4341 Main Street
Philadelphia, PA 19127Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 2154821999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Sean DelBello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant's dining room holds up to 65 people. Tables can be arranged to clients preference. Ideal for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn DelBello 2154821999
- Special Events: We offer out our restaurant to parties of 25-40 people for special occasions such as rehearsal dinners, Barmitzvas, Christenings and Birthdays. Or just for any special events.
A word from Il Tartufo
This medium priced elegant Jewish Italian restaurant is the best kept secret in Manayunk. The cuisine emanates from the Roman Jewish ghetto (Il Portico de Ottavia). We offer a full bar and wine list. Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner (no credit cards accepted).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Tartufo reviews from OpenTable diners
- I always love Il Tartufo,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2012I always love Il Tartufo, and if you can get a table outside it is also the perfect spot for people-watching.Special Features:
- Dr. Jekyl and Mr HydeJTwardVIPDined on 5/19/2012Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde here. Every time I go its a different experience. I am not a picky diner either, I give a looootttt of leeway. This time the wine list wasnt really the wine list, half werent available. At least this time the bread came before the entree. Also my wine came before the entree. A nice change from last time. This place could be amazing if they just had some quality staff or management(I blame management for not seeing the obvious). They could clean up on Main Street. I still have my fingers crossed that some day they will get it right.
- We love the artichoke appetizerMoonchildDined on 5/19/2012We love the artichoke appetizer and the rest of the food (we all had fish) was fresh and well prepared, but nothing particularly noteworthy. The waitress was very attentive and it was easy to have a laid back dinner with no difficulty hearing your dinner companions, which we appreciate. We will go back.Special Features:
- Location a gem and food fairOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2012Location a gem and food fair but not great. The service of the staff kind and friendly. The only downfall is the "cash only" sign.Special Features:
- We hadn't eaten at Il TartufoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012We hadn't eaten at Il Tartufo in more than a year, and were extremely disappointed. The appetizer plate for six was good, but nothing else was. The salmon entree was so overcooked and dry that it had to be sent back. It was replaced with a chicken dish that was equally overcooked. The gnocchi which in the past were fluffy little clouds from heaven were dense and gluey, served in a bowl of cheese sauce that made the dish more like soup. The veal was described as "uhh...it's OK" by one diner who didn't want to make waves. Service was a little quirky, waitress & kitchen seemed overwhelmed w/ only 2 tables (10 diners) in the place. Won't be returning anytime soon. The owners really need to take some interest or the place will soon be history.
- The night we dined was a busyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012The night we dined was a busy Saturday night. The service was extra slow but she was polite and continued to apologize for the delay. The food was delicious as was the freshly baked bread.Special Features:
- The night we went the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2012The night we went the restaurant was extremely busy. It is very tight seating and no room to wait for your table. Our server was not attendative. The food was very good but small serving sizes.
- Food was awesome as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2012Food was awesome as always but service has taken a serious dive since the last time I was here. Hopefully they turn the service around!Special Features:
- forgot to deliver glass ofHhjjjjDined on 3/21/2012forgot to deliver glass of wine, salad had brown lettuce, steak cooked wrong temperature had to be sent back, apparently could not be fixed so was taken off bill, slow service
- My husband, daughter and IsublimeX4meVIPDined on 3/19/2012My husband, daughter and I dined here the other night. Had a great time. Sat outside which was lovely. The 3 of us shared an appetizer plate which is offered "per person" although we got it for only 2. Definitely enough for the three of us and delicious. I had the red snapper entree with pignoli and raisins. Very good. My husband had the steak which he thoroughly enjoyed. My daughter had the osso bucco special and loved it. No room for dessert. The only thing we could have wished for was a better selection of wine by the glass. That was very lacking and could hold us back on a return. We all enjoy different types of wine so a bottle was not what we wanted.Special Features:
- Great food! Terrible service!!Jamie12867Dined on 3/17/2012The food was wonderful. The service was terrible!! There was not enough help. Servers forgot to bring things we ordered and it took forever!! So long we didn't stay for coffee or dessert!! It's a shame it could be a great restaurant. We would never go back!!Special Features:
- food is amazing, but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2012food is amazing, but they were out of almost every wine on the menu. hopefully, this was a one time mistake... also, i thought this place was a byob. I was wrong, they now have a liquor license. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Very tasty food, well prepared.SalvatoreVIPDined on 3/12/2012Very tasty food, well prepared. Fixed price lunch entrees are a bargan. Service is generally good but i've experienced a variety of personalities. I go for the food and as long as the order is accurate and the bill is accurate and nothing end up in my lap I'm fine with quirky waitstaff. I have enjoyed the place every time. The menu is not your average Italian menu. The Caesar salad dressing is outstanding.Special Features:
- Food was tasty. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/7/2012Food was tasty. Service was very good and accommodating.Special Features:
- On previous visits, Il TartufoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2012On previous visits, Il Tartufo had amazing food and decent service which was made up for by the great food. This time though, the food was very sub-par and the service was lacking. To start, our waitress did not tell us all of the specials which we overheard being rattled off to other tables after we ate. The food is the only reason that I come to Il Tartufo, but on Saturday it just lacked in flavor. For being told that our plates were very hot and to be careful to not burn our hands on them, our appetizer was just warmed on the inside. The main dish my girlfriend had, Involtini di Pollo, was just warm enough to get the cheese to ooze out of it, but still too cold to be considered freshly made considering the plate was scalding hot.
- This restaurant has potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012This restaurant has potential but unfortunately our waitress ruined the expericence. Besides going outside for ciggerettes then coming back smelling terrible she was unattentive. It took about 30 minutes for her to take our appetizer order.
- Our food was really delicious.RandigVIPDined on 2/11/2012Our food was really delicious. All four of us were very happy with our food choice. Our server was vibrant and excited about the food. She was very sweet. That being said, it took a while to get water, we were never brought any bread, I had to ask for a knife for my dinner, after they took it away with the appetizer, and while we were offered dessert, we were not offered tea or coffee. I would go back again, but not on a Saturday night.
- Best Meal in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012Wonderful meal. We celebrated a family birthday and each of us, including two vegetarians, was 100% pleased. Service was prompt and good. The wine recommendation was excellent. We especially liked the Manayunk neighborhood feel. Will return for outdoor dining in spring.Special Features:
- Little neck clam and muscleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012Little neck clam and muscle app was embarrassingly small. The flavor wasn't anything special either. The homemade Mozz was fantastic and the gnocci was good too. The sauce on the gnocci was way too sweet tho.
- yummmy but noisylovestoeatVIPDined on 1/20/2012love love love the food, but the noise level makes conversation difficult. service was great and we easily made curtain time at the theater.Special Features:
- We had one of the best diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/13/2012We had one of the best dining experiences ever. Every dish from appetizer to entree to dessert was excellent! Wonderful flavors, simple presentations, great portion size. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and full of genuine smiles. Articokes, mozzarella and eggplant parmesan were delicious. And the lunch special prices were unbelievable...every menu item was $10. Incredible value for the quality of meal. Well worth the trip to Manayunk. I was surprised to learn that this is the sister restauant to Center City's Il Portico, a place where I had one of the worst dining experiences years ago when they first opened and have never dined there again.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011Wonderful experience, delicious food, great service. Would go again and again.Special Features:
- my waitress Aleese was exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011my waitress Aleese was exceptional. Her suggestions for food and drink were excellent. sorry i left my to go bag by accident becuase the food was worth every penny.Special Features:
- The Pesco Mixto was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011The Pesco Mixto was amazing. Thought that the portion was a bit small but the taste and selection of ingredients was outstanding. The Veal was very well prepared with good flavors. The side pasta was a bit dull and did not taste like home made. Overall, real good food and would love to visit again.Special Features:
- Worst customer service ever.....OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/10/2011This first visit to IT was quite frankly one of the most dissapointing "would be" dinners I have ever had. I had a reservation at 8pm on a Saturday night. I showed up for my reservation 3 minutes prior to 8pm and was seated relatively quickly. Unfortunately, after waiting for exactly 30 minutes we had to leave. We were not even recognized during that 30 minutes, told they were running behind, offered water, drinks; nothing. I was shocked that a restaurant would do this regardless of how busy it is. There was also a table of 4 right next to us that was about to get up and leave as well; same service provided to them. I travel for business and eat at a lot of restaurants; never had one do that to me before.
- Kinda awkward environment...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2011Kinda awkward environment... food was okay. Staff seemed a bit pushy to try additional menu items, otherwise very nice and helpful.
- Really good food. Small restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2011Really good food. Small restaurant, only one other couple in there. Perfect for a quiet night with my husband.Special Features:
- Delicioius, but Noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/12/2011Our meal was delicious, and the evening was marred only by the noise level. It was so noisy you could barely talk and hear your dinner companions - maybe dining on a night other than Saturday would be quieter.Special Features:
- Decient food, horrible servicereggieVIPDined on 11/12/2011Brought our own wine and was told corkage fee would be $15. Turned out to be $20, which seems high. Appetizers were just ok. Had the roasted artichokes and homemade mozzarella with peppers, which tasted like melted pizza cheese. Entrees were good and potato gnocchi was very good. Service was horrible, just horrible. Entire wait staff seemed disorganized and scattered and at times, disinterested in meeting our needs.
- I have never been to a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2011I have never been to a restaurant where they served dark meat with their chicken dishes. When we got there I asked for a window seat. I was told that the seating arrangments were already sorted out and others with reservations had requested the seat. OK. After we ordered a group of four came in with no reservations(I heard them say so) and got the window seat. When we got the check the manager came over and told the to remeber the total amount when tipping.
- The food was absolutely delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011The food was absolutely delicious. The fresh mozzarella appetizer and calamari were some of the best we've ever had. Everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed the meal and would no doubt plan to return as well as recommend to friends/family.Special Features:
- We had been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2011We had been to this restaurant before and I thought the food was better last time. Our waitress was a bit pushy; so we ordered the antipasto for four which she recommended. The amount of food was enourmous; enough for 8 of us to share; however most of it was just fair. Artichokes were the only outstanding food on that plate. My snapper was fair, and other guests food was the same. Nothing else outstanding. We did not order dessert.
- This a wonderful little restaurantStevespa2000Dined on 10/22/2011This a wonderful little restaurant in the heart of Manyunk. Great food - everything on the menu is fabulous but the best thing that everyone should try at least once is the special Anti-Pasto for however many people are in your party! This is a masterpiece and should not be missed.Special Features:
- The food at Il Tartufo wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2011The food at Il Tartufo was excellent. Each dish brought a new and distinct flavor to our palate. It was wonderful!Special Features:
- This is the second time weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2011This is the second time we have dined at Il Tartufo, the first was for lunch 6 months ago, this time we had dinner. Both times we found the food excellent as was the service. We also found it reasonably priced, even the wine. The only drawback was that you had to pay cash. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- HOld the Saltfili1foodieVIPDined on 5/28/2011The food was way over-salted. I asked for grilled fish instead of sauteed- but I was brought sauteed. The sauce was all over the plate and very salty.The vegetables and polenta were very good. The food was nice and hot-and very freshly prepared.Our friends ordered appetizers as their entree after a salad each. The plates were too hot and were not separated by the wait staff.They also didn't enjoy the over-salty taste.We saw other friends who were dining there and it seems that it's a popular spot. If I were to go again I'd order all sauces to the side.
- Got a last minute res on aDotcat8201VIPDined on 5/21/2011Got a last minute res on a Sat night and don't know why. Food was great, service was great, sat outside in Manayunk on a nice night. It should have been booked solid! Ordered the antipasto which was amazing; it's created for the # of diners at the table so it's plenty to share and everything on the plate was delish! The fish special and the pasta special were amazing also. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- I met friends at Il Tartufo.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2011I met friends at Il Tartufo. We had a good dinner - reasonably priced. Two of us particularly enjoyed our selections - one not so much. I would recommend it for a casual place to eat and a nice night out.
- This was a very interestingTrialgirlVIPDined on 4/3/2011This was a very interesting dining experience. The food was good, the ambience was lvely but the server was cloying. I realize the restaurant was nearly empty and he probably wanted something to do but everytime he came over I felt as though he was rushingus to finish so that he could leave for th enight. It was 6 p.m on Sunday! Also, the restaurant claimed not to have my open table reservation but because the restaurant was empty, he was able to seat our party of 5. I am really not sure I would go back
- Great Food, though the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2011Great Food, though the waitress was harried and left us with a bad taste. We would go back to give it another try since the food was very good.Special Features: