Il Mulino New York Long Island
1042 Northern Blvd
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Il Mulino New York Long Island
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilmulino.com/
- Phone: 5166211870x
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH SUN 11:00AM - 3:00PM
LUNCH THU and FRI 12:00PM - 2:30PM
DINNER MON - THU 5:00PM - 10:00PM
FRI and SAT 5:00PM - 11:00PM
SUN 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining & exquisite catering at every level.
- Private Party Facilities: Il Mulino New York, located at 1042 Northern Blvd. in Roslyn Estates, is open for lunch Thursday and Friday, and for dinner seven nights per week.
There are 2 private dining areas available for private parties, such as birthdays, anniversaries, showers, engagements, or corporate functions.
- Private Party Contact: Chrsitine 5163437521x
- Special Events: Sunday Supper: 4 course prix fixe, $39 per person. Kids under 13, $20.
A word from Il Mulino New York Long Island
Nestled between New York's bustling streets and the Hamptons' beach scene, Il Mulino New York’s Long Island outpost defines classic Italian cuisine. Enjoy elegantly prepared dishes served with impeccable service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Il Mulino New York Long Island - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Il Mulino New York Long Island reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (29)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Better than last timeMeals4uDined on 8/23/2014Went back after several years. Service was excellent, food prices weren't too far out of line with other top restaurants in the area. Went early so we wouldn't be waiting. Caesar salad had a bit too much garlic and focaccia had too much pepper, but their complimentary bruschetta was delicious.Special Features:
- Every bit as good as...zzzzVIPDined on 8/12/2014The oysters were a disappointment, but I should know better. The water is too warm in August. Otherwise the food was exquisite. This was first time here at the Roslyn location, though I have been to the Village site often. This place should be on every critic's top ten list on Long Island. The famously crowded dining room in the city location is not the case here. It is possible to have a private conversation or to eat in silence without hearing all the details of some other diner's latest Wall Street trade. It is expensive, so I will never be a regular, but I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Dizzying experienceBb2eatVIPDined on 8/1/2014There is no question about the quality of the food, however I gave it fair rating because everything is overpriced. We were seated in a high traffic area where the waiters and busboys were busy moving around and talking a lot in not so well modulated voices. So much was going on that we could not enjoy our meal so we ended up taking most of our food home.
- Not worth the doughFashionFriendVIPDined on 7/31/2014In the last 3 weeks I have eaten at 3 loc's. Roslyn is so crazy overpriced so that they can bring you "free" salami, zucchini, bread, brushetta, fresh Parmesan,and grappa. I was full before I ordered. This may appeal to some people but in the middle of swimsuit season it was just too much. It was "romantic" setting (dark and stuffy), and there were so many waiters swirling around asking us if we needed anything or refilling out water every 3 seconds I found it annoying. My husband ordered the linguine volngole for an absurd price and was furious when it literally had 6 (halves) of baby clams in it and half a pound of spaghetti. With the exception if his dish The portions were huge. For the $$$$- extremely disappointing. Will never go back.Special Features:
- Great experienceAllyVIPDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant is still great after so many years. Highly recommend it for a special occasion. Pricey. Nice waiters and good service with excellent ambiance and delicious food. You won't go wrong but keep it for a special occasion. Too expensive otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!hopedforbetterVIPDined on 7/15/2014From the service to the food everything was superb! Very rare to dine in a restaurant where there was not one complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGm222Dined on 7/13/2014Everything about this restaurant is excellent. No criticisms at allSpecial Features:
- Spectacular!friar19Dined on 7/4/2014The food and service are one of a kind here! One of the best dining experiences my wife and I have had in years...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014Although a little pricey (which we knew before we went), it was worth every cent. We went on the holiday (7/4/14) and was surprised to see it as busy as it was. The "free" appetizers were a nice touch. There was a generous "pour" to wine by the glass. The service couldn't have been better. The food was delicious. We don't live closeby so ordinarily we would not have gone but we had a gift certificate. Now that we have experienced this fine dining restaurant we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2014The food was very good but the service was outstanding from the person who made our delicious cocktails as we enjoyed the Word Cup to David who made every dish sound absolutely divine. Thank you for giving my friends and I a wonderful dining experience. We will be back! All the best, Silvia ISpecial Features:
- excellent service incredible foodbeachloverDined on 6/6/2014From the moment you sit, the food begins. Free appetizers, artisan breads, imported cheese. Every course delicious. It was a little pricey. We took my dad and his wife for her birthday. 2 pasta dishes two veal entrees and the bill was over 250.00. We did have wine and cappuccino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/30/2014Had been a while since eating here last--forgotten how good the food was. Weeknight dining far more pleasurable than the "scene" on weekends! Fine dining with very professional service. Only complaint--the table is not big enough to hold the dishes that are delivered to each table. Been to Il Mulino uptown & downtown NYC this is by far the prettiest most comfortable of all!Special Features:
- Always deliciousrushrushrushDined on 5/24/2014If you have never been to Il Mulino you have never had the best Italian Parm, there is none other like theirs. Their service from the moment you enter the door is what you expect at a 5 starSpecial Features:
- eatsout2VIPDined on 5/22/2014We have eaten here many times and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SupperFatCat57Dined on 5/18/2014I have been to Il Mulino many times over the years. Even had a private party in the wine cellar for my son's 21st birthday. Have always been very satisfied. Went for my daughter's birthday on Sunday. There were 10 of us. Service was extremely "leisurely". Had to ask for a waiter a few times. Restaurant was not that busy. When I made the reservation I noted that it was my daughter's birthday. They brought our desserts and no happy birthday even though we had seen them sing to several other parties. I wish they would offer a reasonably priced bottle wine. The least expensive bottle was $70 and it was a wine I regularly buy for $15. That is quite a markup. The food was very good-the Sunday Supper is highly recommended.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Food is just ok, but not worth the cost. The service was poor.
- Excellent pastaMissCityFoodDined on 5/14/2014We dined at 8pm on a quiet Wednesday evening. The restaurant was about half-filled, no bar scene to speak of that night. The service was excellent: water glasses always filled, drink orders and complimentary appetizers were served promptly. The beef carpaccio has always been my favorite; it goes so well with the complimentary parmigiano cheese. The raw Bluepoint oysters were fresh and sizeable; so much better than most Port Washington seafood restaurants. The pasta dishes were amazing: seafood linguine and ravioli in light cream sauce. We would return to try some of the other dishes. No complaints at all.Special Features:
- very expensive- good foodtomayVIPDined on 5/11/2014use this one for special occassions-- they are very expensive- but can't complain about the foodand surroundings and service- if you dont mind shelling out the dough- give it a trySpecial Features:
- Too dark, too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014The room was too dark and too much food on a plate.Special Features:
- One of the best on LIwassermomVIPDined on 5/8/2014The service is impeccable and the food was so delicious that when I got home all I kept thinking about was how good the clams posillipo were and how I can't wait to go back and eat them again. I eat all over the Island and I think the experience there if you are looking for a quiet restaurant is one of the around.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 355 reviews are from the Il Mulino New York Long Island reviews archive.
- MaxieVIPDined on 4/25/2014Fabulous food, service and ambience. We live in Florida and was in NY 2 weeks and fined at Il Mulino a couple if timesSpecial Features:
- Love!!ItalijewDined on 4/18/2014This restaurant is very expensive but the food is so good! Wish I could afford to eat here more than once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing compares.BrooklynVIPDined on 4/11/2014Food was veryvery good however a bit pricey. It was the best meal I've had locally in a long time. I'll be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its waypalmaskiVIPDined on 4/3/2014I have eaten here many times with no complaints. But this time the service has gone down hill. I informed them it was a 85 birthday dinner and not one staff acknowledged it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2014As usual, the food was amazing, and I truly enjoyed the meal. The lamb Ragut it incredible. The chianti was also very good, and service is impeccable as always.Special Features:
- The bestFazio55VIPDined on 3/28/2014You will never have better Bronzino...ever. Langoustines are incredible as well. Best food on LII would recommend this to a friend.
- elegantGrnpeaDined on 3/27/2014this restaurant is a must. i went with my mother and her husband for her birthday and the staff was very attentive. the ambience was very intimate...and the food (DELICIOUS). would definitely go back & recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but to priceycustomcDined on 3/23/2014This is my second time eating at Il Mulino. I enjoyed what I had but it is too expensive for what it is. I think there are some VERY nice restaurants in the area where the food is just as good, if not better, with VERY nice ambiance and the prices are a less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not exactly il Mulino NYClivtoeatVIPDined on 3/23/2014As a regular in the NYC resturant I was just a little bit disappointed in our dinner here. The wine list was great however the appetizing was lacking. It seemed as though they were cutting back on the starters but it could be that the location doesn't warrant larger portions The menu was exactly the same as NYC however it didn't seem as authentic. The wait staff was much friendlier here however. I would suggest less oil in their cooking and some minor tweets to the recipes. Not bad however for the experience if you can not make it into ny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOprahnyVIPDined on 3/18/2014Awwesome dinner. Would always go back. A liittle pricey but that is to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rapid declineBgreenVIPDined on 3/16/2014At one time, this was the place to go for fine dining. It fails now on a multitude of levels. The complimentary appetizers and variety of breads are now the only redeeming quality this restaurant has left. The salads fall short and the entrees lack creativity and flair. The exorbitant cost just isn't justified. Expect to experience sticker shock even if you don't drink or partake in dessert. This is not the first time our expectations fell short. I'm afraid it's time to move on...
- Wonderful!RexyVIPDined on 3/13/2014Our dinner at il mulino was wonderful in every way. From the service, to the food, to the wine, excellent! This was our first tiime dining at il mulino and we loved it. We ordered off the sunset menu since we were there at 6, and every course was delicious. The service was top notch. Thank you il mulino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2014We were celebrating our anniversary, and we were told this was a romantic place. We were not disappointed. The ambience was very nice, except for some noisy drinkers at the bar. When we were shown to a table close to the bar and we asked for someplace further away from the noise, they were very accommodating and gave us a different table. Unfortunately, the restaurant is somewhat small, so the noisiness of the bar area could not really be escaped. The food was great; we loved the assortment of appetizers that were automatically brought to the table. So, while our main dishes were pretty pricey, we found that we didn't need to order separate appetizers from the menu, so the total was not that outlandish.Special Features:
- You get what you pay for.RobboDined on 2/28/2014Impeccable service, quality and dining experience. Plan on $200 per person to do it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined here many times.eatsout2VIPDined on 2/24/2014We have dined here many times. This time we tried their new Sunset menu on a weekday. The food was as wonderful, as always, even though the portions were a little smaller than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious and a goodBandBDined on 2/23/2014Food was delicious and a good value. Staff was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grumpy WaiterCodyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Except for our first waiter who was clearly annoyed at whatever, it was a nice night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealwocaplelVIPDined on 2/20/2014As always , a wonderful meal and a wonderful time The food and service are very hard to beat. As soon as you sit, the appetizers and the requested drink arrive. The food and service continue like that throughout the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/16/2014We dined here early on a Sunday with our kids. The service was impeccable as always. Also, the food was amazing. The Sunday supper provides a great vaue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2014Food was very good but the overall experience was not. We were charged 30$ for a dessert consistent ing of a few berries and some cream sauce (we asked price befoe ordering and were told somewhere between 11-14$). Porcini Ravioli was delicious. Brought zucchini to the table When we sat down. Covered in oil and just Not tasty. Heard such great things about this place but thought it was snooty and way