1116 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
MediterraneanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thevillabybartong.com/
- Phone: 3055768003x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 7pm - 10pm
Friday & Saturday & Sunday 7pm - 11pm
Closed on Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Scott Linquist
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With private dining options for groups from 2 to 30, The Villa By Barton G. in the former Versace Mansion provides Miami's most elegant surroundings for private dining, whether a corporate gathering, a celebration or a romantic dinner for two.
- Private Party Contact: Raymond Rosen 8779252116
A word from Il Sole
South Beach’s most exceptional experience awaits you at Il Sole, an event space, restaurant and boutique hotel housed in the former Versace Mansion, where elegance and unparalleled service seamlessly blend with signature Barton G. style under all-new management by renowned events impresario and restaurateur Barton G. Weiss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Il Sole reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (36)special occasion (35)scenic view (19)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not what we expectedFefyDined on 9/16/2014Unfortunately we didnt receive the service quality we expected and the dining process wasn't memorable.Special Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The food was mediocre at best. The service was poor. I asked if the bill was correct at the restaurant and was ensured it was. Upon reviewing the online menu I'm quite sure we were significantly over charged. A 20% gratuity was automatically added in, and service was nothing special. It was interesting to see Versace's mansion but the area to lounge, dine and use the restrooms in was "tired". Upon arriving they have you sitting outside alone on the front patio, zero ambiance, no cocktails, I finally asked to be seated at the bar until our table was ready. We had a 7pm reservation and they were already out of several items in the menu. They are attempting to be luxury, and failing miserably. I would not recommend.Special Features:
- Versace mansionFoodieDined on 9/14/2014Hidden charges 3.50 for ice in drink,switched fish w/o telling ,resevation for 7 pm ,guests not allowed in til 7:15 poor MNGT for overpriced food an drinks ,poor experience ,never go backSpecial Features:
- Too Bad....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I each had an entree and one glass of wine. I only had two pieces of fish and one piece of bread (its like they were hoarding the bread...what happened to a nice warm bread basket. Obviously I will never be back to give it a second chance...but maybe you can fix it so that others can enjoy the Versace Mansion.....Thinking back how easy it was to get reservations there I should have known the service was probably not that great..that space/venue it should be nearly impossible to get a table for a month or so, I don't care what season it i Joe 561-809-8928 this website did not allow me to writ in my full review...there is a character limit...you
- MemorableMemorableDined on 9/12/2014The setting inside the Versace mansion was just spectacular, one of a kind. I particularly enjoyed the cchocolate cake desert. Staff were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGreatDined on 9/11/2014Food is amazing, place is beautiful but the service needs attentionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJeffroDined on 9/11/2014The entire experience was outstanding. The property was breathtaking and exceeded expectations, the service staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The meal was excellent, from the presentation to the flavor. We highly recommend making this a must on your places to visit/dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but extensivesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Nice dinner but we only went There for seeing the mansion and the part you will see of it is very small and the dinner too expensive. The suit còde Washington followed by us but we were very surprised when we saw a customer with sneakers, sweetshirt and a baseball cap!!! And no problem! Why???
- Rude StaffNicolethetravellerDined on 9/7/2014I loved Il Sole. Beautiful restaurant in Gianni's old home. Only problem I had was that Gratuities are added ( 20%) to the bill. Our bill came out to 154$ with gratuities so we paid 160$ cash. The waitress never came back with our change. Although it is only 6$ I found that was very rude and disrespectful especially since we paid the 20% which was 24$ in tips. Because of this, I found the service to be very uptight and snobbish. Besides the staff, everything else was excellent and it was a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.AlphaGammaDined on 9/5/2014The food is incredible, but be aware that the entire restaurant gives off an aura of pomposity. I was informed specifically of their more formal dress code via phone. I fretted, but they're not as strict as they say. I saw a man wearing a short-sleeve button-up, and they let my friend in with nice sneakers. I saw no jackets. Expect no tap water here. We were furnished with endless Evian refills (which showed up on our bill). Finally, make sure you request the poolside veranda. It offers a beautiful view of the mansion's mosaic pool and surrounding area.Special Features:
- alixan18Dined on 9/5/2014We had a lovely evening and it was great to get to see the setting of the versace mansion. But we asked if we could have a table inside the dining room and they couldn't confirm anything so we had a table on the balcony facing the pool.... sounds great but in 30 degree heat made the dining experience quite uncomfortable we finished our main courses and had to leave shortly after. We poked our heads in the dining room after and it was very opulent and air conditioned. .. It's an interesting menu and we all enjoyed it but probably wouldn't return, it was a one off, more so just to check out the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERSACE MANSIONgordoDined on 9/2/2014BEAUTIFUL PLACE GREAT FOOD IN SERVICE WOW PLACE LIKE NO OTHERSpecial Features:
- Thank youArtistDined on 8/29/2014The Villa by Barton G the world famous verserce mansion in Miami.we were there for my friend 50th Birth days cerebratin. I was expecting to get the Birthday cake that I had ordered previoudly with my friends name on it .When server returned with a cake it had no name on it .Disapointed.But I did not said anything to server,its not her fault.I did not ruin the mood either.....overall Service was slow and my water glasses was empty for long time.no attention to empty glasses......the meal was fair.When I voiced my concern the night manager Mr Freddy ,tried to make amends.For that reasons,we shall be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimeGlamorousAdventuresDined on 8/23/2014It was a lovely lunch and very fresh tasty food, if there were tours around the villa, it would be even better. As a visitor you find the overall Miami service a bit slow and less attentive than lets say in NYC or Boston, but nevertheless very polite staff and enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Spectacular but pretentiousG4LJDined on 8/20/2014As we're were on vacation we thought this would be a must see as to the history and the strong legacy behind the Versace name!!!!! While the views and building were spectacular, the food was some what a let down... Not overpriced as a one off but lacked the personal touch. The servers found it very hard to understand us and made this a little awkward for us . The tables are set very close to each other so if your thinking romance forget it!!! As for the dress code we took this as a must yet only to be next to a family with children all dressed in jeans and A&F tshirts??? Would we recommend it well no not really.... It's a shame because the opportunities could be out of this world leaving you with an experience one would never forget !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disaster!BillyinMiamiVIPDined on 8/19/2014Ice Tea is 6! They make you feel like a second class citizen by not letting you permission to view the completely empty pool area " reserved for hotel guests". The entire " experience" is sold to you by being in the Versace Mansion. There is better food everywhere and the arrogance of the manager, Max, was enough to keep me away forever. I'm sure it will be bankrupt again and probably should be with their holier than holy attitude! Arriverderci!
- Hot Food?HelloDined on 8/17/2014Would have liked hot food other then hamburger. Thousand times better then anything on Ocean Drive regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful castle with average foodL2RnSFDined on 8/16/2014The reception and the place were what we expected, the food presentation not at level of an international restaurant. The service was average. We will keep for ourselves the view of the pool and the walls decoration. The temperature in the VIP room was too high, so it was not comfortable. The dessert was delucious, chef did a great job.Special Features:
- Mejor de lo esperadoLuj69giacDined on 8/13/2014Sinceramente era más la inquietud de conocer la Mansión , pero haber cenado en Il Sole realmente mereció la pena. No sólo el ambiente es Exelente , si no, la comida también, todo bien Italiano, muy buen pan, los platos acordes al precio.. Que pueden verse un tanto caros ... Pero relación precio calidad de todo ....bien vale la pena ir.Special Features:
- Overrated and pretentiousParisianfoodieVIPDined on 8/13/2014Long service, average food, high price, pretentious place and overpriced. To be avoided!
- Very Versace styling !!BbudhraniDined on 8/6/2014Went out for my wife's birthday. Was great. The food was good but not great but the service and ambience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014I went here for brunch. The lunch menu is nothing to rave about. I had a club sandwich and it was good. Nothing out of the ordinary. You pay for the ambience and that is it.
- Such a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Wonderful! Service was excellent!! Food was delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous venuePalatepleasingDined on 8/2/2014The venue dining at the Versace Mansion is spectacular. We decided to go given the unique location and we could dine poolside not expecting fabulous food (given a friend's experience a year or two prior.) This night in Aug 2014 the food quality was very poor: the Florida snapper fish was dry and tasted fishy, it came with two hearts of palm, one was edible and other was hard as a rock, the side we ordered of creamy broccoli rabe was too tough to be eaten. They did bring us french fries (not much better) when we returned the other food as inedible. They add a 20% gratuity and some other percentage (city tax/sales tax). This explains why we could get a last minute reservation.Special Features:
- V mansion experienceSalsaking1Dined on 7/27/2014There's no point dinning inside or you miss the view. Our waitress explained our food which shows why it's that expensive. A surreal dining experience depending on the history point of view. Staff were attentive and polite and not stuffy. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperLucyDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food and very nice restaurant beautiful musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulrebeccaVIPDined on 7/25/2014It was a very special experience. Would highly recommend the wagyu beef tartare and the fruti del mar. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il SoleCLEtoMIADined on 7/24/2014Wow. This place is breathtaking. We dined inside of Versace's former main dining room and followed that with a tour of the grounds. The steak was cooked just right, the waiter kept our wine glasses filled and the tour of Versace's house was the perfect ending to the perfect dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing service.sobe14Dined on 7/24/2014The hosts were literally on their toes. Before my water glass could even get empty it was filled, very knowledgeable about the menu.Amazing food & drinks as well. Loved it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing DisasterTabsDined on 7/12/2014Told to wait outside for the hostess to show us to bar. 10 minutes of hanging around outside & we found our own way to the bar. Drinks order was incorrect and ended up confusing & embarrassing. Finally seated outside by the pool which was a lovely setting. Service very slow. One of our meals was completely forgotten so my husband had to share his meal with our friend, or wait to have his meal cooked. When it began to rain, the ceiling leaked all over us so we had to move the table. Drinks service so bad that a man on an adjacent table started pouring our wine for us! Refused to pay $80 tip & reduced it to $40 - the manager argued with me all the way to the door. Then friend's credit card blocked for extra $300! Would never go back.Special Features:
- Must Try!!!!EricaDined on 7/6/2014All I can say is AMAZING! My bf took me for my birthday and from the moment we walking in to the moment we left, it was the best experience I have ever had at a restaurant.Special Features:
- GillybeanDined on 7/5/2014Superb dining experience, fantastic environment and excellent food! Unfortunately there was a few favourite items not available on the menu and this would have been helpful to know prior to order, however we managed to reorganise ourselves and the overall experience was out of this world!!! Worth the money and the visit I promise!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding night dinnerChasNAmyDined on 7/2/2014We chose this restaurant as the locale for our wedding night. From start to finish, it was everything I expected in service, presentation, and taste. We were the only ones dining inside, and as such, our dining experience was very personalized. I will definitely return when in South BeachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch the billOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014Watch the bill, prices in menu versus final bill are different They were trying to overchrge 20%!!!
- Food and Ambience UnderwhelmingBonVivantDined on 6/26/2014Husband and I went here for a special occasion. Slight air of desperation and a lack of true elegance in the service. Very obviously trying to maximize revenue. We didn't want a bottle of wine, so ordered Mojitos. The charged us - get this - $25 per Mojito. I live in NYC and this joint managed to give me liquor sticker shock..ha! The food is sub-par, on it's own, and especially for the price. We went here more for the ambiance, and did not have high expectations of the food. Let's just say we were disappointed - the villa is pretty, but dinner guests are restricted to a small terrace, which overlooks the famous mosaic and pool. A rope keeps you at a safe distance, since really experiencing their beauty is reserved for hotel guests.
- RitzDined on 6/24/2014We loved the grilled octopus appetizer the best - it was truly exceptional. The Whole Dover Sole served in a pan was delicious and a very big portion with perfect vegetables - whole carrots, asparagus and three types of baby potatoes. The service was attentive and impeccable. An extraordinary setting. We chose it for our first wedding anniversary celebration and it was a perfect choice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2014The place is excellent, but the service is so slow. The food was not of the standard expected, the sashimi was hot and the fish took more than 30 minutes was cold.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDinerDined on 6/19/2014The food was amazing. Phenomenal wine. The mansion is the most beautiful home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Sole is magnificentlovinglifeDined on 6/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 20 anniversary dinner at Il Sole and it was a most memorable evening. The old Versace Mansion in South Beach is home to Il Sole and it is wonderful in every way. We were escorted though the main entrance to a quaint little bar off the center courtyard for a glass of wine. We were then taken to a small, lovely out door patio overlooking the stunning pool and deck area. As the light of daylight dimmed the setting became magical. We not only savored this wonderful setting, but also the equally incredible food and attentive service. If you want to impress a date or have a very romantic evening with your lover, Il Sole is the place.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningRmlackDined on 6/10/2014My husband and I went for dinner and couldn't have asked for a better meal. The service was wonderful, the food was excellent, and the ambiance unmatched. Truly a fantastic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.