Il Salici at the Willows
382 Cartwright St
Saskatoon, SK S7T 1B1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Il Salici at the Willows
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.willowsgolf.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=10
- Phone: (306) 956-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Robert Martin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music Friday & Saturday 6:30PM to 9:30PM
A word from Il Salici at the Willows
Classic Italian Dining with a Modern Twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Il Salici at the Willows - Best Restaurants in Saskatoon ›
Il Salici at the Willows reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (17)special occasion (15)good for groups (12)great for lunch (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- PhenomenalBunchofladiesDined on 10/31/2014Our visits to Il Salici have always been wonderful. We have never been disappointed. We will definitely be back again, as a couple or as a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winegoodfoodiseverythingDined on 10/9/2014Excellent food, great setting and view and fun company. A great evening. Nothing more needed or wanted.Special Features:
- Food just OKanonymousDined on 10/2/2014Enjoyed our time at the Willows restaurant because of the server and the atmosphere. The food was just OK. Nothing special on the night we were there. I had the veal and it basically just came with some roasted small potatoes and the flavour was nothing special. Sorry, but for the price I wouldn't recommend it, especially for the food.Special Features:
- Only one waitress!DinerDined on 10/1/2014There was only one waitress for the entire dining romm. It was a Wednesday evening and only three tables; but all three tables came in pretty close to the same time, one table had big allergy issues and I inquired about substituting on a dish. This young lady was awesome: she was very friendly, helpful and pleasant. She kept a smile and her cool while delivering chef rules to the allergy issue table, apologies to the other two tables for slower service while dealing with the allergy issues and for my burnt chicken. It is an up scale restaraunt, but felt it was missing a few basics. Over all, we enjoyed our evening (again, especially the waitress), the ambiance and our meals were ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceloaderbossmanDined on 9/21/2014great service and excellent buffet and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the Willowstime4winewithlunchDined on 9/2/2014A group of 16 met for lunch. We had a lovely visit, great lunch off the menu. Our server was wonderful. We find the Willows convenient to get to with great hassle free parking. The menu is varied enough for everyone to find an item to their choosing. Try the clam and spicy sausage soup. It is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Very enjoyable. Good service. Good food. No complaints!Special Features:
- DisappointedlamansDined on 8/27/2014While this is a beautiful setting, the service level left a lot to be desired. The time it took to get a glass of wine was painful and our meals took ages to be served. There was no Manager on duty and our waitress was apologetic, but it didn't ease the pain of the wait.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great ambiance and view. Food was average. My char was too cooked and dry , slightly burnt.Special Features:
- Luncheon commentarycandleDined on 8/25/2014everything very good.....music too loud for conversation. Server was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I were placed at a table with a view of the sunset over the golf course. The staff was kind and attentive and made every effort to make our evening wonderful. They were accommodating, too, when I requested that a pianist come in and play our wedding song as a surprise for my husband and I. My husband had lamb and I had Arctic Charr, and both meals were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerTPK007Dined on 8/18/2014We were celebrating a birthday and had a wonderful evening. The food was great and the meal was well paced. Our waiter looked after us throughout the evening.Special Features:
- Great food!sassyseniorsDined on 8/5/2014We went here on a lunch outing with a group of seniors. The server was very friendly, knowledgeable of the menu and accommodating to all our needs. The food was great and came in large portions. a bit expensive though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We were a group of 6 which included 2 Adults - one 21 year old - one 18 year old - one 17 year old and one 13 year old. The server was friendly and attentive - engaged us in conversation and was interested in doing a good job - which he succeeded at. The food was delivered promptly and drink refills were provided. The food quaility was not up to standard. The veal had far too much lemon, the chicken was salty, the house salad was soggy and the duck breast was very tough and lacked alot of flavour. I have been to this restaurant before for lunch and always had a good experience. I was underwhelmed by the food quality on this outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 154 reviews are from the Il Salici at the Willows reviews archive.
- QEpowerDined on 7/9/2014The service was great, but, I was hoping that because I had booked so far in advance, that there would be more than 1 server for 21 people. The server we had was great, but, she definitely needed help. Perhaps in the future, you could add someone to help with the wine or clear the tables or take the drink orders. 21 people were too much for 1 person. The food in general was good. Too much salt was used on certain items . The people who had the duck could not eat their greens because of the salt. And, what was explained in detail on the menu, was not what was served. I don't know if the kitchen ran out of spinach or not. But, if there is to be substitution, that should be explained. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experienceparesousDined on 6/29/2014I had several excellent meals in the past at Il Salici. This time my wife had veal, a mediocre dish. I had lamb, the worst lamb cooking I ever experienced. Was the cook away in vacation?
- PretentiousHonestabe1Dined on 6/25/2014My duck was very bland although cooked correctly. The veal was dry and very unattractive , looked and tasted like shoe leather. The server continuously added to our conversation that was going on at the table. The meals were totally overpriced for the amount received. My only word to describe Il Salici is pretentious. By the way, the word is misspelled. It should be salicci, if in fact they wanted an Italian name for the restaurant. Not impressed.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningGrubbsyDined on 6/1/2014Met with a couple of dear old friends. The food was excellent, the service was very professional (there when needed but never noticed). I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- a wonderful food experiencerroberDined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful experience at this restaurant. The server was very knowledgeable and helpful. We loved the live pianist. Food choices were many and all were presented tastefully. The food was well prepared and tasty. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayBirthdaycelebrationDined on 5/15/2014Booked for 92nd birthday for my mother in law. They did allow us to bring a cake in, but given that this information was provided on the reservation, it would have been great if they had done a little something for her as well. They were receptive to turning the music down for us to reduce ambient noise for the birthday girl's hearing issues, but it was very quiet in the restaurant so it didn't inconvience many other patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Start!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2014The Argetina bread dip brought to our table while we waited for our food was exceptionally tasty, as was the spinach salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our brunch and I thought the pricing was very reasonable for what you received.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch42dineDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day Brunch was totally wonderful. Food is amazing, wonderful presentation and delicious food. Awesome selection. Especially enjoyed the candied salmon - a real treat. Michelle our server was super friendly. This was our 3rd year for attending on Mother's Day. I guess you could say it has become a tradition for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasureable experienceExpectationsDined on 5/10/2014Perfect place to enjoy eating out, morning, noon or evening, the food and view beat everything in town, and the service was appreciated. thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing lunchfourmuskateersDined on 5/10/2014We had a wonderfully corner window table. The room is lovely. But our experience was not. We were not offered any drinks to start our meal. It took at least 20 minutes for our food. It came warm. One persons lasagna came later and was not warm at all. We were never asked if everything was okay and there was no offer of grated cheese. Food tasted strongly but was not delicious. Smaller portions with a side salad or soup would be more appropriate at lunch. Too much of the same! We were only offered seconds on our coffee when we had paid the bill and had our coats on ready to go and that was almost 2 hours later. There is no dessert menu? Left feeling disappointed. It was a very different experience than the first time we were there.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceFreemanDined on 5/10/2014We went for a Mother's Day lunch (a day early to avoid the crowds) but we were completely forgotten about. When seated, we weren't even provided with a drink menu nor asked if we wanted a drink at any point at all. We had to ask to get drinks when they came to take our lunch order. Then after we ate our server was no where to be found. We had to ask the other server to bring us a dessert menu. We were very disappointed. It wasn't even busy.
- Attentive Service & Extensive MenuSaskatoonfoodieDined on 5/2/2014The menu at Il Salici is quite extensile with some interesting selection in each section. Although marketed as an Italian Restaurant, I don't think they make fresh pasta. The best feature of the evening was our very courteous and attentive young waiter. He regularly checked back to see if we needed anything and was helpful throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMadamoparDined on 4/27/2014Would attend again. Food could have been warmer. I don't like cold eggs benedict. Coffee was cold. No highchair at the table even though it was included in the reservation. I thought it was rather silly to ask for special requirements on the reservation form and then not follow through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's MenuKathyDined on 4/26/2014We had requested that the Chef prepare a special menu for our evening at Il Salici. The meal was outstanding, from the antipasto platter and the prosciutto wrapped prawns, to the incredible gnocchi with the wild boar sauce, followed by the lamb shanks and risotto. Dessert was the perfect compliment to the dinner. Great Chef, Great food. Thank you!Special Features:
- Excellent mealscottycanuckDined on 4/19/2014The meal we had was excellent. I am unable to remember what the dish I ordered was called but it was a risotto dish with shrimp and speck. I was able to try the lasagna which was excellent (I would have preferred this dish). While it was a smaller menu everything that it contained sounded very good. The price was midrange (about 20 to 35 per person) which was well priced. There was a piano man playing throughout our meal which was entertaining to say the least. The service was excellent. The server did very well considering we came as a family with one two year old and my sister who can be difficult to deal with. We went on a Saturday evening and the restaurant was not very busy which was nice for us. Very nice place to take a loved one.Special Features:
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014I had to entertain a group from across the province and beyond, and wanted to showcase Saskatchewan, as well as enjoy a nice meal. It was very successful -- everything from the service to the food were excellent, The service was also timely as we were scheduled to attend another meeting after lunch.Special Features:
- Wonderful any time of yearBunchofladiesDined on 3/2/2014We love going to Il Salici, we have never been disappointed. Whether its just the 2 of us, or a few more, its always been a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and foodEyeGalsDined on 2/27/2014We had a group of 5 and it was perfect for having a conversation and enjoying good food. The server was amazing, and the food was excellent. Would recommend.Special Features:
- I had expected something differentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014I had expected something different than I found. I found the dining room average, the brunch wasn't anything extravagant as I had expected. The restaurant was not very full, which also surprised me. The service was good though. The cook at the brunch table was very accomadating, and our waitress was also accomadating, and pleasant. And I'll mention that the price was affordable. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great find!GneralDined on 2/14/2014Il Salici at the Willows is a great hidden gem. Lots of free parking, easy access, very good food, and friendly knowledgeable staff . Beautiful decor and scenery. Couldn't have been better. We will be back...often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies BrunchDmac1000Dined on 2/2/2014A group of six of my friends went for brunch at 10 am Sunday morning. It was perfect for us as we were able to stay as long as we wanted to visit after our lovely meal. There was a great view and plenty of space so we didn't feel we were disturbing others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful in the WillowsFoodfor4Dined on 1/25/2014Our evening at Il Salici was wonderful! The service was outstanding, our waitress Chantelle (hope I spelled her name correctly) was awesome! The good was fantastic! Overall a very enjoyable evening, at a very lovely place! Definite recommend for a romantic evening or a small get together! Fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good timegalinaDined on 1/24/2014myself and my friends we love to come down and get nice service and good food and we will be back 100 %Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience.WendyDined on 1/23/2014We had a wonderful first time dinner with you. Everything was perfect. We will definitely be back, and will bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked that you could bookang8Dined on 12/17/2013Liked that you could book reservation on line and view the menu. appreciated that even though buffet was offered as a group we could order from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.