Il Sogno Ristorante - Port Chester
316 Boston Post Road
Port Chester, NY 10573Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Sogno Ristorante - Port Chester
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilsognony.com/
- Phone: 9149377200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private parties in three different rooms for a various number of guests. Please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Jimmy 9149377200
A word from Il Sogno Ristorante - Port Chester
Il Sogno Ristorante has just moved from Manhattan to Port Chester. Il Sogno has an enticing menu that focuses on a modern Italian/Mediterranean cuisine. Offering more than 1,000 different dishes throughout the year, Il Sogno is noted for specialties such as Pesce al Sale (Sea Bass in Sea Salt Crust), Risotto Crema Tartuffo (Risotto with creme of white truffles in Parmesan Crust), and Pan Seared Langostine. The inviting space features warm, yet modern decor in a comfortable setting to suit any occasion. Join us for lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Sogno Ristorante - Port Chester - Best Restaurants in Port Chester ›
Il Sogno Ristorante - Port Chester reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Il Sogno is great.johnpearl44VIPDined on 10/18/2014I always leave Il Sogno loving the experience. The food is wonderful, the service attentive and the ambiance welcoming. A treat.Special Features:
- WeezmoonDined on 9/6/2014Service was extremely spotty. We were, however, comped with dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!RaybabeVIPDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food. Great, as always. Can't say anything negativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Italian food!Acbas92418VIPDined on 9/4/2014Greatest Italian food can be found here for lunch and dinner. Eggplant lasagna is a specialty not to be missed. Terrific soups and all kinds of dishes and they are very flexible if you want something cooked a special way. Two thumbs up here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BestExpectationsVIPDined on 9/3/2014I have known Jimmy for many years, but have only recently followed him to the restaurant he transplanted from the City. Why I waited so long, I have no idea. Just being in the restaurant, watching the owner interact with customers, seeing the enthusiasm he and his staff bring to the meal is refreshing. But along with the great atmosphere, you'll find Italian cuisine that is at the top of the charts. The white truffle pasta is not to be missed. Trust Jimmy on his wine selections as well. In Italian Il Sogno means The Dream--aptly named.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantBackfromgreeceVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is an excellent restaurant. The service was attentive, and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Never tire of this Italian star!Acbas92418VIPDined on 8/19/2014Love the food and service here at Il Sogno. The best Italian food in Westchester: have never had a bad experience here. From soups,to salads to main courses everything is excellent. They are very pleasant to deal with too, and very accommodating too: will do any dish for you. Love this place! Jimmy is a pro and his chef, a genius.Special Features:
- Always a diner's delight!Acbas92418VIPDined on 7/29/2014If you are a foodie, and enjoy Italian food, this is one of the best spots in the NY Metro area! Jimmy will prepare anything for you, the way you want it and everything on the menu is superb. The chef is a genius at this most popular restaurant....from the homemade biscotti to the eggplant lasagna, you cannot go wrong here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Sogno never disapointsjohnpearl44VIPDined on 7/12/2014Upper east side quality italian in an obscure Port Chester location. Food is great, service never disapoints. Jimmy the owner is always around and attentive. We are regulars go twice a month.Special Features:
- superb Italian food here!Acbas92418VIPDined on 7/9/2014I have never had a bad meal here: they keep turning out exceptional dishes & are very flexible about preparing something the way you like it. Big menu and always great specials make this my fave spot in Westchester / Fairfield county!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 404 reviews are from the Il Sogno Ristorante - Port Chester reviews archive.
- Italian foodies rejoice!Acbas92418VIPDined on 6/24/2014Il Sogno never disappoints, from their pastas, soups, salads & fish/meat dishes, you cannot have a bad meal here. I am a huge fan of Il Sogno and consider it one of the absolute best restaurants in the Westchester/Fairfield area. Keep on doing what you do so well Jimmy!Special Features:
- familyof4Dined on 6/20/2014The appetizers were very good - especially the calamari. The pasta entrees were also good but we found them a bit salty for our taste.
- Nice SupperchickyDined on 6/1/2014After being seated promptly, it took at least 6 or 7 minutes before someone came over and hand us menus. The restaurant was not busy. It was the manager (owner?) who finally told us the specials and gave us menus. After that everything went smoothly. It was a long list of specials. We had a tough time deciding what to choose. We split the eggplant lasagna (no noodles) as an appetizer. It was very good. Nice layers of eggplant, cheese and a flavorful sauce. Our entrees were just as good. I had a nice size bone-in tender pork chop smothered with peppers, onions and mushrooms. Yum. Husband had homemade pasta with veal ragu. He enjoyed it but would have liked more pasta. We are looking forward to visiting Il Sogno very soon.Special Features:
- Mother's DaybigjuleVIPDined on 5/11/2014Had eaten here several times before and liked the food, while the price was reasonable. However, they only offered a special "Mother's Day menu" on that day and it was extremely overpriced. Disappointed with that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasure!tvmannVIPDined on 5/9/2014best food, especially if you are going to the capitol theater!Special Features:
- Great foodmm29Dined on 4/12/2014Food and service are outstanding.Noise level in the main dining room is another story.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been here 3 times nowOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2014We've been here 3 times now and it is always excellent. Great service, delicious food. You have to try their special white truffle pasta. We split one portion 4 ways as a pasta appetizer, it is amazing! Enjoy...Special Features:
- Foodies, your search has ended!Acbas92418VIPDined on 3/30/2014Best Italian food you could hope for outside of flying to Italy for a terrific meal. If you like eggplant, try their eggplant lasagna; like soups? All of their soups are wonderful, as are their salads. And all their pastas, especially the one with the truffle sauce! Yum.Special Features:
- Can be excellentRobertVIPDined on 3/22/2014We were so impressed with our visit on a Sunday during restaurant week that we returned the nextSaturday. We began with the pear gorgonzola salad and it was very good. I ordered flat pasta with shrimp and small scallops. It was delivered with a small portion of the pasta and ten baby scallops - no shrimp. I brought it to the attention of our waiter who did not return to our table until the end of the mear. He apologized and said the must have made a mistake in the kitchen, but that was it, so I paid a hefty price for a scant meal that was not consistent with the description on the menu. I was very disappointed and frankly, if not for this incident, Il Sogno would have been our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Hidden in Plain Site GemStrockVIPDined on 3/21/2014It would be very easy to drive right past this amazing restaurant, and it would be a very big mistake. The staff is as professional as any of the best restaurants in NYC, and the food is over-the-top delicious. The menu is creative and the chef clearly knows how to cook, and must love his job, because this si some of the best food I've ever eaten. Do yourself a favor and go eat here...now!Special Features:
- Bring your appetite here!Acbas92418VIPDined on 3/18/2014A fabulous neighborhood, hidden gem, in a part of town no one expects such superb food! Their menu is sensational and the food never disappoints. Jimmy knows everything you order in his head, and if he recommends something, have it, excellent chef and place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ItalianAcbas92418VIPDined on 3/18/2014This is my favorite restaurant for lunch or dinner. Whatever you choose from their extensive menu it will make you happy you did....nothing has ever disappointed. Salads, soups, pastas, esp. Eggplant lasagna....finest Italian in Fairfield and Westchester County!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is a wonderful placeRobertVIPDined on 3/16/2014although it doesn't look that great from the outside the food is very good and seasoned well, not to mention that the waiter was very polite and honest . the short ribs are to die for so was the salad. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant dinnerLimmsonDined on 3/14/2014We decided to return to Il Sogno because it's Restaurant Week, and ordinarily the price range is a little beyond our budget. We had an extremely satisfying experience. The food was excellent! I hope that Restaurant Week brought and rewarded many new diners because, frankly, another reason we have avoided Il Sogno is that no one ever seems to be there. Maybe being nestled among Dunkin Donuts, MacDonald's, Burger King, and gas stations is not the most propitious location for an upscale Northern Italian style restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live for Il Sogno!Acbas92418VIPDined on 3/13/2014I love Italian food and a few years ago, my girlfriends 60th was held here. I was so glad to be introduced to this Italian gem. I grew up in this area and had driven past it a million times but never eaten here. What a delightful surprise. Probably the best Italian food outside of Italy! And I worked for Gourmet magazine, so I know good food! This is great, and you must have their eggplant lasagna: out of this world. And their soups too. And everything else! Lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great serviceDSSBenDined on 3/12/2014This was 2nd time at Il Sogno. I've only had lunch there, but the food is excellent and the service is very attentive. There were only about 4 tables of people in the restaurant, so I don't know how the service would be if it had been very busy, but I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Sogno is tops in it's field!Acbas92418VIPDined on 3/1/2014Best Italian food in Westchester County. No contest. When it comes to soups, salads, main courses, you name it, this kitchen turns out the best Italian food in the county, night after night, day after day. Their eggplant lasagna is my favorite dish here, and I never tire of it....their soups are first rate and they add extra touches at the start of your meal and to end your meal that are delicious and first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The specials always soundOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/15/2014The specials always sound & taste so good, you don't even need to look at the menu! Their veal martini is the best in the county! You can't go wrong no matter what you order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place to EatsrfoodieVIPDined on 2/9/2014Very good food (all 4 of us ordered specials) in a nice dining room. Friendly, helpful service. On site parking. Not crowded at dinner except on weekends.Special Features:
- Consistently outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014Consistently outstanding food and service. Great menu variety. Comprehensive wind lust with great value selection. My go to place in an area with many outstanding Italian restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected pleasure!Localdiner63VIPDined on 2/8/2014From the outside, you would pass right by this spot - but you will regret not giving it a try! While it looks like a converted drive-thru restaurant (and its roots probably date back to something like that given overall area), this is a true local gem. Food specials of the night - from a broccoli rabe soup with a potato base (no cream) to the linguini with truffle sauce that we shared at our table, to the special veal milanese chop (pounded and prepared deliciously; enough to feed 4!), everything was delicious. Service was great, including the menu offerings outlined by the owner at the outset. We did not even need to open our menus. At we were given a great suggestion for an Italian red wine that was decanted at our table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adore this Italian gem!Acbas92418VIPDined on 1/29/2014Am regularly dining here on a weekly basis as I think their food is the best in Westchester/Fairfield County for Italian. Staff is great too .service excellent! Their eggplant lasagna is one of the greatest Dishes ever!Special Features:
- TiredprettygoodmomDined on 1/25/2014The food was just so-so. The eggplant lasagna appetizer was the best thing we had. The waiter speedily named about 15 specials -- 2 soups, 2 salads, 2 other appetizers, 3 meat entrees, 3 pasta entrees, 3 fish entrees, etc. and THEN hands you the menu. It's too much, too quickly! The staff is efficient but not friendly. The atmosphere is "traditional Italian" and a bit tired. Overall, not a great dinner. Won't be back.
- Gem on a busy roadRed1VIPDined on 1/24/2014Casual dinner here January 25. Very light crowd for a Friday night, restaurant probably half-full and almost nobody at the bar. Location probably works against it, because although it's in a great spot as far as vehicle traffic, it shares an intersection with a McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts so perhaps many folks don't take it seriously and give it a try. Our waiter real golf so many appetizers and entrées specials that we almost couldn't keep up, but suffice it to say that there something for anyone's preference. From our greeting at the door to the martinis at the bar, to the casual atmosphere, solid attentive service, and varied menu... We would definitely recommend this gem in Port Chester.Special Features:
- Best Italian food!!Acbas92418VIPDined on 1/18/2014Love their menu and my favorite Italian dish ever: eggplant lasagna. The best. Their salads are great as are their dishes with pasta, meat and/or fish. One of my fave places!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 1/18/2014This is one of our favorite local restaurants. Each time we come there are more than a dozen specials, recited with great detail by the very competent waiters. There is a variety of pasta, meat, poultry and fish dishes from which to choose. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- nice, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014chose this restaurant because the reviews were all very good. Was surprised that the place was quite empty on a Friday night - maybe due to the holiday weekend. The wait staff was attentive. Extremely long list of specials - would have been better if there were printed and left at the table - too many to remember. Our friends got there early and sat at the bar for a drink - no wine by the glass at the bar, yet we were able to order wine by the glass at the table. That doesn't make sense to me. We all had salads and fish - very pleased with our meal. I would go back if I wanted a very quiet place to dine.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner, quiet spotBillVIPDined on 1/10/2014The pasta with truffle cream and veal shank were outstanding and the sole excellent. Lovely waitstaff. Not very popular on a wintery Friday - perhaps due to the odd location on the Post Road strip. Look forward to exploring the menu on return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian in Westchester!Acbas92418VIPDined on 1/7/2014The food at this local gem is outstanding. Eggplant parm is out of this world, as are their soups, salads, fish dishes, to say nothing of the pasta dishes. Love this place and the guys who tend to you at your table are wonderful. First rate!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceCharlieDined on 12/31/2013We dine here often and find it to be one of the best Italian restaurants in Westchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.