Il Mulino New York Long Island
1042 Northern Blvd
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Il Mulino New York Long Island
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilmulino.com/
- Phone: 5166211870x
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH SUN 11:00AM - 3:00PM
LUNCH THU and FRI 12:00PM - 2:30PM
DINNER MON - THU 5:00PM - 10:00PM
FRI and SAT 5:00PM - 11:00PM
SUN 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining & exquisite catering at every level.
- Private Party Facilities: Il Mulino New York, located at 1042 Northern Blvd. in Roslyn Estates, is open for lunch Thursday and Friday, and for dinner seven nights per week.
There are 2 private dining areas available for private parties, such as birthdays, anniversaries, showers, engagements, or corporate functions.
- Private Party Contact: Chrsitine 5163437521x
- Special Events: Sunday Supper: 4 course prix fixe, $39 per person. Kids under 13, $20.
A word from Il Mulino New York Long Island
Nestled between New York's bustling streets and the Hamptons' beach scene, Il Mulino New York’s Long Island outpost defines classic Italian cuisine. Enjoy elegantly prepared dishes served with impeccable service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Il Mulino New York Long Island - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Il Mulino New York Long Island reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (32)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- DISAPPOINTEDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Don't go! Bad Service! Bad Food! VERY OVERRATED!!Special Features:
- In spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Consistently excellent in every area. Old presentation outstanding and the garage she and phthisis are amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatsout2VIPDined on 10/8/2014We have eaten here many times. The food was excellent as usual. This time the service was lacking. We were seated next to a table of about 14 people. It was difficult to get the waiter's attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inattentive staff, greasy foodavoidDined on 10/6/2014inattentive staff, greasy food house red cabernet undrinkable
- Over PriceRampimDined on 10/5/2014Never been in a restaurant that overprice their own dishes... The Captain was arrogant and not useful. It used to be one of my fav but not anymore. The good waiters all have left and the new adm is as bad as it gets. I am not coming backSpecial Features:
- The worst table in the houseNyc2003Dined on 10/4/2014Made reservations on opentable for 6pm on Saturday nite. They gave us the worst table in the house - in a corner of the side room right next to the cash register - even though the place was practically empty at the time. We didn't want to make a fuss and figured they probably did this because we made the reservation on opentable, which in our experience tends to land us in the less desirable tables at certain restaurants. So we stayed and it was fine until it got busy and the waiters were pretty much constantly working at the register right behind my husband's chair, and then they turned on this glaring light so they can see but it totally destroyed any atmosphere left in our corner. This for a $200 meal for 2 people? I'll never go back.Special Features:
- Over ratedBarneysMomDined on 10/3/2014The first thing all in our party noticed was how dark the restaurant was. We used our cell phones to read the menu. I saw one waiter shining a flash light on the bread basket so patrons could see what they were choosing. Our waiter acted as if we were bothering him and annoyed that he had to take our order. My entree had to be sent back since my medium rare filet came out medium well. My friends "Risotto" while tasty had more the texture of rice pilaf - not a bit creamy. I asked if the Napoleon was assembled fresh. The waiter said it was, however I was served a soggy dessert which I also sent back. The cannoli was assembled fresh and quite good. I was surprised how medioccre the foor was. There are many better Italian restaurants.
- THE BEST ITALIAN ON LIAmy1VIPDined on 9/28/2014Il Mulino never disappoints! It's the best Italian restaurant on Long Island by far, and better than most in NYC. From start to finish, it's a special gastronomic treat! Outstanding food, excellent professional service, beautiful atmosphere - what more could you want? My only issue I have is I wish there were more decent affordable wines on the menu, and also some half bottles would be a welcome addition. Otherwise, it's as close to perfect as it gets.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We chose Il Mulino to celebrate a special occasion, The food was excellent,service felt hurried and was disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Val5OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The food was delicious but I specifically asked for a quiet table when I made the reservation. Not only were we seated near the waiters' station (which was incredibly noisy) they then seated a family with two small children next to us. When I complained to the maitre' d on the way out, he was very rude. He said that family were his regular customers and implied that they could do whatever they wanted. How would one become a regular customer, when treated so poorly on their initial visit. We were very disappointed because the food was very good but way too expensive to have such a "pizza parlor atmosphere,"Special Features:
- TiggerDined on 9/24/2014Disappointed in our dining experience. Food was okay Service was lacking Heavy Hispanic accent made if irritating to hear specials as well as to carry on generic conversation with the staff Server BLAZED through specials - never prompting if we understood all the culinary terminology. I did, but knew my guest didn't One guest ordered wine by the glass because he didn't care for the style of wine we were drinking by the bottle -they poured him a glass of wine from the BIG bottle size 1.75 - can't believe a restaurant of this caliber has the nerve to serve poor quality wine by the glass.
- Expensive but worth itArtomVIPDined on 9/21/2014Pamper yourself to a treat. The fish was excellent and the wine superb. Great place to indulge yourself.Special Features:
- DisappointedCommissionerDined on 9/20/2014I was truly looking forward to a marvelous evening at Il Mulino-Long Island. The New York restaurant is a gem. Our reservation was for 8:30 pm. We were not seated until after 9 pm. To be fair, I did enjoy my meal. I had a half-order of pasta and the oso bucco. the veal was tender and the sauce was flavorful without being overpowering. My dinner was good but certainly not outstanding or any better than a number of local and less expensive Italian restaurants. My girlfriend had a salad and a pasta dish as her main course. For some reason, it upset her digestive system and she was ill all night thereafter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/16/2014Il Mulino is our go to place on Long Island if we want to celebrate. The service is beyond expectation every time we are there. The special starters are always fun and the food is wonderful. The restaurant is always filled with people. You are made to feel special and that is a rarity on Long Island. We look forward to our next meal at Il Mulino.Special Features:
- on the slippery slopelikegoodfoodDined on 9/15/2014I hadn't been to Il Mulino in Roslyn only in NYC. I thought the restaurant was very nice, but the clientele brought down the atmosphere. I doubled checked the website for dress code - business casual. I am guessing it was blue collar night. Disappointing if you are looking for somewhere to have a special occasion. It could have been TGI Fridays. The food was very good, except for a lamb dish special which was not explained very well and ended up being breaded, which doesn't really work for someone who is gluten free. Service was ok but not commensurate, but not up to the level of the city store. Probably will continue to visit in the city.Special Features:
- Consistently AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014I love eating here. It is expensive, but the food is superb, the staff is solicitous, friendly and knowledgeable. The food is always top notch. The kitchen and the service just don't ever have an "off night." For a special meal on the North Shore there is nothing better.Special Features:
- DickVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had an unpleasant experience in regard to the quality of the food preparation. Raviolis were evidently frozen and improperly cooked, tasted like cardboard with fillings icy cold, despite chef's attempt to camouflage them with hot sauce. Some vegetables were smothered with excessive garlic. Some breads were offered without informing that they were spicy.
- Il MulinoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The service is outstanding. They serve garlic bread, zucchini salad, mussels, along with bringing a huge wheel of gorgonzola and carving you a hunk of cheese before you get a menu. Food was fresh and well prepared. Pace was a bit quicker than necessary, but it didn't detract if you know how to linger. The atmosphere was friendly and elegant, and quite suited for couples or intimate gatherings.Special Features:
- Great DinnerLittyDined on 9/3/2014Had a business dinner with a great client here and the evening was great. Small, but very nice wine list and the food was outstanding. Service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceJets2014Dined on 8/30/2014Sat down at 8:00 and put in our order with the captain at 8:10. They brought the samples of bread and complementary appetizers but then forgot about our table. The restaurant was not very busy but nobody came by our table for 40 minutes to refill our drinks even though we ordered a bottle of water or bring our appetizers. We finally said something and it turned out they forgot to put in our order. Although they did not charge for our appetizer, the service was Very lame for a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- Better than last timeMeals4uDined on 8/23/2014Went back after several years. Service was excellent, food prices weren't too far out of line with other top restaurants in the area. Went early so we wouldn't be waiting. Caesar salad had a bit too much garlic and focaccia had too much pepper, but their complimentary bruschetta was delicious.Special Features:
- Every bit as good as...zzzzVIPDined on 8/12/2014The oysters were a disappointment, but I should know better. The water is too warm in August. Otherwise the food was exquisite. This was first time here at the Roslyn location, though I have been to the Village site often. This place should be on every critic's top ten list on Long Island. The famously crowded dining room in the city location is not the case here. It is possible to have a private conversation or to eat in silence without hearing all the details of some other diner's latest Wall Street trade. It is expensive, so I will never be a regular, but I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Dizzying experienceBb2eatVIPDined on 8/1/2014There is no question about the quality of the food, however I gave it fair rating because everything is overpriced. We were seated in a high traffic area where the waiters and busboys were busy moving around and talking a lot in not so well modulated voices. So much was going on that we could not enjoy our meal so we ended up taking most of our food home.
- Not worth the doughFashionFriendVIPDined on 7/31/2014In the last 3 weeks I have eaten at 3 loc's. Roslyn is so crazy overpriced so that they can bring you "free" salami, zucchini, bread, brushetta, fresh Parmesan,and grappa. I was full before I ordered. This may appeal to some people but in the middle of swimsuit season it was just too much. It was "romantic" setting (dark and stuffy), and there were so many waiters swirling around asking us if we needed anything or refilling out water every 3 seconds I found it annoying. My husband ordered the linguine volngole for an absurd price and was furious when it literally had 6 (halves) of baby clams in it and half a pound of spaghetti. With the exception if his dish The portions were huge. For the $$$$- extremely disappointing. Will never go back.Special Features:
- Great experienceAllyVIPDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant is still great after so many years. Highly recommend it for a special occasion. Pricey. Nice waiters and good service with excellent ambiance and delicious food. You won't go wrong but keep it for a special occasion. Too expensive otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!hopedforbetterVIPDined on 7/15/2014From the service to the food everything was superb! Very rare to dine in a restaurant where there was not one complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGm222Dined on 7/13/2014Everything about this restaurant is excellent. No criticisms at allSpecial Features:
- Spectacular!friar19Dined on 7/4/2014The food and service are one of a kind here! One of the best dining experiences my wife and I have had in years...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014Although a little pricey (which we knew before we went), it was worth every cent. We went on the holiday (7/4/14) and was surprised to see it as busy as it was. The "free" appetizers were a nice touch. There was a generous "pour" to wine by the glass. The service couldn't have been better. The food was delicious. We don't live closeby so ordinarily we would not have gone but we had a gift certificate. Now that we have experienced this fine dining restaurant we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 367 reviews are from the Il Mulino New York Long Island reviews archive.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2014The food was very good but the service was outstanding from the person who made our delicious cocktails as we enjoyed the Word Cup to David who made every dish sound absolutely divine. Thank you for giving my friends and I a wonderful dining experience. We will be back! All the best, Silvia ISpecial Features:
- excellent service incredible foodbeachloverDined on 6/6/2014From the moment you sit, the food begins. Free appetizers, artisan breads, imported cheese. Every course delicious. It was a little pricey. We took my dad and his wife for her birthday. 2 pasta dishes two veal entrees and the bill was over 250.00. We did have wine and cappuccino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/30/2014Had been a while since eating here last--forgotten how good the food was. Weeknight dining far more pleasurable than the "scene" on weekends! Fine dining with very professional service. Only complaint--the table is not big enough to hold the dishes that are delivered to each table. Been to Il Mulino uptown & downtown NYC this is by far the prettiest most comfortable of all!Special Features:
- Always deliciousrushrushrushDined on 5/24/2014If you have never been to Il Mulino you have never had the best Italian Parm, there is none other like theirs. Their service from the moment you enter the door is what you expect at a 5 starSpecial Features:
- eatsout2VIPDined on 5/22/2014We have eaten here many times and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SupperFatCat57Dined on 5/18/2014I have been to Il Mulino many times over the years. Even had a private party in the wine cellar for my son's 21st birthday. Have always been very satisfied. Went for my daughter's birthday on Sunday. There were 10 of us. Service was extremely "leisurely". Had to ask for a waiter a few times. Restaurant was not that busy. When I made the reservation I noted that it was my daughter's birthday. They brought our desserts and no happy birthday even though we had seen them sing to several other parties. I wish they would offer a reasonably priced bottle wine. The least expensive bottle was $70 and it was a wine I regularly buy for $15. That is quite a markup. The food was very good-the Sunday Supper is highly recommended.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Food is just ok, but not worth the cost. The service was poor.
- Excellent pastaMissCityFoodDined on 5/14/2014We dined at 8pm on a quiet Wednesday evening. The restaurant was about half-filled, no bar scene to speak of that night. The service was excellent: water glasses always filled, drink orders and complimentary appetizers were served promptly. The beef carpaccio has always been my favorite; it goes so well with the complimentary parmigiano cheese. The raw Bluepoint oysters were fresh and sizeable; so much better than most Port Washington seafood restaurants. The pasta dishes were amazing: seafood linguine and ravioli in light cream sauce. We would return to try some of the other dishes. No complaints at all.Special Features:
- very expensive- good foodtomayVIPDined on 5/11/2014use this one for special occassions-- they are very expensive- but can't complain about the foodand surroundings and service- if you dont mind shelling out the dough- give it a trySpecial Features:
- Too dark, too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014The room was too dark and too much food on a plate.Special Features:
- One of the best on LIwassermomVIPDined on 5/8/2014The service is impeccable and the food was so delicious that when I got home all I kept thinking about was how good the clams posillipo were and how I can't wait to go back and eat them again. I eat all over the Island and I think the experience there if you are looking for a quiet restaurant is one of the around.I would recommend this to a friend.