507 9th Ave at 38th St.
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilpuntoristorante.com/
- Phone: 212-244-0088x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday: 12pm - 10pm,
Saturday and Sunday 4pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Sicilian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On-site catering is available for private parties from 8 to 80 guests.We will be happy to discuss different menu options, buffet or served.
- Entertainment: Ambiant music
- Special Events: Celebrate small moments and special occasions at Il Punto in of our intimate party rooms. Birthdays, anniversaries, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, christening, graduations, promotions... we will do our best to make your event memorable!
- Cross Street: 38th Street
- Public Transit: Bus stop on the block of the restaurant on 9th Avenue and corner of 38th Street.
On 42nd Street - A,B,C,D, E and F trains nearby.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Convenient small parking lot directly next door on 38th street corner of 9th Avenue (closes at 10pm). Several parking garages within a couple of blocks, street parking is also available after 7pm on weekdays.
A word from iL Punto
Discover authentic Italian cuisine. IL PUNTO Ristorante's menu features house-made fresh pastas, grilled and roasted seafood, poultry and veal. Excellent food, artfully presented in a pleasurable atmosphere. In addition, enjoy choosing from an extensive list of fine wines. Simple, yet classic, interior gives the perfect setting, for business or pleasure. We offer a full separate bar that seats 8-10. Two intimate event rooms are available for gatherings of 8 or more, one is semi-private and the second is private with its own full bar as well.Continued
Great location, just 4 short blocks to the Javits Center, 2 blocks to Port Authority, also close to Madison Square Garden, Penn Station and the Theatre District.
Your escape to Italy is right here in Midtown Manhattan!
Great location, just 4 short blocks to the Javits Center, 2 blocks to Port Authority, also close to Madison Square Garden, Penn Station and the Theatre District.
Your escape to Italy is right here in Midtown Manhattan!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
iL Punto reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (39)romantic (38)notable wine list (32)good for groups (22)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great dinner!!dentaldanVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was delicious and well prepared. Staff was knowledgeable and attentive. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for after theater dining!ToshibaDined on 9/27/2014We were in NYC for a theater trip and did not want to go to one of the "usual" recommended restaurants on the theater scene. Il Punto was a cozy environment with great food and excellent service. We would definitely return on our next trip.Special Features:
- Tutto va benissimo da Il PuntodesignwriteDined on 9/25/2014What a lovely dining experience! The totality: wonderful food; location is ideal for many theaters; a nicely appointed restaurant with generous space betw tables; noise level pleasant, allows for conversation. Maitre d' Antonio is a gem, solicitous and warm, esp if you chat in Italian. Re: the Specials--enough options, not so many you lose track. Our waiter described them knowledgeably and almost lovingly. After a starter of the Il Bosco salad (fresh greens, walnuts, perfectly dressed), we chose porcini risotto and the cannelloni with veal ragu. Both memorable. Presentation is elegant. Bread basket includes grissini, focaccia, and crusty Italian--all top quality. Americano coffee was the best I've had in forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/23/2014We have eaten here several times when working in NY and never been disappointed. Last night was no exception. The stuffed artichoke hearts were very different and I have never had them blanketed in a red sauce. They were delicious and three of us thoroughly enjoyed them as a shared appetizer. We all had pasta dishes, all equally enjoyed, and one diner commented that he remember the Timballo just as delicious as the first time he ate the same thing.Special Features:
- Jlma7@aol.comJm2RmDined on 9/20/2014Took my special man for a birthday dinner and I would have to say the service and food was outstanding. Rafael was our waiter and he was terrific and the servers were on it!! The stuffed mushroom caps delicious as well as the snapper. Can't wait to go back. You won't be disappointed !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceStatenIslanddinerDined on 9/20/2014Since it was a Saturday night with several large events occurring in Manhattan, it was critical to have made the reservation prior to going to a Broadway show. Reservation was honored and they were very patient as one member of the party had to park a car in a lot several blocks ago and the traffic was terrible. The menu had some interesting options to present the food. Portions were a little small, but one realizes that it is in the Theatre District. Unfortunately, we could not stay for desert. The staff allowed one of the party to taste some wines before selecting one. Guests were provided with an pre-appetizer of a cold soup, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GFLUVITALIANDined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious. My wife and I both had the lobster special. It was excellent. Even though we both chose the same entree, there were many worthy choices on the menu. The service was also excellent. Very attentive and helpful!Special Features:
- Very ImpressedmylazylabDined on 9/19/2014We were welcomed promptly upon arrival by the host. He was extremely polite and attentive. Upon being seated at our table, we were greeted and served a complimentary appetizer of cold tomato basil soup and homemade bread, both of which were freshly prepared. I knew immediately we were in for a treat. I ordered minestrone soup as an appetizer, which was also freshly prepared and served in a large soup bowl. For the entree, I chose pasta with eggplant and my husband ordered the lobster ravioli. We both loved the authenticity of the cuisine. The service was excellent. The staff was attentive, professional, friendly, and hard working. I would definitely recommend iL Punto to a friend and would return on a future visit to NYCSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Just out of the Times Square craziness and quite near the Baryshnikov Art Center, this restaurant was a wonderful and welcome surprise. The service was excellent and the food exceeded our expectations. When we ordered one entree to share, the kitchen plated it in two portions. Even though it was quite full, the noise level was low enough to carry on a conversation without yelling. The food was very good and beautifully served. We will go back there whenever we have tickets at the Baryshnikov Center.Special Features:
- Wish I had more timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014I came here with my husband for dinner just before a broadway show. I made a reservation and though late due to traffic, our table was still available to us as we were greeted at the door. The service was swift yet attentive, which could be a result of them being used to the theater crowds. I had the octopus salad and cioppino, both very delicious and fresh. The broth from the cioppino was a nice balance of sea and tomato and all of the seafood tasting fresh. I really wished that we had more time to enjoy all parts of our dinner and didn't have to rush out. For that reason, I would love to go back again.Special Features:
- Perfect MealDine2SkiDined on 9/18/2014We were pleasantly surprised at what a wonderful dining experience we had at this lovely restaurant convenient to MSG before a concert. The service was friendly and frequent and the food was excellent from the fresh salad greens with a delicious dressing to the warm Italian bread sticks and a main course of Chilean Sea Bass special and pasta with Lobster sauce. Dessert was a creamy heavenly rich chocolate and vanilla gelato with delicious coffee. Though a bit pricey for a not so desirable area, it was worth the cost for its consistency and overall perfect meal. We would most definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, we loved this spotBinyodaDined on 9/17/2014My friends and I loved the experience we had at Il Punto, from the crisp look to the service to the amazing food, what a wonderful lunch. We first had the amuse bouche, a lovely cold tomato soup , yum. We did a lot of sharing, so we split a special salad, and special it was, burratta with prosciutto and arugula in a lemony dressing. We thought it was the best prosciutto ever and the burratta was the creamiest. For entrées, each was wonderful, a special risotto with shrimp and asparagus, a spicy spaghetti with seafood and a Carpaccio with arugula, parm and a fresh lemon dressing. Each was delightful. The dessert was each ordering cappuccino and out comes biscotti and dark chocolates as a surprise. So good, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Gem, close to MSG/theatresOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/13/2014We were so happy to find this great authentic Italian restaurant near Madison Square Garden, as we always struggle to find a great place to go before a concert. Menu had many interesting dishes, as well as traditional items for the less adventurous. each item we ordered was better than the next - all excellent. Definitely coming back! servers were attentive and genuinely cared, even though it was busy night.Special Features:
- Great service and excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were in from Seattle to attend a wedding. We met a good friend at iL Punto's for dinner one night and had a great time. We were treated fantastically and the food was outstanding. They came up with a very nice Pinot Gris that made the night perfect. We couldn't book Becco's and I am glad that we couldn't. A quiet evening with a friend in a very nice, and relatively quiet restaurant. We would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent RestaurantdyejymDined on 9/11/2014We made the reservation looking for a pre theatre meal. iL Punto was conveniently placed between Penn station and the theatre. We were greeted warmly (1740) and explained our need to get to a 1930 performance. The wait staff was professional, friendly and efficient. We did not feel rushed but the service was prompt (as required) The excellent salad was prepared with fresh ingredients and a subtle vinagrette. The pasta dish made with a marinara sauce incorporated eggplant and a touch of mozzarella cheese The Canoli was better than any we have had (my wife is Italian and an expert cook). The mixed drink was well prepared and the espresso perfect. We will return with family and spend more time in this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Simply Remarkablelen126VIPDined on 9/10/2014We invited some friends and had a truly remarkable dining experience. From our greeting at the door by Antonio and the service by the rest of the staff to the excellent preparations, particularly the risotto, the stuffed mushrooms, the several pastas we tried, and a light and tasty tiramisu, we all enjoyed our visit to Il Punto. The room was full and the vibe was great and it was obvious that patrons were enjoying themselves. Great time all around.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014I had the most gracious, attentive service I have possibly ever had in a restaurant in New York here before the theater. Unfortunately the food, while beautifully presented, was just average -- almost flavorless. Prices high. Wines nothing to write home again. I would not go back.
- Magnifico!KimLynn69Dined on 9/6/2014My best friend and I dined at Il Punto prior to seeing "If/Then" at Richard Rodgers Theater on 9/6. Tucked into an unassuming corner spot in Hell's Kitchen, the restaurant was intimate, yet bright and cheerful, the staff were polished and absolutely professional, but playful and friendly, as well. We shared the prosciutto appetizer (Tagliere di Salumi), and each enjoyed an Insalata di Bosco. For mains, I went simplistic with the Ziti and my bestie had the sea bass. Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, was to die for. Fresh, flavorful, rich. We insisted that we were too full for dessert, but our server was not accepting that, and slid a panna cotta in front of us with two spoons on the house. We couldn't resist. Delish! We WILL go back.Special Features:
- Great foodmews4598VIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant felt like a real find. Food was inventive and delicious.Special Features:
- Thought I was in grandma kitchencidriveuVIPDined on 9/6/2014The poached pear salad perfection in every bite. Buffalo caprese excellent the mozzarella soft tender. We then decided on the gnocchi it was so fresh and light with a thin sauce chop meat, cream we could have eaten this all night. Then the main course what to say crusted mushroom veal Marsala like you never had before fork tender we also had mini braciole with fresh pasta melt in your mouth bringing me back to Italy. Keep room for dessert a panna cotta was perfect also tried the chocolate melt in your mouth cake spot on! My nonna would love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining Italian in NYCafergusDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I had a very nice meal to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. We made early reservations in advance of a 7:30pm Broadway show and were very pleased by the excellent service. It almost felt like we had the place to ourselves. We enjoyed a three course meal consisting of appetizer, primi, and secondi. Both our appetizers were great and we shared a primi of pesto pasta which my wife enjoyed. I had Chilean Sea Bass as secondi which was very tender and fresh while my wife enjoyed the roasted chicken dish. Dinner was enjoyed with a nice Napa Pinot Grigio and we were offered celebratory champagne and chocolate as toast. I recommend this for anyone seeking reservations near the Broadway district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice pre-theater spotFoodfinderVIPDined on 9/4/2014Met some friends here for an early dinner before a show. Exceeded expectations on every level.'our server was very helpful and timed the meal perfectly so we could make our show time. Burrata starter and Salads were fresh, tastey and beautifully presented. Sea bass. Lamb chops and chicken with artichoke hearts all nicely prepared, delicately sauced served in adequate, not obese portions. Delicious food and great service in an atmosphere where you can actually have a conversation. What more could one ask for?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableJerseymama3Dined on 9/4/2014I had a business lunch meeting here. The food was very good, the service was attentive and I really enjoyed it. I didn't get it but the prix fixe choice looked great and it was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrlandoVIPDined on 9/2/2014Don't let the location or facade fool you. Food here is always fantastic and the service is great too!Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePearlDined on 9/2/2014They held our reservation for us because we ran late which was so nice. Then they greeted us with a warm welcome and our waiter, Raphael, couldn't do enough for us. The service was the best. They gave us complimentary cold tomato soup with a basil drizzle that was so good and refreshing on a hot day. The artichokes were delicious and our main courses were Il Punto Chicken Breast which was fit for foodies and a layered pasta with beef and 2 sauces, much like a lasagna but much more gourmet. The Chocolate Souffle was to die for topped with Mascarpone Ice Cream. Raphael bought me a Limoncello which was so nice. Gourmet food and gourmet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!DawsonsmommaDined on 8/30/2014Not only were the waiters attentive & the food out of this world but the prices were incredibly low. Best dinning experience! I love this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto!DrSteveNJVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was my second time at Il Punto, and it was wonderful on both occasions (once for lunch and once for dinner)! Service was great, and food absolutely delicious. Presentation and attention to small detail made for a perfect meal. I've been to Italy many times, and the experience at Il Punto makes me feel I'm there again. It is disappointing that they display a "C" rating in the window, and my experiences have been nothing less than an "A"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousTKS1VIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food, great atmosphere, fantastic service. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tasty and elegant experienceameloneDined on 8/21/2014I went with my boyfriend for our first dinner during our week in NY. We got a cozy table for two and we got fast and excellent service. They sent out a free "starter": a cold tomato soup, which was good. The wine was presented to us on a wine table, also it suited our food beautifully. We ordered chicken with basil sauce, which was terrific. I got the tiramisu for dessert - the mascarpone was excellent, but the bottom was a bit too drenched in coffee for my taste. We got some chocolates and biscotti for free after, they were very good. I fell completely in love with this restaurant. Will definitely go there again and recommend it to others. It looks a bit anonymous from the outside, but you'll be pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian DiningHelloVIPDined on 8/20/2014We very much enjoyed our meal. The preparation was interesting and tasty. We appreciated the fact that the restaurant has a prix fixe dinner menu. We would recommend this restaurant to our friends.
- 2waltzingcanucksehDined on 8/19/2014Excellent food. Attentive and engaging service. True Italian dining experience. Suggestion that worked for us, early dinner at iL Punto then short walk to Pier 86 for the evening harbour cruise. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!NYC2MIAFoodieDined on 8/15/2014I have been coming to Il Punto for 3 years now, it never disappoints and the service is phenomenal. Food is amazing and the specials are always a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, excellent servicejezzaDined on 8/15/2014Had a pre-theatre dinner here. Food was solid. My lobster and pasta dish was ok, a little simple and the lobster was a little over-cooked. My wife's lobster ravioli was much better. Dessert was great - I ordered the Soufflé though a lava cake would be a more accurate description. It was super rich and chocolaty which I loved. The service was excellent, staff were very attentive and would constantly check that everything was ok.
- Really!!!Like in ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2014As an expert and seasoned eater of food in Italy, I hail il punto as certainly one of the very best in the New World. Simply superbin every way.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food creations were delicious and attractively presented. Friendly attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Javit Center EventMaryDDined on 8/9/2014We arrived early for our reservation but, we were enthusiastically seated. Our table was towards the front of the restaurant but, we did not feel cramped or battered by other diners or servers. The servers were very friendly and knowledgeable with helping us choose our selections. The food was delicious and we were all pleased with our meals. My co-diners are usually very critical of everything, so I was nervous about choosing the restaurant. It was convenient for all of us, some returned to Penn Station and I quickly exited the city on the West Side Hwy. So, all in all, for location near the Javits Center, service and food, I would venture back to il Punto, any time I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014A bit longer walk to the theater but well worth it! Food and service was fantastic. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, Friendly and DeliciousgooddiningDined on 8/4/2014I discovered Il Punto several years ago while staying at a nearby hotel that I return to twice yearly for business. I always eat at this restaurant, usually more than once, while staying in NYC. The service is wonderful, the food is great and the atmosphere is perfect for a couple or a group.Special Features:
- iL Punto for a business lunchdining101Dined on 8/4/2014I was task with finding "a very nice" venue for a three person business lunch. iL Punto was perfect and it got rave reviews from my guests. Everything about our experience was perfect including exceptional food. service and ambience. I plan to return.Special Features:
- great spot for pre theater dinnernerpretheaterdinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014We ate here Saturday night before the theater. Food was excellent and service was among the best we've ever experienced. The entire staff was super attentive without being intrusive. Nice touch was complimentary gazpacho served prior to appetizers and small plate of cookies and nuts served with the dessert and coffee. Prices were very reasonable. Martinis were mixed to perfection. Will definately return.Special Features: