2011 E. 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilpostodenver.com/
- Phone: 3033940100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11.00am - 2.30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am - Sunday: 5:00pm, 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday to Thursday: 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Frizzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Buy out available
A word from Il Posto
Il Posto offers the complicated simplicity of Italian Food and WineContinued
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Posto - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Il Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (110)great for outdoor dining (79)notable wine list (71)special occasion (64)romantic (50)hot spot (29)great for lunch (14)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014A different experience from the typical Italian restaurant. Great flavor in all the dishes, perfectly seasoned and well presented. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSThomasCDined on 10/17/2014The atmosphere, service and quality of food and wine was totally awesome. GREAT PLACE TO TAKE SOMEONE SPECIAL!Special Features:
- Food is ok; Prices are notJImDDined on 10/16/2014The food on my visit was average but the menu is limited and it tries to be upscale Italian, but falls short. The service was fine and the restaurant is a nice small space. My issue with Il Posto is price. Dinner for two was approx $110, without tip ($28 for a chicken breast, $24 for a plate of risotto, $20 for two desserts, and $28 for two glasses of wine) and a coffee. The food was about double what it should be and is in other restaurants since these are basic entrees. I have been to Italy often but I never want to pay over $20 for risotto or pollo. I like fine dining but Il Posto is an average restaurant with fine dining prices. It would be a good spot neighborhood spot at half the price.
- PaulTDined on 10/11/2014One of the best meals I've had in years. Great service and nice atmosphere. The risotto was amazing, as was the calamari appetizer. Not cheap, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchWheatridge1VIPDined on 10/8/2014Had nice lunch on patio with good service. 1 appetizer, 3 entrees and 3 glasses of wine, the total bill with tip was $111. Food was good, but not spectacular.
- Top 5 restaurant in DenverBmac19Dined on 10/6/2014Easily one of the best places to eat in Denver. Phenomenal local menu, brilliant and helpful staff, great drink and wine selection. My wife and I love this spot. If you want great Italian, you can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Arhodes2Dined on 10/4/2014I was very impressed with Il Posto! The service was absolutely outstanding, wine list was very extensive, and the food was delicious too. The servers clearly knew their products and recommended great choices. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I felt that, while very good, the food proportions weren't entirely worth what they charged...but that's just me being picky, honestly. I would totally recommend this place as a romantic/special night out dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodashleyVIPDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem in the neighborhood! Great food and amazing service!Special Features:
- Kerry BdoctorB2Dined on 10/1/2014We enjoyed the meal. A tad noisy. The presentation of the food and the service were EXCEPTIONAL! The food was very good but not great. A bit overpriced. We loved our waitress:)Special Features:
- PilotphishDined on 9/29/2014Good food, small portions, excellent service, bad draft by the door. We had and app, bottle of wine, soup, 3 entres and I left still hungry after spending over $200.Special Features:
- EatingOut7014Dined on 9/27/2014We went for an anniversary dinner. We really thought the food was exceptional. They change the menu daily, so there's more reason to go back! We had a salad, calamari, a pasta dish, and a fish entrée, and also desserts. The only thing that I didn't love was my cocktail - I'll just order the wine next time. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Il Posto lunchfreetoenjoylifeDined on 9/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed having lunch with a friend. Outdoor dining, perfect weather and great conversation-who could ask for anything more? The waiter was attentive, informative and did not rush us. Would certainly want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FitfoidieFitfoodieDined on 9/19/2014It was date night. We arrived over an hour late due our teen having a car accident. They were more than helpful in accommodating my husband and I. Food is always a welcome surprise full of unexpected mixes of the freshest ingredients. A definite fav for us. Fun and knowledgable staff. Stunning wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Hostess Absent Waiterckmd25VIPDined on 9/18/2014The food was really good here. We both had the John Dory Fish which was quite tasty, a little on the luke-warm side but the flavor was very good. The hostess was also really nice and so was the waitress. However, she disappeared for long periods of time, which was somewhat frustrating. However, overall the food was quite good and the staff was friendly, albeit inattentive.
- Tasting MenuterryDined on 9/16/2014What great food. Be sure to bring your appetite and leave room for that desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST GO TOOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I asked around for numerous recommendations for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. A friend suggested Il Posto and decided to give it a whirl. A tiny restaurant hidden in Cap Hill with a clean and simple atmosphere. The staff was casual which was a nice balance with the menu, made you feel comfortable and not stuffy. Our server was extremely knowledgeable on the menu and wines and helped us make our appetizer selection. The mussels are A MUST ORDER! The broth was slightly spicy and the bacon added flavor. We both ordered the steaks, and OH MY GOODNESS-AMAZING! The came topped with bacon butter (yes, bacon BUTTER) pears and zucchini along with a light sauce. Amazing, I talked about Posto for days. We both cleaned our plates and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We've been to a few of the trendy restaurants and were disappointed. Il Posto met our expectations -- the food was fabulous, the portions were perfect, the service was fantastic. What a gem!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemAlansoDined on 9/13/2014Il Posto brings a great dining experience to a small space. They do a great job of changing the menu--often daily--to incorporate fresh ingredients, preparing them in unusual and delightful ways. The presentation of dishes is excellent, and the wait staff is delightful and accommodating. I love the open kitchen where you can see the chefs doing their magic. Il Posto is a great addition to Denver's Uptown restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeDVDFWDined on 9/6/2014Always an amazing night when you are lucky enough to have Il Posto and the best food in DenverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Posto is my favorite restaurant!JennyDined on 9/3/2014I jump at every opportunity I get to eat at Il Posto. The menu is consistently changing and the food is consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We had heard it was good, but it far exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and i have been to Il Posto four times and each has been excellent in terms of food and service. The wine list is an awesome, reasonably priced collection of Italians that would please most Oenophiles. But... i keep hoping the two-top tables wouldn't be so darned close together. I can easily listen to my neighbors on both sides (which can be funny), but it's not fit for the level of sophistication and elegance that the cool/hip/casual atmosphere of the place exudes. So here's my tip: by all means, do not skip Il Posto, but go with three or four people!Special Features:
- LIKE GOING TO ITALY! FABULOUS!birthdaypresentDined on 8/29/2014We love this restaurant! Wonderful atmosphere, excellent Northern Italian food that is beautifully presented, and Andre', the owner, is a wonderful person who mingles with guests and cares to give each table the experience of feeling like you are in Italy once more. The wait staff is very attentive and the wine recommendations are excellent.Special Features:
- Nice FindvisitorsVIPDined on 8/28/2014Restaurant week was our first time at Il Posto. They did a great job. The food was very, very good. We plan to go there again.Special Features:
- Step into Italy w/o leaving DenverKellUtopianEventsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Il Posto is by far the best italian restaurant in Denver. Chef Owner, Andrea's passion comes through clearly in every aspect of the dining restaurant. The food is second to none, and the service matches it. No matter how hard I try, I cannot find a single detail I would change. It really is that good.kSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as we had hoped!MollyDined on 8/27/2014This is a wonderful little spot that delivers plenty of charm and delicious food and drink. The dining room is small but intimate and wonderful for a date night. We were here during restaurant week and although most restaurants skimp on the portion sizes and offerings during this time, Il Posto definitely did not. All of the courses were sensational, well-timed, paired with great wine and cocktails and the service was outstanding even despite it being packed. Our server Stephanie was knowledgeable, engaging and professional. We were very impressed with our experience. Go here as soon as you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a good timeJacuziDined on 8/27/2014I took my special guy to enjoy a meal outside and we had a fantastic time. The cocktail, wine, meal, dessert, but especially the ambience of the staff that enjoys what they do! And are good at it. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InnovativeGardnercookDined on 8/26/2014Terrific innovative modern Italian menu. Great use of seasonal products and if any menu item features the basil purée, order it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekDVDFWDined on 8/25/2014Il posto is always the most amazing restaurant around. It has to be one of the best places in the world that I have been to and the food is incredible!!! Staff is great, wines are awesome, and the different menu every day is always a fun surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just outstantingGldmnrDined on 8/25/2014Dined during restaurant week all the courses were amazing. Loved the pablano pepper chilled soup. The rustic pasta in a tomato sauce with shredded pork was rich and delish. Fish, I don't recall the type, was grilled to perfection with a perfectly cripsy skin. Staff at IlPosto was very polished and professional. The restaurant had the look and feel of a neighborhood place but the food and the service was 5 star. Overall excellent will go back!Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014We attended for the restaurant week menu. The food and service were outstanding. Our waitress made excellent recommendations for both food and wine. We have dined here several times and it has always been a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ericcoloVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great meal and service during restaurant week. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMbtwins407Dined on 8/24/2014Excellent restaurant with delicious seasonal food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014The atmosphere is nice and the setting is great. However, to encourage regular neighborhood clientele, which determines whether a small restaurant in a walkable neighborhood like this one survives and thrives, they might want to make a few changes to encourage that clientele, as it is the bread and butter for a small place. Foodies will just migrate to the next new place that opens. One way to encourage this clientele is to alter the wine list. For the type of restaurant that Il Posto is, one would expect a great wine list that includes great inexpensive ones and where bottles are 2x their cost. While their selection is nice, this one appears to 3x their costs and includes no great inexpensive ones. Also, the food is priced a bit highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite small Italian gemTitianDined on 8/24/2014Reminds me of finding a great small Trattoria in Italy. Menu changes all the time. Staff is gracious and helpful. They will accommodate your specialty needs. Wish it was closer to home. I would be there every week. Food is presented beautifully, with the tastes to match. Some of the most creative and tasty salads. Perfect risotto. Truly a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindTerreDined on 8/24/2014What a great find; the food was great, the atmosphere was great, the service was great, the patio was really fun and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il pisto excellanteAlexVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner during restaurant week, the calamari appetizer was original and delicious , the pork ragu pasta was incredible and the bass and steak with all fresh vegetables were succulent .the chef owner visited three times to make sure we were satisfied One of our best DENVER DINING EXPERIEBCESSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemLuv2dineDined on 8/22/2014Il Posto is one of my favorite restaurants in Denver. Never miss it! The food and service are always great. A bit noisy, but it's part of its charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il postoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We have dined here many times. The food is excellent; and the service is of a high standard. Il posto is definitely one of our favourites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best risottoDrmickjrVIPDined on 8/21/2014Il Posto is a gem. The best risotto in Colorado, not even close. Made to order each time. We had the risotto with speck and Colorado peaches, perfect! The salads are always bountiful and delicious.Special Features: