Il Sogno Wheaton
100 N Hale St
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Sogno Wheaton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilsognoristorante.com/
- Phone: 6306825900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 3:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nancy Longobardi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We will customize a menu for any catering order.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms available. One that sits up to 45 customers the other is 90 which provides full bar. COMING SOON*** Outdoor roof top sits up to 70-80 customers.
- Private Party Contact: Rosaria Migliaccio 6303419125x
A word from Il Sogno Wheaton
Il Sogno Ristorante in Wheaton is known for our authentic Southern Italian cuisine along with fresh seafood and farm raised meats. Family owned for over 5 years with Mama Nancy as executive Chef bringing you homemade recipes with her special dishes from Naples. A true Italian restaurant with a true Italian chef. "ROOF TOP COMING SOON"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Sogno Wheaton reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (24)romantic (16)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (10)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Italian excellenceilsognoDined on 9/15/2014The food was excellent and the service was just outstanding! Very nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live EntertainmentvinceDined on 9/13/2014It was nice to find out after we arrived that they had Live Entertainment in the Restaurant area and not only in the Bar. Diva Montell was fabulous and gave energy to the entire room. Though we had 8:30 reservations, we wished we had been there earlier when she first came on. The service was great and they weren't in a rush to turn the table and let you stay and enjoy the entertainment. This was such an added bonus to our anniversary celebration that we hadn't expected.Special Features:
- Very GoodEduardVIPDined on 9/6/2014Hadn't been here for about 6 months but decided to stop in. It was as good as we remembered. Service was outstanding. Server suggested meal and drink options which we were glad we adopted. Had a table by the bay windows with a delightful breeze wafting through. What a great night. Will not wait 6 months for our next visit.Special Features:
- My spaghetti Mistosouthern1Dined on 9/4/2014I was disappointed in the spaghetti misto. It had one bite of lobster tail, about 3 shrimp, 3 mussels, and a few clams. Lots of cherry tomatoes and spaghetti. One of the more expensive items, but not enough shellfish to justify the price. There were 11 people, and everyone else enjoyed their dinners or said so. Several took leftovers home. Portions are large.Special Features:
- OutstandingSPQRVIPDined on 8/29/2014Il Sogno is amazing. The food and the service (Rose) were fantastic. It was also very nice to see Mama Nancy come out toward the end of the evening to speak to some of the guests. She was very charming and her passion for food and Napoli was apparent. I don't make it to Wheaton often but when I do, I'll be at Il Sogno...Special Features:
- Quiet Place to Eat with FamilycarlysmomDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten here twice. Food was not spectacular but good, although priced a little on the high side, in my opinion. No complaints, but also it did not wow us, and i think for the higher priced menu, it ought to wow me for me to want to come back again. So many other places to try! I was happy to bring my older parents here because we could hear ourselves and enjoy the conversation. They have a big party room, which i think would be great for an event. Service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun atmosphereMelTDined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding and the live music later in the evening was lots of fun. Service was spotty as they appeared to be short staffed in the dining room. All in all it was a nice experience-the wait staff that was there did a pretty good job of keeping up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Family Birthday Dinner.MomHDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our dinner here. However it was not a good choice on part because we had our very active and rather loud two year old grandson with us . We went early enough, we thought, to avoid the Saturday night crowds, but I wouldn't suggest bringing young children. My son called a babysitter and whisked our grandson away and to the sitter before the food came. It made him to nervous to have him there. We were a little sad as we hoped for the whole family to celebrate our youngest's 30th Bday. Everyone loved their food. We mentioned to the waitress that it was our son's birthday, but no effort was made to bring him a dessert or acknowledge it in any way. So we just moved the celebration elsewhere to continue with drinks and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Sognioeatnrun59Dined on 8/16/2014Great neighborhood spot. Good food, wonderful ambience.Special Features:
- Good food = attentive stafffoodieDined on 8/15/2014We had a group of 4 ladies, we sat by the window which was great do to some people watching. We had Fried Calamari which was very good, nice light batter and hot (which to me is a necessity). We had the Chicken Vesuvio which was good, I would of liked a bit more garlic, the seafood risotto which was excellent and the salmon special which was very good. We had 2 bottles of the La Crema wine which was a pretty good value. All in all we enjoyed ourselves and didn't feel rushed. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FindironladyDined on 8/14/2014The food, service and staff were all great. Four of us dined that night and a couple brought food home for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CraiglovesMarsalaDined on 8/9/2014Went to see Diva perform and to dance after dinner. Can't dance on Carpeting however. Recommend that you take up carpet in front of restaurant where Diva played and replace with wood or laminate floor and it wouldn't be that expensive. Others who Had you had the floor we would have stayed and drank another couple of drinks. Others who follow Diva will feel the same and you could increase your customer count with a dance floor. We really enjoyed the food. My Veal Marsala was off the hook!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was great and the service wonderful. We have no complaints and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An A list herePjk123Dined on 8/1/2014Tried this based on other reviews. Very glad we did. Everything was spot on. Food and service were excellent. The staff all worked together like a close knit family. Loved this! Ordered the grilled calamari - best I've had yet. As a food network junkie, any professional chef on this show would agree it was flawless. Tried the Scottish salmon as a special. Equally delicious. My husband ordered one of the recommended pasta dishes and loved every bite. Be prepared to bring some home with you as portions were more than generous. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frozen FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/26/2014Went here for dinner after wanting to try for a long time and was extremely disappointed. I ordered the risotto special which had shrimp and vegetables on it. My dinner came and the shrimp were tough and tasted like they just thawed them from freezer. The veg mix was broccoli, zucchini and carrots which also tasted like they came out of freezer. My husband got the braciole which should be tender enough to eat with fork but he could barely cut with knife and pasta on the side was undercooked. For the prices $25 for Risotto and $38 for braciole I would have thought good would be fresh. If you are looking for good quality Italian good this is not the place.
- SaltyDinerDined on 7/22/2014We took two friends [4 total] for dinner. Our first visit. The pasta was very salty. It was learned our guests had been before, and they commented the last time they dined here, the dish was also very salty. Since three of four questioned the salt content, we believe it is not a one night problem.Special Features:
- Excellent!ACHHDined on 7/19/2014Service was great!! Food was very good! What a great neighborhood dinner place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinesometimesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Seafood plate that was recommended tasted great but did smell a little fishy. Friendly serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in WheatonMsowlDined on 7/9/2014I have never been disappointed at Il Sogno. All home-made Italian dishes can't be beat! Great family behind this restaurant!Special Features:
- Best Italian in Western burbsmarcoprincessDined on 6/30/2014Being Italian and the cook in the family I am often disappointed when I eat Italian out of the home. The exception is Il Songo which translates to the dream. The entry is lacking but the restaurant is located on the 2nd and the ambiance is worn but clean. Now to the food which is fantastic. I had the eggplant parm. It was the best I have ever had anywhere any time. I had the grilled calamari. The serving was huge and very tasty. My wife had the gnocchi and loved it. Support this restaurant we need to keep great Italian food in the burbsSpecial Features:
- 1st TimershungryDined on 6/27/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and it won't be the last! We were a party of four and all had excellent dinners. Service was fabulous, décor was beautiful - nothing about this trip was negative. Can't wait to try their other dishes.Special Features:
- FantasticRandyDined on 6/22/2014We dined at Il Sogno for the first time on Sunday, June 22, 2014. We (two couples) were early for our reservation and were promptly seated. Our Server, Rosie and part-owner was extremely attentive and provided us with a full description of the menu. My food allergy was easily accommodated. The food was fantastic. I strongly recommend this restaurant! Il Sogno is now our favorite Italian Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chibobVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great veal & fish --- service for a Sat night was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian; interesting venueDiner100Dined on 6/7/2014Very good food and a nice view of downtown Wheaton from the second floor. We really liked the band which was very good and played softly so as not to make it impossible to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okMsFerisDined on 5/25/2014Food tasted "old", as though it had been prepared a few days ahead of time and warmed up as needed.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Il Sogno Wheaton reviews archive.