Il Piccolo Verde
140 S Barrington Pl
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Piccolo Verde
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilpiccoloverde.com/
- Phone: 3104724939x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pablo Merida
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering serves any dish on the menu in a tray serving 15 or half tray serving 7.
A word from Il Piccolo Verde
Il Piccolo Verde is a casual fine dining Italian food restaurant located in Brentwood Village at 140 S. Barrington Place. From homemade spaghetti and meatballs to Napolitano pizzas cooked in our Italian wood burning oven to homemade tiramisu, Verde offers the locale a new staple of Italian cuisine fare with a refined palate. Il Piccolo Verde is also proud to announce our new tasty and vibrant health conscious section of the menu, Verde Naturale, dedicated to healthful, low calorie, great tasting Italian dishes. Centered around organic gluten free grains, organic and fresh vegetables and organic unrefined cold pressed oils, Il Piccolo Verde strives for excellence in health food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Il Piccolo Verde - Best Restaurants in Brentwood ›
Il Piccolo Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (5)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- An off Night for Il Picolo VerdeNeenerDined on 9/23/2014This was my 5th time at this restaurant and by far the worse experience I have had. The service was so slow, the food was terrible and the waitress seemed like she was spacy and having an off night. It took 20 min for us to be noticed and I had to call from the outside patio to ask for menus. It took another 10 min for drinks to be served. I ordered a salad I normally order but I guess the chef did something different and it came out tasting bland and not at all what I ordered. I basically got a bunch of shredded lettuce and a few small veggies sprinkled on it. They did bring a plate of added raw veggies when I asked but still. Also, their beers are EXTREMELY expensive.Special Features:
- LarryVIPDined on 9/21/2014This was our first time at this restaurant, but definitely not our last. The choices for a glass of wine or a beer were extensive and reasonably priced. The bread was pieces of pizza crust just out of the oven (light and very good) and the tapanade was excellent. We each started with an okay salad and then split a 12" pizza cooked the Naples way. This means that they had a pizza oven that was especially designed for them in Naples, one that was capable of cooking at 800 degrees and making the pizza in one minute. (They also have New York style pizzas made in a regular pizza oven.) Ours was perfect, with what may be the best crust we have ever had. We need to go back and try other pizzas and their extensive pasta list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Hidden Gem, Great ServicebrentwooddinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is an amazing hidden gem, quiet, gorgeous, and delicious plus what a refreshing experience with suburb service! We came here for dinner on a Friday night and ordered a salad, appetizer, and chicken diavola. Everything was delicious plus large portions. The service was incredible as everyone was very friendly and attentive. Nice patio space too! Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- yum123VIPDined on 8/31/2014We went here for lunch on a sunday afternoon, there was only 1 other party in the entire restaurant, so noise was not an issue. Food was good. We got their lunch special - salad and a sandwich. They left us alone for the most part, needed to flag them down for water that went completely empty and a persistent fly that kept zooming near our food.Special Features:
- 2arknw22arknw2Dined on 8/22/2014There were 3 in our party. I was disappointed that the waiter did not suggest any "SPECIALS" for that evening, my dinner was just ok. took half of it home and tried to "doctor it up" but it still was tasteless for me. the salad was just ok. The others in my party seemed disappointed, also. I am not sure if we will go back.Special Features:
- Love this local gem.LindaMBVIPDined on 8/22/2014Thank you for my second great meal at Il a Piccolo Verde! The food was delicious, brought quickly once ordered and served HOT!! Our waitress was a sweetheart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good staff!!!CoraVVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food is good and service is great!!! Oscar and Eleazar were so nice and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy and unorganized.ChlobearrrVIPDined on 8/9/2014So noisy we couldn't hear or understand our server. Took forever to get our drinks, and then our food. They also gave our table away to a party that didn't have a reservation.
- What a great findil2eVIPDined on 7/5/2014Went there after looking for something close on the OpenTable app. It is tucked away in a little commercial area in Brentwood. I checked out the reviews and it did not disappoint. The service was great and attentive an the food was great. Good portions, great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Il Piccolo Verde reviews archive.
- jcdrDined on 6/29/2014Great service from Nannete. Excellent food! Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!Shrimplover8515Dined on 6/28/20147 of us went on a Saturday night to celebrate a birthday. With the attentive service, excellent quality of food, portion size and reasonable prices we will go back again and they also gave us 2 free desserts the birthday person. What a great find!Special Features:
- shopperVIPDined on 6/21/2014I have been here a few times since it opened in my neighborhood. The food is always consistently outstanding. Some of the best pasta I have ever had is here. Our server was attentive and friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone--in or out of the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian Food & Ambiance!Smartgirl1Dined on 6/15/2014Love this charming little restaurant. Huge portions, great prices, & a friendly staff all makes for a great dining experience!Special Features:
- JuliusDined on 6/12/2014This place is consistently good. Have been there many times now and never had a bad meal. Prices are very fair.Special Features:
- Cute little place!DarstcoachVIPDined on 6/12/2014This cute little restaurant serves beautiful food. I recommend the Carrot Cauliflower Soup! The salads that we ordered were beautiful but bland…try something else. Along with the favorites you would expect in an Italian restaurant they also have a "green" menu - good for vegetarians.
- good food...service a little slowdhartVIPDined on 6/3/2014good food...service a little slow...would go back thoughSpecial Features:
- First time, hopefully not the lastJudgeJoeVIPDined on 5/31/2014A new Italian restaurant on the Westside is not news, but as a non-foodie who likes good food, nice portions and reasonable pricing, Il Piccolo Verde is a great addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodJHG1VIPDined on 5/15/2014Excellent house made pasta and pizza and handles well a large group. Good service and great outdoor patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip Green MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/22/2014Aside from being a very quaint place off secluded, private Brentwood Place, the food and service are fantastic. And there is a "green" section with creative salads made from ingredients like quinoa, wheatbuck, ferro, etc, that are fabulous. Will definitely be back for "take outs" as well.Special Features:
- A wonderful surprise!PhoodieVIPDined on 4/12/2014We have lived near this little place for a year and just decided to try it with a coupon. We were amazed at the quality and freshness of the food and the very reasonable prices. My wife had the cioppino (seafood in red sauce) and I had the trout in a sage butter sauce. We were both very impressed - best Italian red sauce in a restaurant we have ever had. Portions were generous, staff was friendly, and they even treated us to complimentary dessert. We will surely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spot - a real winnerHappycustomerVIPDined on 4/8/2014Had yet ANOTHER fine experience! Service is THE best and all three guests raved about their meals. Even the Caesar Salad garnered compliments. It's a winner and will choose it again and again and again...Special Features:
- The service was the worstevieVIPDined on 3/31/2014The service was the worst I've had in a long, long time. I will NEVER go back to this restaurant. NOr will the person I took with me. Disgraceful!!! No wonder they have to give 1000 points to get someone there. The people who DO go there don't come back.
- Great little Italian gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2014We had never been here although had eaten many times at the old estashlishment. The four of us we very pleasantly surprised by the ambiance, delicious food and very friendly attentive service. We sat outside on a lovely heated patio and enjoyed a great bottle of wine on a chilly evening. Everything from the salads, pastas, chicken piccata , white fish was execellent. We will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY Italian in BrentwoodJaybeeVIPDined on 3/8/2014what a fun neighborhood find! Ambiance of NYC near the comfort of home on the westside. Excellent pizza, pasta and house wines. can't wait to go back, which we are doing Saturday and taking neighborsSpecial Features:
- Great low key spotLizzyVIPDined on 3/7/2014We enjoyed thus restaurant. It was tucked away from the bustle of Brentwood and had a great relaxed atmosphere. The food was good and the service friendly. The menu was extensive enough for everyone to find something to enjoy. The food was good.Special Features:
- Delicious food!tiramisuVIPDined on 2/20/2014Cute, charming restaurant tucked away at the bottom of the S. Barrington block in Brentwood Village. Went there for lunch. I had the salmon which was absolutely moist the way I like it with a nice light sauce, included brocolini & roasted potatoes. My friend had the vegetarian pizza that she said was fresh and delicious. 2 hours free validated parking in a nearby lot within walking distance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is relativelyshopperVIPDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant is relatively new to the neighborhood of Brentwood. The service is friendly and attentive. The food is outstanding. Everything we ordered was delicious and freshly made. The room is small and comfy and tables are placed near each other, but that is not a distraction. I highly recommend this restaurant for some great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiscovered gemWaterDogDined on 2/14/2014I've dined here 4 or 5 times, and twice I've brought my own wine and don't remember a corkage fee. On Valentine's Day, there was free Tiramisu. With a $50 bottle of wine (decent), the bill before tip was $100. The food and ambiance has always been good. The prices are reasonable, especially given he quality of the food and the Brentwood village location. I've enjoyed the pasta and well as salads. So far, because it is relatively new and unknown, tables are easy to get, even on Valentine's Day. The ambiance is enjoyable, including for intimate and/or romantic. There is a small patio just off the sidewalk with heaters and, when needed, clear plastic roll-down windows if it gets chilly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and yummy pasta!crazybebooVIPDined on 1/30/2014The restaurant was empty during my entire dine there with 3 other people on a Thursday evening. The wait staff was wonderful and the chef and owner came out to greet us. They have a green/natural section of their menu which had some nice choices. We also ordered two pastas and although simple, they were very tasty. Burrata pizza was thin and crispy. Their house red wine was nice and the tiramisu was well made and fresh. It was great to have the place to ourselves, but I would hope that more people find this lovely restaurant - great ambiance, big space, easy parking outside and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice neighborhood ItalianSofiaVIPDined on 12/20/2013Very nice neighborhood Italian restaurant. They have excellent soups, salad's pasta and seafood.Special Features: