Il Villaggio Osteria
3335 West Village Road
Teton Village, WY 83025Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Villaggio Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jhosteria.com/
- Phone: 3077394100x
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily at 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Eric Greenwood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Erin Oda (307)733-5010x
A word from Il Villaggio Osteria
In February 2008, Fine Dining Restaurant Group, of Rendezvous Bistro & Q Roadhouse fame, brought a taste of Italy to Jackson Hole with the opening of Il Villaggio Osteria. Located inside the Hotel Terra which is the state’s first LEED certified property and only the fifth in the United States. Highlights of the intimate restaurant are Il Villagio Osteria’s 12-seat wine bar and eight seat salami bar, where guests can watch as imported meats and cheeses, sourced from the country’s finest purveyors, are hand-sliced to order. House made pastas, sausage stuffed olives, beautiful wines and entrees round out the exquisite multi course menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Il Villaggio Osteria - Best Restaurants in Teton Village ›
Il Villaggio Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (35)great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (20)special occasion (17)hot spot (15)romantic (14)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (11)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Lively atmosphere, varied menuoperafanDined on 9/17/2014The atmosphere is relatively noisy, although the restaurant isn't all that big. The food is good, with a variety of Italian dishes.Special Features:
- Excellent356tubDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere! Seafood pasta was amazing! Fine Dining Group operates the best restaurants in the valley!Special Features:
- Always GreatPicky56Dined on 9/11/2014We always eat here when we are in Jackson. Sometimes more than once. Food is always spectacular. Service is great and wine list is good.Special Features:
- Slightly disappointedJanvan14Dined on 9/8/2014Osteria has always been one of our top 5 restaurants to visit every time we come to Jackson Hole (which is approximately 10 weeks). Most of the time it is exceptional but this visit the meals we chose weren't our favorites (elk chop and halibut). Plus it was the first time our food took forever and the placement of our table was not the best. We were right at the entrance. We will definitely come back but this was slightly disappointing. I also think the wine is extremely overpriced. We purchased Jackson Hole Pinot Noir and I have purchased this wine for FAR less than we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thanks for making it specialAnnersarizedDined on 9/7/2014I had a cake delivered to serve as an anniversary surprise. The staff handled this special surprise well. I never followed up to fill them in on it; the baker Jaclyn Bernard did. From when we arrived we were wished happy anniversary. Everyone knew and made it special but didn't spoil the surprise. The cake arrived with a sparkler on top, a nice touch. My husband didn't know until he took his first bite that I had arranged for a baker to make a small version of our wedding cake. Thanks to the staff for smoothly handling this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great mealsjs57VIPDined on 9/6/2014We hadn't been to Osteria in a while and we are locals. We went recently and were delighted by how good our dinner was. The Guido Sarducci pizza is my favorite one by far with a delicious crust, spicy sausage, caramelized onions and marscapone cheese. Love the fresh arugula on top! I was also surprised and delighted by my chicken cacciatore which was so tender and delicious - very authentic version. My husband had the Wyoming steak - perfectly cooked and the cauliflower au gratin was wonderful. We had a very nice waiter - personable but not annoying. All in all a very nice experience and we'll go back more often.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperiencealpetDined on 8/31/2014Il Villagio Osteria never fails to please. Our party of four had an excellent meal, yummy wines and satisfying desserts. Of course, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Jackson Delicious!DebraDined on 8/30/2014The best meal we had in the Jackson Teton area. Their side dish of roasted brussels sprouts was out of this world, as was the halibut.Special Features:
- FABULOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014IT WAS FABULOUS, AS ALWAYS. THE STAFF IS SO NICE, THE FOOD IS TERRIFIC (HAVE THE KALE SALAD, THE LASAGNA, THE SNAPPER, THE PASTA WITH CLAM SAUCE AND ALL OF THE PIZZAS).Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectationsphillyfoodiesVIPDined on 8/22/2014We reside in Philadelphia where there is no shortage of exceptional Italian gourmet restaurants. We had heard and read very good reviews of this restaurant but we were still blown away with the cuisine. Highly recommend. Best meal while in Jackson/Teton Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for local anniversaryJeffreyDined on 8/21/2014High dollar place but well worth it. Splurged for our anniversary - Apps, salad, entres, desert, bottle of wine, amaretto to top it off. I would definitely go back, but not very often as when I go I want to splurge...Special Features:
- great place to eatptgolferVIPDined on 8/18/2014the food portions were good size and tasty. The place was packed during the middle of the week.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Never disappointed! Food is always excellent - and the selection is wonderful. Just makes it hard to order and we always end up eating too much! A great problem to have. A wonderful destination for a special occasion! Thank you -Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/13/2014Great waiter and tasty lasagna with a nice kick and ravioli was very flavorfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceluismVIPDined on 8/12/2014IL Villagio is normally a good restaurant, and we have had very good experiences in the past. However, this time, it was not our lucky night. Bottarga pizza came without bottarga; and a new pizza was ordered. In the end, I ate my dishes alone, and my wife ate hers alone. The waiter was missing in action. Not a single apology was given. It seemed 'business-as-usual'.
- Wide-ranging menusonophobiaDined on 8/8/2014The service is excellent. The menu offers an amazing and inventive range of choices, many not found elsewhere, and you have to come back several times to sample all the tempting offers. Everything we have tasted was good to excellent. Restaurant is, understandably, crowded and tables are small; background music was rather odd and hardly necessary, just adding to the noise level.Special Features:
- Terrific As Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food was great, service wonderful and the kids had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting in the cornerOldClimberDined on 8/1/2014Since we were 2, we were placed at a small 2-person table in the corner behind some cases of wine that were stacked there near the wine display wall. Shortly thereafter, a solo female was placed alone at a 4-person table near us. Perhaps she was a guest at the hotel? Or simply pushier than us? (it was 5:30, we had reservations, the DR was almost empty) Our server spent a lot of time chatting with the woman about the wine and food choices, and the server's life in the valley. I hope that woman gave her a nice tip - we gave the minimum, partly due to having to listen to this chatter while we waited for our food and partly due to the length of the wait. We are locals, and are not planning to hurry back there.Special Features:
- AverageTucsontotetonsDined on 7/29/2014Expensive for average food. Fish over cooked and lasagna boring. Lamb was more interesting.
- A Jackson Hole Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/25/2014Osteria continues to be a perfect place for a casual, but sophisticated dinner. Located 15 minutes from the town of Jackson Hole in Teton Village, the inviting restaurant turns out great Italian favorites including brick oven pizzas, bolognese and carefully selected wines. The staff is great and the continuity of faces from year-to-year would suggest that they enjoy working there as much as we enjoy eating there! Bonus for parents: book a table outside and your kids can play on the playground that is part of the Teton Village Commons.Special Features:
- rowdy table spoils it for everyonejudy2014Dined on 7/14/2014An out of control over served four-top were loud and obnoxious. They knocked over their chairs at least twice and created an unpleasant ambiance for everyone else. Management didn't have any idea how to handle the situation, their waiter just served more alcohol to the foursome and told us that they live nearby so he wasn't worried about their driving. How about thinking of your other customers?
- Will not be returningjimNjenDined on 7/12/2014We had eaten at Il Villaggio's last year. It was wonderful. The service was superb. We were able to dine outside and the families kept their children managed between the tables and the play area. A 5 star review, last year. This year was disappointing. Our waiter was knowable of the menu and offered suggestions but the communication between staff and kitchen was lacking. Our first 2 courses arrived in a timely manner but we waited 45 min for our main dish (steak) was cold and our appiteizer appeared to be an after thought and brought along with our cold steak. Our waiter brought a complimentary thimble size glass of wine for our wait. The quality did not match the $$$ that we spent. We will not be returning. very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Pre-concert treatRajoDined on 7/11/2014We ate at Osteria before attending a concert of the Teton Symphony. The food was excellent as was the waiter. He was very knowledgeable of the various dishes offered. He also recommended a wine that went well with our meals. It was a great start to a wonderful evening of music.Special Features:
- jhdinerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Reservation on very busy night. Outstanding service and outstanding food. Add to list of great restaurants in JH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian DelightTakemeoutDined on 6/29/2014Business dinner the first night and ordered the halibut with mushrooms, arugula salad, and the canolle cake. Love it so much we took the family the second night. Everyone enjoyed their meal choices. Ordered the canolle cake again knowing my family would enjoy it as much ad I did. Plus the wine list hit our target on likes. Four ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OsteriaTADinerDined on 6/29/2014A good place for a relaxed dinner, from pizza on up. Wine list is good and service is commended. One of our go-to places in the Village for its informal and bistro atmosphere.Special Features:
- Traveling momOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2014This was the loudest restaurant I have ever experienced. There were many large parties who jad to shout to each other to be heard on the other end of the table. the 10 person table next to our party of 4 were literally screaming at the top of their voices to be heard. I could not hear my daughters speaking in a regular voice from across my table. In addition, the party next to use were using foul language interspersed in their screaming conversation. The food was well prepared and service was attentive, but everything was overshadowed by the noise level.
- Too crowded, poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Tables are too close, other diners and wait staff kept bumping into our chairs. The lamb was almost raw and the accompanying veggies were way over cooked and swimming in oil. Probably won't be back.
- SueGVIPDined on 6/21/2014Was an incredible menu with lots of different choicesSpecial Features:
- TasterDined on 6/19/2014Very good contemporary Italian food. Families. Convenient for Jackson Hole.Special Features:
- Another great dining experiencemangiaDined on 6/13/2014This is my second recent visit to Il Villaggio Osteria and the food always amazes me. Such incredible flavors that are sometimes difficult to identify but delicious none the less. The staff is always well trained and very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- The following 400 reviews are from the Il Villaggio Osteria reviews archive.
- Another pleasant eveningoperafanDined on 5/10/2014This is our neighborhood restaurant, and it can always be depended upon to have an interesting menu, well executed.Special Features:
- A Must Lunch StopOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2014We have to make The Osteria a two hour lunch stop on every JH Ski vacay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gem in the middle of JHBusinessTravelerDined on 3/19/2014Excellent Arugula Salad, Spinach Ravioli, and the organic duck breast can be recommended for anyone that enjoys wild game selections. Pass on the gelato if you have discerning tastes for this Italian treat. Other dessert menu items are likely far better choices. Great restaurant in the middle of Teton Village resort, the most popular for vacationers so highly recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra UNfirmaVinsMomVIPDined on 3/17/2014Never again. Octopus was OK. Cauliflower app was over seasoned yet tasteless. Strange that. We all had pasta. Overcooked pasta. I'm glad I didn't pop for the meat. Ouch. Noisy. Not a desirable ambience for such an expensive restaurant and hotel.
- Most recent visitLocalDined on 3/16/2014We have been coming to JH annually for the last eight years. We have visited the Osteria each of the last three years. Every year it has gotten worse. This visit is our last. The brussels w/ pomegranate sounded good- but were poorly executed, the cauliflower the same. The chicken liver mousse was inedible. The pizza was ok- nicely blistered on the bottom- but the toppings and cheese were nothing interesting. The Lasagna my daughter ordered was baked in a casserole dish- it was like soup. I would expect that quality level at a low end family owned red sauce Italian place in the suburbs. Not good.
- Not as good as usual...PhillybornVIPDined on 3/11/2014Something is wrong at the Osterria. We have always enjoyed fresh, lively food. This trip, we experienced less attention to detail, service that was way too casual and plates that were ordinary. In such a great mountain location, there is a captive clientele but the quality has definitely slipped.
- love eating here, but toopbmillerVIPDined on 3/7/2014love eating here, but too noisy this last time for even the 4 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good time for allSkidocDined on 3/6/2014Went with my 3 month old grand daughter and her parents. Every one (especially our server) was great. Awesome salads and pastas...good, reasonable, wine list. Only problem was the noise level...wouldn't recommend for a quiet romantic evening...but the fantastic meal made it all work for us...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ItalyDaveVIPDined on 3/4/2014Fantastic as always. There's a good reason this place is buzzing every night. The food is creative and delicious. The chef never misses here. Great selection of Italian wines. My only issue is they could use more staff. Everyone seems so overwhelmed. If you need more wine best to plan in advance or you will wait. Also I feel rushed here, for example my main dish arrived while the appetizers were still on the table and only 3/4 done. I get that it's busy and they need to book it tight but nonetheless it is a downside to dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.