400 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.giacominodrago.com/home.htm
- Phone: 3102055444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - midnight
Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giacomino Drago
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant about private parties.
A word from Il Pastaio
Gourmet Magazine calls il Pastaio "a taste of heaven," and says "the cooks in il Pastaio's kitchen have angel's hands". Los Angeles Magazine critics choice ranked it "one of the top ten new restaurants". It's no wonder this friendly neighborhood trattoria has been a favorite meeting place, satisfying locals and visiting customers with its mouthwatering pasta since opening in 1994.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Pastaio - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Il Pastaio reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (59)neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (43)great for lunch (42)hot spot (31)special occasion (25)good for groups (13)romantic (12)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- great restaurant in beverly hillsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014We liked baby artichoke salad, it was great taste. Clam pasta was great too! We will come back again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful lunch!1OMNIVOREDined on 10/15/2014I met my NY friend for a lovely lunch, We dined alfresco which was a bit frustrating due to the BH trucks but the food and service was excellent. We especially enjoyed the lentil and arugula salad with shrimp. The faro pasta was a nice accompaniment to the salad. All in all I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian in Beverly HillsTaraVIPDined on 10/8/2014Love, love, love the fresh salads, best fresh-made-daily pasta, and the most delicious panna cotta I've ever tasted! My fave restaurant in LA by a long shot.Special Features:
- Unbelievable White Truffle PastaShellsVIPDined on 10/3/2014What more can I say? We always come for dinner in October for White Truffles. Very expensive, but Very delicious!Special Features:
- only if i had too...AngelsFanVIPDined on 9/22/2014food is good, service SUCKS!!! the waiters think they are serving you for free!
- Always a pleasureWehodinerDined on 9/18/2014Came in last week for lunch and sat on the Brighton side patio. Shared the grilled calamari, would have liked it to be a little crispier but was delicious nonetheless. Followed up with a salad, can't remember the name but was arugula, parmesan, hearts of palm, tomato and yummy.Special Features:
- An Italian TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2014One of the consistently great Italian restaurants in Beverly Hills!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beverly Hills gemOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/13/2014finally, a good value place in Beverly Hills. It is hard to find a good place to eat in Beverly Hills at a decent price. If you want home made Italian this is the price. the menu is very strong, flavor of the food great and size of the portions too much to eat. Best value in Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very accommodatingHowieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Made a last minute reservation on L Open table. Restaurant meet s direct request for an earlier time. Seated right away on arrival. Great food and modified dishes to our request. Attentive service. Highly recommend this g restaurant.😄Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't sit outsideLUVtoDINEDined on 9/8/2014we arrived for an relatively early dinner at 6pm and we were seated outside on the side of restaurant (a lot of outdoor seating).....do NOT allow them to seat you here! We were approached by 3 different homeless people while sitting at our table asking for money/food. The restaurant was doing nothing to prevent this despite several staff outside, so I had to go in and inform the hostess. Once the place was getting a little more filled in this activity appeared to slow down, but would have been nice to not have what was supposed to be a nice meal.
- Great food and great serviceestabDined on 9/8/2014Great food and great service. We were visiting LA and ate here twice. Very pleased.Special Features:
- MMMMHungryHungryHippoDined on 9/7/2014Delicious, as usual. I could eat here everyday. I get something different every time and nothing has disappointed me yet.Special Features:
- Really Great FoodCoronadoDined on 9/5/2014These days, it is hard to find a restaurant that provides not only really good food but excellent and tastey food on a consistant basis. We visit Beverly Hills just once a year and this was our second but not last dinner at Il Pastaio. Judging by the numbers of people dining there even in the early evening hours, the food has to be fantastic and we definitely think that it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place!GiselleDined on 9/5/2014The food is great here, the staff is friendly. It is nice for lunch and to sit outside. Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Always a winnerLaurenfromLAVIPDined on 9/2/2014I have been going to Il Pastaio for over 20 years. It is consistently good. I tend to order my two favorite dishes every time: the parpardelle with venison and porcini mushroom ragu and the salad trecciolina which has hearts of palm, avocado, mozzarella, parmesan, arugula and tomatoes. My son had the ravioli with seafood. All the dishes were delicious. The bread is great. He makes his own olive oil, which is good. And the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Il PastaioLovefoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014Amazing service - amazing food! Great scenic view in Beverly Hills & incredible pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieEDined on 8/19/2014My friend and i ordered four antipasti and they were wonderful with our drinks making making a great dinner. We spent a lot if time talking and catching up and were not rushed. It was a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience Changed2badDined on 8/19/2014May be due to summer vacation but there were too many kids that affected normal ambience of this restaurant negatively. Normally, it's more upscale and matured but it was too popular. On top of that, our waiter was not friendly as usual. He didn't even mention his name when he came to our table so we don't know who he was. It's not the normal style of this restaurant. Overall, we were pretty much disappointed with the restaurant at this time. I think the management should pay more attention to their services and ambience.Special Features:
- Fish dishes on the riseSarcasticGourmetDined on 8/14/2014A dependable Italian fave is now better with even deeper non meat options. Lively and tight quarters with an ever changing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home sweet homeCurlyBevDined on 8/14/2014We recently moved to Pasadena from the NYC area. I love Italian food. We tried many Italian restaurants from Pasadena to LA, but none matched my NY/NJ favorites...7 months, not a great Italian dinner. Then one morning, i was fortunate to meet a life-long Californian at an LA bagel place, who recommended Il Pastaio.. So to whomever, you are, Thank You! I no longer need to go back to the east coast for my Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodCl88VIPDined on 8/10/2014I love Il Pastaio and always try to stop in when I'm in California. Fresh, tasty food at mostly reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHungryHungryHippoDined on 8/7/2014This place is DELICIOUS. Service, ambiance and all that other junk is fine. The food is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at top NeighborhoodEAAS68Dined on 8/4/2014Best italian restaurant in Beverly Hilss, black truffle agnolotti's were wonderful, and fior di zucca tortelloni even better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014THEY HAD ME AT TRUFFLE RISOTTO, AND THE STEAK WAS TWICE AS GOOD AND HALF THE PRICE OF CUTSpecial Features:
- All around good foodFoodCriticWannabeDined on 8/1/2014Three of us dined there. Nice atmosphere, attentive service and all three dishes were excellent. Couldn't decide which one was best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2014After having eaten here many times over the years I can safely say that I am done as the quality has slipped markedly. Slow inattentive service, mediocre food quality, deafening noise and a very messy kitchen/bus and bathroom area.
- FantasticBellaVIPDined on 7/27/201410 out of ten. Good service, good food. Friendly staff. Great location .Special Features:
- Best place in Beverly Hills!JaydeeVIPDined on 7/24/2014Love Il Pastaio. We visit this restaurant everytime we are in Beverly Hills. The food and service is always amazing and the room is energetic and fun. It seems more and more difficult to get reservations so everyone else is also loving this place.Special Features:
- Scenic ViewRachelVIPDined on 7/21/2014The scenic view is people watching with is thumbs up in Beverly Hills!Special Features:
- DeliciousFirsttimeoneVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was fabulous ans served hot! Menu choice was broad. Daily specials were great! Will definitely be back as this was our first time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodSharmDined on 7/9/2014Cappos are fabulous. Shrimp salad with lentils and green beans outstanding. It must visit if you are in this areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeSDietVIPDined on 6/30/2014This was the 1st time I eaten at Il Pastaio. It apparently a very popular place for lunch. I was very pleased overall with the entire dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 356 reviews are from the Il Pastaio reviews archive.
- Amazing foodchatovasVIPDined on 6/20/2014We tried their pasta . The pasta is the best best Italian food in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014Food always good - waiters a bit loosey-goosey! Kind of toss stuff on table, splash water when pouring, not the most pulled together group in town! This is a "regulars" place - lots of attention to $$$ people.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysSinghDined on 6/15/2014I have been eating at Il Pastaio since it opened. The food is always fabulous and the service is usually very good.Special Features:
- Il Pastaio--what a messDrRevenueVIPDined on 6/14/2014We arrived for our reservation. The woman at the front did not know of it. In addition, she said they did not have a table outside. The wait would be 20 minutes+ We have eaten at this restaurant 50+ times. Disgusted we left. We will not go back.
- Excellentprancer71Dined on 6/13/2014Excellent, perfectly made (al dente) pasta w/flavorful sauces. A true Beverly Hills gem for anyone visiting the Beverly Hills/Santa Monica area of CF. Highly recommend the pasta w/venison ragu w/a glass of Merlot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/11/2014excellent appetizers. caprese was well done and tasty. calamari salad, excellent. for the main dishes: sole was medicre at best. dry with little to no flavor. the other party had the salmon. said it was bland.
- Best Italian in LATaraVIPDined on 6/6/2014Fantastic, fashionable scene with sidewalk dining, the BEST Italian cuisine in town, and celebs a go-go!Special Features:
- Always a winnerRoadrunner2VIPDined on 6/1/2014We come to il Pastaio every few months, usually for lunch or brunch and are rarely disappointed. The food is fresh, tasty, with some of the pasta dishes being outstanding. Wine list is OK, but people watching is superb - it's always an interesting crowd and sitting outside and watching Beverley Hills go by is always a treat. Service can be spotty, but OK. All in all, worth a visit.Special Features: