2011 E. 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilpostodenver.com/
- Phone: 3033940100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11.00am - 2.30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am - Sunday: 5:00pm, 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday to Thursday: 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Frizzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Buy out available
A word from Il Posto
Il Posto offers the complicated simplicity of Italian Food and WineContinued
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Il Posto - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Il Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (75)notable wine list (61)great for outdoor dining (57)special occasion (53)romantic (42)great for lunch (19)hot spot (17)good for groups (9)late-night find (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Il PostoHappyhereDined on 7/18/2014We spent a day in Denver, including a trip to Botanic Gardens. Il Posto was a perfect stop for lunch beforehand; elegant and understated. Lovely food, great service, and we had a most enjoyable time venturing down from the Republic of Boulder!Special Features:
- ItalianbyMarriageDined on 7/16/2014A little expensive but great food - esp. the osso bucco and risotto!Special Features:
- Enthusiastic Thumbs UpmdfeDined on 7/15/2014I just love this restaurant. The food is always interesting, the staff is attentive and well-informed, you can tell the owner is dedicated to making the dining experience a good one. The space is small, but well-organized, so I didn't feel squeezed in. A great night out.Special Features:
- Unbelievable FoodJohannesClimacusVIPDined on 7/12/2014I love this restaurant! The menu changes on a regular basis, you can see the chefs cooking from anywhere in the restaurant, the ambiance is small and intimate. Everything is so fresh! A great place to take a date or go to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food & ServicebballeaglemanDined on 7/12/2014Had another great evening at Il Posto. I will continue to visit here whenever I am in town. The food is an experience and the service is excellent. I went with recommendations from our waitress and was thrilled with every idea. I even tried the octopus and thought it was terrific. To end the evening a male waiter brought out our after dinner drinks and brought out two small glasses of some different liquors he thought would go well with our desserts. What a GREAT evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianluvgoodchowDined on 7/10/2014My girlfriend and I went here and were seated outside right at 5PM. service was friendly and prompt. Fair selection of wine and great food prepared fresh. The menu is different every day. Give this place a try.Special Features:
- Wonderful from start to finishTheaterGoerDined on 7/3/2014We brought some visiting friends from LA here for dinner and they loved Il Posto as much as we do. Deliciously prepared local ingredients, attentive but unobtrusive waitstaff, and a wonderful, affordable winelist. Max, the sommelier, recommended a varietal we had never heard of before and it was an excellent pairing with our food. We can't wait to go back and see what is on the ever-changing menu. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- We missed AndreDisappointedDined on 7/3/2014We've been dining at Il Posto forever, and I think this might be the first time we've arrived to find Andre out of town. Even if our server wouldn't have confirmed that for us, it was obvious. The service was not at all what we are used to at Il Posto. We waited far too long to be served food and wine, and we felt like for every course, we had to ask for our drinks. My salmon was dry. It was my brother's 30th birthday, and I was disappointed for this to be the first time ever that Il Posto let us down.Special Features:
- Andrea continues to impressMAFreezeVIPDined on 7/1/2014I have visited Il Posto several times. On this trip we sampled from each category on the ever-changing menu and each dish was prepared to a quality that exceeds superb. The ahi tuna and the orecchiette with pancetta particularly shined. The service is top notch and the wine list includes just enough from only the best of Italy. Sadly, our evening was interrupted by a horrific hit-and-run accident in full view of patrons on the patio or near the large open windows toward the front of the restaurant. It was unsettling and put a damper on what to that point had been a terrific dinner. Yet to see chef/owner Andrea grab handfuls of cloth napkins from his restaurant and race to the aid of the badly injured man laying in the street was admirable.Special Features:
- Not as good as last timeBarbjefe1VIPDined on 6/30/2014We went there for our anniversary. We had a lovely time and enjoyed the muscato they gave us to celebrate. The salad was fresh and delicious. The gazpacho was also good, but not amazing. The entrees were both pretty good, but not very Italian. The fish seemed somewhat dry and plain. I was there before snd remember it being more exceptional. Perhaps because the true chef was not there this time??I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Met some friends for dinner a week or so ago. We had great wine, food, and ambience. The waiter was attentive (without hovering) friendly, knew his wines and food! Love Il Posto (I'm going to take the risotto cooking course this month).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAAHHH, Andrea --msreDined on 6/24/2014Perfect birthday luncheon on the patio. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistently greatfoodieVIPDined on 6/24/2014fabulous bread, salad, pasta. love the size of the portions.Special Features:
- Our new favoritefinefoodloversDined on 6/21/2014the food incredibly delicious, wonderful wine, service tops with individual care by owner and sommelier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place, but not this timekjindenverDined on 6/21/2014I have always loved Il Posto and get there any chance I can with my husband or friends. The atmosphere is lovely, service impeccable, and food delicious. Everything was the same and wonderful on this last visit except the food. It was a bit too creative for my taste. I had green tomato gazpacho with crab. Unlike regular gazpacho which is bursting with flavors, it was somewhat tasteless and flat. Then, my husband and I split the lobster. It was served with pork fat, strawberries and peas which just did not blend together. I hope the restaurant sticks with more traditional Italian roots - with a twist - not a complete overhaul.Special Features:
- Special little Italian RestaurantFoodieDined on 6/20/2014Good food, some of the wait staff (not our primary server) were snobby and acted pretty unfriendly towards the table in general. The waiter was very nice and the Sommelier was great! Good food for a fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebratory!I84luvDined on 6/19/2014Your food was fantastic, unbelievable flavors, perfect temperatures, well done presentation. Servers were efficient and unobtrusive, my favorite combinationSpecial Features:
- Very specialTeagueDined on 6/19/2014One of the best spots for a neighborhood meal in Denver. Five stars for ambiance, food and wineSpecial Features:
- Best date experienceJamasterJDined on 6/13/2014This place is incredible!!! What a gem - we did the wine pairing dinner and it was awesome!!Special Features:
- Excellent service sealed the dealSarahAnn127Dined on 6/11/2014The food was stellar. The ambience was adorable. The service, from the entire staff, was absolutely amazing. The service was the best I've ever received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Posto is unique !PETERDined on 6/10/2014Il Posto is unique among Denver's many good restaurants. True to its heritage , it keeps turning out very authentic Italian dishes based on the best and freshest ingredients available that day....the menu changes accordingly every night ! Service is friendly ,casual,not overpowering , and the wait staff is always spot-on with their recommendations and service ethic. Chef/Owner Andrea Frizzi is almost always on site , overseeing , making wine recommendations , and welcoming guests new and old. The food is adventurous , innovative , and excellent. The ambience has a great uptown buzz , Il Posto is our favorite spot for a great night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto Like No OtherAnnaBananaDined on 6/4/2014Andrea Frizzi's northern Italian restaurant, Il Posto, serves up a daily changing menu with a few "regulars". I have been eating at his restaurant since it opened, and it never ceases to surprise me, or delight me. I ordered the Osso Bucco, which is served with risotto and a small spoon to eat out the marrow of the bone. The melt-in-your mouth quality of the meat, together with the creamy risotto is unmatched. Andrea suggested a light and crisp red wine, and along with the fresh bufalo mozzarella plate with broccolini, fresh string beans, egg yolk gremalata, and mortadella, I was in food heaven. The service is also very good--no glass of water is every half empty.Special Features:
- Farm to table ItaliankdinerDined on 6/4/2014Il Posto was built for foodies. And the service is remarkable without being intrusive. Got a friendly, enthusiastic education on restaurant's wine selections by the glass. 4-course tasting menu very fairly priced for upscale meal. Every vegatable and cheese that starred from salads to main courses were amazing. Homemade pastas made with love and made to fall in love with. Meat preparation a notch below five-star.Special Features:
- ExtraordinaryDenverFoodieVIPDined on 6/3/2014We enjoyed the chef's tasting menu, and each dish was wonderful. Each was paired with a wine, which matched the dish very well. Service was attentive and excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great ingredients cooked perfectlyGdscVIPDined on 6/2/2014I was blown away by my meal. Super fresh ingredients (king salmon flown in from Alaska that day), quite a good recipe and presentation with flawless skill in the kitchen. A small but well chosen wine list. I will definately return whenever I am in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Posto Has The MostoRickDined on 6/1/2014The tastes of the various ingredients in each dish, from the salad through the dessert are liberating. Definitely a cut above most other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like we were in a different citymnerenDined on 5/31/2014What a great restaurant. We had an incredible meal with incredible service, which unfortunately is often rare. Highly recommend Il Posto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gold Standard!FabulousFoodFanVIPDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant is a true gem! The food is the superstar but no aspect of dining pleasure is overlooked. Our family talked about the food that we ate and the service we received for days after our visit. Our son is an aspiring chef and we eat here because it reminds him what he is striving to achieve. A relaxed atmosphere with spectacular food!!Special Features:
- best in Denver!judithVIPDined on 5/31/2014WOW! fabulous meal; everything just perfect! Our waiter was delightful without being intrusive, the food was just amazing and the overall experience was memorable.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianLoveColoradoDiningVIPDined on 5/30/2014Excellent food with an eclectic, thoughtful wine list.Special Features:
- AMAZING!DVDFWDined on 5/29/2014This truly is one of the most amazing restaurants in Denver. I have lived in Italy and the food served at il posto is like being back in northern Italy. Great wine list and super cool that the menu is made from scratch daily. Definitely a must try restaurant in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food's good; service needs improvedCDRomeDined on 5/27/2014The food and the atmosphere are good. However, this doesn't mean that I enjoy being addressed with "guys" by the twink waiter. Not that this is the only place in Denver where the waiters will address you so. You have a middle-aged gentleman having lunch with an elderly, elegantly dressed lady, neither of whom you have seen before. Do you really think it's appropriate to call them "guys" and touch his shoulder with your hand? This is like the idiotic "no problem" response that you get from waiters these days. I am not your buddy and I certainly don't expect serving me could be a "problem." So refer to me politely, keep your hands off me and relearn to say "you are welcome" when a patron says "thank you" for service he is paying for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent mealNoKidsEatWellDined on 5/18/2014I love this place. This time I had the lamb rack. Perfect medium rare and the other stuff on the plate was a joy to explore. (I still don't know what it all was other than excellent tasting food). When it came out I was initially dismayed that it was only two pieces but they were really substantial and I couldn't have eaten a third. Then desert. Their was an issue with one of them that the server immediately corrected (and took off our bill, thx). Both were heavenly and I wish our party had ordered a third. The cappuccino gets a thumbs up from a coffee snob.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerunknownDined on 5/17/2014Our entire party enjoyed the food. It has lots of flavor and the spices used were complimentary. I thought the drinks and desserts overpriced ($10).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time FavoritePBKWINEGUYVIPDined on 5/16/2014I love the fact they change the menu frequently. Each time we venture in new options present themselves. Multiple veggie options are always a plus for us. We really enjoy IL Posto.Special Features:
- The real dealChefTimDined on 5/13/2014A real restaurant passionately focused on excellent Italian cuisine. They change the menu daily to highlight the freshest seasonal ingredients. My date and I had a super fresh salad with marcona almonds, cherries, and black garlic vinaigrette, then stuffed calamari, Bangs Island mussels with english peas, pork pappardelle (fresh handmade pasta of course), and halibut cheeks. Everything so fresh and properly cooked and seasoned. Desserts - passionfruit chocolate crostata and housemade doughnuts with olive oil creme anglaise - were beautiful and interesting. Truly great cuisine in an unpretentious barebones setting. Il posto is at the top of the restaurant game in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il PostaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014The food and service were great. However, the overall cost of the meal was high, particularly with the small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningOpentablenicknameDined on 5/5/2014Wanted a nice, romantic night out and found the perfect setting al fresco at Il Posto. We had the tasting menu, paired with wines, which was delicious. The only drawback was the amount of pork on the menu - neither of us eat pork and one of us does not eat beef. It would have been nice to have a chicken option. The oysters were delicious and the pasta with green tomatoes was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real ItalianmjtrupDined on 5/3/2014We had the four course tasting menu with wine. The portions of food and the pour of wine was generous. Much fun discussing the wine pair with the food. The pasta was perfect in flavor and cooking length. We thought we were back in Italy.Special Features:
- Will be definitely going back!VickyAndBenDined on 5/2/2014My husband and I wanted to try something different so we ended up there for the first time. The service, wine, and food were amazing! The owner came to great us and introduced himself; he gave us a wine recommendation, and was so warm and welcoming. It was a great environment and we will add it to our list of places to go in Denver.Special Features: