236 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ililinyc.com/
- Phone: 2126832929x
- Hours of Operation:
Prix Fixe Lunch Mon-Fri $22.
Prix Fixe Brunch Sat-Sun $28.
LUNCH Monday-Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm,
DINNER Monday-Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:30pm,
WEEKENDS:Saturday 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 10:30pm.
NIGHTLY:Bar & Lounge Open Till Last Call
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Philippe Massoud
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For further information, please visit our website.
- Entertainment: Entertainment is available upon request for private events.
- Special Events: Contact our Private Event Department at: (212) 481-1840
- Cross Street: Between 27th & 28th
- Public Transit: N & R Subway Lines 28th Street Stop. 6 Line on Park is near as well 28th Street Stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in a lot on 28th Street, between Broadway and 5th Avenue. Street parking is also available near restaurant.
A word from ilili
ilili is New York’s premier contemporary Lebanese restaurant offering inspired Mediterranean cuisine. The menu mixes authentic Lebanese dishes with modern Mediterranean influences to create a culinary journey for the palate and senses. Complementing the international cuisine, ilili offers an impressive wine list that includes wines from all over the world and features favorites from Lebanon and the Mediterranean. The restaurant’s decor echoes the diverse menu, combining the architectural richness of Old Lebanon with an attitude and style that is unmistakably New York. A DJ sets the mood with music from around the globe and soft, amber lighting punctuated by candles create a sexy, sophisticated atmosphere in which to enjoy a relaxed meal. The cuisine, décor and ambience come together to create a new world for your senses to explore, whispering gently in your ear, ilili.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
ilili reviews from OpenTable diners
416 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (244)good for groups (213)special occasion (154)hot spot (123)romantic (121)vibrant bar scene (111)neighborhood gem (90)great for lunch (79)late-night find (46)notable wine list (40)great for brunch (36)kid-friendly (19)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- Always a great timepoachedeggloverDined on 9/14/2014I've eaten at Ilili a number of times and it's always a great experience. It's one of a kind and nostalgic trip to the levitan area of the world. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers, salty dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I had better memories of ilili. Appetizers were delicious button dishes (octopus and a Brussels sprouts salad were too salty.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Every dish we ordered was delicious, fresh and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!tyrannosauruswrxDined on 9/13/2014These guys were awesome. Second time to ilili and it was even better than the last. Can't wait to come back again.Special Features:
- Favorite place to fine in city ....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014The food is amazing! The service is excellent! Ambiance is fantastic and overall it is a phenomenal food /dining experience ..the atmosphere is quiet and romantic with quality service. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant FlavorsFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Ilili always impresses me with the amount of vibrant flavor in each and every bite. The baba ganoush is my favorite in the area-- it's deliciously rich and creamy. The brussel sprouts are wonderful as well...the combination of the grapes, walnuts, and mint yogurt adds a sweet component to a green dish. The duck shawarma is a MUST. I was disappointed to see that there is no chicken shawarma, but once you try the duck there's no looking back. It melts in your mouth... The ambiance in Ilili is very cool-- it's trendy yet comfortable and I love the fact that if I forget to make a reservation there is often seating available in the lounge. All in all, one of my favorite restaurants around!Special Features:
- A great evening in great restaurantGeordiemagikVIPDined on 9/11/2014Illi, is a fabulous place. With one fault and it's tiny.they rang me twice and also emailed my to check I was coming... Annoying. Food was great especiallySpecial Features:
- amazing lebanese foodwakidkatDined on 9/11/2014ilili has done an amazing job knowing where and how to strike the balance between traditional Lebanese food and new and interesting twist on a culinary tradition that dates back centuries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time placeBBsbirthdayDined on 9/10/2014I celebrated my birthday at ilili and it was great to get seated at a round table as you could engage with everyone. We shared appetizers and a few entrees. The place was buzzing so great energy. The food was delicious but I would forget the lamb shank at $42 as it was so not worth it. Good service, wine list just ok. I will definitely go back especially with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to be a great mealSpencerDined on 9/10/2014Fantastic food, fantastic service. I would eat here every night. What to get: Hummus naturally Brussel sprouts The French fries. I know weird but trust me. Scallops Lamb meatballs Cheese rolls ShrimpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lebanese FoodrhswitzerlandDined on 9/7/2014If you go to Ilili make sure you get a table where there is enough light... Unfortunately we were seated on the oposite and could hardly see the menue or the dishes they have served. And that is a shame because the food quality is really very nice. It is a place you could return but it would be even nicer if they improve the lights.Special Features:
- LovejessatoDined on 9/6/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. Everything about our experience was perfect, except for that we ordered way too much food! Go for a special occasion. Love.Special Features:
- Good pick for casual drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014This place is ideal for group drinks or meet ups. Food is excellent and ambiance is fun and lively. No issues for entrance or waiting because this place is really huge inside. Staff is also very respectful and courteous. Good dining experience overall!Special Features:
- Dissapointingluv2dineDined on 9/3/2014A little noisy but delicious.The restaurant has good potential but lighting could use improvement too. Food super!Special Features:
- Speed eatingEateatDined on 9/3/2014Our appetizers and main dish came out at the same time. I never felt so rushed through a meal before. The first floor is pretty but much to loud . The second floor is ugly (really!) and quiet. Pita was delish and so was the brussel sprouts. Meal was ruinec by awful service of rushed food. Oh also when I got there they claimed they didn't have my reservation, but of course they did.,Special Features:
- one of my favouriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2014Must is the Brussels Sprouts. Nice atmosphere and is very good for groups. Service is good and friendly and they have the tendency of advising ordering too much.Special Features:
- Delicious foodmunchkinfaceDined on 8/29/2014It was me and my partner's 4th year anniversary and i mentioned that on the notes section when i made the reservation. When we got to the restaurant, we both received champagne and was congratulated by our server, which felt really great. The food is delicious!!! I've never been to a mediterranean restaurant before so our server explained everything to us. The mixed grill platter was very delicious, not to mention the garlic whip that came with it!! Will def be back, thank you for making our dinner amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Seating not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The outer dining area left much to be designed, but rumor has it the seating in the back is more fit for the for restaurant so if you can ask to be seated there.
- its ok.VisitingNYCDined on 8/26/2014The manager saved the night, he recomended 3 main courses and we loved them. but the waiters are never available. But the food its good.Special Features:
- delicious, excellent foodnoonisVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent turkish-based Mediterranean food. all the food was terrific.Special Features:
- KitKatDined on 8/26/2014Great place in all respects. I would have given 5 stars except the music is always way too loud in the dining area. You literally have to scream to have a conversation, which takes away from the overall experience. Ambiance was rated 3 rather than 5 due to loud music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique dining experienceBronxFoodieDined on 8/23/2014If your looking for something different I suggest giving this restaurant a try. It's not cheap but you will enjoy the food, staff and the energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jnvaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always love coming to ilili. This time the entrees were not as amazing as they normally are (trout and leg of lamb). Appz were very good - bone marror, falafels, brussel sprouts. Wasn't very happy with my drinks -- a little too sweet. Must have been an off night for them or me! Service was very good. Will continue to go back, as past experiences of food were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i heart ililiNYFoodieDined on 8/21/2014The food is so delicious! Brilliant flavours. Fresh. Well presented. Good for sharing. Standout items were the brussel sprouts (appetizer, served with red grapes and walnuts) and the lamb (entrée). The service was attentive without being annoying. The ambiance modern and vibrant (albeit a little noisy) but not pretentious at all. I can't wait to go back. Oh, and there's happy hour cocktails at the bar until 7:30pm!Special Features:
- Great choice for bondingEllieVIPDined on 8/21/2014The round table and passing the small dishes make for a very interactive, convivial experience.
- Great for all occasionskhynycDined on 8/19/2014I first came here with my boss and coworkers, because our boss was affiliated with the chef of the restaurant. When I tried their brussels sprouts for the first time I was blown away. I've never been a huge meat eater, especially kabobs never made into my list. Yet when I tried ilili's, they were the most delicious meats I haven't had in a while. Service was superb, and the staffs are super friendly and professional. Good to have you guys in the neighborhood. :)Special Features:
- Ilili is GREAT!LauraDined on 8/18/2014I've been to Ilili numerous times. Whether you like Kibbeh Nayeh and other meat items or are a vegetarian, you will not be disappointed. The kibbeh is outstanding, as is the duck schwarma. The brussel sprouts with fig is delish - one of the best things on the menu. The kale and mixed greens is really wonderful too. I can not say enough about Ilili. The wine list is good and very affordable. The servers are all very accomodating and very customer service orientated. In addition, they are knowledgeable and if you weren't sure about what to get, trust their suggestions! The only negative is the ambiance is okay. I've been seated in the room without windows - I guess facing a wall. They put curtains up, so it's okay, the room is bland.Special Features:
- Good FindGoodVIPDined on 8/18/2014Very interesting interior. Tasty Lebanese food. We did enjoy itSpecial Features:
- Great LebaneseCharlesRDined on 8/16/2014Best Lebanese food we have eaten in New York. As you would expect, very strong vegetarian offerings (we took an Indian family who are vegan) and everyone had plenty of delicious food.Special Features:
- Great for restaurant week!nyceats123Dined on 8/15/2014The deal is amazing for restaurant week - you get more than your money's worth! For vegetarians, the appetizers are much more appealing than the main course options. Falafel was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love IlilikbnyVIPDined on 8/14/2014What a great Restaurant Week meal we had. We sat upstairs where it is quieter, Love their muhamara, the kale fatuosh and cauliflower starter were excellent and the Phonecian Fries were delectable. We had the branzino & the risotto and everyone loved their entree. For dessert the Ilili Candy Bar and the Labne Cheese cake were fantastic. Service was very good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We went for lunch during Restaurant week and loved the food. However the service could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!foodie123Dined on 8/13/2014I've been wanting to try Ilili for awhile and I'm glad I finally made it there! The food and service were amazing! I have already recommended to friends and can't wait to go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good restaurantlibraDined on 8/13/2014we loved the dinner we had during restaurant week. very different and tasty food, good service and nice open atmosphere. I recommend trying it!Special Features:
- Best Lebanese in New YorkFlatbushBoyDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant serves up the best Lebanese cuisine in New York, albeit pricey at times. Portions are generous and are appropriate for sharing, which is the way Mediterranean food should be taken - with a group of friends and some nice wines from the Bekaa valley. The setting is very nicely done. The upstairs room is quieter, but a little bit claustrophobic and not as pretty as the first floor spaces. We had hummus with pine nuts, melted halloumi cheese, grilled brussels sprouts, grilled octopus and the branzino - absolutely delicious. Service was attentive and friendly, and the server was good about telling us how much food to order and her recommendations were spot on.Special Features:
- HappyeaterVIPDined on 8/13/2014pretty good food but over-priced for what it is, service is a bit unevenSpecial Features:
- Amazing!JimgemDined on 8/12/2014Everything was delicious. We did the restaurant week menu and couldn't fault a single item! We left full to the brim and very happy. Will definitely be returning for more Lebanese delightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 8/11/2014This is probably one of the best deals for NYC Restaurant Week as there are so many dishes to choose from and the servings are generous. The appetizers alone are enough to get you full. But the food is so good, you'll continue to eat thru the 3-course meal. Everything was excellent, but I highly recommend the steak tartare and the meatballs appetizers. The rib eye is delicious too, although it's gonna be an extra $12. Service was friendly and attentive. We were seated in the rear seating area, where it was quieter, although I prefer the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodDoubleDateDined on 8/11/2014My friends and I double dated here during restaurant week and other than being placed in a different section of the restaurant we couldn't tell we were eating form a different menu. The food was absolutely delicious and the man that served us was spectacular and funny as well. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise and SaltrudedudeoffoodDined on 8/11/2014Crowded tables and lots of noise, so not a place for intimate conversation. Appetizers were good, if not remarkable. My lamb shank had been so over salted that it was inedible, even with all the yogurt one might pour over it. The staff was solicitous and concerned, offering another entree, but the first few bites of all that salt had left me nauseous. My wife's branzino was good.Special Features: