5 Corporate Drive
Shelton, CT 06484Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilpalioct.com/
- Phone: (203) 944-0770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:15pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Margherita Aloi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-Premise Catering: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Il Palio offers exquisitely decorated private dining rooms perfect for all your memorable occasions including corporate events and private parties. Our service professionals and event planners attend to every detail, anticipating our guests needs and delivering innovative solutions. Our chef can create authentic Italian, and contemporary dishes for your next social gathering. We focus on reliability, which consistently provides our clients with undeniable elegance that leaves distinct and lasting memories.
- Private Party Contact: Adrian Gjonbalaj, Manager 2039440770
- Entertainment: Karoake every Thursday evening. Happy hour 1/2 price drinks.
Live Jazz every Friday evening. Happy hour 1/2 price drinks.
A word from Il Palio
Il Palio was named after the race held each summer in Siena, Italy. Created with a passion, the restaurant has been exquisitely designed and beautifully finished with materials from all over the world. No stone was left unturned and time was not a factor in finding exactly what was required to make the "vision" a reality. The atmosphere created is one of quiet comfort in surroundings reminiscent of an Italian villa. The friendly and courteous staff, the outstanding food, and the efficient service all contribute to the ambiance felt by those who visit the restaurant. Il Palio's fine Tuscan cuisine is a pleasing combination of the highest-quality ingredients and the caring preparation by chefs who take pride in the dishes they present. Like the race in Siena, Il Palio is creating lasting impressions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Il Palio - Best Restaurants in Shelton ›
Il Palio reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (24)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (19)notable wine list (13)good for groups (12)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Amare Il Palio!DinerVIPDined on 11/18/2014Il Palio is a gorgeous restaurant, with an amazing menu (food and beverages) + simply wonderful staff / team there! I highly recommend this restaurant and suggest asking for Claudio who has been with Il Palio for 8 of their 14 years. Thank you for a spectacular dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing local spotHunterDined on 11/14/2014In a place I would never expect to find such a nice restaurant. The food was flawless and worth what I would call a reasonably high price, definitely worth every penny. My only complaints would be that the entrees took only what I can assume is an unusually long time to come out. (We were apologized too by several staff) However, it was so good, I couldn't be upset about it. Also the waiter who took our order misspoke when giving us the specials (as well as to another table) and referred to the swordfish as sole, then when asked about it corrected the customer (both us and another table, implying we had misheard...). Not a big deal, but somewhat laughable that he did it twice (at least) to two different tables. The maitre d' was very friendly and welcoming and was sure to check up on us, as well as all the other guests. The place was very nice aesthetically as well, though I kept staring at the odd "Guess jeans" t-shirt on someone painted on the wall... Only complaint about the space would be that the seating didn't feel very private and the tables were arranged in such a way that you almost felt like you were sitting next to the other guests in a way if they were at an adjacent table and had to listen to every word they said (doesn't lend itself to being romantic or anything). All that said, it was fantastic, and I will recommend it to anyone asking for a restaurant destination and returning again as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Not Great!SuperbDined on 11/14/2014We recently celebrated a birthday and found the restaurant to be very welcoming. It is pretty inside and it was very busy.The service was good although I sensed our waiter was eager for us to order.We were there for a leisurely dinner.The food was disappointing . I had the capallaci and it was to salty to eat.I did not send it back since it would have meant we weren't all eating together.Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meals ,good not great.
- ExceptionalLoveGreatDinningDined on 11/7/2014First time coming to Il Palio. The atmosphere was exceptional and the service was fantastic. Food was delichous and was continuously spoken to by the head dinning room manager to ensure satisfaction . By far my top experience in recent dinning! A definite recommendation !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very satisfied diner .OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with a great ambience and terrific service. The matre' d was fabulous .The menu was great and our waiter was most attentive. No complaints however the menu did seem a bit limited .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014This restaurant is a head and a half better than most Italian restaurants! The portions are generous without over-stuffing you, with delectable and subtle treats to be found in all courses of the meal. The service is impeccable and without pretense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful RestaurantFussyDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant takes great pride in itself. I asked for very specific seating in my reservation and when my party got to there, the maitre d' gave us a choice of tables to out liking. The staff was courteous, attentive but not intrusive. The food was excellently prepared and a treat to eat both aesthetically and taste wise.Special Features:
- TERRYVIPDined on 10/16/2014IT HAS BEEN A LITTLE WHILE SINCE WE HAVE BEEN TO IL PALIO. IT WAS EVEN BETTER THIS TIME THEN EVER BEFORE, FROM START TO FINSH WAS WONDERFUL. THANK YOUSpecial Features:
- Food was ok but nothing greatStubuchDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I both thought the food quality was ok but not memorable. We had been to Il Palio a number of times in the past (not in the last 2 years) and it was much better then. Service was also very slow.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend!GardenweaselVIPDined on 10/9/2014Food, service, happy vibe- perfect every single time!Special Features:
- ExcellentSussDined on 10/9/2014Unique combinations of food on the menu, wonderful service, top notch experience!Special Features:
- Il PalioSJETGDined on 10/3/2014Il Palio is a great find! It has an excellent restaurant on the main level and the downstairs "Siena Lounge" offers a great place to relax with same excellent food, super atmosphere and more. Just stopped by and discovered a great smooth jazz duo that provided outstanding music and played at a level where you can enjoy your meal, have a few drinks and be able to carry on a conversation. Hats off to Il Palio and I hope they can continue offer this type of musical setting and to let their customers know when they showcase great musical acts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicelive2eatDined on 10/1/2014The food is wonderful but fabulous service makes the entire experience even better! Thank you to dining room manager, Adrian and to our server, Kevin, for making our "girls" night out a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfoodDined on 9/25/2014The food, as always, was excellent, however, I had requested a table in a quiet corner and the room I was in was very noisy and it was very hard to have a conversation. One of my guests commented on the excellent, however, did comment on how noisy the room was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/20/2014Had another wonderful experience at Il Palio - the service and food are always "spot on" - great choices for appitizers, main courses - plus specials - and if you have room for dessert - they are great too. My only complaint is that the room is noisy - I wish they could add some "sound system" to absorb" some of the noise - but if you are looking for great service and a wonderful meal, check out Il Palio - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come For The Food...GardenweaselVIPDined on 9/20/2014return for the service! Or is it the other way around? Il Palio is an addictive combination of delicious cuisine and warm, friendly, and spot on excellent service! Thank you again Cliff, Adrian, Elizabeth & Margherita in the kitchen for another perfect dinner out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to TuscanyDoctorMarkVIPDined on 9/20/2014It doesn't get better than Il Patio, from the moment you enter the unique villa architecture to the romantic spacious interior where you are warmly greeted by their staff. The food is northern Italian and absolutely magnifico! The chef prepares superb culinary delights which are very unique and different from your traditional Italian dishes. Staff is warm and hospitable and the restaurant is great for romantic evenings. Prices are moderate and wines very reasonable. We were so delighted and pleased we found this gem in Connecticut while staying in the area.Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great foodlorciofanVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have been coming for a number of years but Il Palio has never been better. Margarita continues to surprise us everytime we go with creative specials along with the delicious staples on the menu. No matter what you chose,you cannot go wrong. The cavatelle and sausage is also great and the salad special is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We eat at Il Palio on average about once a month. It never disappoints. It is somewhat expensive for the area but well worth it.Special Features:
- Our FavoritekpctDined on 9/5/2014Il Palio is by far our favorite restaurant ! Fantastic menu - changes with the seasons.... service definitely 5 stars !!!Special Features:
- Nice meals in upscale locationboatbuddy2007Dined on 9/2/2014living just down the street I seldom go to this restaurant but enjoy the experience every time. The price fits the food but is not for those on a budgetSpecial Features:
- Love it!GardenweaselVIPDined on 8/30/2014Brought good friends here to our favorite restaurant which was a big hit with them! We were well taken care of by Adrian & Kevin. The food, cocktails, ambience is just perfect. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Il PalioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The service and the food was excellent. We enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- A special evening in storeHalibutplusDined on 8/14/2014You are welcomed by the host. I believe his name is Adrian. He makes you feel like family. Then continues trough the meal to be sure you are happy. They also have halibut on the menus. A rareity in Connecticut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining...GardenweaselVIPDined on 8/7/2014in a comfortable, "unstuffy " atmosphere! Great food, yummy cocktails, & a staff that truly seems to enjoy what they are doing makes every visit here pure pleasure! Kudos to Kevin, Adrian & every single friendly face at Il Palio that truly makes us feel welcome & special!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSethDined on 8/2/2014If you want a great dinner with spectacular food and service this is the place to go. Dining here is an experience not an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 390 reviews are from the Il Palio reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/30/2014Sat for 10 minutes before I received any service; Prix fixe lunch excellent.
- Wonderful ItalianBobGDined on 7/28/2014This was our third visit and the food, service and staff were all outstanding as on our prior visits. Worth every minute of the hour drive. The staff is friendly and make you feel welcome. Service was very prompt and attentive without going too far. From the breads to the salads and the pasta - all were the best and freshest quality. My seafood pasta was cooked to perfection with generous amount of seafood, fresh made pasta and a delicate balance of flavor beyond the sophistication of most restaurants. Coffee and deserts were very good as we'll. Best Italian restaurant we know of in CT (or anywhere for that matter). Highly recommended for foodies and special occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing!!quietlunchVIPDined on 7/19/2014I am used to great restaurants in Manhattan and this little gem blow my mind away!!! Everything was phenomenal!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Service!!!!HR100813Dined on 7/19/2014We had a party of 5. We all enjoyed drinks at the bar and the very personable friendly bartender. The manager Adrian is extremely professional! The best! He greats every guest personally and checks on the guests a few times during the very nice dining experience. Excellent very professional servers and bus staff. The food is very good to excellent. This restaurant is probably not known by many but it is an outstanding place for dinner. the dining rooms, private rooms decor and atmosphere are very artistic, maybe romantic. great place for couples.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!JeanneAliciaDined on 7/12/2014Located at the edge of a corporate office park this is truly a hidden gem! We were traveling through on vacation and chose Il Palio because of other online ratings. All courses we selected were pleasant to look at and great to taste. The waiter Kevin was very attentive as was the dining room manager Adrian, checking on us, but not too often to be annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over The Top ServiceBrianDined on 6/30/2014I had out of town guests for a business meeting and requested a quiet table. The Management could not have been more accommodating and the table service was outstanding (food was excellent also).Special Features:
- Enjoyable return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/27/2014Il Palio is always on our to do list of restaurants when we visit in this part of Connecticut. Always a satisfying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complete PackagepatandscottDined on 6/18/2014This fantastic restaurant was recommended by the hotel where we were staying. From the minute we entered, the restaurant staff made us feel welcomed and appreciated. The decor was muted and pleasant. Our waiter described the night's specials in detail, and answered any questions we had. We both had a glass of wine, and ordered the buffalo mozzarella with prosciutto appetizer. The prosciutto was fresh cut at a station that was set up in the middle of the dining room. For our entrées my wife ordered the halibut, and I, the veal scaloppini. Both were fantastic. The wait staff was attentive, but not intrusive. The manager came by to inquire about our meal and experience. E finished with cappuccinos and small cheese cakes. A memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDeniseDined on 6/18/2014I have been to Il Palio twice, both for work events (group dinners) and both times the service was excellent. The food is also very delicious and the presentation is divine.Special Features:
- JimmyJimmyDined on 6/16/2014Top restaurant within 15 miles - not to be passed by for excellent food and service. Fine dining and great atmosphere - perfect for the special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Happy ExperiencejujuDined on 6/14/2014We went for Father's day dinner. Everyone loved their food. I was the only one that felt my meal was just ok. The Restaurant is very nice and the service was outstanding. I would give it other try since every one else loved their meal.Special Features:
- Delicious!GardenweaselVIPDined on 6/12/2014NY Strip & swordfish amongst the best anywhere! Not cheap but portions are very generous. Service cannot be beat. Probably my favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new placedntalwayseatoutbutwhenIdoDined on 5/31/2014Everything was fantastic, from the ambiance to the staff and the food.Special Features:
- Very GoodGraceDined on 5/24/2014Excellent fish and pasta, excellent service. Can handle large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.