236 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ililinyc.com/
- Phone: 2126832929
- Hours of Operation:
Prix Fixe Lunch Mon-Fri $22.
Prix Fixe Brunch Sat-Sun $28.
LUNCH Monday-Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm,
DINNER Monday-Wednesday 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Thursday 5:30pm - 11:30pm,
WEEKENDS:Saturday 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 10:30pm.
NIGHTLY:Bar & Lounge Open Till Last Call
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Philippe Massoud
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For further information, please visit our website.
- Entertainment: Entertainment is available upon request for private events.
- Special Events: Contact our Private Event Department at: (212) 481-1840
- Cross Street: Between 27th & 28th
- Public Transit: N & R Subway Lines 28th Street Stop. 6 Line on Park is near as well 28th Street Stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in a lot on 28th Street, between Broadway and 5th Avenue. Street parking is also available near restaurant.
A word from ilili
ilili is New York’s premier contemporary Lebanese restaurant offering inspired Mediterranean cuisine. The menu mixes authentic Lebanese dishes with modern Mediterranean influences to create a culinary journey for the palate and senses. Complementing the international cuisine, ilili offers an impressive wine list that includes wines from all over the world and features favorites from Lebanon and the Mediterranean. The restaurant’s decor echoes the diverse menu, combining the architectural richness of Old Lebanon with an attitude and style that is unmistakably New York. A DJ sets the mood with music from around the globe and soft, amber lighting punctuated by candles create a sexy, sophisticated atmosphere in which to enjoy a relaxed meal. The cuisine, décor and ambience come together to create a new world for your senses to explore, whispering gently in your ear, ilili.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
ilili reviews from OpenTable diners
408 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (237)good for groups (203)special occasion (160)romantic (116)hot spot (114)vibrant bar scene (111)neighborhood gem (87)great for lunch (80)late-night find (43)great for brunch (42)notable wine list (40)kid-friendly (24)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (4)Show More
- its ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The manager saved the night, he recomended 3 main courses and we loved them. but the waiters are never available. But the food its good.Special Features:
- delicious, excellent foodnoonisVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent turkish-based Mediterranean food. all the food was terrific.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Great place in all respects. I would have given 5 stars except the music is always way too loud in the dining area. You literally have to scream to have a conversation, which takes away from the overall experience. Ambiance was rated 3 rather than 5 due to loud music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique dining experienceBronxFoodieDined on 8/23/2014If your looking for something different I suggest giving this restaurant a try. It's not cheap but you will enjoy the food, staff and the energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jnvaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always love coming to ilili. This time the entrees were not as amazing as they normally are (trout and leg of lamb). Appz were very good - bone marror, falafels, brussel sprouts. Wasn't very happy with my drinks -- a little too sweet. Must have been an off night for them or me! Service was very good. Will continue to go back, as past experiences of food were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i heart ililiNYFoodieDined on 8/21/2014The food is so delicious! Brilliant flavours. Fresh. Well presented. Good for sharing. Standout items were the brussel sprouts (appetizer, served with red grapes and walnuts) and the lamb (entrée). The service was attentive without being annoying. The ambiance modern and vibrant (albeit a little noisy) but not pretentious at all. I can't wait to go back. Oh, and there's happy hour cocktails at the bar until 7:30pm!Special Features:
- Great choice for bondingEllieVIPDined on 8/21/2014The round table and passing the small dishes make for a very interactive, convivial experience.
- Great for all occasionskhynycDined on 8/19/2014I first came here with my boss and coworkers, because our boss was affiliated with the chef of the restaurant. When I tried their brussels sprouts for the first time I was blown away. I've never been a huge meat eater, especially kabobs never made into my list. Yet when I tried ilili's, they were the most delicious meats I haven't had in a while. Service was superb, and the staffs are super friendly and professional. Good to have you guys in the neighborhood. :)Special Features:
- Good FindGoodVIPDined on 8/18/2014Very interesting interior. Tasty Lebanese food. We did enjoy itSpecial Features:
- Great LebaneseCharlesRDined on 8/16/2014Best Lebanese food we have eaten in New York. As you would expect, very strong vegetarian offerings (we took an Indian family who are vegan) and everyone had plenty of delicious food.Special Features:
- Great for restaurant week!nyceats123Dined on 8/15/2014The deal is amazing for restaurant week - you get more than your money's worth! For vegetarians, the appetizers are much more appealing than the main course options. Falafel was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love IlilikbnyVIPDined on 8/14/2014What a great Restaurant Week meal we had. We sat upstairs where it is quieter, Love their muhamara, the kale fatuosh and cauliflower starter were excellent and the Phonecian Fries were delectable. We had the branzino & the risotto and everyone loved their entree. For dessert the Ilili Candy Bar and the Labne Cheese cake were fantastic. Service was very good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We went for lunch during Restaurant week and loved the food. However the service could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!foodie123Dined on 8/13/2014I've been wanting to try Ilili for awhile and I'm glad I finally made it there! The food and service were amazing! I have already recommended to friends and can't wait to go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good restaurantlibraDined on 8/13/2014we loved the dinner we had during restaurant week. very different and tasty food, good service and nice open atmosphere. I recommend trying it!Special Features:
- Best Lebanese in New YorkFlatbushBoyDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant serves up the best Lebanese cuisine in New York, albeit pricey at times. Portions are generous and are appropriate for sharing, which is the way Mediterranean food should be taken - with a group of friends and some nice wines from the Bekaa valley. The setting is very nicely done. The upstairs room is quieter, but a little bit claustrophobic and not as pretty as the first floor spaces. We had hummus with pine nuts, melted halloumi cheese, grilled brussels sprouts, grilled octopus and the branzino - absolutely delicious. Service was attentive and friendly, and the server was good about telling us how much food to order and her recommendations were spot on.Special Features:
- HappyeaterVIPDined on 8/13/2014pretty good food but over-priced for what it is, service is a bit unevenSpecial Features:
- Amazing!JimgemDined on 8/12/2014Everything was delicious. We did the restaurant week menu and couldn't fault a single item! We left full to the brim and very happy. Will definitely be returning for more Lebanese delightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 8/11/2014This is probably one of the best deals for NYC Restaurant Week as there are so many dishes to choose from and the servings are generous. The appetizers alone are enough to get you full. But the food is so good, you'll continue to eat thru the 3-course meal. Everything was excellent, but I highly recommend the steak tartare and the meatballs appetizers. The rib eye is delicious too, although it's gonna be an extra $12. Service was friendly and attentive. We were seated in the rear seating area, where it was quieter, although I prefer the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodDoubleDateDined on 8/11/2014My friends and I double dated here during restaurant week and other than being placed in a different section of the restaurant we couldn't tell we were eating form a different menu. The food was absolutely delicious and the man that served us was spectacular and funny as well. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise and SaltrudedudeoffoodDined on 8/11/2014Crowded tables and lots of noise, so not a place for intimate conversation. Appetizers were good, if not remarkable. My lamb shank had been so over salted that it was inedible, even with all the yogurt one might pour over it. The staff was solicitous and concerned, offering another entree, but the first few bites of all that salt had left me nauseous. My wife's branzino was good.Special Features:
- GirlsnightGirlslovewineDined on 8/11/2014We loved ilili! I came here with a friend. The food was delicious and the service was great. We sat in the upstairs area and it had a great atmosphere. The menu had really good vegetarian options. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The waitress, and hosts were great! The bus people are either really slow or don't come back with what you requested. The vegetarian appetizers were amazing. The hummus was so smooth- we added Jalapeno to it, just divine. The cauliflower was grilled to perfection and the moussaka was flavorful. The meat dishes weren't out of the ordinary. I ordered the Sea Scallops. The scallops were cooked perfectly, but they put a lot of lemon rinds to the top which over powered the delicate scallop. I had to scrap that off. All in all, it was a great night. Our waitress was great.Special Features:
- ilili ExperienceJimpetDined on 8/11/2014Nice, chic restaurant with new twists on traditional Lebanese cuisine.Special Features:
- One of best, decade dining in NYC.SlohrDined on 8/11/2014One of my favorite meals after a decade dining in NYC. I didn't know Lebanese food was so incredible.. and our server Nassir was sweet, patient and professional. The host too, was gracious and friendly. My friend and I shared the brussel sprouts, hummus, branzino, phoenician fries--all so delicious and then came the dessert that blew our minds--Ashta, "traditional lebanese clotted cream, rose water syrup" and berries. Definitely worth frequenting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDinerDined on 8/10/2014This is basically a mideastern fusion restaurant, with overpriced food and waiters who are ready to pounce and take away your plate before you are done. The room is pleasant, the food is so so. We had not been to this restaurant before, and thought we'd give it a try. We love mideastern food, and perhaps one problem was that this is not listed as a fusion restaurant. Not bad, but not what we hoped for.
- Awesome FoodFoodCrazeDined on 8/9/2014The place has amazing food, I do wish they had more chicken options, pita bread is best partSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the lambOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I ended up choosing the lamb dip for lunch and was so glad that I did. The croutons in the lentil soup dissolve and bring a nice garlicky flavor to the whole bowl. The cheesecake was light and the rhubarb was a great touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014We loved everything we tried. Each appetizer and entree was prepared perfectly and were extremely flavorful. The Lamb Makloubeh entree was delicious and tender. The portions are a good size. The desserts were incredible. We had the traditional Lebanese dessert and the sweet cheese tart which we couldn't get enough of. They do use a lot of rose water flavoring for the desserts. I personally loved it but others may not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IliliAnnegwshDined on 8/7/2014We had such a great experience at Ilili. The waiter was extremely helpful, with a thourough knowledge of the menu and great suggestions. All of the food was delicious. Would definately recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious, huge & loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014very good mediterranean food. huge, massive, loud restaurant. not cozy and quaint--but very good food. good wine too. i'd think would be good for a large work group in particularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AppsBruce706Dined on 8/7/2014I loved my hummus! Fantastic bread and wonderful cold fluke. My Bronzino entree was only fair and dessert was good (some kind of chocolate cake with a cookie crunch). Service was only fair. The entrees came out the second our apps were done and the drinks took forever.Special Features:
- NOT your old Cedars of Lebanonopera1VIPDined on 8/7/2014This is upscale, contemporary, and New York. It is NOT cosy, actually rather barnlike with high ceilings, wood walls. Not MY taste aesthetically but it certainly is attractive in its way. Much too noisy even when not crowded. All of that may appeal to the younger crowd they want to appeal to. The menu is "interesting" and fortunately we had a marvelous waiter who really explained what everything was. Aside from the overly lemony (and I thought I could never have too much lemon) kale salad, our selections were quite delicious. The lamb-shank sandwich was better than I could have dreamed, and the desserts (VERY small!) were delicious. I'd be pleased to return tho wouldn't necessarily choose to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Lebanese foodfoodforthoughtDined on 8/6/2014Went here for restaurant week, which was a great deal. Between two people, you get 4 appetizers, 2 mains and 2 desserts. All the appetizers were so fresh and delicious, with the cauliflower and moussaka as my favorites. The pillow pocket pita bread that accompanied it was perfect, soft and warm as they bring it out. It's worth paying the extra money for the scallops as they were seasoned and cooked perfectly - definitely the highlight of the meal. And the cheese cake was a wonderful surprise! Sweet yet tart and not too rich. Overall, amazing experience and would definitely recommend this place for a romantic or business dinner.Special Features:
- Great Find!ChelseaFoodieDined on 8/6/2014We went to Ilili during Restaurant Week and were pleasantly surprised. It's noisy in the bar area, which was quite busy, but this restaurant has several nooks for quiet dining. The food and service were exceptional. The small plates are good for a meal by themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive MediterraneanZsuzsikaDined on 8/6/2014Like finding a secret spot. Make sure you don't walk past this fabulous restaurant! Ordered a variety of appetizers to construct a delicious, flavor-rich lunch to linger over. Since it was crowded, we were seated upstairs - which although less noisy, somewhat diminished the ambiance. The outstanding food and service made up for that though. Highly recommend for a rare culinary experience.Special Features:
- Awesome food, smart staff recsSethHVIPDined on 8/5/2014Last minute late night dinning decision that will surely be in my top 5 go-to restaurants. Great hummus, meatballs and feta apps... Steak was awesome but I was already full when it can. Staff steered us to a great combination of appetizers. The candy bar dessert was unbelievable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ilovefoodDined on 8/5/2014A modern twist on traditional Lebanese flavors. Was here to celebrate a birthday and got to take advantage of the Restaurant Week menu. The food was very good overall. Some of the appetizers were excellent, others less successful. Scallops were flavorful and well-cooked. Our server was attentive and friendly. The major drawback was the noise level - it was a too loud to comfortably have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Ilili, but not the back roomDavidCDined on 8/5/2014I have eaten at Ilili many times and will go back in the future. Their wine list is a good match for the food and they have a reasonable corkage policy (except for large groups) with good service (e.g., glasses, decanting). The food is always great and the best Lebanese in NYC. Service is knowledgeable, helpful, and there when you need it. This dining experience only gets 4 stars instead of 5 because we were seated in the back or side room to the restaurant which has low ceilings and is poorly lit, particularly along the far wall. Avoid that and you will surely have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food!Foodlover12Dined on 8/5/2014I went to the restaurant for restaurant week 2014 for lunch and i can't wait to go back for dinner and order from the full menu. Everything was great! Desert was to die for. The service was great our waiter was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.