Il Sogno Ristorante - Staten Island
26 Jefferson Blvd.
Staten Island, NY 10312Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Sogno Ristorante - Staten Island
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ilsognorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7183567800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: http://ilsognorestaurant.com/MARCOmusic.html
A word from Il Sogno Ristorante - Staten Island
Il Sogno Ristorante is located in Staten Island. We serve Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Sogno Ristorante - Staten Island reviews from OpenTable diners
- enjoyable nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013Food was excellent and the owner comes around to inquire on your meal and service. The personal touch makes a big difference! I would recommend this restaurant others for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and attentveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013Excellent food and attentve service. Tons of staff all over the place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terrible.joanneDined on 10/13/2013Waiter didn't write anything down then kept coming back asking what we ordered. Took over 20 min to get coffee, no dessert ordered. Was not crowded. Then lost our credit card. Will not be going back.
- Outstanding, plus!!!LovestoeatDined on 9/27/2013Been there many times, running out of superlative adjectives. All that is left to say is that I have never been disappointed and the service and food is consistently outstanding....what more can be said?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratednycnycVIPDined on 9/26/2013Appetizers: Penne Alla Melanzana course good/very good. Mozzarella with artichoke hearts was creative and very good. Main Courses: Grilled Pork Chop was very good. Chicken Parmigiana was good/very good. The Veal Marsala was the disaster of the night. the sauce was good, however the veal did not taste fresh and could not be hidden by the sauce-Poor. Dessert was good/very good. Service was attentive but overdone and somewhat confused. The noise level was quite loud and the bar area in particular was crowded and difficult to pass through to the dining areas. Expected better.
- Great Italian RestaurantginnytDined on 8/30/2013The food was great. I had the price fix lunch dinner which offered a nice selection. The Sangria was the best I have had . I had the Chic francaise dinner which came with mashed potato and Broccoli rabe. Everything was cooked to perfection and delicious. This place was the perfect place for us to celebrate my friends birthday. They even put a candle on her ice cream dessert tortoni. Coffee was brewed to perfection. I couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate my friends birthday with the special attention they gave us. I would highly recommend this place to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service, as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2013Once again a great experience, the specials were outstanding. When you have great food, service & atmosphere it results in repeat customers, like me!Special Features:
- Great spot for Sat. night!artama517Dined on 8/10/2013Very good food and a wonderful staff. Excellent entertainment on the weekends..Great place lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and superlative serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2013This place is a real find, and right here in the neighborhood. Imaginative menu, wonderful presentation and impeccable service. Has instantly become our favorite Italian restaurant....we will certainly return, and highly recommend to all our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite local restaurantNickDined on 7/13/2013My fiancé and I were there on Saturday to celebrate her birthday and Il Sogno, as usual, did not disappoint. The owner Pedro and his staff are top notch and always treat us like royalty whenever we go there. Their food is excellent but their service is was willl keep us going back. It's truly a pleasure to eat at Il Sogno and I would recommend to anyone they need to try it. Some food highlights we recommend are the Il Sogno Terzetto for appetizer along with a new rock shrimp they started serving. The tri-color gnocchi for pasta. I almost always have a special for my entree because there are always multiple delicious options. And finally the banana flambé is worth ordering for the performance alone. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il SognoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013As always this is the most incredible place for not only Italian food, but a mixed bag..............we'ver been going in for 2 years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- TOO LOUD on a Saturday Night...NYFoodieVIPDined on 6/16/2013This restaurant used to be an awesome spot for entertainment. But I guess so many people found out about Il Sogno it's crowded now every Saturday night, and TOO NOISY to hear the singers, and even have a conversation at your table. Regretably I'm wishing Il Sogno farewell...
- Always great!LovestoeatDined on 6/8/2013Have been there many, many times....always outstanding food and incredible, but never hovering, service. The dinner specials this time were particularly of note...the salmon and the mahi-mahi. Can never say enough good things about Il Sogno...the owner, the food and the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Only Outdone by ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2013Beautiful neighborhood restaurant. The food was delicious. Presentation of the food was outstanding. The angus steak dish was perfect. The service was some of the best I have ever encountered: friendly, attentive, knowledgable, and helpful. They had no problem accomodating a 9:00 pm reservation. Very nice wine list too. Wonderful live singing of some classic standards. Music could get a little loud at times but overall added to the wonderful vibe of the entire restaurant. Valet parking is offered but there is also ample parking withing feet of the restaurant. Overall, I do not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys premium Italian at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationvincenzoDined on 5/28/2013We enjoyed the entire experience for our special evening, the Food was excellent , the menu was substantial with interesting specials. All our selected courses were excellent The beef barley soup , the pastas ( ravioli and spaghetti in a basil sauce ) , chicken francese and grilled pork chop. Can't wait to sample other dishes on our next visit. The service was friendly and attentive. The ambiance was romantic and the music was perfect, subtle and to our taste. The prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBeukeboomDined on 5/24/2013Those familiar where the old Angelina's was in Staten Island should try this restaurant. Food was excellent as was our servers. It seems that it was a joint staff where we had at least 3-4 persons making sure we were taken care off. Great place for after dinner as they have live entertainment. Especially like it when Mario and Louise perform there. They rock the place and have a great following.Special Features:
- Excellent Food , Excellent Service2ThumbsUpVIPDined on 5/12/2013This is my third time at Il Sogno and I have never been disappointed ! Service and food is excellent and always with a smile !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and Service...noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2013I love this place. The service and food are terrific for the price. The only wish is that some noise absorbing panels are put in. Sound level is harsh for romantic conversation and if there are kids in the restaurant, forget about it. Otherwise, this is one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- Great FoodRobertDined on 5/4/2013Been there a few times now. The food is always delicious! Service is very good. They have a singer on Saturday nights, he was pretty good. Room out by bar can get very loud during dinner, hard to have a conversation. We sat in other room, it was much more quiet.Special Features:
- Food is great but.......ChrisReppinNYCVIPDined on 5/2/2013This is my forth time there and every time we say the food is so good let's give them another chance. I think we are done giving them chances. We made early reservations, when we got there there were about 6 waiters (we were the only customers) and we couldn't even get a menu. Service is always the problem and they don't seem to care. If you dont care about service and just want good Italian food then this is the place for you. If they got their act together we would become loyal customers.
- A sure gem if even on StatemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013A sure gem if even on Statem Island - beats some of the fanicer places in the city - food is excellent - and the portions are just right - as in Europe - not too much = and just enough- service excellent - waiters handsomely dressed - ambiance is nice. A win, win - eat there often and never disappointed. Just go!Special Features:
- best kept secretmochaDined on 4/27/2013tucked in a strip mall in annadale this place is great from the time you walkin till the time you leave your ever wish is fulfilled, the food is great and so is the serviceSpecial Features:
- Party After DinerAllAboutFoodDined on 4/6/2013Our party of 6 had to wait about 15 minutes for our 7:30 table, so we reluctantly had what turned out to be an enjoyable drink a the bar. Once seated, the wait staff was attentive and helpful selecting our wine. Our meal was very good and at 9:00, just about when we were ordering coffee & desert, a live singer starts the romance with its clientele. By 10 PM people are dancing and everyone is friendly and enjoying the party.Special Features:
- Unbelieveable place, alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2013Unbelieveable place, always fabulous, always consistent, if you don't see what you want on the menu they will make it for you, it was my birthday and they brought us over a piece of cheesecake with Happy Birthday spelled out on the plate, and bought us to glasses of wine...............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was in such a "rush"LjjlVIPDined on 3/9/2013Our waiter was in such a "rush" that he made far too many mistakes. When I told him he needed to slow down and pay attention, he told me he was too busy!
- This was our second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013This was our second time at this restaurant. We were seated promptly, with no wait at all. However we were seated at a table in the middle of the room that made us feel like we were in the middle of a train station, with people (wait staff) zipping by in all directions. As always the food was excellent. The noise level is a bit high, with no decor that would absorb sound. The staff is attentive, and the meal was great. I would go back, just ask to sit against a wall, and not in the middle of the bus lane.Special Features:
- Went here for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Went here for Valentine's Day with a new love interest. Perfect atmosphere for talking and dining!Special Features:
- Great food and the night weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2013Great food and the night we were there they had live entertainment (we did not know this when we made our reservation) which was fun for me because I love music from the 50's and 60's but if you don't you may not enjoyed your dinner. Service was good but a little disorganized. I overheard a waiter asking table to finish their after dinner drinks at the bar. They were NOT happy to be pushed out. It was a little unprofessional, in my opinion. We did enjoy our evening and would go back.
- great neighborhood place.ChrisReppinNYCVIPDined on 1/4/2013The shrimp a la roca is OUT OF THIS WORLD!! We love it!Special Features:
- We went on New Year's Eve,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We went on New Year's Eve, early dinner. Menu was limited but everything great!Special Features:
- A nice find in Staten IslandChrisReppinNYCVIPDined on 12/31/2012there are only a few exceptional italian restaurants (most are good but not all are exceptional) in Staten Island and this was added to my exceptional list. my only complaint is that for New Year's Eve they were not flexible AT ALL with what I wanted to order, not even a small modification i.e. add cheese to pasta. the food was very good but they could have been a bit more flexible, especially since we were there early and it wasn't busy yet.Special Features:
- Surprising SI RestauranyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2012A rare, exceptional Staten Island restaurant. Although a little on the pricey side, my wife and I walked out surprisingly satisfied with food, atmosphere and service. Warm, and elegant. Not the typical menu. Lots of wonderful combinations and variations. 3 apps, 2 mains, 3 glasses of sangria 2 coffees and 2 desserts landed us around the $170 mark. Expensive for SI, but not insulting considering the exceptional service and quality.Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2012The food was very good but I believe that they were overwhelmed because it was very busy. We waited a very long time for our appetizers and it seemed like everyone was running all over the place and no one was getting anywhere. They kept telling us that our appetizer was coming - 40 minutes after we placed the order. We had ordered 2 appetizers for the table. One came, and it wasn't what we thought it was. They checked and said it was, but we could keep it and they would not charge us. The next appetizer arrived a good 15 minutes later. At the end of the night, we were in fact charged for the appetizer, but we felt that it wasn't worth the time it would take to straighten out the bill so we paid it.
- Have been there many, manyLovestoeatDined on 11/10/2012Have been there many, many times....always something special.Special Features:
- I was there Saturday withNickDined on 11/10/2012I was there Saturday with my girlfriend for anniversary and we keep coming back here. It's our favorite local restaurant. The food is always excellent, the drinks are generous and most importantly they treat you like family!Special Features:
- Would definitely return forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Would definitely return for dinner and entertainment. Food is very good,and the menu has a variety to choose from. Service was outstanding..........Special Features:
- We have been there many timesLovestoeatDined on 10/26/2012We have been there many times and have never, ever been disappointed. The mark of a great restaurant....consistentcy.....consistently outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- Went there for my anniversary.IlkewineDined on 6/23/2012Went there for my anniversary. I remember when it was angelinas the decor has remained the same. The service has improved dramticly. The waiter was friendly Nd professional not pushy. I will return with friends like I do with most places that make me feel good. Thank you il sogno molto bene.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012A very enjoyable experience for Father's Day! The food was outstanding and the service attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Very happy with most everythingConflictedDined on 6/13/2012Very happy with most everything we ordered. The kobe meatballs were a tad too mushy, but the grilled calamari was perfect. The salmon/grilled octopus was awesome and the sangria was super yummy. The Italian cheesecake was a tad heavy on the orange zest....My only complaint would be that they were a tad too attentive, asking us how things were quite a no less than 5 times during the meal....would definitely go back to try more!Special Features: