2011 E. 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilpostodenver.com/
- Phone: 3033940100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11.00am - 2.30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am - Sunday: 5:00pm, 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday to Thursday: 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Frizzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Buy out available
A word from Il Posto
Il Posto offers the complicated simplicity of Italian Food and WineContinued
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Posto - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Il Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (108)great for outdoor dining (84)notable wine list (76)special occasion (68)romantic (53)hot spot (24)great for lunch (21)good for groups (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Neighborhood GemAlansoDined on 9/13/2014Il Posto brings a great dining experience to a small space. They do a great job of changing the menu--often daily--to incorporate fresh ingredients, preparing them in unusual and delightful ways. The presentation of dishes is excellent, and the wait staff is delightful and accommodating. I love the open kitchen where you can see the chefs doing their magic. Il Posto is a great addition to Denver's Uptown restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeDVDFWDined on 9/6/2014Always an amazing night when you are lucky enough to have Il Posto and the best food in DenverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Posto is my favorite restaurant!JennyDined on 9/3/2014I jump at every opportunity I get to eat at Il Posto. The menu is consistently changing and the food is consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We had heard it was good, but it far exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and i have been to Il Posto four times and each has been excellent in terms of food and service. The wine list is an awesome, reasonably priced collection of Italians that would please most Oenophiles. But... i keep hoping the two-top tables wouldn't be so darned close together. I can easily listen to my neighbors on both sides (which can be funny), but it's not fit for the level of sophistication and elegance that the cool/hip/casual atmosphere of the place exudes. So here's my tip: by all means, do not skip Il Posto, but go with three or four people!Special Features:
- LIKE GOING TO ITALY! FABULOUS!birthdaypresentDined on 8/29/2014We love this restaurant! Wonderful atmosphere, excellent Northern Italian food that is beautifully presented, and Andre', the owner, is a wonderful person who mingles with guests and cares to give each table the experience of feeling like you are in Italy once more. The wait staff is very attentive and the wine recommendations are excellent.Special Features:
- Nice FindvisitorsVIPDined on 8/28/2014Restaurant week was our first time at Il Posto. They did a great job. The food was very, very good. We plan to go there again.Special Features:
- Step into Italy w/o leaving DenverKellUtopianEventsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Il Posto is by far the best italian restaurant in Denver. Chef Owner, Andrea's passion comes through clearly in every aspect of the dining restaurant. The food is second to none, and the service matches it. No matter how hard I try, I cannot find a single detail I would change. It really is that good.kSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as we had hoped!MollyDined on 8/27/2014This is a wonderful little spot that delivers plenty of charm and delicious food and drink. The dining room is small but intimate and wonderful for a date night. We were here during restaurant week and although most restaurants skimp on the portion sizes and offerings during this time, Il Posto definitely did not. All of the courses were sensational, well-timed, paired with great wine and cocktails and the service was outstanding even despite it being packed. Our server Stephanie was knowledgeable, engaging and professional. We were very impressed with our experience. Go here as soon as you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a good timeJacuziDined on 8/27/2014I took my special guy to enjoy a meal outside and we had a fantastic time. The cocktail, wine, meal, dessert, but especially the ambience of the staff that enjoys what they do! And are good at it. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InnovativeGardnercookDined on 8/26/2014Terrific innovative modern Italian menu. Great use of seasonal products and if any menu item features the basil purée, order it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekDVDFWDined on 8/25/2014Il posto is always the most amazing restaurant around. It has to be one of the best places in the world that I have been to and the food is incredible!!! Staff is great, wines are awesome, and the different menu every day is always a fun surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just outstantingGldmnrDined on 8/25/2014Dined during restaurant week all the courses were amazing. Loved the pablano pepper chilled soup. The rustic pasta in a tomato sauce with shredded pork was rich and delish. Fish, I don't recall the type, was grilled to perfection with a perfectly cripsy skin. Staff at IlPosto was very polished and professional. The restaurant had the look and feel of a neighborhood place but the food and the service was 5 star. Overall excellent will go back!Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014We attended for the restaurant week menu. The food and service were outstanding. Our waitress made excellent recommendations for both food and wine. We have dined here several times and it has always been a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ericcoloVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great meal and service during restaurant week. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMbtwins407Dined on 8/24/2014Excellent restaurant with delicious seasonal food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014The atmosphere is nice and the setting is great. However, to encourage regular neighborhood clientele, which determines whether a small restaurant in a walkable neighborhood like this one survives and thrives, they might want to make a few changes to encourage that clientele, as it is the bread and butter for a small place. Foodies will just migrate to the next new place that opens. One way to encourage this clientele is to alter the wine list. For the type of restaurant that Il Posto is, one would expect a great wine list that includes great inexpensive ones and where bottles are 2x their cost. While their selection is nice, this one appears to 3x their costs and includes no great inexpensive ones. Also, the food is priced a bit highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite small Italian gemTitianDined on 8/24/2014Reminds me of finding a great small Trattoria in Italy. Menu changes all the time. Staff is gracious and helpful. They will accommodate your specialty needs. Wish it was closer to home. I would be there every week. Food is presented beautifully, with the tastes to match. Some of the most creative and tasty salads. Perfect risotto. Truly a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindTerreDined on 8/24/2014What a great find; the food was great, the atmosphere was great, the service was great, the patio was really fun and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il pisto excellanteAlexVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner during restaurant week, the calamari appetizer was original and delicious , the pork ragu pasta was incredible and the bass and steak with all fresh vegetables were succulent .the chef owner visited three times to make sure we were satisfied One of our best DENVER DINING EXPERIEBCESSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemLuv2dineDined on 8/22/2014Il Posto is one of my favorite restaurants in Denver. Never miss it! The food and service are always great. A bit noisy, but it's part of its charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il postoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We have dined here many times. The food is excellent; and the service is of a high standard. Il posto is definitely one of our favourites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best risottoDrmickjrVIPDined on 8/21/2014Il Posto is a gem. The best risotto in Colorado, not even close. Made to order each time. We had the risotto with speck and Colorado peaches, perfect! The salads are always bountiful and delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointed on East 17thSteakStarvedDined on 8/16/2014We've made our last visit to Il Pposto, long a Denver area favorite. Starting out with an over-zealous waitress clearly focused on turning the table, who then became transfixed with the screen at the end of the bar, back to the restaurant. The calamari appetizer was burdened with a regretable tomato broth, which would have been more appealing had our server granted ourinitial requests for more bread before we were done. The two pasta courses ordered shouldn't have left the kitchen, as the fried chicken on one was nearly meatless, and the shrimp on the other cut to gumdrop-size pieces, while the pasta on the latter was hard and rubbery. The knowledgable sommelier and another waiter saved the evening from complete disaster.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014I don't know how many times they got busted serving alcohol to under age customers but they didn't serve me because I had a temporally drivers license. I am 29. I am not going to enjoy their amazing food with a glass of water. I could tell the Manager was scared I am an under cover cop. The waitress recommended me to take my passport with me. I was like I don't need your opinion.
- Il Posto… divine!PS55Dined on 8/7/2014This is the second time we have dined at Il Posto. The first time we ordered the wine pairing dinner, which was one of the best meals we've ever had--on a par with Frasca, Mizuna and similar restaurants in the region. This time we ordered a la carte from the seasonal menu and let our server assist in selecting the wine. It's obvious that everyone at Il Posto enjoys what they do, and is masterful at their individual contributions, resulting in a meal that's a pleasure from start to finish. We'll be back… again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Great food, good wine list, fabulous desserts, knowledgable wait staff. The restaurant windows open to the street side patio which was just wonderful. Lovely experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian oasisDrmickjrVIPDined on 8/2/2014Il Posto is always interesting and frequently terrific. The risottos are cooked to order, something rare and valuable if you love risotto. That is my 'go to' dish here. Everything is delicious and well-presented, save an occasional dish that just isn't quite up to these standards. The wine list is substantial and there are knowledgeable staff to assist if one is unfamiliar with Italian wines. The owner, Andrea, is a joy and quite a talented chef in his own right. If we lived closer we would go once a week.Special Features:
- Great eveningSandiDined on 8/1/2014Our meal was excellent, as always. The service was terrific and the table by the open window on a beautiful night was perfect. We celebrated my son's 50th birthday and everyone loved it. It is a little loud for us, but being next to the window made it easier to hear.Special Features:
- TrishWS13VIPDined on 8/1/2014IP has been on my 'must-go-to' list for a long time, & I'm so happy we finally made it there. Everything about the experience was outstanding. The menu changes nightly, so I can't recommend a particular dish. Just go knowing that everything is seasonal, freshly made, & well conceived. Their wine specialist did a great job pairing our meal with an affordable selection that matched our personal tastes - & the food - very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Denver area restaurantJeffGDined on 7/31/2014Our favorite Denver area restaurant. We go for the 4 course complete dinner @ $65 per person. We also go when the weather permits to sit outside on the sidewalk cafe part. Service is impeccable. The menu is unique. The food is wonderful. Denver can be a cool place to eat. So, for all those tourists who are in Denver for the new businesses that have opened, this is the place to go to satisfy your munchies.Special Features:
- Il PostoDenverfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Service was great, but the limited cocktail menu was disappointing. Also, although the dishes were creative and tasty, I was unimpressed with the variety of offerings. I don't consider myself a picky eater, but there were very few traditional meals - the meat dishes were rabbit, veal and duck, with no chicken or beef. The only fish dish was scallops. A limited menu with mostly locally sourced ingredients gives a kitchen a little less to work with. However, the dishes almost felt like they were chosen for the chef's palate, not with your typical (even sophisticated) diner in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise findAmuseboucheDined on 7/23/2014We were pleased to find Il Posto on a visit to Denver. The restaurant is on a block outside center Denver but charming. It has inside and outside dining. the food was excellent from the appetizers to the main course of sea bream (bass) and osso bucco. The dessert budino is excellent. The wine list is varied and reasonable. The service was attentive and cheerful. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il PostoHappyhereDined on 7/18/2014We spent a day in Denver, including a trip to Botanic Gardens. Il Posto was a perfect stop for lunch beforehand; elegant and understated. Lovely food, great service, and we had a most enjoyable time venturing down from the Republic of Boulder!Special Features:
- ItalianbyMarriageDined on 7/16/2014A little expensive but great food - esp. the osso bucco and risotto!Special Features:
- Enthusiastic Thumbs UpmdfeDined on 7/15/2014I just love this restaurant. The food is always interesting, the staff is attentive and well-informed, you can tell the owner is dedicated to making the dining experience a good one. The space is small, but well-organized, so I didn't feel squeezed in. A great night out.Special Features:
- Unbelievable FoodJohannesClimacusVIPDined on 7/12/2014I love this restaurant! The menu changes on a regular basis, you can see the chefs cooking from anywhere in the restaurant, the ambiance is small and intimate. Everything is so fresh! A great place to take a date or go to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food & ServicebballeaglemanDined on 7/12/2014Had another great evening at Il Posto. I will continue to visit here whenever I am in town. The food is an experience and the service is excellent. I went with recommendations from our waitress and was thrilled with every idea. I even tried the octopus and thought it was terrific. To end the evening a male waiter brought out our after dinner drinks and brought out two small glasses of some different liquors he thought would go well with our desserts. What a GREAT evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianluvgoodchowDined on 7/10/2014My girlfriend and I went here and were seated outside right at 5PM. service was friendly and prompt. Fair selection of wine and great food prepared fresh. The menu is different every day. Give this place a try.Special Features:
- Wonderful from start to finishTheaterGoerDined on 7/3/2014We brought some visiting friends from LA here for dinner and they loved Il Posto as much as we do. Deliciously prepared local ingredients, attentive but unobtrusive waitstaff, and a wonderful, affordable winelist. Max, the sommelier, recommended a varietal we had never heard of before and it was an excellent pairing with our food. We can't wait to go back and see what is on the ever-changing menu. Highly recommended.Special Features: