211 Berlin Rd
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilvillaggiocherryhill.com/
- Phone: 8567951778x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
A word from Il Villaggio
Our team provides a comfortable, old-world atmosphere with an emphasis on quality and style, with special attention to preferences. Il Villaggio also has customized menu options and private rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Il Villaggio - Best Restaurants in Cherry Hill ›
Il Villaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)romantic (43)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (28)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- BabeDined on 9/6/2014Great food and service, Too full for dessert I would highly recommend. Casual dining no need to dress.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningBMMBAMDined on 9/5/2014Went with another couple. Andi was our waiter and couldn't have been better. Second time there and the food was delicious. From salmon to pasta to gauchapo to mozzarella with fresh tomatoes. The shrimp bisque soup got rave reviews. Alwasy leave satisfied but never so stuffed that you are uncomfortable (we have all been there with that feeling). Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the private Dining roomDissapointingDishVIPDined on 8/27/2014Had a wonderful lunch. Sensational service. Food fantastic. Never knew this place was a chain .. NY..& Northern . N.J. It was a tad eerie to have an entire restaurant to ourselves. No other people other than the waiter. As we walked in, 2 men walked out that had eaten before us. That was it. No other people in the entire very large restaurant A beautiful place..w/several rooms Think the waiter was glad for company, he practically had lunch w/us Kept apologizing for lack of people Said it is a bad week, last hurrah at the shore & the holiday weekend coming up. I hope this place makes it..it was about the best meal I had in awhile. Had lobster ravioli..my friend had veal in brown sauce & ravedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOBMidgeVIPDined on 8/16/2014One of the best upscale Italian places that is BYOB. Outside option was great.Special Features:
- Restaraunt week or main menuStephenVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Il Villaggio and this time was even better than the first! My fiancée had wanted a chicken dish prepared with veal instead and the chef readily complied and did an excellent job! I ordered from the Restaurant Week Menu and the crab cake appetizer, we shared, was excellent and flavorful. The braised lamb shank over orzo was tender and succulent and the Chocolate Soufflé was deemed, "amazing", by my other half (a true chocaholic)! Service was great and we ate outdoors on their enclosed patio and the night could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinaDined on 8/12/2014Really nice place - good food, good service, good ambiance. The creme brulee was the best creme brulee I've ever tasted!Special Features:
- Better than the last place2ndTimerDined on 8/12/2014Went to this spot when ran by previous owners, this was soooo much better. Everyone enjoyed their meals and would go back again. They are very accommodating and will adjust their menu however you request.Special Features:
- PleasantLoisDined on 8/10/2014There were four of us in our party. Two of us had the Bronzino filet, one had filet and one had the veal shank. All good. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Gemfood4thoughtDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant four times, however our last experience was not good; so when I said let's go to Il Villaggio for dinner he was reluctant to return. I however think that anyone can have an off night and since each time before was good I wanted to give it another shot. It was just as good as the first couple of times we dined there. We had a great waiter this time. He was very attentive. Both of our meals were excellent. Will definitely be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food ambiance and servicethanksDined on 7/24/2014Everything was great. This is a BYOB which helps keeps the tab down. Although food was reasonably priced and worth every cent. Creme brulé cheesecake was fabulous. We dined on the patio. It was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodWifeofjeffVIPDined on 7/24/2014Wow! So glad we got over our "this used to be Nonna's" hang up about this restaurant and tried Il Vilaggio recently. Excellent service, wonderful food. We were there for Farm to Fork week and every one of our 4 courses was wonderful. How can you beat a BYOB with stellar service, wonderful food preparations, and lots of menu variety to choose from? We will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doinkerVIPDined on 7/23/2014Lovely atmosphere especially on Wednesday night when there is music. The food is very good, the portions sizeable, and the prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I were looking for someplace different than our usual 3 or 4 restaurants and decided to give Il Villaggio a try. It was a wonderful surprise to have such a terrific place only minutes from home. The weather was very pleasant so we chose to sit on the outdoor patio and enjoyed dinner alfresco. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant, our meal arrived in due time, and the food was excellent. The limeonchello we received at the end of the meal was a very nice touch. Will definitely return...Special Features:
- restaurantrickVIPDined on 7/12/2014they go out every weekend this was recommended to me from a friend little disappointing crab cocktailwas horrible they do not use jumbo lump crab meat my veal dish had no tasteSpecial Features:
- terraceFoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. The food is always quite good and sometimes exceptional. The wait staff is very well trained and the service always excellent. The restaurant has an absolutely charming patio that is behind the restaurant and sheilded from the noise of the street (quite busy) the restaurant is located on. The area is quite secluded and really well appointed with flowers, grape vines and such giving it an italian feel. They frequently have a musician playing very quiet keyboards on the terrace. Just perfect for a quiet evening with one or a few.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service enjoyed our entrees.CJG4Dined on 6/28/2014I was curious to try the restaurant, as my husband had attended many catered work related meetings here. He always raved about the food so we decided to go for my birthday. Unfortunately, our appetizer was less than appetizing! Cold sliced tomatoes with soft mozzarella cheese a snippet of basil and drizzled balsamic/olive oil appeared. It looked pretty- albeit ridiculously small for $12.00. The cold tomatoes (refrigerated??) really turned me off and it fell apart upon trying to share it-actually became an awful mess. This should not be on the menu. We both enjoyed our entrees. I prefer more casual dining so it was probably a one-time visit for us.. maybe if we hadn't ordered that appetizer I would feel differently!Special Features:
- Not so great!MicheleDined on 6/27/2014First time at Il Villagio. Food was just okay and service was very annoying. Waiter did not stop interrupting us and we felt very rushed throughout dinner, even though our reservation was for 5:15 and the restaurant was empty. Overpriced for fair food.
- BigHDined on 6/23/2014Lunch was great. Food tops, service great and the price is right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJBMoneyDined on 6/22/2014food and service was very good, I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family. The beet salad was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Try !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The food , service and ambiance are wonderful. This time of year through the fall they have great outdoor dining space. The staff is super. Everyone truly aims to meet and exceed your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner.AnnKathrynDined on 6/21/2014This was the first time all four of us had been there. We hate restaurants that are very noisy, and at Il Villaggio we were able to converse all evening without a problem. The waiter was unobtrusive and helpful. Every dish was wonderful, and we felt that the total bill was very reasonable. We'll definitely go again.Special Features:
- The Best Neighborhood Restaurant!WinendineDined on 6/21/2014This is a restaurant that we absolutely love and keep coming back to. It is simple- the food is good, the service is great, BYOB and it is in our neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definite comeback!!JudyODined on 6/21/2014This was a special occasion dinner with family and friends. The food was fabulous. The service flawless. Each course was presented beautifully and tasted even better than it looked. Don't miss the fantastic find in Cherry Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to be a regular here!ReetVIPDined on 6/15/2014About a month ago we had our privated party here & everything went very well. Excellent food & wonderful service! What more can you want?? Also having one of the owners everytime we go is key. That personal touch promts us to want to go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our new favorites....KathyDined on 6/15/2014THANK YOU, Il Villagio....Your restaurant quickly became one of our favorite spots. From the excellent food to the impeccable service and attention to detail, you have never disappointed us. We are so excited to finally have a fine dining BYOB in Cherry Hill that truly cares about the customer and the foodie experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/14/2014Had a great dinner with very good service. Always enjoy going to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceRachaelCDined on 6/13/2014I took my mother here for her birthday and I could not have been more pleased. The service was incredibly professional and friendly. We had mussels as our appetizer: they were plump and perfectly cooked and the red sauce was to die for. I had the veal chop that was on special: crispy on the outside unbelievably tender on the inside and perfected seasoned. My mother loved her Veal with Mushrooms. I will definitely recommend this restaurant. Their coffee was excellent too.Special Features:
- chasnanVIPDined on 6/11/2014Food was good service was good very nice spot to have dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning ExperiencemtstomachDined on 6/7/2014Good Italian place in South Jersey. Enjoyed the food. Service was outstanding. The waiter and the owner were really gracious and took pride in making our experience great. The live music on the outdoor patio was a treat. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Just okGeorge66Dined on 6/6/2014Obviously the people that rated this place very high do not get out all that much. I found the staff very friendly and our waiter in particular knowledgeable about the menu. The ambiance was good too. The food was just ok. Nothing we ate really stood out or was something we could rave about the next day. In my opinion, for just an average meal the prices may be too high. If you are looking for a little excitement in your food this may not be what you are looking for.Special Features:
- charmingFoodieVIPDined on 5/30/2014We've eaten at this restaurant several times now. The food and the service are incredible. However this time we ate out on the patio. The first day of the season it was open. It's located behind the building so it's shielded from the traffic noise unlike so many other places. The area is quite secluded and very peaceful. I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good ItaliandiningoutVIPDined on 5/28/2014I was at this location when it was called another name. The food was excellent. They had someone playing the violin. It was a bit loud despite it not being busy at that point. Definitely will go back for seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being back in Rome ....OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/21/2014"The best gnocchi this side of Rome! The ambience and food were so authentic that upon exiting one would be able to meander about an Italian piazza rather than be in Cherry Hill, NJ." Those are the words of a friend who had lived in Rome for five years. He was delighted that we had introduced him to il Villaggio on our recent visit. My husband and I have been dining at the restaurant since May 2013. Among my favorites is Veal Tre Fungi, and I must say, it was excellent before, but now it is superb! The wait staff is attentive and professional; the atmosphere is elegant, yet relaxed. T'boftë mire! Buon appetito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buon Apetito!skibunny99Dined on 5/19/2014This was a last minute reservation for our anniversary and we were very happy they are open late. The service & attention was great from the moment we arrived. Our food was delicious! We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- GraduationilvsnowDined on 5/19/2014We made reservations to celebrate a graduation. Having never been there before wenhoped for the best. We wer notbdisappointed. Neverything was wonderful! The food and service exceptional! Although we live an hour away we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Il Villaggio reviews archive.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/17/2014There we four in our group, our waiter Michael, was over the top in trying to be friendly. He shook everyone's hand which was odd and tried to be funny. The wait staff and busers seemed to lack training and were un-attentive. Our waiter couldn't answer a few simple question about the food on the menu, for example, he didn't know what Rock Shrimp were. Two of our dinners had to be returned. The manager did the right thing by taking the dinners off the bill and offered replacement dinners to take home. The manager said the pasta should have been run through one more time to make it thinner and blamed it on someone new in the kitchen. This was another example of lack of training on managements part.
- Enjoyed!sgoukDined on 5/14/2014It is a nice place for a quiet meal. Enjoyed the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Villaggio made Mom happyGriffDined on 5/11/2014We took the whole family to Il Villaggio to celebrate Mothers Day this year and our party of nine was glad we did. The special Mothers Day menu had a great variety of selections and there was something for everyone. The food was good and our server was excellent. This Cherry Hill BYOB is a great place for large parties or a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food at this restaurant is good but the wait time is totally unacceptable. We had a reservation for 7:30 pm and did not get seated until almost 8:30. The waiter came and told us about half the specials and didn't return right away. We overheard the waiter at the next table and realized there were other specials so we asked him to be our waiter. We did not leave the restaurant until almost 11:00. We don't mind a leisurely dinner but only if we're be served and most of the time isn't spent waiting.Special Features:
- Il Villaggio gets better and betteritzarobVIPDined on 5/10/2014The food justs gets better and better and never a disappointment. Seafood pasta, scallops, shrimp, mussels, very good. The mozarella special appy with eggplant-excellent. Veal dishes, very good as well as the chicken dish. 4 of us for dinner, very good service, buy night but no rush on service or to turn the table. everything was good right down to the caramel cheese cake and the chocolate souffle.Special Features: