700 South Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilterrazzotampawaterside.com/
- Phone: 8132214900
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Randles
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Featuring the savory cuisine of Northern Italy, Il Terrazzo is elegant and altogether welcoming, like an aged Tuscan villa with an uptown modern groove. Large windows dressed by dramatic drapes impart a sense of glamour. Wrought iron gates and a elegant warm decor make for a homey atmosphere. But the true proof of authenticity lies in the cuisine, with a classic Northern Italian menu created around antipasti, roasted meats, poultry and seafood, pizzas, pastas and desserts. A table near the window, or out on the adjacent patio, provides the ultimate view of Tampa’s Garrison Channel.
- Private Party Facilities: For Groups of 10 or more, call Manja direct. Have cocktails on the terrace with amazing waterviews, and then retire to our private dining room for an elegant dinner. Whether its a family gathering or business dinner we can accommodate parties up to 24 guests in our Private Dining Space.
- Private Party Contact: Manja Blanchard 8134346023
- Special Events: Please reserve a table for your family and friends for our upcomming holiday brunches.
- Cross Street: Channelside Drive
- Public Transit: From Tampa International Airport: Take I-275 North for 6 miles to downtown Exit 44. Follow signs to Convention Center & Harbour Island. Hotel is 12 blocks ahead adjacent to the Tampa Convention Center on Old Water Street. Bus service: $11.00 USD (one way) Estimated taxi fare: $22.00 USD (one way)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet provided with dinner receipt based on availability. (excluding special event nights at St. Pete Times Forum)
A word from Il Terrazzo
Featuring the savory cuisine of Northern Italy, Il Terrazzo at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina is warm, elegant and altogether welcoming dining spot. Like any good Italian restaurant in Tampa, the atmosphere is lively, the cuisine is memorable and the wine is flowing. But it’s the delectable water view that makes this restaurant a truly bravissimo experience. The true proof of authenticity lies in the cuisine, with a classic Northern Italian menu created around antipasti, roasted meats, poultry and seafood, pizzas, pastas and desserts. A table near the window, or out on the adjacent patio, provides the ultimate view of Tampa’s Garrison Channel and Harbor Island – the perfect setting for a romantic evening.Continued
Please ask about Marriott Gift Cards you can purchase for the holiday season or a special occasion. In addition, we have spa certificates available in our spa.
Please ask about Marriott Gift Cards you can purchase for the holiday season or a special occasion. In addition, we have spa certificates available in our spa.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Terrazzo reviews from OpenTable diners
- Should have read the menu firstDaveGDined on 12/1/2013I am an Italian food lover...but more the basic foods. I should have read the menu prior to making the reservation. For my picky tastes the only option was the filet. It was very good but was a whopping 45.00 with no salad etc... Dinner for two costs us $130.00 with no crazy expenses. Just two filets and two beers. Again it was my bad for not reviewing the menu for std fare such as chicken parm, chicken marsala, raviolis....meatballs.etc..the things I think of when Italian food is mentioned. We were in Tampa for a show at the Forum and chose the location due to it being close to the event.Special Features:
- Really could be better...TravelerDined on 11/16/2013Dinner with friends from out of town on a Saturday night. Location was perfect for us. Ambiance is quite nice and upscale. Very light crowd. Table was fine, but near a window view rather than directly at the window. (Seemed odd) Waiter was professional, but a bit hard to understand his accent. While having salads, the waiter informed our guests that they had run out of halibut; both had to re-select. Strange that it took so long to figure this out. Entrees took an extra long time to be served. Two that we're not re-selected seemed a bit dried out. Waiter validated our parking. My overall feeling was that we overpaid for this experience. I also feel that with greater management attention, this could be a really fine dining destination.Special Features:
- Fabulous food.......an underOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2013Fabulous food.......an under appreciated gem in a Marriott hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd EntreesSweetGDined on 11/8/2013The lamb was served as a mixture in a bowl like a stew - tasty but now what we expected. The bolognese was also served in a bowl with linguini - unusual and tasty but not superlative. The lobster bisque was the best you can get, the drinks were perfect, the bread was outstanding, & the creme brule & coffee were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing bread!TampaGirlDined on 11/1/2013Delicious meal - my husband had the snapper and I had the lemon basil bolognese. The bread sticks and focaccia were delicious. Nice dinner before a show at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for pre-concert dinnerLambiePieVIPDined on 11/1/2013This is a hidden gem, inside the Marriott Waterside Hotel. It's so close to the Forum, that you can enjoy dinner and then just walk a couple blocks to the concert. I only gave 4 stars for the food, since my friends' house made butternut squash ravioli was only warm, not piping hot. But they said it was delicious, just not really hot enough. My lamb risotto was perfect. The menu is varied, so you can spend just a little on a pizza or calzone, or splurge on fresh seafood. Our server Alex was very attentive. Nice extra touches like amuse bouche before our dinner and housemade truffles with the cheque. A great downtown restaurant.Special Features:
- Hidden GemFrankluvs2eatDined on 10/31/2013I took my girlfriend to dinner and was very impressed with the friendly service and attention to detail. Food was obviously made to order and not from a steam table. I had the Fresh Catch which was Halibut served with a risotto. The risotto was creamy goodness! My girlfriend had the filet that was perfectly cooked. Trust me this place has it going on. Crazy wine selection and homemade bread sticks. Very attentive and the manager even came by to say hi. We will be back for sure, great date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceTampa813Dined on 10/30/2013My best friend and I came in for dinner and had a wonderful evening! From the service staff being so polite to the amazing food, we truely enjoyed our dining experience! I had the Scallop app. which the scallops were cooked to prefection and the sauce was a nice balance. For our entree, I ordered a the Pork Belly and Scallops which was such a creative and amazing dish and my best friend ordered the Fresh Catch Snapper with Risotto which was also amazing! I will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!EllDubDined on 10/25/2013And wonderful service; our waiter had a great sense of humor, the food was perfect when brought to the table, the two steaks ordered were done as ordered. I was impressed with the food, as it was a hotel restaurant. The only downfall is that it was right below the hotel pool. We ate outside, and there must have been a birthday party for a young girl at the pool, because we could hear them singing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, pathetic food.tampa4foodVIPDined on 10/6/2013I was intrigued by 'Seafood Calzone' on the menu. Turned out to be a greasy deep fried empanada like concoction. It tasted cheap, greasy and unbelievably average for a restaurant of this stature. Great decor and ambience, decent wines, but poor quality food. Will not go back.
- Food was excellent; our serverLetoDined on 9/20/2013Food was excellent; our server Alex was great. We had a quick window because we were going to see a show and he was able to get us out on time and never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at the hotel!AngieCDined on 7/31/2013it seems kind of risky to eat dinner at chain hotels these days-food is overpriced, mediocre, ambience bad. However, Il Terrazo was a very happy surprise. We ate there before running off to a concert in the Tampa area (a birthday weekend trip-so awesome in itself!). we did have a very quiet, well served dinner. we were one of two or three groups in the entire place at the time, so our server was not stretched thin at all. But I think the service would be excellent no matter what, you get that feeling, its that kind of place. I would rate the food as good, not excellent. It was a little heavy, unrefined, especially the pasta. I would go back, and try other dishes if I happen to stay at the hotel again-which would be a very nice treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2013This restaurant is part of the Marriott so my expectations were not that high to begin with (most chain hotel restaurants are less than great). The service was adequate but lacked a certain professionalism and at first was attentive but as the restaurant filled up it was clear that the servers had to cover to many tables (for which I fault management and not the staff). The entrees sounded good but were a disappointment (both mine and my wife's) but they made up for it in the desserts. My wife have the Orange Grand Marnier Cannoli and I had the Flourless Chocolate cake ... both were exceptional. That said, I would not dine here again due to the overall food quality and typical Marriott Host service but I would order take-out desserts.
- All dishes were some of theHawkdineDined on 6/10/2013All dishes were some of the best we've had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDinnerguestDined on 6/7/2013Very limited meal choices. Not what the Internet menu showed and only one Italian entree.Unusual for an Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful outside diningLambiePieVIPDined on 5/10/2013This is a hidden treasure inside the downtown Marriott. The pasta is fresh, with some great vegetarian and fish entrees. Service was attentive and not stuffy. I was there with friends for an early Mother's Day dinner and plan to go back soon. The scallops were delicious, and the mushroom risotto also got raves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Terrazzo never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/27/2013Il Terrazzo never disappoints! We love to walk there and dine outside if weather permits! Service is always excellent!Special Features:
- Nice decor overlooking RiverwalkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Nice decor overlooking Riverwalk in Tampa in Marriott Hotel...When we arried around 7:15PM the ladies room had needed attention...Veal chop was on the tough side....their signature potates where no more than baked potatoes bits with skins on it,similiar to what you would find at an IHOP...I would recommend the Ceasar salad (nicely made and tossed)...lobster bisque nothing special...service very good and attentive.
- Excellent service!chebetzVIPDined on 4/19/2013We eat here on occasion, especially when we bring our boat to the marina at the hotel. It's very convenient for us when we do this. The service we've had on the few times we visited was great! The food was delicious. The atmosphere was very nice overlooking the water, not too many people, and quiet enough to have a pleasant conversation with your dinner companions. The menu is large enough to offer a nice sampling for just about everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood and drinks!RickyDined on 4/17/2013My entree at Il Terrazzo was excellent, perfectly cooked scallops, sauteed with a scrumptious balsamic glaze with lovely cucumber essence and paper thin slivers of cucumber on a beautiful raw veggie base. The service was first rate, my waiter was very professional and attentive, appearing at just the right time when a drink needed re-filling or a plate needed to be taken away. My mojito from the bar was well made with lots of fresh mint. My only grumble was that my salad (which had a lovely dressing and beautiful fresh fennel) had some lettuce pieces going brown on the edges. I should have sent it back, but I didn't see the brown bits until I was halfway through. I would derfinitely dine here again, though. Everything else was excellent.Special Features:
- The food was not of the highestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2013The food was not of the highest quality, bread was too hard to chew and the food was not well made and did not have good vegetarian options
- Food was very good. The nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Food was very good. The night we were there was a limited menu but had a nice selection. The aged filet was excellent. We had a window table with a nice view of the water. Our service was excellent. We went there before a concert at the Times Forum. Great place for a nice meal before a show.Special Features:
- The menu was a BIG disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013The menu was a BIG disappointment. The menu presented to us at the table was just a fraction of the menu you post on your website. We had printed it at home, and knew what to order, realizing thar the menu this evening was very reduced. Not good!
- This restaurant had very goodLTedDined on 3/2/2013This restaurant had very good food. The service was ok. The atmosphere was not what I expected. Thought it would be nicer inside. There was a nice view but overall disappointed with the ambiance.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Ate at Il Terrazzo before a concert and had an excellent meal. Was glad I made reservations because they were turning people away that evening
- Decent upscale dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013Upscale hotel restaurant. Food and wine offerings were good. Menu was outdated and we were told a new one was in the works. The pepper didn't work either- a little strange. The food and service were good though. My entree was missing an ingredient but still very good. My colleagues finished their plates as well. Would bring a business lunch/dinner here again. We had plenty of time to talk, we weren't rushed and the ambiance was conducive to carrying on a conversation at th table.Special Features:
- During a 5 day business meetingLexDinerVIPDined on 2/16/2013During a 5 day business meeting we enjoyed this lovely restaurant twice. Usually we choose to not dine in our hotel restaurant venues and prefer to find smaller local spots, but this was very very good. The swordfish and seabass were moist, well seasoned and in very nice portions. Our waiter was friendly, accomodating to our special food requests and offered sincere recommendations. The tables are spaced far enough apart to allow for easy conversation...which seems to be rarer to find these days. The Marriott hotel, of which this is a part of, was also exceptional in their service.Special Features:
- Dissapointed wine and beerNRRADined on 1/16/2013Dissapointed wine and beer 0nly but still very goodSpecial Features:
- my visit was on new yearsvincentcharlesveronickVIPDined on 12/31/2012my visit was on new years night so my experience may not be the norm. The menu was set specific for new years and was limited but food was pretty good.Special Features:
- very nice dinner at Il Terrazo-OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2012very nice dinner at Il Terrazo- The New Years eve price fix menu was great- The Osso Bucco was outstanding- huge portion also- wish they had it on the regular menuSpecial Features:
- Good Time,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Great service, we arrived early for New Years Eve, and the meal was good. The only bad thing was I included a note to the restraunt with the open table reservation and my request went unanswered. We had to explane the medical condition of a Senior at our table and in the end it worked out. The restraunt and the Server had no knowledge of our request included with the reservation.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2012Excellent food. Good service. Great window view of the water. My only constructive feedback is that the menu is somewhat overpriced, likely because it is inside the Marriot and is close to convention center. Also, the ambiance could be better. The decor and interior feels like a hotel restaurant vs. having its own look and identity separate from the hotel. Nevertheless, the food was excellent and I would go back.Special Features:
- We consider Il Terrazzo toAwesomeVIPDined on 11/30/2012We consider Il Terrazzo to be one of THE best restaurants in Tampa. It's one of the few places you can have a quiet, relaxed dining experience with great food, great water view and outstanding service. From a food perspective, they do a great job with local fish, in-house made pasta and veal and pork dishes as well.Special Features:
- Il TerrazzoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012we all enjoyed our meals and on our next trip back would come backSpecial Features:
- We really enjoyed our diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012We really enjoyed our dining experience... the restaurant atmosphere, menu, and service were all wonderful... even though the pool above "sprung a leak" and we had to move to another location of our choice, everything was absolutely fabulous. We will definitely dine with you again when we return to Tampa, as we always stay with Marriott when we have a choice. :)Special Features:
- Hidden gem in Marriott hotel:)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2012I went to the restaurant twice while on a business trip...it did not disappoint at all!! Excellent food:). I had the Seafood Fra Diavolo which was a special and amazing...the margarita pizza, caprese rolls, Sea scallops, and salads to die for!!!Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012The food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Beautiful view to the water.SteveVIPDined on 6/2/2012Beautiful view to the water. Elegant yet friendly, personable service.Special Features:
- We were almost the only peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012We were almost the only people there. The food and service did not suffer due to the slow business. I would do it again.Special Features:
- The food was phenomenal andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/13/2012The food was phenomenal and the service was flawless. Chef came out to our table to check on us and everything was perfect.Special Features: