Il Mulino New York - Puerto Rico
6961 Avenue of the Governors
The Ritz-Carlton San Juan Hotel
Isla Verde, Carolina, PR 00979Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Il Mulino New York - Puerto Rico
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilmulino.com/
- Phone: 7877918632x
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER MON - WED 6:00PM - 10:00PM, THU - SAT 6:00PM -11:00PM, SUN 6:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining and exquisite catering at every level.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine room seats 35 people.
Private Bar room sits 65 people
Available for Lunch Events up to 90 people
- Private Party Contact: Swanhilda Gonzalez firstname.lastname@example.org 7877918632x
A word from Il Mulino New York - Puerto Rico
Il Mulino New York's Puerto Rico location offers a one-of-a-kind experience: authentic Italian cuisine prepared with the finest ingredients and techniques, served with impeccable attention amidst the lushness of a tropical island resort. Overbooked always and renowned for its opulence, the Ritz Carlton San Juan offers the perfect setting for an unparalleled meal, whether it be the island bounty of freshly caught langostinos or the old world Il Mulino tradition of the perfect veal chop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Mulino New York - Puerto Rico reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent experienceKimberlyVIPDined on 10/16/2014We had a wonderful experience and will be back again. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busted chefClearlyAmbiguousVIPDined on 10/12/2014Service knocked my socks off….overpriced, but they know it, and so should you. Pasta arrabiata (which is supposed to be spicy) was not spicy. Veal chop came out drastically undercooked, and waiter acknowledged that chef was "new". When it came back out, it was cooked to the right temp and color but dry. Langastinos doused in sauce and overcooked. A real shame. Been here before and it's our favorite special occasion place, but fell well short on this trip. Service still the best in the world, but the new chef really made it a disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Always Superb!SavoryBraveryDined on 9/23/2014I've been coming to Puerto Rico for many years and it's always a treat when I get to dine at Il Mulino's. Tucked away in the elegance of the Ritz Carlton, it's small, yet cozy and intimate setting gives you a grown and sexy feel. Service is impeccable and begins the moment you are seated. You never have to ask for anything and they will go above and beyond to meet your service expectations. The main entree is cooked in front of you and the smell wafts through the air before it is placed in front of you. It was particularly something special when it was ran by GM Carlos. He's since left but the restaurant and food remain head and shoulders above the rest in San Juan. I've celebrated three birthdays here & I've felt good about it each time.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day LunchManPerDined on 5/11/2014We went for a special Mother's Day Lunch, they offered a prefix menu for the ocassion. The food was perfectly cook, with attention to presentation and quality. The service was superb. The wine list had very good choices. Overall a great lunch experiece. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor managementSFPhilVIPDined on 3/6/2014The food was wonderful, ad always. The service was sloppy, like failing to refill a after gals, even after request. Worse yet, the were "out" of the typical homemade grappa. The manager felt like arguing with he over whether it should mater. A very disappointing experience at a very high price.
- We loved the ambiance andRegsDined on 3/3/2014We loved the ambiance and the food was wonderful. We would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an overpiced restaurantJWjWDined on 1/13/2014Overall an overpiced restaurant with decent food. Everything cooked in way too much oil and bordered on greasy. When the bill came, there was not only a spot for tipping the waiter, but a tip for the "captain", I didn't know we had a captain! Cost was 190 and we didn't have drinks or dessert. On the positive, the wait staff was extraordinary. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Phenomenal service and good foodDogMomTravelVIPDined on 12/22/2013While pretty small/tightly packed, we had an overall pleasant dining experience. The service is top notch and the foodies incredibly fresh and flavorful. We enjoyed a shrimp dish and incredibly fresh gnocchi pesto (although a bit too much sauce for my taste). Top off dinner with their flour less chocolate cake for dessertSpecial Features:
- Dinner reviewDinnerfor2Dined on 11/24/2013Outstanding food and service for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to pleaseNotEasyToPleaseVIPDined on 11/21/2013Very good food, excellent service, you will have a dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big price dinnerNotEasyToPleaseVIPDined on 9/18/2013There getting out of hand with there prices. A special ravioli stuffed with cheese and topped with sausage $39.00, and the pasta was nothing special.there prices are getting higher and higher.
- Premium ItalianmobilevitoVIPDined on 8/13/2013Il Mulino is a great restaurant. Consistently excellent but expensive. I stay at the Ritz hotel a lot and eat here often. Whether eating a few courses with a group or a bowl of minestrone alone at the bar, I always have a great meal and the service is at a high level. I would have given it 5 stars on service but the meal can take too long on some nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While I found the servicethekidVIPDined on 7/24/2013While I found the service at this restaurant outstanding, the food was just "okay"Special Features:
- Wait staff and foodJoeyDined on 7/24/2013Wait staff in tuxes (looked great) which counters the dumbing-down of our present "dress code." Many of the diners were dressed like they just got off the beach which ruined the ambiance of fine dinning which it is. The waiters were extremely helpful. The food was tasty and plentiful. I would not change a thing. My wife loved the half portions that were available.Special Features:
- Not worth coming backFoodieGalDined on 7/21/2013We had to wait about 12 minutes (not exaggerating) to get our menus. I was interested in the 50% off on the wine list offer, but received the wine list at 7:25, five minutes before the offer ended. Funny that I had to wait so long for the wine list when in the reservation I wrote that I was celebrating a special occasion. The complimentary tapas they passed over the tables were way too greasy and the bread didn't tasted fresh. The appetizer and main course were ok, but didn't love the dessert. The service was way to robotic, never got to feel engaged...then had an awkward moment when the check was presented.
- A Gem in the CarribeanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2013Nestled in the Ritz Carlton and very close to their casino, Il Mulino is a great way to begin vacation. Service begins with appetizers on the house, and finishes with great deserts. Highly recommend for that special meal when in San Juan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the sunset menu-pleasantlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2013Went for the sunset menu-pleasantly surprised-4course dinner very reasonable and wines were half price! Food as always was wonderful-service impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service!JerryVIPDined on 6/9/2013We tried several items that server suggested and they were all on point! very good across the board one of the better meals I have had. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great AttentionslorbDined on 5/8/2013It was our anniversary and they went out of our way to make it special!! Great food and nice start to our meal with complimentary items.Special Features:
- Good food, poor service.Jake8VIPDined on 4/4/2013I've been to this restaurant before and had far better experiences. The food is good though quite expensive. Still, for the location- it's acceptable. What is not ok is the service. I can't recall more in attentive, bad attitude treatment at any establishment. Really careless and rude. Nice wine lost though also pricy.Special Features:
- Terrible Hostess Taints Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2013My fiancee and I came to Puerto Rico to celebrate our engagement and decided to dine at il Mulino at the Ritz Carlton San Juan. When we arrived at the restaurant, the hostess was cold and unwelcoming, as if she was doing us a favor by seating us, even though we had a reservation. She sat us along a row of tables that lined a walkway where waiters, bussers and customers would pass through the restaurant. My fiancee asked if we could be seated at a different table, away from the traffic of the restaurant since we were celebrating. The hostess replied, "No, this table is reserved for an anniversary" and she coldly walked back to her hostess station. The table remained empty throughout the evening. This terrible experience ruined our meal.
- Dr Thomas J PaisleyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/7/2013First enjoyed dinner here three years ago, on a layover to Tortola. Wonderful food, and now make a first night of vacation before a week in the BVI's. Service is attentive and immediate. Spinach salad and then a pasta main course is a sure winner. Highly recommend, and the Ritz Carlton is a great place to spend a night or a few days.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the meal. Great service.KnightOfNiVIPDined on 12/20/2012Enjoyed the meal. Great service. Unfortunately, we had a few spoiled children a table over, so we had to deal with that headache, but the food was very good. On the downside, the wine list was ridiculously overpriced. A store priced $27 2007 Terrabianca Campaccio was $114 on the wine list. I don't mind paying 2x or even 2.5x at an upscale restaurant, but that was just nuts. I'd go back, but as a warning, bring your wallet...Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceChelseaVIPDined on 12/19/2012We had a wonderful experience at Il Mulino from the moment we walked in the door. The service as impeccable, and the food was amazing. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Puerto Rico!Special Features:
- Good Food Maitre'd Another Mattersrk49VIPDined on 12/9/2012Since you first approach the maitre'd I would think management would retrain him in how to be friendly, warm and welcoming. He is none of those. On a lighter note the food service and decor were very good.Special Features:
- Terrific location, atmosphere,HerbieVIPDined on 12/2/2012Terrific location, atmosphere, menu and wine list, albeit overpriced. However, the food is disappointing, and when the check arrives-ouch. It just isn't worth it.Special Features:
- Great dining experience anddbethelDined on 11/2/2012Great dining experience and the food was excellent as well as service. Nothing needs to be changed.Special Features:
- Food was subpar! Wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/14/2012Food was subpar! Wine list very poor! Not worth the $$$$!Special Features:
- a very enjoyable evening atfoodfanDined on 9/20/2012a very enjoyable evening at Il mulino. A great place to go for special occassions wait staff very professionalSpecial Features:
- OMG excellent italian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012OMG excellent italian food. CAn't wait to go to the NY location!Special Features:
- I will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2012We have been to this restaurant twice and both times were consistent with delicious food and good service.Special Features:
- The food was good not closeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2012The food was good not close to great yet very expensive, NY city prices in Puerto Rico . The waiters attitude is that they are doing you a favor by letting you eat at their restauarant. Amazingly after ordering a bottle of Pinot Grigio, the comment from the waiter is that the only Pinot Grigio they have is the $100 bottle and we were stupid enough to believe them. We were there twice, once with a group of 6, drinking a lot and ordering a lot of food and the waiters love you. The second time, two people who just want a drink and an entree, they dont have a need for you as you are not running up a big bill. If you want to spend $100+ person for dinner in puerto rico its fine but in my opinion for the money it should be better than fine.
- Food great but Service is lacking..OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/21/2012The food is amazing but the service was mediocre. Our waiter was all over the place and he kept forgetting about our table. My bf order a drink he never got...it was as if it was too rush to be honest.Special Features:
- Fantastic interior but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/20/2012Fantastic interior but the ambience is ruined by the noise from the adjacent casino. Nonstop PA system announcing winning numbers.Special Features:
- Very unhappy-booked a 6 pmOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/12/2012Very unhappy-booked a 6 pm table for 1000 pts-arrived 15 minutes late --after calling ahead and told no problem--but was only awarded 100 pts. We were the only people in the restaurant when we arrived and it ws more that half empty when we left. Would not have eaten here if we had known in advance they would change the reservation so we were not eligible for the 1000 pts. Pasta was bland!
- The tip can be confusing!dougrDined on 6/5/2012Food and service was amazing. The wait staff consisted of a waitress and captain who we're great which is a good thing because we were confused when we saw a space on the check for a captain and a waiter tip. Not knowing what to do and with no suggested tip on the check, we added 20% for each. I later checked some blogs and found that I should have tipped just the 20% with $10 going to the captain & $30 going to the waiter. As they say, live and learn!Special Features:
- Il Mulino - Don't BotherSR1124VIPDined on 5/10/2012Based upon their New York reputation, we were ready for an unbelievable evening. What a "disappointment"!!! They started off by bring various "complimentary" apetizers to our table and that was the highlight of the experience. The green salads were small and nothing special. My wife's entree of veal chop was more fat that veal and was sent back. They then brought her another veal dish wish looked and tasted like cardboard. My entree of Ossobuco was dry and chewy. Prices for most dishes were obscene. Not recommended. BLT Steak House in same hotel was AWESOME
- Higly Recommend italian restaurantFoodieJMVIPDined on 4/25/2012The restaurant is located in the Ritz Carlton. We had reservations for 6 and they sat us immediately on arrival and started serving us complementary fried zucchini, sliced soprassata, assorted gourmet breads that were to die for. Then they brought a wedge of parmigiano that must have weighed 40 pounds. The server let us know that they would accommodate/customize almost any meal request we made and they did. They chiseled off pieces for everyone. The pastas, veal marsala, and steak were wonderful. The chicken parmesan was very disappointing. We were too full to try dessert.Special Features:
- Food was great and so wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2012Food was great and so was the service. My only complaint was the basketball game on the TV by the bar. This is just one room so there is no need for a TV !
- Absolutely AMAZING in everyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2012Absolutely AMAZING in every way...service, food and all the little extras they provide. We never felt rushed - we loved that they didn't immediately hand us menus upon seating us - they took our drink orders, then brought out an antipasti plate and bread, then bruschetta and oysters and after enjoying all the delicious flavors, then they brought the menus! Lovely! Everything was delicious. I suggest the sweets sampler as a good way to try a few things - the cheesecake was made with ricotta - we just loved the flavor and texture that gave it! Also the champagne cream on the side - can't remember what it was called but it was out of this world! A cross between whipped cream and a custard - absolutely l lovely!Special Features: