400 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.giacominodrago.com/home.htm
- Phone: 3102055444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - midnight
Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giacomino Drago
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant about private parties.
A word from Il Pastaio
Gourmet Magazine calls il Pastaio "a taste of heaven," and says "the cooks in il Pastaio's kitchen have angel's hands". Los Angeles Magazine critics choice ranked it "one of the top ten new restaurants". It's no wonder this friendly neighborhood trattoria has been a favorite meeting place, satisfying locals and visiting customers with its mouthwatering pasta since opening in 1994.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Pastaio reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (50)great for lunch (45)fit for foodies (34)hot spot (29)special occasion (26)romantic (18)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (12)late-night find (11)great for brunch (11)good for groups (11)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- BonnieEDined on 8/19/2014My friend and i ordered four antipasti and they were wonderful with our drinks making making a great dinner. We spent a lot if time talking and catching up and were not rushed. It was a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience Changed2badDined on 8/19/2014May be due to summer vacation but there were too many kids that affected normal ambience of this restaurant negatively. Normally, it's more upscale and matured but it was too popular. On top of that, our waiter was not friendly as usual. He didn't even mention his name when he came to our table so we don't know who he was. It's not the normal style of this restaurant. Overall, we were pretty much disappointed with the restaurant at this time. I think the management should pay more attention to their services and ambience.Special Features:
- Fish dishes on the riseSarcasticGourmetDined on 8/14/2014A dependable Italian fave is now better with even deeper non meat options. Lively and tight quarters with an ever changing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home sweet homeCurlyBevDined on 8/14/2014We recently moved to Pasadena from the NYC area. I love Italian food. We tried many Italian restaurants from Pasadena to LA, but none matched my NY/NJ favorites...7 months, not a great Italian dinner. Then one morning, i was fortunate to meet a life-long Californian at an LA bagel place, who recommended Il Pastaio.. So to whomever, you are, Thank You! I no longer need to go back to the east coast for my Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodCl88VIPDined on 8/10/2014I love Il Pastaio and always try to stop in when I'm in California. Fresh, tasty food at mostly reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHungryHungryHippoDined on 8/7/2014This place is DELICIOUS. Service, ambiance and all that other junk is fine. The food is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at top NeighborhoodEAAS68Dined on 8/4/2014Best italian restaurant in Beverly Hilss, black truffle agnolotti's were wonderful, and fior di zucca tortelloni even better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014THEY HAD ME AT TRUFFLE RISOTTO, AND THE STEAK WAS TWICE AS GOOD AND HALF THE PRICE OF CUTSpecial Features:
- All around good foodFoodCriticWannabeDined on 8/1/2014Three of us dined there. Nice atmosphere, attentive service and all three dishes were excellent. Couldn't decide which one was best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2014After having eaten here many times over the years I can safely say that I am done as the quality has slipped markedly. Slow inattentive service, mediocre food quality, deafening noise and a very messy kitchen/bus and bathroom area.
- FantasticBellaVIPDined on 7/27/201410 out of ten. Good service, good food. Friendly staff. Great location .Special Features:
- Best place in Beverly Hills!JaydeeVIPDined on 7/24/2014Love Il Pastaio. We visit this restaurant everytime we are in Beverly Hills. The food and service is always amazing and the room is energetic and fun. It seems more and more difficult to get reservations so everyone else is also loving this place.Special Features:
- Scenic ViewRachelDined on 7/21/2014The scenic view is people watching with is thumbs up in Beverly Hills!Special Features:
- DeliciousFirsttimeoneVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was fabulous ans served hot! Menu choice was broad. Daily specials were great! Will definitely be back as this was our first time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodSharmDined on 7/9/2014Cappos are fabulous. Shrimp salad with lentils and green beans outstanding. It must visit if you are in this areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeSDietVIPDined on 6/30/2014This was the 1st time I eaten at Il Pastaio. It apparently a very popular place for lunch. I was very pleased overall with the entire dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing foodchatovasVIPDined on 6/20/2014We tried their pasta . The pasta is the best best Italian food in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014Food always good - waiters a bit loosey-goosey! Kind of toss stuff on table, splash water when pouring, not the most pulled together group in town! This is a "regulars" place - lots of attention to $$$ people.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysSinghDined on 6/15/2014I have been eating at Il Pastaio since it opened. The food is always fabulous and the service is usually very good.Special Features:
- Il Pastaio--what a messDrRevenueVIPDined on 6/14/2014We arrived for our reservation. The woman at the front did not know of it. In addition, she said they did not have a table outside. The wait would be 20 minutes+ We have eaten at this restaurant 50+ times. Disgusted we left. We will not go back.
- Excellentprancer71Dined on 6/13/2014Excellent, perfectly made (al dente) pasta w/flavorful sauces. A true Beverly Hills gem for anyone visiting the Beverly Hills/Santa Monica area of CF. Highly recommend the pasta w/venison ragu w/a glass of Merlot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/11/2014excellent appetizers. caprese was well done and tasty. calamari salad, excellent. for the main dishes: sole was medicre at best. dry with little to no flavor. the other party had the salmon. said it was bland.
- Best Italian in LATaraVIPDined on 6/6/2014Fantastic, fashionable scene with sidewalk dining, the BEST Italian cuisine in town, and celebs a go-go!Special Features:
- Always a winnerRoadrunner2VIPDined on 6/1/2014We come to il Pastaio every few months, usually for lunch or brunch and are rarely disappointed. The food is fresh, tasty, with some of the pasta dishes being outstanding. Wine list is OK, but people watching is superb - it's always an interesting crowd and sitting outside and watching Beverley Hills go by is always a treat. Service can be spotty, but OK. All in all, worth a visit.Special Features:
- superb neighborhood restaurantArthurJacobVIPDined on 5/19/2014We were all thrilled with our selections, the service and outdoor dining. It is hard to get reservations here at prime time, so book ahead. We will be back.Special Features:
- JerryVIPDined on 5/14/2014Great location for those that want to sit outside and watch the world go bySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Always. Best Italian Food.JackDined on 5/11/2014This is the best Italian food in LA. I've been in this place for years and there has been no time that the food and service has changed a bit. Always Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillBreadcrumbDined on 5/11/2014We (my Italian husband and I) used to adore this spot. Both the atmosphere and the food. Well the food was just below passable and the atmosphere too. Recipes we rembered as delicious were disappointing or just not good. I think it was too busy because of the Mother's Day crowd. It seemed like the kitchen staff just didn't care. Other diners nearby seemed equally perplexed.Special Features:
- Casual eleganceQBwashereVIPDined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed street side dining on a gorgeous Sat. eve, food came out quite fast but they didn't rush the check. All delicious starting w/the bread straight through to dessert. Ordered all our wines by the glass which were generous as was the beef carpaccio. Enjoyed swordfish carpaccio, halibut, rissoto w/turkey meatballs & squid ink rissoto & special apricot tart. Licked the plates clean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il PastaioHungryHungryHippoDined on 5/4/2014Delicious Italian food. I've been to Italy and this is so close to the real thing. Service is great and it's pasta you'll think about for days. Note: Sitting outdoors is much better than indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 342 reviews are from the Il Pastaio reviews archive.
- experienceddinerDined on 5/3/2014The food used to be much better.The service also was better before. Recently they are trying to push you out as soon as you swallow your last portion of food. They should consider that not everyone is a tourist and they will come back again and again if they are treated better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2DineDined on 5/2/2014We shared Rollini Di Melanzane (eggplant with goat cheese and red bell pepper sauce) to start, Scoglio (spaghetti with clams, mussels, shrimp, and calamari in a light tomato sauce), and Garganelli Con Broccoli E Salsicce (curly pasta with broccoli and spicy sausage). Delicious! Dessert was Torta Dela Nonna, a bit heavy but still scrumptious. Seating was a bit cramped (our table was 4" from the next table) and extremely noisy--no romantic chit chat possible here. If we sat outside on the patio, there'd be car gas fumes to contend with, but at least we'd be able to hold a conversation. Still, the delectable dishes came quickly and service was impeccable, making Il Pastaio a restaurant to return to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-hypedbenliDined on 5/1/2014I chose this restaurant based on its reputation as being the #1 Italian cuisine restaurant in LA......I don't know who voted and I don't know what they based it on, but the experienced results don't merit the title. Yes,it was "great for outdoor dining" but, considering that it was 85 degrees and I was coming from a place that was 40..... The service was attentive without being warm and gave the impression that they were evaluating you as to whether you were worthy (maybe I am over-sensitive). Valet parking was excellent both arriving and departing and the person doing the seating was excellent as well. I was expecting over-the-top cuisine and this place failed to deliver. It was "very good" - that's it. Not worth the effort to get thereSpecial Features:
- BillVIPDined on 4/29/2014Delicious dining at a festive venue with attentive and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last-minute findfood4thoughtDined on 4/25/2014We were on our way to a play at the Wallis Annenberg Center and decided to check Open Table for a place to eat in the same area. Il Pastaio was one of the places which was listed and, based on the great reviews, we made reservations for 6:00. Unfortunately, the traffic suddenly became a nightmare and we were almost 30 minutes late. I checked in at the desk and they showed us to our table immediately. The food was terrific and the service was great. Even though the restaurant was full inside and out and very busy, we were served promptly and still had time to get to the theater early. We hope to take visiting family there next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get the vealOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/21/2014The veal dish was unacceptable - way over cooked and the waiter said it couldn't be taken off the bill - I probably had 3 bites. Starters were very good.
- Best spot on Canon!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2014Canon has a row of lovely Italian restaurants, but Il Pastaio is always the stand out. On this particular visit we showed up just early enough on a Friday to nab and outside table and the service was well paced, the food delicous and the atmosphere very inviting.Special Features:
- The food is always perfect.EugenaDined on 4/9/2014The food is always perfect. One of my favorite LA restaurants, & my very favorite Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2014Absolutely love this restaurant! It is our favorite go to for an excellent Italian meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always festive and tasty diningBillVIPDined on 4/7/2014Always festive and tasty dining at this friendly venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.