Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City
1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Avenue
Trump's Taj Mahal
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilmulino.com/atlanticcity2.html
- Phone: 6094496004x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH THU - SUN 11:30AM - 3:00PM
DINNER SUN - THU 5:00PM - 10PM, FRI and SAT 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Happy Hour & Late Night Happy Hour: MON - SUN, 4:30-6:30PM and FRI and SAT, beginning at 10:00PM.
Offering $3 Beers, $5 select Wines by the glass, $6 Absolut cocktails. Specially priced $5 Appetizers include Personal Pizza, Arancini or Homemade Meatballs.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining and exquisite catering at every level.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available with each seating up to 27 people, comfortably. Accentuated with 42" plasma TV's, Contemporary Black and White framed art, and beautiful wine racks, these rooms can accomodate an intimate dinner for 8 or a raucous super bowl gathering. Please contact us today so we can personalize your catering needs.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Lear 6094496006x
- Entertainment: Trattoria IL Mulino is very aesthetically pleasing with light wood floors, brick walls and dark orange hues. As you enter the restaurant, you will find a cocktail lounge area with couches, high-tops and a full-service bar. The main dining room is long and elegant with an open kitchen and a large community table with direct view of the brick pizza oven. A great restaurant for friends and families.
- Special Events: Jazz Brunch
Every Sun, 10a-3p
The Jazz Brunch features live Jazz musicians, pasta station, omelette station, select buffet and a la carte menu.
Now featuring Authentic Gelato served from in our Marketplace Lounge.
- Cross Street: Pacific Avenue
- Public Transit: The NJ Transit buses and the AC Jitney buses all have stops at the Trump Taj Mahal where the restaurant is located.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at the Il Mulino New York awning, near the casino entrance. The restaurant will validate your valet ticket, reducing the price to $5.
A word from Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City
Tantalize your taste buds with authentic Italian cuisine. Trattoria Il Mulino offers a contemporary dining experience, in a chic setting accompanied by superior service. Immerse yourself in Italian charm with our diverse menu offerings of elegantly and bountifully presented Abruzzi dishes, prepared from original, Italian recipes. The Trattoria also offers a bar and a lounge area, along with two private dining rooms that accommodate up to 28 guests each.Continued
For assistance with planning your next event please contact Valerie Lear, Director of Sales & Marketing at (609) 675-4220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with planning your next event please contact Valerie Lear, Director of Sales & Marketing at (609) 675-4220 or email@example.com.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (6)good for groups (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent!!AandMDined on 8/10/2014We try to visit every time we are in Atlantic City. This past Sunday we celebrated my son's 21st birthday. We had a group of 6. The staff was extremely polite and friendly. Starting with the hostess, right down to the Manager that stopped by to see how we were doing. I can not say enough about our waiter....Alex. His willingness to accommodate any request, knowledge of menu items, wrapped up with a friendly personality that made our dining experience very enjoyable. The food is fresh prepared, served hot and never disappoints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud to enjoyJodiDined on 8/2/2014Fine food, so so service in a hectic and loud space.Special Features:
- Overall a great restaurantChow41Dined on 7/5/2014Everything from service to food was very good . I would go to this restaurant again !!!Special Features:
- Trattoria Il MulinoMinnie24Dined on 6/14/2014Disappointed this visit. Brought friends for dinner and the noise level was very loud due to private group watching the World Cup. They were yelling and cheering every few minutes and we felt like we were in a sports bar instead of a nice restaurant enjoying dinner. My dining companions were not impressed with the restaurant, especially since I had previously told them how much they would enjoy dining here. We will re-think dining here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundlvthelakeDined on 6/12/2014We had not been here for over 4 years(had not been to AC) and it was wonderful!! They had Gluten Free pasta for me and made my whole meal GF My husband had the same as me, but not GF and his was excellent also! The service was GREAT, so friendly , fast etc. The wine was very good. We both had the Shrimp Fra Diavlo. The salads were very different and very tasty.Special Features:
- One of the best In ACIAMHUNGRYDined on 5/25/2014My favorite Italian restaurant in AC with maybe the exception of Chef Vola. Braised Osso Bucco was excellent. Porcini mushroom ravioli were very good. Excellent service. We has a lousy table in the front, but still very good experience.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant, but maybe slippingShorelady45Dined on 5/6/2014Ate here several times and always pleased. This time, just OK. First, they forgot to bring the Caesar salad. When the entrees came, I told the waitstaff. He said - Yes, it's coming. Then our waiter came and asked if we still wanted it. We didn't since we already started on our main course (removed from bill). We didn't have a complicated order, so they should have remembered the salad. One person ordered a pizza and it came to the table lukewarm. I'm sure if I asked them to reheat it they would have, but it wasn't worth it. Also, there seems to be a lot of help. A lot of people around the table whisking plates away, etc. The scallops were only OK - kind of small. Overall, it's good. But I think it's slipping just a little.
- Great foodDandamanDined on 5/2/2014Great food, great service. A little surprised that they raised their 3 course dinner from$39 all the way up to $55!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 383 reviews are from the Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City reviews archive.
- not that goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014We had a dinner there, it was my bachlorette party. I was expecting something with class since dishes are $50 and up, not including alcohol. I was also expecting more of a fine dining experience. We ordered oysters for appetizers and i was very dissapointed, for $3 a piece they were pretty bland. Than I got pasta with meatball, it had 3 hugeee meatballs that were dry in the middle. At the end of the dinner they just threw the bill on the table without even clearing our table. Don't go there if you want a fine dining experience, not worth the money
- Nice PlaceJ30loveDined on 3/15/2014Nice place a bit noisy. I wanted to enjoy my company a lot going on and small area to eat.Special Features:
- Food was good but very loudOscar16Dined on 3/8/2014The food was good. The service was amazing. Our server was very friendly and made our dinner very enjoyable. The noise level was outrageous. I couldn't hear my friend speak the whole night. We were in te back of the restaurant and I felt like I was in the middle of a food court.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodbobby56Dined on 3/8/2014the food was good but the potion was small and they only offer water and a very pricey wine list to drink but other wise enjoyed it very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!gingerDined on 3/8/2014the meatballs are outstanding...the salmon was delicious....I have never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Upon arriving we were greeted with big smiles and were promptly seated at our table. The complimentary appetizer was delicious and as the rest of our food arrived we were more and more impressed as everything was so tasty! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family who happen to be in the Atlantic City area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch not the Experience of DinnerAmazingDined on 3/7/2014Restaurant Week for lunch was a great deal! However not the dining experience you get for dinner which is without a doubt a 5 star experience. Lunch lacked the ambience with bright lights and sterile setting. Would not go back for lunch but dinner is worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkABHenryDined on 3/5/2014They have made changes since last April. Prix Fixe went from $39 to $55. Changed the lemonchello recipe. No longer my favorite restuaurant.Special Features:
- BenissimoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/4/2014We have been there at least 9 times. That is including the gourmet restaurant. We always have a wonderful meal. Compliments to the chef. We have never had a bad meal or bad experience there. A great place to eat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality lower than past dinnerbucaasaDined on 3/2/2014Previous dinners at this restaurant have had better quality food, the portions were medium size. The meatball appetizer and desserts are good. Main course of Fish of the Day was not good. Host deducted an extra charge from bill due to the main course not being acceptable.
- We had lunch there for AtlanticfoodiefranDined on 3/2/2014We had lunch there for Atlantic City Restaurant Week. While the menu offerings were limited, we were not disappointed. Always worth a trip to this little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing lunchThePlannerVIPDined on 3/2/2014I dined here during Restaurant Week and felt very rushed as soon as I sat down. There were not many customers, and no one was waiting for a table, but the whole experience felt rushed (I arrived at 12:30 pm and received the check at 1:15). The meatball appetizer was delicious - that was the best part of my dining experience. The chicken entree was undercooked and very salty - chicken seemed like the scraps of what could not be used for any other dish - lots of fat. The dessert was very cold and dry around the edges - like it had been pre-plated and refrigerated the night before. Coffee tasted very acidy,and when I reached the bottom of the cup. there were many coffee grounds...I have dined here before and previously enjoyed my food.Special Features:
- Quiet, enjoyable mealFrankDined on 3/2/2014This is an excellent restaurant, the food, service and ambience all led to a very enjoyable meal experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant week lunchglobeschlepperVIPDined on 3/2/2014Went for A/C restaurant week lunch. Hubby had salmon. Done perfectly. I had broccoli rabes, pasta and pork belly. Tasty but pork belly was not rendered properly. Not happy with it. Otherwise it was an acceptable lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationAmandaDined on 2/16/2014Came here on a weekend trip with friends and we all loved the food. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014The service was good and the price was reasonable. The portions are big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SpecialDMBfanDined on 2/14/2014I took my boyfriend here on Valentine's Day, which was also his birthday. I have to say, We were treated like royalty. The service was impeccable, the food was exceptional and as busy as they were with Valentine's couples, they gave him a Birthday celebration like nothing I could have expected. I was extremely satisfied with every part of this dining experience. The food was authentic and fresh and out of this world. Clearly, I would highly recommend this place and not shy away on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really enjoyable.DBrownDined on 1/12/2014Really liked the menu. Small but nice selection. Gnocchi bolognese was excellent. Nice bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy the good foodKatoeDined on 12/31/2013We always enjoy the good food and service we receive at Il Trattoria. Thanks for a nice evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian food in atlanticIAMHUNGRYDined on 12/31/2013The best Italian food in atlantic city with maybe the exception of chef vola. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- G & W, jerseycapeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Will absoutely dine there again. Excellent service & amazing meal, Although this is fine dining, the staff were very friendly and down to earth. Very helpful with the menu and made suggestions based upon my preferences. Nothing was a problem!!! Don't miss this place. However, if you make a reservation make sure its for the dining room and not the cafe ( a mistake I made ) but of coarse they moved things around on New Years Eve no less to accomodate us. Again, Great Service. 5 starsSpecial Features:
- LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS COZY ITALIAN!STCYGRLDined on 12/31/2013We came here for New Year's Eve, and loved everything about this restaurant. The service is impeccable with waitstaff waiting on your every need, and then some. Plates are removed quickly, water refreshed often. The waiters are always making sure everything is okay, without being annoying. I enjoy being served when I am paying a lot for my meal, and this place pulls it off to perfection. The drinks are made to order and are delicious. My Chicken Parm was flat like I like it, and not drowned in sauce. The only problem is its butterflied and there was a bone in it. So be careful. But it was perfectly cooked. The manager was gracious with our questions about it. Its fresh. Awesome restaurant all the way around! Loved it.Special Features:
- Best New Years Dinner EverAmazingDined on 12/31/2013Not only did they have a special New Years Eve Menu but they also offered their full menu. From the comp appetizers and shaved parm off a cheese block to the impecable service and the absolute amazing food made the dining experience unbelievable. This is no ordinary overpriced casino restaurant. Highly recommend to anyone who appreciates nothing but the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodIAMHUNGRYDined on 12/14/2013Braised Osso Bucco was outstanding. Pasta dishes are always delicious. The best meatballs on the planet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dining ExperiencemerchDined on 11/30/2013I truly enjoyed dinner with my husband and two friends. We dined before going to see a concert at the Taj Mahal. Would definitely do it again. Very friendly and attentive staff. Beautiful surroundings and delicious food which was served hot, with a presentation that was pleasing to the eyes. Would definitely recommend it to friends and family. Look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live n learnKnowitallDined on 11/30/2013Very expensive, prices not included in menu. Soggy bottom pizza crust. Food didn't come out hot, little warm at best. 6 people, over 400.00. - rip off Not enough food, veal pacata came out 2 very small pieces the size of silver dollars and furthermore was bland. Terrible
- Special treat!ElbratkaDined on 11/27/2013Great service, delishious Italian food, romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no reservations-no serviceKatherinaDined on 11/16/2013best steak I've ever had (tender on the inside with a crunchy crust), snapper was good, tomato sauce was the BEST! all salads-great (tomato, arugula, Cesar) drinks are nice and strong. Two bewares: loooooooooooooooooooooooong wait for your food (even with restaurant half-empty) and Italian cheesecake is not at all like NY one - it is mushy and wetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMomof3Dined on 11/7/2013We went to dinner for my husband's birthday and although it was a Thursday night and the restaurant was not crowded I felt like we were rushed through our meal. The food was good.......I had the mushroom risotto and my husband had the veal piccata. The fried calamari and salads were also good. The problem was definitely pacing. With salads, apps, the main course and dessert we were in and out in 40 minutes. We really felt rushed. We have children and had to make arrangements for this evening out, so we were really disappointed to be so rushed.Special Features:
- Perfect for Special OccasionLilmrs8891Dined on 10/21/2013This was an exceptional dining experience. My favorite part of the meal is that as soon as you are seated, you are presented with cheese shaved fresh from the wheel, crispy eggplant, and crusty bread. The wait staff was extremely attentive. The food was outstanding! I enjoyed the Filet Mignon and my husband had the Lagustino Shrimp Scampi, in which the shrimp were the size of lobster tails. We skipped dessert, but the specialty coffees were perfect! My only negative, in the ambience category, was that it was just a little too dark to read the menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. WonderfulKosherchefVIPDined on 10/16/2013The food was great. Wonderful flavors. Everything was very fresh. Presentation was nice. Best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is as advertised...foodACEsperanzaDined on 10/16/2013Restaurant is as advertised...food appealing to look at and to eat. In a casino so a little pricey.Special Features: