear the others at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayvlasDined on 9/20/2014Entertained clients here this past weekend. The food was just okay. Nothing was bad, nothing was great. We had the mixed appetizers for the table and everything was good, nothing was outstanding. The dips (hummus and baba) were really underwhelming. Also had the brussels sprouts and duck schwarma. I have had much better brussels sprouts at many other restaurants. These were so drowned by the other ingredients that you could barely find them. The duck schwarma was really dry. Others seemed to enjoy the mixed grill and the lamb chops. But, the next time I want excellent middle eastern food, I will go to Astoria.
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014My group could not even carry on a conversation without shouting.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2014Outstanding food for a range of people (I came with a Cordon Bleu trained chef and a two year old and both loved it). Service was great, but the noise level was too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what's going on?slw1Dined on 9/15/2014quality of food seems to have gone down significantly this year: machine chopped tabbouleh? hummus flavor off, tastes artificial. not what it used to be
- Always a great timepoachedeggloverDined on 9/14/2014I've eaten at Ilili a number of times and it's always a great experience. It's one of a kind and nostalgic trip to the levitan area of the world. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.