5 Corporate Drive
Shelton, CT 06484Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilpalioct.com/
- Phone: 2039440770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:15pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Margherita Aloi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-Premise Catering: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Il Palio offers exquisitely decorated private dining rooms perfect for all your memorable occasions including corporate events and private parties. Our service professionals and event planners attend to every detail, anticipating our guests needs and delivering innovative solutions. Our chef can create authentic Italian, and contemporary dishes for your next social gathering. We focus on reliability, which consistently provides our clients with undeniable elegance that leaves distinct and lasting memories.
- Private Party Contact: Adrian Gjonbalaj, Manager 2039440770
- Entertainment: Karoake every Thursday evening. Happy hour 1/2 price drinks.
Live Jazz every Friday evening. Happy hour 1/2 price drinks.
A word from Il Palio
Il Palio was named after the race held each summer in Siena, Italy. Created with a passion, the restaurant has been exquisitely designed and beautifully finished with materials from all over the world. No stone was left unturned and time was not a factor in finding exactly what was required to make the "vision" a reality. The atmosphere created is one of quiet comfort in surroundings reminiscent of an Italian villa. The friendly and courteous staff, the outstanding food, and the efficient service all contribute to the ambiance felt by those who visit the restaurant. Il Palio's fine Tuscan cuisine is a pleasing combination of the highest-quality ingredients and the caring preparation by chefs who take pride in the dishes they present. Like the race in Siena, Il Palio is creating lasting impressions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Il Palio - Best Restaurants in Shelton ›
Il Palio reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (28)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (18)good for groups (14)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Come For The Food...GardenweaselVIPDined on 9/20/2014return for the service! Or is it the other way around? Il Palio is an addictive combination of delicious cuisine and warm, friendly, and spot on excellent service! Thank you again Cliff, Adrian, Elizabeth & Margherita in the kitchen for another perfect dinner out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We eat at Il Palio on average about once a month. It never disappoints. It is somewhat expensive for the area but well worth it.Special Features:
- Our FavoritekpctDined on 9/5/2014Il Palio is by far our favorite restaurant ! Fantastic menu - changes with the seasons.... service definitely 5 stars !!!Special Features:
- Nice meals in upscale locationboatbuddy2007Dined on 9/2/2014living just down the street I seldom go to this restaurant but enjoy the experience every time. The price fits the food but is not for those on a budgetSpecial Features:
- Love it!GardenweaselVIPDined on 8/30/2014Brought good friends here to our favorite restaurant which was a big hit with them! We were well taken care of by Adrian & Kevin. The food, cocktails, ambience is just perfect. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Il PalioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The service and the food was excellent. We enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- A special evening in storeHalibutplusDined on 8/14/2014You are welcomed by the host. I believe his name is Adrian. He makes you feel like family. Then continues trough the meal to be sure you are happy. They also have halibut on the menus. A rareity in Connecticut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining...GardenweaselVIPDined on 8/7/2014in a comfortable, "unstuffy " atmosphere! Great food, yummy cocktails, & a staff that truly seems to enjoy what they are doing makes every visit here pure pleasure! Kudos to Kevin, Adrian & every single friendly face at Il Palio that truly makes us feel welcome & special!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSethDined on 8/2/2014If you want a great dinner with spectacular food and service this is the place to go. Dining here is an experience not an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/30/2014Sat for 10 minutes before I received any service; Prix fixe lunch excellent.
- Wonderful ItalianBobGDined on 7/28/2014This was our third visit and the food, service and staff were all outstanding as on our prior visits. Worth every minute of the hour drive. The staff is friendly and make you feel welcome. Service was very prompt and attentive without going too far. From the breads to the salads and the pasta - all were the best and freshest quality. My seafood pasta was cooked to perfection with generous amount of seafood, fresh made pasta and a delicate balance of flavor beyond the sophistication of most restaurants. Coffee and deserts were very good as we'll. Best Italian restaurant we know of in CT (or anywhere for that matter). Highly recommended for foodies and special occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing!!quietlunchDined on 7/19/2014I am used to great restaurants in Manhattan and this little gem blow my mind away!!! Everything was phenomenal!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Service!!!!HR100813Dined on 7/19/2014We had a party of 5. We all enjoyed drinks at the bar and the very personable friendly bartender. The manager Adrian is extremely professional! The best! He greats every guest personally and checks on the guests a few times during the very nice dining experience. Excellent very professional servers and bus staff. The food is very good to excellent. This restaurant is probably not known by many but it is an outstanding place for dinner. the dining rooms, private rooms decor and atmosphere are very artistic, maybe romantic. great place for couples.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!JeanneAliciaDined on 7/12/2014Located at the edge of a corporate office park this is truly a hidden gem! We were traveling through on vacation and chose Il Palio because of other online ratings. All courses we selected were pleasant to look at and great to taste. The waiter Kevin was very attentive as was the dining room manager Adrian, checking on us, but not too often to be annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over The Top ServiceBrianDined on 6/30/2014I had out of town guests for a business meeting and requested a quiet table. The Management could not have been more accommodating and the table service was outstanding (food was excellent also).Special Features:
- Enjoyable return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/27/2014Il Palio is always on our to do list of restaurants when we visit in this part of Connecticut. Always a satisfying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complete PackagepatandscottDined on 6/18/2014This fantastic restaurant was recommended by the hotel where we were staying. From the minute we entered, the restaurant staff made us feel welcomed and appreciated. The decor was muted and pleasant. Our waiter described the night's specials in detail, and answered any questions we had. We both had a glass of wine, and ordered the buffalo mozzarella with prosciutto appetizer. The prosciutto was fresh cut at a station that was set up in the middle of the dining room. For our entrées my wife ordered the halibut, and I, the veal scaloppini. Both were fantastic. The wait staff was attentive, but not intrusive. The manager came by to inquire about our meal and experience. E finished with cappuccinos and small cheese cakes. A memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDeniseDined on 6/18/2014I have been to Il Palio twice, both for work events (group dinners) and both times the service was excellent. The food is also very delicious and the presentation is divine.Special Features:
- JimmyJimmyDined on 6/16/2014Top restaurant within 15 miles - not to be passed by for excellent food and service. Fine dining and great atmosphere - perfect for the special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Happy ExperiencejujuDined on 6/14/2014We went for Father's day dinner. Everyone loved their food. I was the only one that felt my meal was just ok. The Restaurant is very nice and the service was outstanding. I would give it other try since every one else loved their meal.Special Features:
- Delicious!GardenweaselVIPDined on 6/12/2014NY Strip & swordfish amongst the best anywhere! Not cheap but portions are very generous. Service cannot be beat. Probably my favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new placedntalwayseatoutbutwhenIdoDined on 5/31/2014Everything was fantastic, from the ambiance to the staff and the food.Special Features:
- Very GoodGraceDined on 5/24/2014Excellent fish and pasta, excellent service. Can handle large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 376 reviews are from the Il Palio reviews archive.
- Dinner at a beautiful Tuscan palaceMarkKVIPDined on 5/20/2014Located in a business park, but looking like a Tuscan palace, il Palio offers a beautiful location for dinner (although difficult to find by GPS because of limited address signage). We each had Caesar salad, followed by entrees of veal, and the fresh pasta daily special. If in the Shelton, CT area, this is a good choice for a nice dinner in a unique venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise 40thOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2014Surprise 40th for my wife at il Palio. Had Freinds from top restaurants in NY and they raved about the food, service and decor. We were never rushed even though we were the last table and were ten people. Great job. See you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Dining PlaceluvtoeatDined on 5/11/2014Always enjoy our dinners at Il Palio. Mother's Day food and service very good as usual. Wait staff always friendly.Prices reasonable.We did have a slight complaint, we were not seated in the usual dining room but the one to the right as you enter. Too many people crowed into that room make it noisy, other than that we loved our meal and will continue to dine at Il Palio.Special Features:
- Great Mothers Day BrunchCTFoodDined on 5/11/2014Lobster Ravioli was great as was the Chilean Sea Bass. Would definitely rate Il Palio as one of the top restaurants in Northern Fairfield County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return trip averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014came here about 2 months ago and it was above average . specials were great and appetizers and main course was great. This last visit was only average. specials and food was good but not specialSpecial Features:
- Third time visitJoyJoyDined on 5/9/2014Our third time back at Il Palio. Cozy atmosphere and great for special occasions. Great specials and house made desserts. Must try the carpaccio salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SteveDined on 5/8/2014It doesn't get any better than this. Yum! Bravo! Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary DinnermmmmmmmDined on 5/6/2014My husband and I arrived more than 30 mins late for our reservation, just minutes before the kitchen closed. The staff were awesome. We weren't rushed at all. Since I mentioned through my OpenTable reservation that it was a special anniversary, we received complimentary glasses of Prosecco and candles in our desserts. There was a lot to choose from on the menu. My husband had the special homemade pasta, with a peach and vegetable sauce, which was excellent. My steak was just the way I liked it (rare, cool in the middle). A great experience. We thought we would have to end up in a diner that night! So glad everyone was accommodating.Special Features:
- FantasticLuv4foodVIPDined on 5/5/2014The service was exceptional, the pasta special was decadent, the lasagna in a hot skillet....delish, especially if you save a piece of bread for the sauce at the bottom. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!GardenweaselVIPDined on 5/3/2014If you appreciate delicious Italian food, the best service bar none, in a beautiful, romantic dining room which fairly glows in the evening light, Il Palio is where you want to go.Special Features:
- ScottDined on 4/26/2014Our meal was perfect. The entire staff was extremely responsive especially on a busy night. It's great to be greeted by smiling faces at the door as well as with our waiters. A definite return plannedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for a group lunch!JKremsVIPDined on 4/24/2014I'm from out of town, but visit Shelton 1-2 times / year. Il Palio is a standard stop because of the great service, very nice, fairly quiet ambiance, and delicious food. I appreciate that it is upscale without being overpriced or pretentious. You will find something on the menu to love, and I hope you wash it down with some dessert and espresso! Thank you Il Palio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasion place!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/19/2014We dined here with friends on Easter Weekend. Although the regular chef/ower was off on Saturday evening, the food was still outstanding. Everyone enjoyed their meals. (I had two appetizer sized portions for my meal--the linguine with white clam sauce and a shrimp/asparagus stuffed pasta. The linquine had absolutely no sauce whatsoever (another person who ordered it as a meal had "all" the sauce), but the stuffed pasta was outrageously good! The desserts, too, were awesome. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2014Very good food, nice atmosphere, took my wife there for our anniversary had a fantastic time would definitely go back. My wife had New York steak and I had a salmon dish both were very very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, Excellent, ExcellentLuLuDined on 4/8/2014EVERYTHING that comes to the table is delicious. And the service is impeccable. After getting used to so-so service at other restaurants, couldn't say enough about the attentiveness here. Water glasses constantly refreshed, waitress checking back to make sure everything is going well and offering useful advice when ordering. Even just the simple cesaer salad that we shared was outstanding. We couldn't put out finger on just what was different about it, but it just seemed to melt in your mouth. My cavatelli with sausage was outstanding, my husband enjoyed the swordfish as well. Only wish we had room for dessert. Maybe next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My time at Il PalioTheCrosbyFamilyDined on 4/4/2014This has been the 5 time that I've gone to Il Palio. Every time I go, It always feels excited and tastes delicious. Il Palio is always good value because the food is great quality and the service is outstanding! Il Palio is as good or even better than New York City top restaurants. Mei MeiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food57SbyDined on 3/29/2014Saturday night, 7pm reservation. Service very good, attentive without being pesty. Ordered swordfish entree and house salad. Probably the best swordfish entree I've ever had. My friends and I go out to eat often, and will travel for good food. Il Palio has never disappointed. Would and have recommended this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.