Il Posto Trattoria
4211 Solano Avenue
Napa, CA 94558Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Posto Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilpostonapa.com/home
- Phone: 7072518600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-3:00pm Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Adam Clark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Posto Trattoria
Il Posto Trattoria is a quaint restaurant located at the north end of the city, in the beautiful Napa Valley. We specialize in traditional Italian cuisine with ingredients from Italy and locally grown. Il Posto provides a warm, comfortable and non pretentious atmosphere with a variety of food options for all ages alike. Walking into Il Posto is like walking into a Trattoria in Rome or Venice, yet it is here in the Incredible Napa Valley! Our menu includes a variety of salads and house made pastas, in both small and large portions. We serve rustic pizzas and classic Italian dishes like Chicken Picatta, Ravioli and Veal Saltimboca. Come check us out for a real Italian experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Il Posto Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Il Posto Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (32)kid-friendly (26)good for groups (19)special occasion (18)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- One of our favoritesJaniceKVIPDined on 8/19/2014Il Posto has great food, great service and the house red wine is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only for locals!DossieDined on 8/16/2014We had an 8:45 dinner reservation, and enjoyed a nice, but rushed, dinner. At 10:00PM, we were the last people in the place, and the entire staff, and the owner, stood at the door waiting for us to leave. We never were offered coffee or dessert, and ushered out the door! It was rude & unprofessional- if they want to accept reservations for 8:45, they should plan on letting paying guests stay for at least an hour and a half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food!chargerinheavenDined on 8/12/2014We came here when they first opened and the menu has changed for the better. The food is prepared old school italian style which makes it taste that much better. Big variety of wine and other drinks. There was alittle noise but not so much that you couldn't hear the person your sitting with. The flavor and taste of the food are as good as they can get. Service was very efficent. Try it for yourself....Special Features:
- Great Local Italian EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Recommended as the place that locals eat in Napa, we were delighted to find this moderately-priced restaurant offering fine food, thoughtfully prepared and served. Definitely a destination restaurant next time in Napa.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Great food and charming neighborhood restaurant! The pasta was excellent. We enjoyed a fabulous italian wine. We are new residents in Napa and Il Posto will be a regular dining spot for us!Special Features:
- Our favorite Napa restaurantdanrmVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is the second time we've been to the wine country. We found this place last year and were thrilled to return this year. My wife and I shared every course and enjoyed every bite. In the bruschetta with prosciutto, the in-season figs added an amazing texture and taste. For our second course, the agnolotti (pasta with ricotta & black truffle filling) was served with chicken and 2 kinds of beans; even the broth was good to the last drop. The rest was great too, but I need to say the atmosphere is wonderful too. The owner is present, the hostess and waitstaff help out whenever needed (in other words, not territorial) and it's so pleasant to finish a day here. We give it a hearty recommendation and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great local italian restaurantnaparoseVIPDined on 7/28/2014Great Italian food as well as delicious appetizers, entrees, and desserts. We had Caesar salad which had fresh shaved Parmesan cheese - yum! My dining partner's baked ziti was loaded with fresh mozzarella and really good. My hangar steak was cooked to perfection and very tender. We shared the gelato and ordered three flavors. It was a delicious finish to our meal. We also ordered 2009 Phipps Family Zinfandel which was fantastic and well priced. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good food!CschroedsDined on 7/27/2014We called ahead to say we would be 20 min. and they held our reservation for us - AWESOME! We didn't order an appetizer, there was bread w/ oil & balsamic to dip, but no seasoning snide there wasn't any salt or pepper at the table so it was a little bland. I ordered the Ricotta Gnocchi w/ pork belly and polenta - it was phenomenal! I highly recommend it! My husband had the Anglietti w/ braised chicken and it was kind of bland, but I will say that this dish was not what my husband would normally order. I had a glass of the house white which was a blend and i thought it tasted a little watered down. We had the Tiramisu for dessert which was good but we didn't think it was "great" b/c it had a layer of "crunch" that was weird!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place went downhilldontgotoilpostoDined on 7/26/2014First off we came to this restaurant because we wanted to go out to dinner due to a past GREAT experience we have had here. However, this time, that was not so. Our experience was like night and day compared to our first visit. We made reservations and were seated. There was a shady looking guy who looked like he had just gotten out of jail who worked there and just kind of stood there, looking like a creep. Apparently he was the supervisor, manager or something like that. I ordered the agnolotti and it was terrible. It came with braised chicken in it. Let me start by saying I could have made better braised chicken at home. It was a watery mess. In addition, service was extremely slow. Terrible experience, don't go here, it sucks.
- Well DoneKatorindaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Happen to be looking for a restaurant away from the fray of downtown. Il Posto was such a treat. The food was excellent--homemade pasta, meatballs to die for. Our argula salad with nectarine and salumi was excellent as well. Good service and well-priced for the quality. Really enjoyed our meal and we will be back.Special Features:
- Local fav in NapaRickNStlDined on 7/18/2014Well off the beaten path and a storefront location (that was the old Post Office we're told) this restaurant was a welcome fnd. Since the experience was non-pretentious the price was signfiicantly lower than comparable food at the more trendy local competitors. We loved the homemade pasta and the calamari appetizer was fabulously different. Wish the wine list went deeper with so many great vineyards in the neighborhood but the Krug Merlot went well with our dinner.
- Consistently fabulousLoveCADined on 7/15/2014Il Posto is truly a neighborhood gem for a number of different reasons. I not only live close by but even if you don't, it has a wonderful neighborhood/family atmosphere and the staff is always welcoming and happy to see you!Special Features:
- JN1076Dined on 7/9/2014Obviously a favorite with the Napa locals. We surely were recognizable as tourists but our service was as friendly and attentive as if we were old regulars. The food was excellent with great menu recommendations from our waiter. If we lived in Napa this would be on the at-least-once-a-week list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!HeyPegDined on 7/1/2014What a great find. This is the best Italian food I have ever had. In addition to the regular menu, they have regular, daily specials. We were there on Tuesday....lasagna night. Everything is homemade: pasta, sauce, even ricotta. Best lasagna I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Take your friendsnborhdgemDined on 6/30/2014Take your friends for lunch, they don't rush you out. everyone loved their food, plentiful amounts. I really like their lemonade which is made a glass at a time. They are busies at dinner, but still a great place. Recommend reservations for dinner. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off the beaten path to yumminess!showmeyummyDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I went here with no recommendation from anybody. Our concierge never mentioned it either. Wow....we were glad we went. It's a small place off the regular path from the rest of the hustle and bustle of downtown Napa. The food was great! We would highly recommend it to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Food and service was amazing! We will come back on our next trip to Napa for sure. Pasta was homemade and delicious, everything was so fresh and tasty! We were well taken care of too, from our waiter to bus boy it was first class service. Can't wait to go again!
- Great neighborhood restaurantnaparoseVIPDined on 6/2/2014Good Italian cuisine and home made pasta. The staff is wonderful and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take you Guests herenborhdgemDined on 5/31/2014We took 3 out of towners to lunch. They were really impressed with the food and service. They make their lemonade one glass at a time with real lemons. The halibut was fabulous. The steak fries (not French fries) were the best. The service is very personal and so very polite. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we didn't have the hassle of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable!fogcitymomVIPDined on 5/30/2014A fabulous, out-of-the-way surprise! Our hotel receptionist recommended Il Posto as a way to avoid downtown Napa on a crowded concert weekend. What a treat! Homemade Caesar dressing on crispy, hearts-only romaine, followed by a dark, rich, tangy "Papa's Secret" meat-laden (beef & pork?) sauce tossed with hand-made ribbons of tagliatelle...scrumptious! Followed by a lemon- ricotta cannoli that was light, flavorful, and had just exactly the right "crunch," this was an unforgettable meal. Service was a perfect balance of attention & non-intrusion. If not for a family wedding banquet, we'd have gone back the next night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoogaDined on 5/27/2014This place was great. A new go to spot with family and friends!Special Features:
- OMG!!food4foodiesDined on 5/23/2014We visited Il Posto when it first opened and although we enjoyed the food the service left a bit to be desired. As for myself I find that the food is better when the service is good. We re-visited and I must say UNBELIEVABLE!!!! The meal was outstanding (try the stuffed olives) and the service was above and beyond. I would recommend this restaurant to ANYONE that enjoys a memorable dining experience. This is one of our favorite picks for Napa!!!Special Features:
- Great choice- food and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The staff was very friendly and accommodating, we arrived early for our reservation and they gave us seating options. The server was friendly and fun. He knew beer and wine. The food was beyond delicious. I recommend the gnocchi. It is subtle, roasted perfectly, and heavenly. The secret sauce is secretly the best sauce ever made. The tiramisu was obviously homemade and the perfect consistency, nothing overpowering. We came from Phoenix, looking for really good food with a down to earth menu. We picked the best restaurant for this based on a recommendation from O'Brien winery. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Il Posto Rocks.......primetimeDined on 5/17/2014We enjoy our family celebrations, large and small here! Something for everyone on the menu, even gluten free. Appetizers, salads, entrees seasoned to perfection. Cocktails and wine list palate pleasing. We often share deserts, for final sweet tidbit. Cannoli's are my favorite, super fresh. Service varies, as in any restaurant. Generally very attentive.Special Features:
- Italian with a California touchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2014Good but not great. A tad high priced pasta was said to be homemade but a bit too al dente and seemed dry compared to homemade. Eggplant was nice and marinara sauce very good overall a nice change from the tourist traps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden surprisesfgirlDined on 5/3/2014This is a no frills basic neighborhood restaurant in a strip mall with fabulous Italian food. Very attentive staff and wonderful service. The food is mostly northern Italian with some good southern dishes as well. We had the caesar salad, rice balls, and the oxtail pasta and they tasted fresh, homemade and presented with pride. The wine list offers may choices by the glass and all reasonably priced. We only wished we had room for dessert! This is a casual restaurant but the food is superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 199 reviews are from the Il Posto Trattoria reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2014Service excellent, waitstaff very attentive. Food was delicious, would and have recommended this restaurant to friends and neighbors. Good to have a local place in the area. Not to touristy.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Local Eaterybrooksie211VIPDined on 4/24/2014Always fantastic, great for lunch or dinner! We usually walk in but sometimes they are so busy we wished we made a reservation.Special Features:
- Dine Like a LocalSnowBirdDined on 4/18/2014Chicken Marsala and Fusilli were both excellent and well prepared. Restaurant is a little off the highway and easy to get to. Fast, friendly, and reasonably priced makes this a for sure Napa favorite.Special Features:
- Che rumore!KirklandboyVIPDined on 4/10/2014This place is dependable for cooking, but our last visit, it was so noisy that it prompted my husband to say, "a good place to take your ex wife." We are happy for their success, but will not return unless it is after 9 PM. Still, a worthy place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday AfternoonDatenightDined on 4/6/2014IL Posto Trattoria has the best pizza pie. The crust light but not too crispy almost like a pastry dough. The sauce, cheese and meat was perfectly balanced without being too heavy and didn't leave me feeling stuffed after having one piece because it is too good to have just one piece. Delicious!Special Features:
- Great for locals and tourist alike!NapachickDined on 4/4/2014My second visit and it was a spontaneous dinner for our 10th wedding anniversary. The restaurant hosts a small dining room experience and lively atmosphere and usually packed with locals and tourists together. We sat at the wine and beer bar, sipped Pinot Noir and Chianti and chatted with some locals. We had an enjoyable meal of brussels sprouts and garlic bread as appetizers and then eggplant parmigiana and the seafood/pasta for dinner. The flavors were yummy. My eggplant was cooked just a bit on the dry side but it had a wonderful flavor. It was a great time! Jason the owner is always so friendly and welcoming which makes Il Posto Trattoria an extra special and intimate experience.
- neighborhood gemmimiDined on 4/3/2014very cute italian restaurant! authentic italian food..staff very friendly..excelleent vino a must is the buoncristiani wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RevisitedMarmotDined on 3/30/2014We had dinner at Il Posto shortly after it opened and it was just ok. Friends recently had dinner there and raved about it so we decided to give it another try. We're very glad we did. It has improved significanlt. The food and service was very good, the noise level was far less intense and the wine list had a wide range of choices at reasonable prices....reasonable for Napa. We are looking forward to having a weekend lunch there and returning for dinner very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itNapanativeVIPDined on 3/28/2014We went for my husband's birthday dinner! The restaurant staff was friendly and the food was wonderful. We all tried something different but the favorites of the table were the gnocchi and the tortellini. The cannoli was also very fresh and yummy. Highly recommend as a wonderful neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findGirlsDayDined on 3/28/2014My husband had rigatoni & meatballs – IL Posto marinara, parmigiano. I had the spaghetti frutti di mare – clams mussels, shrimp, fennel, tomato, chiles. Both were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't the sameLuvDivingDined on 3/21/2014Frequented when the 1st opened. Happy to find authentic Italian dishes and good flavors. Didn't go back for about 1 yr & when I did, was sadly disappointed. Menu had changed - I was missing the octopus appetizer & black pasta dishes. Perhaps it was the disconnect with service. Server was nice, but would bring one thing out, forget another. Asked for a sauce for the app from a very tall man and he walked off but never returned. Service seemed awkward or off, as if they couldn't get into the groove. The food was good, but didn't taste as well because the experience was sub par. Strangely, there were only 4 tables and it was a Friday night. Whatever they were doing a year ago they should go back to. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Posto is here to stayWine24VIPDined on 3/20/2014Six of us local wine & food industry people dined at the Il Posto as a few the group had already been there a couple of times. Traditional Northern Italian with a little Napa flair. We shared a few apps as a group and salads before we each had are own entrée. Apps & salads were delicious, Beet Salad off the charts. Deep Fried Brussels Sprouts. Are you hungry yet? We even passed the entrees around so we could each try. Every dish was perfect and had great flavors. Corkage is $12 - Cant beat that. If you want to enjoy an awesome meal & wine and still have money left for tomorrow's dinner. Il Posto is my choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sempre si mangia beneKirklandboyVIPDined on 3/16/2014We love this place for a spur of the moment decision to dine out. It has become our go to restaurant. Siete veramente bravi! Complimenti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and great serviceNapaFoodieDined on 3/15/2014The guys at IlPosto rock it every time. The food is always great and the service is top notch. While we have not had all the items on the menu what we have had has been perfect. When in Napa give it a trySpecial Features: