2932 Beverly Glen Circle
Bel Air, CA 90077Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilsegretoristorante.com/
- Phone: 3104748644
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giacomino Drago
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful glass enclosed wine room that can seat up to 15 guests comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Salvatore Truglio 3104748644
A word from Il Segreto
Nestled in the hills of Bel-Air, Il Segreto is the newest addition to the group of restaurants owned by Chef and restaurateur Giacomino Drago.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Segreto reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (22)romantic (13)special occasion (12)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (10)good for groups (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We have never been in any restaurant with the sounds as terrible as it was, we could not wait to leave. I did inform both this site and the restaurant that we were celebrating a birthday and they ignored. it.
- MsVirgMsVirgDined on 9/5/2014It is booked to the max. Very noisy. Bu the food is excellent. Prices are fair too.The secret is out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So loud it wasn't pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014So loud we couldn't hear our friends. It was so noisy the waitress didn't hear the order correctly. We couldn't hear the dinner selections without her repeating it several times. Not very conducive to conversation. Food was very average.Special Features:
- jkl1VIPDined on 8/23/2014We love the food here, but on a busy Saturday night, the restaurant was very understaffed. The waiter would disappear. There was one bread plate missing from the table and no oil or balsamic for the bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceFussyEatersDined on 8/15/2014The service was again far below standard for a Drago restaurant. I expect the waiter to come to our table after a course is served to check on how we like it and to take a criticism seriously. i had asked him about the corn soup before ordering it. He said "I've had no complaints." When he finally came to sort of ask how we enjoyed our dinner after both courses were almost done, I told him he had his first complaint about the corn soup. He grunted and walked away. Later the manager came by and perfunctorily asked how was dinner and also brushed off my comment regarding the corn soup. The manager spends little with guests. I believe the manager and staff is in need of training or should possibly be in another line of work.
- AWESOME!crazy4italianDined on 8/13/2014This is a great little restaurant with great food and wine.The desserts are amazing. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Desert EverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Must try their special desert-Chocolate Chip Raspeberry Cheese cake with Ricotta Cheese-you will love itSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014The service was terrific and they were attentive, but the portions in the pasta category were small and we felt that the presentation of our meals really lacked appeal. No love there, that's for sure. The outdoor ambiance was very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Excellent service, we were a party of 6. Servers were so attentive and could not have been nicer!Special Features:
- LOVE this place!lafoodieDined on 7/18/2014Always fun to come back to Il Segreto. Food is consistently delicious. They make the best Cacio e Pepe ever! Service is attentive, everything else we ordered was wonderful.Special Features:
- FabuloussillyVIPDined on 7/17/2014Always superb service and food. They always honor the reservationSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/14/2014it's always exciting to visit a new restaurant in the neighborhood. not thrilled with this one. didn't try the pastas but neither I nor my companion felt the food was anything other than average. wouldn't rush back.
- Great find!TopperDined on 6/10/2014Wonderful authentic Italian food! Great atmosphere and private rooms for two too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellet foodKathyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great food And service !!! Gluten free pasta..white asparagus salad and Gavi ??? Perfect !!!! Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- The following 43 reviews are from the Il Segreto reviews archive.
- Great Food, Service, & AmbianceRitaDined on 5/18/2014More than a neighborhood restaurant. We always enjoy dining at Il Segreto. They have wonderful Italian food. Servers are gracious and the ambiance inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2014excellent food, beautifully served, a wonderful restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, food is hit-n-misRealwomendontcookDined on 4/28/2014This is my third time dining at Il Segretto in Beverly Glen and though I have never had a bad meal here only 1 out of three meals was truly good. The first time I dined here was a rainy cool night and the upstairs area with fireplace was cozy and inviting. The lentil soup was salty and bland, but the wine was great and the service was excellent. The second time I had the fresh pasta with pesto and was delighted (!) with both my meal and service. After that I decided to write off the first experience as just an off night for the chef. However, I returned this week for risotto and found it salty, runny. Come here for atmosphere and drinks, but don't expect a culinary masterpiece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess Gets DemeritsSparkyDined on 4/18/2014When their reservation system screwed up, the hostess didn't immediately take responsibility but instead tried to seat us in the corner of a mostly empty restaurant. Put a downer on an otherwise excellent meal.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseMikeVIPDined on 4/13/2014What a nice little surprise…. Food was excellent, service terrific, and very convenient location….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodsteveebralovestoeatDined on 3/16/2014There is not a bad table in this restaurant, but the upstairs is especially nice and romantic, even great for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marina, our waitress, wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/14/2014Marina, our waitress, was outstanding! But the kitchen of Il Segreto does not know how to make good pasta, or even good Tiramisu. The other Drago Family restaurants are much superior to Il Segreto. We would not return----or recommend it----until they put a new chef into the kitchen.
- Another Giacomino success !JuilavhaVIPDined on 3/12/2014Giacomino Drago has done a terrific job- again ! of creating a cozy & delicious spot ! the host, Salvatore - a longtime veteran of various Giacomino Drago restaurants is always professional, welcoming, & aware of the needs of each table ! Definitely a favourite spot !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting for a great mealgbs12345VIPDined on 3/5/2014Dinner at Il Segreto was excellent. The four of us split two salads, one pasta dish and two entrees and two desserts. We all loved every bite of everything. It's so pleasant up there. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were by the youngest peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2014We were by the youngest people there (mid 30's) and we sat up stairs - quieter and more intimate and had a great time. We had the artichoke and Caesar salads and the four of us all had various pastas. Excellent service and really solid homemade raviolis. Nices wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2014Reservations honored with no wait. Friendly and attentive service. Menu varied and all dishes prepared very well. Love their food. Need to have valet service on Sundays or at least all evenings open as parking can be a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic eveningKimmyDDined on 1/25/2014We live in the neighborhood and finally got around to trying this restaurant. We had a really wonderful evening. If you're looking for a more intimate dining experience, you'll definitely want to sit upstairs. While downstairs is quite nice, the tables are closer together and the noise level is amplified. We sat upstairs by the fireplace and it was perfect. Everything we ordered was delicious (beef carpaccio, allegra salad, parpadelle con porcini and the veal malinese) and if you prefer to bring your own wine (we did), the corkage is $25. We topped off our meal with cannelonis, tiramisu and a couple of cappuccinos. After tip, we got out at just under $200. We'll go again, but will more likely save it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The DineLa menu disappointinglyMindaVIPDined on 1/24/2014The DineLa menu disappointingly did not offer a good deal. As such, we ordered from the regular menu and enjoyed our meal for only $2 more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although I like the fact thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2014Although I like the fact that it's just minutes from my home, I find it overpriced. If the prices were lower, I'd eat there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local restaurant . TheNickDined on 1/21/2014Nice local restaurant . The pasta portions were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret is out...RoGoVIPDined on 1/18/2014Great meal, warm and friendly service, and a nice intimate setting. Highly recommended. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Deleicious but crowdedOnlineukDined on 1/17/2014I don't eat gluten so I had the Penne Romana, light a delicious . My friend had the Ravioli Burrata, divine! The pino Grigio was fresh and crisp The tables were closer together than I would have liked but the decor is lovely and I will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Perfect locationTerreDined on 1/5/2014I love this restaurant. Its location makes it the perfect place to meet my friends from the Valley since I live in Beverly Hills. It is 20 minutes for both of us. I took my friend's daughter out for a congratulatory dinner after she graduated college. The waitstaff was incredible as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We would love to say thatnothappyDined on 12/28/2013We would love to say that we would be returning soon, but because of the noise level we will not. Food was very good. But the purpose of dining with friends is to talk and enjoy each others company. Not possible at this restaurant. We truly regret this as the restaurant is in our neighborhood.
- Yummy Authentic ItalianAlexfamilyVIPDined on 12/24/2013Loved this place and will definitely go back. Although they did not have my Open Table reservation, they sat me right away and everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrated and priceyBrianVIPDined on 12/23/2013Service was abysmal. Nobody paid us any attention! Restaurant was unbelievably noisy where I couldn't hear across the table. Food was completely average, and for the price, I would have rather cooked at home or gone to Olive Garden. Not recommended.Special Features:
- We had a very good dinner.RoscoeVIPDined on 12/14/2013We had a very good dinner. However, the space is very cramped and tight. I was constantly being bumped while the table next to me was being served. Having said that, the food was delicious and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Our Italian Restaurant"PhaedraVIPDined on 12/11/2013My husband and I are thrilled that Giacomino Drago decided to open another restaurant with food as delicious as his flagship Il Pastio in Beverly Hills. Il Segreto is located just south of Mulholland and gives those of us living in the corridor a neighborhood gem. As the Billy Joel song goes, thanks for making this "our Italian restaurant!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsPapaPaulDined on 12/7/2013Every aspect of the dinner was terrific. Table ready and waiting when we arrived. Staff attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Smoothly accommodated special requests and made appropriate suggestions.. Food top notch. We especially liked the frito misto antipasto, langoustine special and the osso bucco. Small quibble: the wine list could offer more selections. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like all drago's, it's gooddeadreDined on 11/23/2013this is definitely a local hangout up in The Glen. The food is good, the tables are close and the noise lever is awful. If you care about noise, don't go. If you want a good looking crowd, good italian food, good service then go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem on Beverly GlenOneFabMomVIPDined on 11/14/2013Thank goodness Mullholland Grill is no more and instead Il Segretto! Food is amazing, service is too. You can also dine outside. Love it!Special Features: