2011 E. 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilpostodenver.com/
- Phone: 3033940100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11.00am - 2.30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am - Sunday: 5:00pm, 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday to Thursday: 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Frizzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Buy out available
A word from Il Posto
Il Posto offers the complicated simplicity of Italian Food and WineContinued
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Il Posto - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Il Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (82)notable wine list (64)great for outdoor dining (63)special occasion (58)romantic (43)great for lunch (22)hot spot (15)good for groups (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Disappointed on East 17thSteakStarvedDined on 8/16/2014We've made our last visit to Il Pposto, long a Denver area favorite. Starting out with an over-zealous waitress clearly focused on turning the table, who then became transfixed with the screen at the end of the bar, back to the restaurant. The calamari appetizer was burdened with a regretable tomato broth, which would have been more appealing had our server granted ourinitial requests for more bread before we were done. The two pasta courses ordered shouldn't have left the kitchen, as the fried chicken on one was nearly meatless, and the shrimp on the other cut to gumdrop-size pieces, while the pasta on the latter was hard and rubbery. The knowledgable sommelier and another waiter saved the evening from complete disaster.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014I don't know how many times they got busted serving alcohol to under age customers but they didn't serve me because I had a temporally drivers license. I am 29. I am not going to enjoy their amazing food with a glass of water. I could tell the Manager was scared I am an under cover cop. The waitress recommended me to take my passport with me. I was like I don't need your opinion.
- Il Posto… divine!PS55Dined on 8/7/2014This is the second time we have dined at Il Posto. The first time we ordered the wine pairing dinner, which was one of the best meals we've ever had--on a par with Frasca, Mizuna and similar restaurants in the region. This time we ordered a la carte from the seasonal menu and let our server assist in selecting the wine. It's obvious that everyone at Il Posto enjoys what they do, and is masterful at their individual contributions, resulting in a meal that's a pleasure from start to finish. We'll be back… again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Great food, good wine list, fabulous desserts, knowledgable wait staff. The restaurant windows open to the street side patio which was just wonderful. Lovely experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian oasisDrmickjrVIPDined on 8/2/2014Il Posto is always interesting and frequently terrific. The risottos are cooked to order, something rare and valuable if you love risotto. That is my 'go to' dish here. Everything is delicious and well-presented, save an occasional dish that just isn't quite up to these standards. The wine list is substantial and there are knowledgeable staff to assist if one is unfamiliar with Italian wines. The owner, Andrea, is a joy and quite a talented chef in his own right. If we lived closer we would go once a week.Special Features:
- Great eveningSandiDined on 8/1/2014Our meal was excellent, as always. The service was terrific and the table by the open window on a beautiful night was perfect. We celebrated my son's 50th birthday and everyone loved it. It is a little loud for us, but being next to the window made it easier to hear.Special Features:
- TrishWS13VIPDined on 8/1/2014IP has been on my 'must-go-to' list for a long time, & I'm so happy we finally made it there. Everything about the experience was outstanding. The menu changes nightly, so I can't recommend a particular dish. Just go knowing that everything is seasonal, freshly made, & well conceived. Their wine specialist did a great job pairing our meal with an affordable selection that matched our personal tastes - & the food - very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Denver area restaurantJeffGDined on 7/31/2014Our favorite Denver area restaurant. We go for the 4 course complete dinner @ $65 per person. We also go when the weather permits to sit outside on the sidewalk cafe part. Service is impeccable. The menu is unique. The food is wonderful. Denver can be a cool place to eat. So, for all those tourists who are in Denver for the new businesses that have opened, this is the place to go to satisfy your munchies.Special Features:
- Il PostoDenverfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Service was great, but the limited cocktail menu was disappointing. Also, although the dishes were creative and tasty, I was unimpressed with the variety of offerings. I don't consider myself a picky eater, but there were very few traditional meals - the meat dishes were rabbit, veal and duck, with no chicken or beef. The only fish dish was scallops. A limited menu with mostly locally sourced ingredients gives a kitchen a little less to work with. However, the dishes almost felt like they were chosen for the chef's palate, not with your typical (even sophisticated) diner in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise findAmuseboucheDined on 7/23/2014We were pleased to find Il Posto on a visit to Denver. The restaurant is on a block outside center Denver but charming. It has inside and outside dining. the food was excellent from the appetizers to the main course of sea bream (bass) and osso bucco. The dessert budino is excellent. The wine list is varied and reasonable. The service was attentive and cheerful. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il PostoHappyhereDined on 7/18/2014We spent a day in Denver, including a trip to Botanic Gardens. Il Posto was a perfect stop for lunch beforehand; elegant and understated. Lovely food, great service, and we had a most enjoyable time venturing down from the Republic of Boulder!Special Features:
- ItalianbyMarriageDined on 7/16/2014A little expensive but great food - esp. the osso bucco and risotto!Special Features:
- Enthusiastic Thumbs UpmdfeDined on 7/15/2014I just love this restaurant. The food is always interesting, the staff is attentive and well-informed, you can tell the owner is dedicated to making the dining experience a good one. The space is small, but well-organized, so I didn't feel squeezed in. A great night out.Special Features:
- Unbelievable FoodJohannesClimacusVIPDined on 7/12/2014I love this restaurant! The menu changes on a regular basis, you can see the chefs cooking from anywhere in the restaurant, the ambiance is small and intimate. Everything is so fresh! A great place to take a date or go to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food & ServicebballeaglemanDined on 7/12/2014Had another great evening at Il Posto. I will continue to visit here whenever I am in town. The food is an experience and the service is excellent. I went with recommendations from our waitress and was thrilled with every idea. I even tried the octopus and thought it was terrific. To end the evening a male waiter brought out our after dinner drinks and brought out two small glasses of some different liquors he thought would go well with our desserts. What a GREAT evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianluvgoodchowDined on 7/10/2014My girlfriend and I went here and were seated outside right at 5PM. service was friendly and prompt. Fair selection of wine and great food prepared fresh. The menu is different every day. Give this place a try.Special Features:
- Wonderful from start to finishTheaterGoerDined on 7/3/2014We brought some visiting friends from LA here for dinner and they loved Il Posto as much as we do. Deliciously prepared local ingredients, attentive but unobtrusive waitstaff, and a wonderful, affordable winelist. Max, the sommelier, recommended a varietal we had never heard of before and it was an excellent pairing with our food. We can't wait to go back and see what is on the ever-changing menu. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- We missed AndreDisappointedDined on 7/3/2014We've been dining at Il Posto forever, and I think this might be the first time we've arrived to find Andre out of town. Even if our server wouldn't have confirmed that for us, it was obvious. The service was not at all what we are used to at Il Posto. We waited far too long to be served food and wine, and we felt like for every course, we had to ask for our drinks. My salmon was dry. It was my brother's 30th birthday, and I was disappointed for this to be the first time ever that Il Posto let us down.Special Features:
- Andrea continues to impressMAFreezeVIPDined on 7/1/2014I have visited Il Posto several times. On this trip we sampled from each category on the ever-changing menu and each dish was prepared to a quality that exceeds superb. The ahi tuna and the orecchiette with pancetta particularly shined. The service is top notch and the wine list includes just enough from only the best of Italy. Sadly, our evening was interrupted by a horrific hit-and-run accident in full view of patrons on the patio or near the large open windows toward the front of the restaurant. It was unsettling and put a damper on what to that point had been a terrific dinner. Yet to see chef/owner Andrea grab handfuls of cloth napkins from his restaurant and race to the aid of the badly injured man laying in the street was admirable.Special Features:
- Not as good as last timeBarbjefe1VIPDined on 6/30/2014We went there for our anniversary. We had a lovely time and enjoyed the muscato they gave us to celebrate. The salad was fresh and delicious. The gazpacho was also good, but not amazing. The entrees were both pretty good, but not very Italian. The fish seemed somewhat dry and plain. I was there before snd remember it being more exceptional. Perhaps because the true chef was not there this time??I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Met some friends for dinner a week or so ago. We had great wine, food, and ambience. The waiter was attentive (without hovering) friendly, knew his wines and food! Love Il Posto (I'm going to take the risotto cooking course this month).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAAHHH, Andrea --msreDined on 6/24/2014Perfect birthday luncheon on the patio. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistently greatfoodieVIPDined on 6/24/2014fabulous bread, salad, pasta. love the size of the portions.Special Features:
- Our new favoritefinefoodloversDined on 6/21/2014the food incredibly delicious, wonderful wine, service tops with individual care by owner and sommelier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place, but not this timekjindenverDined on 6/21/2014I have always loved Il Posto and get there any chance I can with my husband or friends. The atmosphere is lovely, service impeccable, and food delicious. Everything was the same and wonderful on this last visit except the food. It was a bit too creative for my taste. I had green tomato gazpacho with crab. Unlike regular gazpacho which is bursting with flavors, it was somewhat tasteless and flat. Then, my husband and I split the lobster. It was served with pork fat, strawberries and peas which just did not blend together. I hope the restaurant sticks with more traditional Italian roots - with a twist - not a complete overhaul.Special Features:
- Special little Italian RestaurantFoodieDined on 6/20/2014Good food, some of the wait staff (not our primary server) were snobby and acted pretty unfriendly towards the table in general. The waiter was very nice and the Sommelier was great! Good food for a fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebratory!I84luvDined on 6/19/2014Your food was fantastic, unbelievable flavors, perfect temperatures, well done presentation. Servers were efficient and unobtrusive, my favorite combinationSpecial Features:
- Very specialTeagueDined on 6/19/2014One of the best spots for a neighborhood meal in Denver. Five stars for ambiance, food and wineSpecial Features:
- Best date experienceJamasterJDined on 6/13/2014This place is incredible!!! What a gem - we did the wine pairing dinner and it was awesome!!Special Features:
- Excellent service sealed the dealSarahAnn127Dined on 6/11/2014The food was stellar. The ambience was adorable. The service, from the entire staff, was absolutely amazing. The service was the best I've ever received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Posto is unique !PETERDined on 6/10/2014Il Posto is unique among Denver's many good restaurants. True to its heritage , it keeps turning out very authentic Italian dishes based on the best and freshest ingredients available that day....the menu changes accordingly every night ! Service is friendly ,casual,not overpowering , and the wait staff is always spot-on with their recommendations and service ethic. Chef/Owner Andrea Frizzi is almost always on site , overseeing , making wine recommendations , and welcoming guests new and old. The food is adventurous , innovative , and excellent. The ambience has a great uptown buzz , Il Posto is our favorite spot for a great night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto Like No OtherAnnaBananaDined on 6/4/2014Andrea Frizzi's northern Italian restaurant, Il Posto, serves up a daily changing menu with a few "regulars". I have been eating at his restaurant since it opened, and it never ceases to surprise me, or delight me. I ordered the Osso Bucco, which is served with risotto and a small spoon to eat out the marrow of the bone. The melt-in-your mouth quality of the meat, together with the creamy risotto is unmatched. Andrea suggested a light and crisp red wine, and along with the fresh bufalo mozzarella plate with broccolini, fresh string beans, egg yolk gremalata, and mortadella, I was in food heaven. The service is also very good--no glass of water is every half empty.Special Features:
- Farm to table ItaliankdinerDined on 6/4/2014Il Posto was built for foodies. And the service is remarkable without being intrusive. Got a friendly, enthusiastic education on restaurant's wine selections by the glass. 4-course tasting menu very fairly priced for upscale meal. Every vegatable and cheese that starred from salads to main courses were amazing. Homemade pastas made with love and made to fall in love with. Meat preparation a notch below five-star.Special Features:
- ExtraordinaryDenverFoodieVIPDined on 6/3/2014We enjoyed the chef's tasting menu, and each dish was wonderful. Each was paired with a wine, which matched the dish very well. Service was attentive and excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great ingredients cooked perfectlyGdscVIPDined on 6/2/2014I was blown away by my meal. Super fresh ingredients (king salmon flown in from Alaska that day), quite a good recipe and presentation with flawless skill in the kitchen. A small but well chosen wine list. I will definately return whenever I am in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Posto Has The MostoRickDined on 6/1/2014The tastes of the various ingredients in each dish, from the salad through the dessert are liberating. Definitely a cut above most other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like we were in a different citymnerenDined on 5/31/2014What a great restaurant. We had an incredible meal with incredible service, which unfortunately is often rare. Highly recommend Il Posto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gold Standard!FabulousFoodFanVIPDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant is a true gem! The food is the superstar but no aspect of dining pleasure is overlooked. Our family talked about the food that we ate and the service we received for days after our visit. Our son is an aspiring chef and we eat here because it reminds him what he is striving to achieve. A relaxed atmosphere with spectacular food!!Special Features:
- best in Denver!judithVIPDined on 5/31/2014WOW! fabulous meal; everything just perfect! Our waiter was delightful without being intrusive, the food was just amazing and the overall experience was memorable.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianLoveColoradoDiningVIPDined on 5/30/2014Excellent food with an eclectic, thoughtful wine list.Special Features: