2011 E. 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilpostodenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 394-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11.00am - 2.30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am - Sunday: 5:00pm, 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday to Thursday: 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Frizzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Buy out available
A word from Il Posto
Il Posto offers the complicated simplicity of Italian Food and WineContinued
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Posto - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Il Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (131)neighborhood gem (116)notable wine list (81)special occasion (74)great for outdoor dining (73)romantic (58)hot spot (32)good for groups (14)great for lunch (11)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Stumbled Upon A Good OneScottinAuroraVIPDined on 11/23/2014We were on the way home from a Broncos game and found Il Posto on Open Table. High end Italian in a unique setting. The food was really great - tagliatelli with wild boar, a quail entre and a pork shank entre. The pork just kind of slid off the bone. All very tasty. Waiter was excellent. Our only complaint is that it was quite cold in there until they decided to turn on the heat - then nice and comfy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, daily menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014The menu changes daily so don't expect a huge variety of options. That said, the food was flawlessly executed and delicious. The pork shank fell off the bone and was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014This was my second time at Il Posto, and it is absolutely amazing. The ever-changing menu reflects the season perfectly. The foods are very reminiscent of what I ate in Italy: fresh, quality, and delicious in simplicity. You can get out of here without breaking the bank, but I highly recommend not being averse to spending a few bucks to fully experience the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.FinsterDined on 11/14/2014Been here twice. Busy tight dining room with a loud din, very attentive servers with great attitude serving delicious unusual flavors. Great positive vibe with owner Andrea orchestrating it all. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DenverVisitRestreviewDined on 11/13/2014We heard about this restaurant in an elevator at the hotel we were staying at. Someone said it was great and not for tourists, so naturally we went. The ambiance was cool, the food was amazing, and the waiter and host were really nice, funny and accommodating. We were a larger group and then kept the wine poured while we chatted for hours. We never felt rushed. It was a great night and delicious meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An intimate, warm and wonderful dining experience.SwaneeboyVIPDined on 11/12/2014A compact yet diverse menu and wine list. This was my third or fourth visit. Always a great experience. The staff is appropriately engaging, friendly and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingJendi51Dined on 11/11/2014Il Posto is the best place we've found for a romantic dinner; we've been for our anniversary the last two years. This time we got several starters to share and then each tried a main. The standout was paparadelle with brisket but everything was exquisite. In retrospect, we got most of the dishes that our server recommended because he was so enthusiastic. Service was amazing and magical in that way of there when you need it, not when you don't; my husband dropped his napkin twice, and both times he was given a new one before he even realized he'd dropped it. I wish we lived in the nabe so we could just walk in for a quick bite and glass of wine at the bar surrounding the open kitchen. It's a warm, friendly spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodJanetDined on 11/7/2014We arrived a little early for our 8:00 PM reservation. The restaurant is small and the bar was full so the owner suggested that we go next door for a cocktail. He came over to get us when our table was ready. The food was unique and excellent but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Restaurant!BrookeDined on 11/7/2014This is one of my husband and my favorite restaurants. The menu changes nightly and the owner, Andrea, never disappoints. We talk about our favorite dishes for weeks to come. One of the best dining experiences in Denver. Between the wine, cheeses, risotto, fish and dessert (you must get the donuts) you can't go wrong. Service is always amazing. Andrea always greets us at the door and it feels like coming home to a good friend!Special Features:
- A great place to eatNathanSVIPDined on 11/3/2014It was our first time dining here. There was such a positive energy in the dining room and kitchen the night we were there with lots of smiles and laughter. The staff seemed to truly enjoy working together, and that positive energy was translated into our dishes. The service was attentive, but not overbearing. Our meals were vibrant and crafted with love. A great find in Denver.Special Features:
- Food is good but ambiance lackingbisonburgerDined on 11/3/2014Food and service were really good but the ambiance has much to be desired. Lighting is horrible and we felt like we were sitting in a basement with cold shadows and stark walls. Friendly wait staff, great pasta, but when you drop a few hundred on supper you expect more from your surroundings.Special Features:
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014Can't say enough about the food. Ours was a special occasion made truly special by the uniquely creative cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Upscale Italian in DenverBestItalianVIPDined on 10/28/2014This is a fantastic, chef owned, small intimate restaurant. The food and ambiance is really amazing and they change the menu daily.Special Features:
- amazingfoodamorDined on 10/25/2014My husband spent many years in restaurant kitchens, and is an extreme critic and connesseur of fine food and dining. He told me this, overall with food and wine and experience, was the best meal of his life. I agree.so worth it. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014A different experience from the typical Italian restaurant. Great flavor in all the dishes, perfectly seasoned and well presented. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSThomasCDined on 10/17/2014The atmosphere, service and quality of food and wine was totally awesome. GREAT PLACE TO TAKE SOMEONE SPECIAL!Special Features:
- Food is ok; Prices are notJImDDined on 10/16/2014The food on my visit was average but the menu is limited and it tries to be upscale Italian, but falls short. The service was fine and the restaurant is a nice small space. My issue with Il Posto is price. Dinner for two was approx $110, without tip ($28 for a chicken breast, $24 for a plate of risotto, $20 for two desserts, and $28 for two glasses of wine) and a coffee. The food was about double what it should be and is in other restaurants since these are basic entrees. I have been to Italy often but I never want to pay over $20 for risotto or pollo. I like fine dining but Il Posto is an average restaurant with fine dining prices. It would be a good spot neighborhood spot at half the price.
- Andrea is a treat!FoodIELOVeVIPDined on 10/11/2014Il Posto has been one of my favorite hidden gems since the day its doors opened. Now, the little secret seems to be shared, becuase they are always packed with hip foodies enjoying the scene. I am always pleasantly suprised with Andrea's creations and love his smile and warmth even more! Although I don't always love sharing my little gems, I am glad that Il Posto has been recognized for its great quality, wonderful food and even better owners!Special Features:
- PaulTDined on 10/11/2014One of the best meals I've had in years. Great service and nice atmosphere. The risotto was amazing, as was the calamari appetizer. Not cheap, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchWheatridge1VIPDined on 10/8/2014Had nice lunch on patio with good service. 1 appetizer, 3 entrees and 3 glasses of wine, the total bill with tip was $111. Food was good, but not spectacular.
- Top 5 restaurant in DenverBmac19Dined on 10/6/2014Easily one of the best places to eat in Denver. Phenomenal local menu, brilliant and helpful staff, great drink and wine selection. My wife and I love this spot. If you want great Italian, you can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Arhodes2Dined on 10/4/2014I was very impressed with Il Posto! The service was absolutely outstanding, wine list was very extensive, and the food was delicious too. The servers clearly knew their products and recommended great choices. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I felt that, while very good, the food proportions weren't entirely worth what they charged...but that's just me being picky, honestly. I would totally recommend this place as a romantic/special night out dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodashleyVIPDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem in the neighborhood! Great food and amazing service!Special Features:
- Kerry BdoctorB2Dined on 10/1/2014We enjoyed the meal. A tad noisy. The presentation of the food and the service were EXCEPTIONAL! The food was very good but not great. A bit overpriced. We loved our waitress:)Special Features:
- PilotphishDined on 9/29/2014Good food, small portions, excellent service, bad draft by the door. We had and app, bottle of wine, soup, 3 entres and I left still hungry after spending over $200.Special Features:
- EatingOut7014Dined on 9/27/2014We went for an anniversary dinner. We really thought the food was exceptional. They change the menu daily, so there's more reason to go back! We had a salad, calamari, a pasta dish, and a fish entrée, and also desserts. The only thing that I didn't love was my cocktail - I'll just order the wine next time. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Il Posto lunchfreetoenjoylifeDined on 9/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed having lunch with a friend. Outdoor dining, perfect weather and great conversation-who could ask for anything more? The waiter was attentive, informative and did not rush us. Would certainly want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FitfoidieFitfoodieDined on 9/19/2014It was date night. We arrived over an hour late due our teen having a car accident. They were more than helpful in accommodating my husband and I. Food is always a welcome surprise full of unexpected mixes of the freshest ingredients. A definite fav for us. Fun and knowledgable staff. Stunning wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Hostess Absent Waiterckmd25VIPDined on 9/18/2014The food was really good here. We both had the John Dory Fish which was quite tasty, a little on the luke-warm side but the flavor was very good. The hostess was also really nice and so was the waitress. However, she disappeared for long periods of time, which was somewhat frustrating. However, overall the food was quite good and the staff was friendly, albeit inattentive.
- Tasting MenuterryDined on 9/16/2014What great food. Be sure to bring your appetite and leave room for that desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST GO TOOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I asked around for numerous recommendations for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. A friend suggested Il Posto and decided to give it a whirl. A tiny restaurant hidden in Cap Hill with a clean and simple atmosphere. The staff was casual which was a nice balance with the menu, made you feel comfortable and not stuffy. Our server was extremely knowledgeable on the menu and wines and helped us make our appetizer selection. The mussels are A MUST ORDER! The broth was slightly spicy and the bacon added flavor. We both ordered the steaks, and OH MY GOODNESS-AMAZING! The came topped with bacon butter (yes, bacon BUTTER) pears and zucchini along with a light sauce. Amazing, I talked about Posto for days. We both cleaned our plates and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We've been to a few of the trendy restaurants and were disappointed. Il Posto met our expectations -- the food was fabulous, the portions were perfect, the service was fantastic. What a gem!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemAlansoDined on 9/13/2014Il Posto brings a great dining experience to a small space. They do a great job of changing the menu--often daily--to incorporate fresh ingredients, preparing them in unusual and delightful ways. The presentation of dishes is excellent, and the wait staff is delightful and accommodating. I love the open kitchen where you can see the chefs doing their magic. Il Posto is a great addition to Denver's Uptown restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeDVDFWDined on 9/6/2014Always an amazing night when you are lucky enough to have Il Posto and the best food in DenverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Posto is my favorite restaurant!JennyDined on 9/3/2014I jump at every opportunity I get to eat at Il Posto. The menu is consistently changing and the food is consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We had heard it was good, but it far exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and i have been to Il Posto four times and each has been excellent in terms of food and service. The wine list is an awesome, reasonably priced collection of Italians that would please most Oenophiles. But... i keep hoping the two-top tables wouldn't be so darned close together. I can easily listen to my neighbors on both sides (which can be funny), but it's not fit for the level of sophistication and elegance that the cool/hip/casual atmosphere of the place exudes. So here's my tip: by all means, do not skip Il Posto, but go with three or four people!Special Features:
- LIKE GOING TO ITALY! FABULOUS!birthdaypresentDined on 8/29/2014We love this restaurant! Wonderful atmosphere, excellent Northern Italian food that is beautifully presented, and Andre', the owner, is a wonderful person who mingles with guests and cares to give each table the experience of feeling like you are in Italy once more. The wait staff is very attentive and the wine recommendations are excellent.Special Features:
- Nice FindvisitorsVIPDined on 8/28/2014Restaurant week was our first time at Il Posto. They did a great job. The food was very, very good. We plan to go there again.Special Features:
- Step into Italy w/o leaving DenverKellUtopianEventsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Il Posto is by far the best italian restaurant in Denver. Chef Owner, Andrea's passion comes through clearly in every aspect of the dining restaurant. The food is second to none, and the service matches it. No matter how hard I try, I cannot find a single detail I would change. It really is that good.kSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.