Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar
13705 Ventura Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.iltiramisu.com/
- Phone: 8189862640x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Event catering can accommodate any desire/request, and for party size of 10 to 500.
- Private Party Facilities: Il Tiramisù has 2 private rooms available for bridal showers, baby showers, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, office parties, & surprise birthday parties.
- Private Party Contact: Peter 8189862640x
A word from Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar
For over 15 years, we have offered Northern Italian Cuisine in a casually elegant neighborhood restaurant. Our pastas, breads, and desserts are homemade. Gluten free and vegan pastas are available. We have the best Chicken Parmesan in Los Angeles, daily fresh fish choices, and a wide selection of pasta and chicken entrees. Our full bar complements the approachable and value oriented wine list. Ivo and Peter, father and son owners/hosts, ensure that your service is professional and friendly. A neighborhood favorite, stop by and visit us...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sherman Oaks ›
Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (20)romantic (16)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- a bit blandLOVE2LIVEDined on 10/18/2014the food was bland for out taste but the service is impeccable and the staff are great, I should say the home made tiramisu served in dark chocolate shell is very, very delicious We will recommend for drinks and dessert but the menu may not appeal to foodies
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014We love this place, always wonderful, the owners are there to greet you and make sure you're having a great time!
- Good Italian FareVinoPeepsDined on 9/20/2014We like this restaurant for its consistently good Italian cuisine. We can always count on them having special dishes in addition to a good number of choices on their menu. I had the spaghetti with seafood special. It paired well with the wine we brought. Their wine list is fine but we had a special bottle we wanted to share. We always recommend Il Tiramisu to family and friends.Special Features:
- Always a Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2014I can not remember how many times I have eaten here, it is that many. Ivo and Peter are always there and glad to see you. I love this resturant so much, that I had my rehersal diner there. If yo have not been to Il Tiramisu, you must.Special Features:
- notamuncherVIPDined on 8/24/2014Always consistent....excellent food and service since my first visit in 1997.Special Features:
- Great service and food!!Eg8406Dined on 8/23/2014Loved the food and the overall experience!!! The gluten free pasta was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/20/2014We had the whitefish special and it was wonderful! Friendly, neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Elegant yet friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014I've been going to this restaurant since it opened and it's lovelier now than then. Food has remained delicious, service is great, menu choices always have something appealing, and prices are not over the moon. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Delicious Food and Awesome Service!dineoutVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised with our experience at Il Tiramisu. Food was delicious and service was outstanding. When we arrived, we did have to wait about 10 minutes, but once we were seated, we received great service from the owner and our waiter. This was our first time at this restaurant, and we would definitely return to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- zyggroupVIPDined on 8/7/2014Have been going here for years. It was empty on this last visit and food wasn't as good as usual for some unknown reason, but rest assured, we will be going back.
- Very nice placeSexyDined on 7/25/2014I have been going there fo various occasions their for many years, and we have always enjoyed the visit there. This time, only complaint ,I have that although we had reservations for 8.00 clock, we did have to wait for 25 minutes befor seating, otherwise the service and food as as always excellent.Special Features:
- Can't ever say anything badNewMamaVIPDined on 7/20/2014Consistently yummy!! Service keeps me coming back in spite of the myriad of Italian competitors in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD GREAT SERVICE GREAT TIMEGoorilDined on 7/18/2014Was there with my family for my 31st birthday and enjoyed every second of it! We loved the food, every dish was tasty, the service was great and fast and the price is very reasonable for what you are getting! definitely coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpoyJudeDined on 7/12/2014Very nice place for dining. Nice ambience, good food and great service. Very nice. Server was wonderful. $5 corkage fee was a bargain. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!SteveDined on 7/6/2014Outstanding food and excellent service. Very nice ambiance and atmosphere. Owner was on site to welcome diners and make sure everything was up to par.Special Features:
- Eager to pleaseDuckieVIPDined on 6/28/2014The waitstaff got our order right, respectful of dietary requests. They were almost too attentive, interrupting conversations in progress.
- The following 460 reviews are from the Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar reviews archive.
- DissapointedloveitalianfoodDined on 6/18/2014We were really looking forward to trying Il Tiramisu . It was my birthday. I will say the service is very good. We ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer. The mushrooms were refrigerator cold even though the cheese was mostly melted on top. My salad was OK. I ordered Veal Parmesan. The veal was full of gristle and the breading was soggy. The taste was fine. My wife had the veal osso bucco and it was good. we drove from Santa Clarita because of some good reviews. We should have stayed in our area and eaten local.Special Features:
- MiraVIPDined on 6/15/2014Lovely place with great food and service. Will be back again;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Easy to find with valet parking in back. Had the sea bass special - perfect. My boyfriend raved about the chicken parmesan. Thankful for the attentive service.Special Features:
- mmgOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014As usual I had an excellent experience it was my 75th birthday and we were there for over 2 hours and nobody rushed us to leave and the waiter was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014Really disappointed with food and service at Il Tiramisu. Went for a birthday celebration, party of 6, and the waiter was overwhelmed with the number of tables he had and we were left hanging. Hard to believe, but they only had ONE vegetable side with all entrees, string beans. Nothing else to offer. Salmon came with some strange sweet sauce, nothing was above average. No return to this establishment for us.
- Il TerrificSailor71Dined on 5/24/2014My family and I have been dining at Il Tiramisu for years and have always been treated like we were their only customers. They are very personal and remember who you are as well as who is in your family. I went to a University foreign campus located in Florence, Italy and the Italian food at Tiramisu is the closest to being back in Italy that I could find in LA and I have tried many, many Italian restaurants in and around LA, San Diego and Santa Barbara. The Lasagna Bolognese is just like being in Bologna, Italy where it is a bit of heaven for lasagna lovers. I think that if you want a true Italian dining experience you should visit Il Tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCeleryVIPDined on 5/18/2014I've been going to Il Tiramisu for years. It's my neighborhood place and I highly recomend it. The Hosts Peter and Ivo make sure you will be happy with your meal or they will make it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner!rhonachkaVIPDined on 5/17/2014Tiramisu is such a neighborhood gem and has been for many years! The dishes are always delicious and the prices are so reasonable, especially given the quality of the food. I`ve been there often -- for lunch and dinner -- and so appreciate the graciousness of the owner! A real star in the Valley!Special Features:
- We are regulars!luvthevalleyDined on 5/15/2014We come here every week for our date night. The owners, Ivo and his son Peter, are super welcoming and warm. The beet and pear salad is delicious! Pastas are quite tasty!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemsaludDined on 5/10/2014The food, service, and ambience were great. And, I'm not a dessert fan by any means, but I loved the Tiramisu!!!! Bon appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great timeValleyKenDined on 5/3/2014Food was good, atmosphere nice, owner friendly. A little loud for my taste, but most places are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family SpotiheartdessertDined on 4/12/2014My family and I have been dining at Il Tiramisu for years. Peter the owner is such a gracious host and has always provided excellent food and service here. Some of my favorites are the ossu bucco (veal and lamb shank), seafood pasta, and seafood risotto. The desserts here are so delicious as well, try the creme brulee, panna cotta, or the hazelnut gelato! Love this place and will always have fond memories with family and the food here!Special Features:
- Of CourseEB11VIPDined on 4/6/2014This place delivers: good food, nice people, peaceful interior. I took my children here and we were all treated with respect. I'd take a date here too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Neighborhood / Family SpotToboDined on 3/29/2014Delicious food! Welcoming and friendly owners! Soups are always the best! Every time we come here, it feels like stopping by an old friends place for their best meal. Fish, salad, pastas always delicious, but the soups always strike me as special and outstandingly flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite Italian restaurantBruceDined on 3/28/2014We just moved to Sherman Oaks from West Los Angeles and are so glad friends recommended we have dinner here! This is our new "go to" place for a wonderful Italian meal! Delicious food, very nice wine list and the deserts are not to be missed! All at very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the ambiance and the staffRACHEEVIPDined on 3/28/2014the ambiance and the staff were very nice. the appetizers were more than good, less than excellent and the main courses were very average and we were all disappointed.
- Good reliable neighborhood ItalianGraciePeteDined on 3/27/2014It's been here for years, with good northern Italian food, a nice ambiance, friendly service and just an overall pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Nice surprise, right in the 'hood!NeetzieDined on 3/15/2014The mushroom appetizer sold me but the veal marsala was done to perfection- light and not too saucy, mushrooms - YUMMY! LOVED our waiter - great sense of humor and KNOWS the food! We will be back!! oxSpecial Features:
- One of our favoritesLAvisitorDined on 3/15/2014Il Tiramisu is a great neighborhood find in Sherman Oaks. The decor is lovely, the owners are always warm and welcoming, and the food is excellent. There are always great fish choices as well as homemade pasta. Even people who are avoiding heavy carbohydrate loads can find healthy, wonderful northern Italian style dishes here, but those who want classic lasagna won't be disappointed either. Don't miss the poached pear in red wine for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK but wine list was a litKellyIVIPDined on 3/11/2014Everyone's meals were good, and the atmosphere was quiet enough for discussions, but the wine selections were light.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014This place is so ways amazing. They take care of their customers and food is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014EVERYONE was so friendly and professional, and the butternut squash pasta dumplings were TO DIE FOR!!! My date & I felt so welcome had a thoroughly enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Great for date night!southerndinerDined on 3/8/2014This place is always wonderful, great ambience, food is delicious, excellent service. The restaurant was crowded but my husband and I were able to enjoy a nice conversation because it wasn't too loud. This is definitely one of my go-to restaurants where I know I'll have a great time, it's definitely a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemrhonachkaVIPDined on 2/26/2014Lovely neighborhood restaurant that I`ve frequented for many years. The food is consistently good and the ambience is pleasant and relaxing. Fine, unobtrusive service.. Recommended!Special Features: