Il Posto - Toronto
148 Yorkville Ave
Toronto, ON M5R 1C2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Il Posto - Toronto
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilposto.ca/
- Phone: 4169680469
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Latif Abdul
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private Dining room can seat up to fourteen people and is equipped with high definition flat screen T.V. for a presentation.
- Private Party Contact: Rocco or Sokol 4169680469
A word from Il Posto - Toronto
Situated in the heart of Yorkville, Il Posto has been one of Toronto's most renowned restaurants since 1981; welcoming guests for a variety of occasions including corporate business meetings, special events or for those who simply wish to enjoy an exquisite meal in the city's most elegant district. Using only fresh products of superior quality to prepare the finest dishes, our culinary experts are able to offer Il Posto's customers the best of Italian cuisine, complemented by a variety of exclusive wines from our cellar. The elegant main dining area, with our private dining room and Toronto's most popular patio in the summer, completed by our competent staff which puts in every effort to satisfy their guests expectations of an unforgettable fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Il Posto - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Yorkville ›
Il Posto - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (10)great for lunch (10)romantic (9)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Il Posto stays the courseGeorgeDined on 8/10/2014Consistently great food -- who else cooks both calves liver and capellini so perfectly? -- and warm and friendly service. This classic Yorkville ristorante was supposed to make way for yet another new condo development but is still holding its ground, including its wonderful appointed sunshine-shaded patio. Don't miss a chance to savour its splendid menu while you still can.Special Features:
- Mediocre food, even worse serviceridinfourringsDined on 7/18/2014Made a reservation via opentable but when we got there they did not have the reservation placed. It wasn't too busy so they managed to find us a table on the very nice patio. Unfortunately the food was not verybgood and worse yet thebservce was terrible. We had the Tamil fellow as a waiter and he was very unattentive and was only friendly when it came to paying the bill. He didn't askbusbhoebwe were doing the entire meal and it was the young italian fellow that seemed to be at our table more often even though we weren't in his section.Special Features:
- Amazing outdooe patiogigantherDined on 7/17/2014I went to Il Posto as part of summerlicious. The ambience was great! The quality of food was very good. They could use some additional flavoring on their Calamari though. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.SarahDined on 7/17/2014Food was delicious. I had their grilled calamari, halibut and chocolate banana meringue for dessert. All very fresh tasting. Staff was very friendly and nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014generous portions of well-prepared food served well in a quiet comfortable roomSpecial Features:
- Great patioRogueDined on 7/14/2014Went here for lunch during Summerlicious and it was very good. The patio is great, secluded, quiet, well laid out. Grilled calamari app was nice, not great, 'il posto gnocchi' was excellent, really tender, loved the sauce. Best part though was definitely the panna cotta. Perfectly creamy texture and taste.Special Features:
- Good Italian FareTQfoodDined on 7/12/2014Although we were pleased with our food from the Chilean Bass to various pastas, I cannot say that I experienced the best Italian food in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InvitingnekoDined on 7/12/2014Ate out on the inviting patio - the weather was warm and comfortable - great afternoon to eat al fresco. The waiter was attentive and professional. The meal from my watermelon gazpacho, rainbow trout to banana chocolate meringue torte was delicious. My friends had the calamari appetizer and were very pleased with the texture ( not chewy ) and taste. Happy to recommend this restaurant to others to try.Special Features:
- Deplorable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Ignored by waiter despite being the only people inside the restaurant. Had to ask for cheque and then chase down the waiter to pay. Ordered from summerlicious menu. Food was not what I expected. The salmon was grossly undercooked. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Summerlicious at Il PostoGeorgeDined on 7/4/2014Il Posto is always delicious and memorable and its Summerlicious menu lived up to this classic Yorkville ristorante's reputation. We asked to see it merely out of curiosity but then ended up ordering from it, resulting in yet another great evening spent under the tent at Il Posto's splendid courtyard patio!Special Features:
- Nicest patiotimetodineDined on 6/15/2014We recently enjoyed a sunny Sunday afternoon, dining outdoors. The food was excellent, the service was very good, and the ambience was wonderful. We appreciated that there wasn't any loud music so we could enjoy our conversations. I would highly recommend Il Posto and I hope to return soon also.Special Features:
- DisorganizedAndreaDined on 5/24/2014The restaurant seemed to have no record of our Open Table reservation. The service staff seemed very pressed for time. We waited for almost an hour before ordering our meal. They didn't seem very interested in ensuring that we were having a pleasant experience. When it arrived, the food was wonderful....but the service bordered on surly.Special Features:
- A Hdden GemlovetodanceDined on 5/15/2014IL Posto is still the perfect hidden gem it's always been. I've been frequenting this romantic little piece of Italy since the 80's.I would highly recommend it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden Gem in YorkvilleYaYaDined on 5/1/2014Really enjoyed the food and the wonderful/friendly service! I'll definitely keep going back!Special Features:
- The following 84 reviews are from the Il Posto - Toronto reviews archive.
- GreatMel66Dined on 4/5/2014Dinner was lovely - a Toronto landmark that we had never been to before. Just wonderful traditional italian, exceptional service - recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood Favourite - Il PostoDavidproVIPDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I returned during a recent stay over in Toronto. Great ambiance fir couples. Food was outstanding. Service was fine. Unfortunately the location is hidden away in a courtyard, but it is worth the search. Very accommodating for special dietary needs, just write ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in TorontoItalianMDDined on 2/22/2014My table ordered the "Carre di Agnello" (lamb), the "Gnocchi alla Sorrentina" and the "Branzino al Forno" (seabass) as our mains. The lamb was cooked perfectly with a light sauce that only enhanced the flavours and didn't overpower, the tomato sauce for the gnocchi was clearly made with san marzano tomatoes and added a degree of freshness to what is usual a "heavy" dish (so much so that I daresay that would become a dish I'd enjoy on a hot summer's day), and the seabass was definitely fresh. For dessert my table shared the "Torta di Mele" (apple pie) and the "Pere al Vino Rosso" (pears in red wine sauce) and of course the flavours were perfection. The price is a bit high at Il Posto, but if you love fresh Italian food this is the place :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandWinterliciousDined on 2/13/2014The place was empty at 7:00 on a Thurs night in Yorkville. The food was all very bland. Mussels were quite good and a generous portion. White ravioli in a white sauce in a white bowl. Unappetizing. Pork was overcooked and bland. They also DON'T TAKE DEBIT. Waited aprox 15mins for the waiter to take our payment. There were only 2 other couples in the restaurant. He walked by us 4 times. Winterlicious is an opportunity to go out and try different places. It's also an opportunity for restauranteurs to showcase their establishments to new customers. Didn't get that from this place. It was a $45.00 prix fixe that should have been $25.00. Sometimes it's not "location location"
- Lovely restaurantdrdoctorDined on 2/10/2014The restaurant was well appointed, the food excellent and the service superb. I have no complaints at all with this restaurant and plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Everything was fantastic. If you don't mind mind spending a little more than your average night out, this place is definitely worth it. Fine ding, great wine and acceptional service. I would definitely reccomend it:) Bon appetitoSpecial Features:
- WinterliciouschiaramarieDined on 2/7/2014I have heard quite a few people say that Il Posto is good, so I went during Winterlicious. The portion sizes were small, the food had barely any spice or flavouring. Olive oil was the only seasoning on any of my food. My salmon ravioli had just the tiniest hint of salmon, and only five ravioli in the dish. The waiters were also snobby. If you are planning on ordering off of the Winterlicious menu, do not expect the same respect they give other diners. The waiters refer to the Winterlicious menu as "the tasting menu"... I should have guessed then that I would be leaving hungry. I'm sticking to my old Yorkville Italian favourite, Toni Bulloni's. They aren't participating in Winterlicious, but your dinner will be worth it!
- Bad moodFoodieAtYorkvilleVIPDined on 10/19/2013After the single greeting from the server at the door, during the while course of dinner, we were never served water. We asked for twice and they only added water for the person who asked for it. They don't care about your friend also needed water... The dishes was served wrong at first, when we said it's wrong, the server didn't buy it. It was during the meal when another server rushed to us and changed the dinner to the right one. Gosh... Our night was somewhat distracted by this terrible experience but i's good we had some fun at another bar afterwards. Gosh.
- excellent Food - Service isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2013excellent Food - Service is friendly but the Prices are a bit high. Nevertheless a good and enjoyable place to have dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Posto againDavidproVIPDined on 10/5/2013A neighbourhood gem, we keep on returning to for dependable food and service, whenever we wish a quiet great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedMulletedMohawkDined on 9/14/2013I reserved a table here on the recommendation of a client who had absolutely had a fantastic time. When arriving we were a little surprised on 3 levels: 1. The décor and environment were slightly dated 2. Very slow for a Saturday 3. Menu was very small - could be great, could be really bad Let me say that what the restaurant lacked in esthetic the absolutely made up in service and food.....the dishes were fresh and delicious and the service was what you would expect to receive at a 5 diamond hotel......they completely hit the mark on all levels. Their wine list was incredible and we will definitely be going back. Kudos to the staff at Il Posto and the fabulous chefs that made our evening so enjoyable and incredible memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2013The food and service is always top notch, and in the summer the patio is one of the best. I never have a bad thing to say about Il Posto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsdessapointedDined on 7/18/2013we had a nice evening, the food was fresh and very tasty..too bad the vegetables of the day or pasta that accompanies main dishes are way too small so some people will remain still hungry..the presentation is nice and service was good..we will go back however as long as it will not be demolished for condos...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered one of the specialsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2013I ordered one of the specials of the day which was a shrimp linguine. It only had two whole shrimp in it!! The rest of the shrimp (if there were any) were unidentifiable and mixed in with the sauce and could have been anything quite frankly. It was very disappointing! I usually enjoy ordering "daily specials" because the chef usually likes to show off some wonderful ingredients. It was not the case here. On the other hand our waiter was wonderful and very professional.
- A bit DisappointedCathieVIPDined on 6/16/2013I was a bit disappointed. We arranged to go there for Father's Day. We were encouraged to sit outside -- which was fine as it was quite nice. I had no complaints about my meal -- the grilled calamari and crusted sea bass was delicious. I am told that the ceasar salad was average at best. The gnocchi was apparently quite delicious. The fettuccini bolognese was too spicy -- quite surprising -- and when another entree was ordered (my son ate the spicy fettuccini) -- no comment was made -- sorry, etc. The cheque took WAY too long to arrive. I had been looking forward to trying it out and not sure I will return.
- Really enjoyed the foodNeilVIPDined on 5/11/2013Extremely nice meals for all of us. Pasta and Gnocchi were amazing and I had some of biggest tiger shrimp I have ever seen. Simple and delicious. Pretty quiet for a Saturday night but the weather was abysmal so I expect a few people cancelled. Would definitely go back and sit on the patio some warm summer night.Special Features:
- Very good food, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/4/2013Patio is beautiful in the summer but inside is not as special. Food is always great but the value for money isn't. Servings are rather small and extras you'd hope for at that price aren't there. Waiter not very friendly but otherwise service is good. Dropping the prices a bit would fill more seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey. Wine list isOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2013A bit pricey. Wine list is not great and extremely pricey as well. Having a few Canadian whites would be good.
- We have been going to El PostoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013We have been going to El Posto for years and have always had great food. I hope that the recent experience was an off night, or perhaps the chef was on holiday.
- Went to Il Posto for WinterliciousAlexDined on 1/27/2013Went to Il Posto for Winterlicious on a Sunday night. Even though there were a fair number of diners, the ambiance was quiet and intimate - definitely a great date spot. Between the two of us, we had the mixed green salad, grilled calamari, salmon, and steak. The salmon was the stand out dish of the evening, cooked just right with perfect seasoning, to make for a very tasty meal. We were a little disappointed by the chocolate banana cake, and kind of wished we had tried the tiramisu. The wine selection was pretty good - we enjoyed a bottle of sauvignon blanc from New Zealand. Service was professional and courteous.Special Features:
- This was an amazing winterliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013This was an amazing winterlicious spot. A first time for me. I had the green salad, handmade ravioli and teramisu. Everything was excellent.Special Features:
- It was my first time at theLexyDined on 1/26/2013It was my first time at the restaurant. I attended winterlicious. Definitely will return to try more dishes. The calamari was amazing and they had a divine wine list.Special Features:
- Good food, average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Good food. Service was just average. I was a bit disappointed as I was not offered the following: Wine, right before the meal and coffee right before my dessert. I was planning to have coffee there but changed my mind when our server did not bother offering it.
- The meals were small. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013The meals were small. They were very tasty if a little pricey.
- This place needs a big makeover!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/20/2012This place needs a big makeover! It's interior is tired. The food deserves better ambience. The wine list also needs a makeover and is expensive. Selection isn't wide or interesting esp in the Italian department. Maybe best left for summer lunch or dinner when you can eat on the patio (although a condo is going up soon so that may put an end to the patio)Special Features:
- We dine at Il Posto quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012We dine at Il Posto quite frequently. The food is very good, the wine list is good and the service is attentive and friendly. We will be going back.Special Features: