Il Mulino Prime
331 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Il Mulino Prime
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilmulino.com/
- Phone: 2122260020x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday-Thursday, Sun 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michele Mazza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Mulino Prime
Il Mulino Prime located in Soho.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Mulino Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (10)notable wine list (8)hot spot (6)romantic (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Too expensive for what you getCat0725VIPDined on 10/4/2014Overall: overpriced for what you get Prices for everything including steak is higher than the average steakhouse Food was avg, nothing special, decent quality and ok flavor...for the prices that they charge you would expect more! Pappardelle Ragu: the pasta was a little overcooked, would have been better a little more al dente...sauce and flavor of the filet mignon was good...but not worth $24 for an appetizer Steak tar tar: decent flavor,not the worst but not the best Veal parmigiana: good flavor on the sauce & cheese was good quality. Huge portion but definitely not worth $46! Filet mignon on bone, 12 oz.$56 the steak didn't have a whole lot of flavor....the quality of the meat was good...but not enough to justify paying what you doSpecial Features:
- Amazing !MarkDined on 9/28/2014We went for dinner on Thursday night and had such a good time that we decided to go back Sunday night. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and we never felt rushed, even though it was busy both nights. Even the actor Seth Rogen was there Sunday ! The decor is exquisite and the food absolutely delicious. We had a combination of appetizers and steaks. We can't wait to come back. Thank you !!Special Features:
- One word : GREAT !LeslieDined on 9/28/2014We went Sunday for brunch and it was great, we could choose from the lunch or dinner menu, there's a few egg items too but we went for a mix of lunch and dinner. We had a great time, the food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. It's pricey but definitely worth it ! The burrata caviar is to die for. We'll see you on Thursday night.Special Features:
- Overpriced, average food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Food wasn't that great and was totally overpriced, specifically the specials where we didn't know the prices and we felt taken advantage of. $75 for a Dover Sole for 1 person, $40 for a Buratta appetizer, and $35 for a whisky on the rocks which wasn't even the brand we ordered (and none of these prices were listed or mentioned to us until the bill came). Won't go back! Save your money and go to Tutto Il Girono for a better experience all around instead!
- IncredibleMatthewDined on 9/6/2014Il Mulino did it again. As to be expected everything was too notch, including the Cacio e Pepe appetizer that we ordered that wasn't on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbwjjwVIPDined on 9/5/2014Favorites from Il Mulino plus great aged beef. Love the all white decor. Love the fact that in nice weather all the windows and french doors are opened. Everything you want from a great Italian restaurant and more. Perfect bellinis (thin on the ground in Manhattan), perfect insalata caprese, heavenly veal chops and great steaks. Prices are very high, but Il Mulino Prime is very good.Special Features:
- All around Poor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014The problems began when the a/c unit above the table was dripping water. When called to the attention of the server, it was treated as inconsequential. The fish was chewy and the Lamb chops were dry and tasted more like Pork chops. The service was inattentive even though the restaurant was nearly empty. The doors and windows were open despite an idling, smelly ambulance on the curb in front of the restaurant. An extremely disappointing evening. Will never go back again.
- High price for fair foodAnniversaryDined on 8/28/2014We were excited to try this restaurant but ended up being disappointed. My wife had the beef steak salad and the tomato tasted like it was ripened in a store (not fresh). It was supposed to be served on sweet onions but they were normal red onions. She couldn't eat the onions and didn't care to finish it. She had the scallops for a main dish and they were fair. I had the 10oz filet and it was an excellent piece of meat but nothing special in the way it was cooked. It was pretty bland even with the house steak sauce. We also had the Brussels sprouts and they were bland. For half the price, you can try many of NY's great restaurants.Special Features:
- Crossing off the list...NYCDinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food and service was good, and I'm happy to spend for great food and ambience, but I'm checking this off my list - there are other restaurants in the city that deliver a better experience that aligns with the price tag. We had a wonderful dinner, but some of the prices on the specials were unexpected. Also, the decor/size of the restaurant was quite surprising. Very small, and the decor doesn't match the intimacy of the space.Special Features:
- Over the Top FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014We're fans of Il Mulino in the Village and Las Vegas, and took a chance on this recently opened project in SoHo. Outstanding experience--we came back and ate at the bar three nights later. Friendly, professional servers, a small space with clean, mostly white decor. Beautiful pasta starters after a charcuterie plate, perfect bone-in filet, stunning Brunello and Amarone by the glass, finished with house made limoncello! Go while you can still get a table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I eat here every weekJasonRGoldsteinVIPDined on 8/16/2014Can't say enough good things about this newcomer. I love this restaurant. Grazie Il Mulino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!MULLYNYCDined on 8/16/2014Il Mulino fans.. this is obviously a no-brainer but for those who have never been to any of there other locations (NYC or otherwise), I cannot say enough about the new location in SOHO. Perfect in every way. Almost hate writing this b/c i know soon enough it will virtually be impossible to ever get a table in there again. The food and service was THAT GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ti amo Il MulinoJasonRGoldsteinVIPDined on 8/8/2014I love this place. Beautiful room, impeccable service, amazing food. Everyone else had better up their game. There's a new best restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonVIPDined on 6/26/2014New and confused, not up to standards of other il Mulino in service and food. Very pricey and wine list incredibly overpriced for what is offeredSpecial Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Il Mulino Prime reviews archive.