211 Berlin Rd
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilvillaggiocherryhill.com/
- Phone: (856) 795-1778
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
A word from Il Villaggio
Our team provides a comfortable, old-world atmosphere with an emphasis on quality and style, with special attention to preferences. Il Villaggio also has customized menu options and private rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Il Villaggio - Best Restaurants in Cherry Hill ›
Il Villaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)good for groups (41)romantic (37)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014this was by far the best restaurant I have ever been to in my entire life. Having had dinner at the greatest finest restaurants around the world nothing compares to the food and the service in this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THEBARONVIPDined on 11/21/2014GREAT AS ALWAYS!! LOVED THE VEAL AND SALMON. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will surely come againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014This was my first visit to Il Villagio and I was very impressed. The food was amazing and the service was great. I was visiting for a business lunch and it was the perfect location for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place if you don't mind waiting!SusanDined on 11/15/2014We had a reservation but waited a LONG time in spite of it. Tables were VERY close together. Food was delicious. Service once we were seated was excellent....the problem was getting seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was excellent.GaryDDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I truly enjoyed our experience at Il Villaggio. The dining room is just like being in Italy. The staff were great and the food was superior. We highly recommend this restaurant for those seeking outstanding food in an authetic Italian atmosphere. I can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful and deliciousAndreaLeeVIPDined on 11/12/2014Couldn't believe they had been open 3 yrs. and I hadn't been there. First impression is the true tuscan atmosphere. You ciould be in Italy. It was empty at lunch time but the service was top notch as we sat near the beautiful fireplace. The menu selections as well as the mind blowing specials were over the top. The food lived up to the description and beyond. Can't wait to go back for dinner. Best of all it's BYOB. It should be noted that they have accommodations for private parties and a lovely terrace for dinning al fresco weather permitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotFoodieblogDined on 11/11/2014Our first time there to celebrate our 3 year anniversary! The server was a professional from start to finish. He recommended food for me when I could not decide. He paid much attention to detail. I would like to go back and get him again. The food was cooked perfect and came out in the perfect intervals. We did not feel rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014Too crowded, too noisy, too hurried, too chaotic. Maybe it was just an unusual evening for what was previously a true delight.
- Food and service were very good.AbuelaalegreDined on 11/5/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the professional service and the atmosphere including the crackling fireplace. The food was delicious and fresh. The fact that it is a BYOB adds to the desire to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealJoyceNJDined on 11/1/2014With good friends and good food what could make our night better? Nothing! Food was wonderful. No one rushed us. Service was fabulous. All and all a really nice restaurant. Looking forward to going back. PS the only reason I used 4 stars for ambiance was because we were very warm in the "old waiting room" section of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatrVIPDined on 11/1/2014Had a lovely meal with friends Daturday night. Service and food r cellant.Special Features:
- IMPECCABLE SERVICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing as always, but what seems to impress me the most is the service. The staff is so professional and make every effort to make sure you feel welcome, comfortable and well taken care of. From the minute you sit down until you leave, they are on top of everything in a very timely matter. You never find yourself waiting for a water refill, to put in a food order or even just to have them follow up and make sure everything is okay. They are fantastic. And yes, the food is consistently delicious! Love it here and will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2014I have been to Il Villagio several times, and the food never disappoints! Our waiter was attentive but not intrusive. Tonight there was a large party in another room which raised the noise level. Usually it is quite quiet. We were offered a wonderful after dinner drink as a thank you for tolerating the party noise (which really was not that bad). Excellent, fresh and creative food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad EveningBrunhildeVIPDined on 10/22/2014Hopefully our last experience was an exception and not a new trend. The kitchen was beyond slow despite the fact that their were very few patrons at the time we placed our order. Portions were very small. My husband's duck was VERY over cooked (in addition to it being a very small portion). The remainder of the food was very unappetizing. It will be awhile before we return. Hopefully the next experience will be better.
- Great Experience!LBILadyVIPDined on 10/19/2014Regular menu is nicely diversified and executed well. The specials on offer were really interesting and very tasty! Short rib special melted in your mouth and the homemade gnocchi was especially notable. We will be back!Special Features:
- JJSCHVIPDined on 10/11/2014A true gem and one of the finest restaurants in South Jersey.Special Features:
- Very disappointed!AMDRGDined on 10/4/2014Went for dinner with a group of 5. I was very excited due to others reviews and the atmosphere of the restaurant. The wait staff was very friendly. The Shrimp bisque came out with two tiny shrimp floating on top. It took over an hour for the entrees. I looked around, no one seemed to have food. When the food came out, we were told that the wait was due to the whole wheat cappellini taking longer than expected to cook. This was my entree, it was overcooked. I didn't realize until I came home that they forgot the asparagus. Others at the table complained about pasta also being over cooked. We walked out of the restaurant silent and disappointed. In conclusion, I wanted to love it, but sadly was disappointed.Special Features:
- BabeDined on 10/4/2014Second time here and was another great meal! We ttok a friend from out of town and he also loved the dinner. Server was lovely , polite and did not rush us. Bread is amazing!Special Features:
- CometVIPDined on 9/21/2014Great food and outstanding service always. We eat here regularly and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlfrescobrandusgeeDined on 9/20/2014Dining outdoors is definitely the way to go at Il Villaggio. Great atmosphere, nicely kept grounds, and patio heat lanterns make for a very pleasant dinner. While the inside of the restaurant is very nice and equipped for large groups, it also is a bit crowded and the noise level is significantly greater. The gnocchi adriatico and lamb shank were delicious as was the chocolate souffle. The staff was very courteous if maybe a tad slow on the beverage refills.Special Features:
- BabeDined on 9/6/2014Great food and service, Too full for dessert I would highly recommend. Casual dining no need to dress.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningBMMBAMDined on 9/5/2014Went with another couple. Andi was our waiter and couldn't have been better. Second time there and the food was delicious. From salmon to pasta to gauchapo to mozzarella with fresh tomatoes. The shrimp bisque soup got rave reviews. Alwasy leave satisfied but never so stuffed that you are uncomfortable (we have all been there with that feeling). Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayFoodieDined on 9/2/2014Was disappointed in food after all I heard just so so food was bland
- Had the private Dining roomDissapointingDishVIPDined on 8/27/2014Had a wonderful lunch. Sensational service. Food fantastic. Never knew this place was a chain .. NY..& Northern . N.J. It was a tad eerie to have an entire restaurant to ourselves. No other people other than the waiter. As we walked in, 2 men walked out that had eaten before us. That was it. No other people in the entire very large restaurant A beautiful place..w/several rooms Think the waiter was glad for company, he practically had lunch w/us Kept apologizing for lack of people Said it is a bad week, last hurrah at the shore & the holiday weekend coming up. I hope this place makes it..it was about the best meal I had in awhile. Had lobster ravioli..my friend had veal in brown sauce & ravedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOBMidgeVIPDined on 8/16/2014One of the best upscale Italian places that is BYOB. Outside option was great.Special Features:
- Restaraunt week or main menuStephenVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Il Villaggio and this time was even better than the first! My fiancée had wanted a chicken dish prepared with veal instead and the chef readily complied and did an excellent job! I ordered from the Restaurant Week Menu and the crab cake appetizer, we shared, was excellent and flavorful. The braised lamb shank over orzo was tender and succulent and the Chocolate Soufflé was deemed, "amazing", by my other half (a true chocaholic)! Service was great and we ate outdoors on their enclosed patio and the night could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinaDined on 8/12/2014Really nice place - good food, good service, good ambiance. The creme brulee was the best creme brulee I've ever tasted!Special Features:
- Better than the last place2ndTimerDined on 8/12/2014Went to this spot when ran by previous owners, this was soooo much better. Everyone enjoyed their meals and would go back again. They are very accommodating and will adjust their menu however you request.Special Features:
- PleasantLoisDined on 8/10/2014There were four of us in our party. Two of us had the Bronzino filet, one had filet and one had the veal shank. All good. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Gemfood4thoughtDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant four times, however our last experience was not good; so when I said let's go to Il Villaggio for dinner he was reluctant to return. I however think that anyone can have an off night and since each time before was good I wanted to give it another shot. It was just as good as the first couple of times we dined there. We had a great waiter this time. He was very attentive. Both of our meals were excellent. Will definitely be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Il Villaggio reviews archive.
- great food ambiance and servicethanksDined on 7/24/2014Everything was great. This is a BYOB which helps keeps the tab down. Although food was reasonably priced and worth every cent. Creme brulé cheesecake was fabulous. We dined on the patio. It was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodWifeofjeffVIPDined on 7/24/2014Wow! So glad we got over our "this used to be Nonna's" hang up about this restaurant and tried Il Vilaggio recently. Excellent service, wonderful food. We were there for Farm to Fork week and every one of our 4 courses was wonderful. How can you beat a BYOB with stellar service, wonderful food preparations, and lots of menu variety to choose from? We will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doinkerVIPDined on 7/23/2014Lovely atmosphere especially on Wednesday night when there is music. The food is very good, the portions sizeable, and the prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I were looking for someplace different than our usual 3 or 4 restaurants and decided to give Il Villaggio a try. It was a wonderful surprise to have such a terrific place only minutes from home. The weather was very pleasant so we chose to sit on the outdoor patio and enjoyed dinner alfresco. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant, our meal arrived in due time, and the food was excellent. The limeonchello we received at the end of the meal was a very nice touch. Will definitely return...Special Features:
- restaurantrickVIPDined on 7/12/2014they go out every weekend this was recommended to me from a friend little disappointing crab cocktailwas horrible they do not use jumbo lump crab meat my veal dish had no tasteSpecial Features:
- terraceFoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. The food is always quite good and sometimes exceptional. The wait staff is very well trained and the service always excellent. The restaurant has an absolutely charming patio that is behind the restaurant and sheilded from the noise of the street (quite busy) the restaurant is located on. The area is quite secluded and really well appointed with flowers, grape vines and such giving it an italian feel. They frequently have a musician playing very quiet keyboards on the terrace. Just perfect for a quiet evening with one or a few.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service enjoyed our entrees.CJG4Dined on 6/28/2014I was curious to try the restaurant, as my husband had attended many catered work related meetings here. He always raved about the food so we decided to go for my birthday. Unfortunately, our appetizer was less than appetizing! Cold sliced tomatoes with soft mozzarella cheese a snippet of basil and drizzled balsamic/olive oil appeared. It looked pretty- albeit ridiculously small for $12.00. The cold tomatoes (refrigerated??) really turned me off and it fell apart upon trying to share it-actually became an awful mess. This should not be on the menu. We both enjoyed our entrees. I prefer more casual dining so it was probably a one-time visit for us.. maybe if we hadn't ordered that appetizer I would feel differently!Special Features:
- Not so great!MicheleDined on 6/27/2014First time at Il Villagio. Food was just okay and service was very annoying. Waiter did not stop interrupting us and we felt very rushed throughout dinner, even though our reservation was for 5:15 and the restaurant was empty. Overpriced for fair food.
- BigHDined on 6/23/2014Lunch was great. Food tops, service great and the price is right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJBMoneyDined on 6/22/2014food and service was very good, I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family. The beet salad was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.