Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City
1000 Boardwalk and Virginia Avenue
Trump Taj Mahal
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ilmulino.com/atlanticcity.html
- Phone: (609) 449-6006
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER SUN - THU 5:00PM - 10:00PM, FRI and SAT 5:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michele Mazza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private dining and exquisite catering at every level. Il Mulino New York is the perfect setting for any occasion, special event or private party. Il Mulino New York offers a beautiful private dining room that accommodates up to 45 guests.
For assistance with planning your next event please contact Valerie Lear, Director of Sales & Marketing at (609) 675-4220 or email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining and exquisite catering at every level.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Lear 6096754220x
- Cross Street: Pacific Avenue
- Public Transit: You can take your local Jitney Bus or New Jersey Transit bus. Both stop at the Taj Mahal where our restaurant is located.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Our Il Mulino New York valet service is available at the Il Mulino New York awning. Bring you valet ticket to dinner for validation, and you will be charged $5 for valet parking.
A word from Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City
Atlantic City's Il Mulino New York offers authentic Italian cuisine amid an elegant dining room adorned with large Italian paintings and cascading chandeliers. The restaurant's menu offers fresh ingredients beautifully prepared and presented with impeccable service. Il Mulino New York’s exceptional wine list features more than 115 selections. The elegant Italian restaurant is your ideal setting for lunch, dinner, special events or private parties. The exquisite private dining room seats up to 45 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (41)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (20)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Everything seemed to be goingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/3/2009Everything seemed to be going smoothly until we received our entrees. I ordered a pasta dish in a bolognese sauce, while my girlfriend ordered a chicken dish. My pasta was excellent. However, her chicken entree was very fatty. In fact there was too much fat that she didn't want it. So I tried it to see what I thought.. well I thought the same thing. The servers suggested another chicken dish but she declined because she didn't want the same thing to happen again and have to send it back again because that would insult the chef. They offered her pasta, but she doesn't eat pasta. You would think they would take it off the bill, but that wasn't the case either. Overall I know that I will not be returning.
- I dined at Il Mulino duringOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2009I dined at Il Mulino during Atlantic City's Restaurant Week. It is one of the finest restaurants I have ever been to. The waiters were not only dressed impeccably, but the service was impeccable as well. Refreshingly, this is not a rush turn the table type of restaurant. The food was delicious from the sauted eggplant and breads on the table, soup, entree, and dessert and coffee. I will recommend Il Mulino highly and fully intend to return.Special Features:
- One of the best dining exxperienceskatydDined on 3/1/2009One of the best dining exxperiences ever.. Service superior....Special Features:
- Have been to many great italianSandydy14Dined on 3/1/2009Have been to many great italian restaurants, such as La Famiglia in Philly and Il Mulino was much better! We visited during restaurant week, but you would never know that by the dinner served or the service. It was outstanding! The pre-dinner extras were wonderful! From the minute you are seated to when you leave the restaurant, you are made to feel very special. The staff seemed to truly appreciate you being there. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- The experience could haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2009The experience could have been amazing. It was very obvious that restaurant week was not something thing they wanted to deal with. The meal was rushed. The servers rarely made eye contact. They picked up the check from the person paying and placed it down in front of one the guests to sign. Very poor taste. Leftovers were put in a chinese take out bag. If you ran out of Il Mulino bags than call the hotel and get Trump bags. When you know a place is capable of 5 star service and you don't receive it, it is insulting. I eat out about 5 nights a week, at least two of which are fine dining and feel so disappointed because I heard nothing but good things about the restaurant.Special Features:
- Il Mulino New York is a veryfoodiefranDined on 3/1/2009Il Mulino New York is a very special place. The atmosphere is elegant and quiet even though the restaurant is located right off the casino floor. The food and service were exceptional and their signature grappa was a great conclusion to a great meal.
- This was a beautiful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2009This was a beautiful dining experience. We were there for late lunch on Sunday. Sammy was our waiter, he was great. The food was fabulous, the water glasses and ice tea were always filled, the soiled dishes removed promptly. The room was beautiful and we had a lovely corner table. We definitely will go again!!Special Features:
- The chicken scarpariello wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2009The chicken scarpariello was excellent. The rugola salad was bland. The dessert was sinful. The service was outstanding. loved it.Special Features:
- First time dining at Ill Mulino.SamOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2009First time dining at Ill Mulino.Sampled the lunch during Restaurant Week.Service is outstanding as well as the food.Drinks on the other hand are a blatant rip off.$3.75 for an ice tea and no refills!!Found out the hard way after we received the bill that refills were another $3.75..It is the little things that can ruin a perfectly good meal.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andFrankDined on 3/1/2009The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We commented to the waiter that we had recently been to Le Bec Fin and were solely disappointed in the whole experience. In contrast, Il Mulino was a great experience.Special Features:
- We have eaten here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/28/2009We have eaten here before and the food is great, but this time the service lacked because they were overly busy. My suggestion dont go on Saturday night
- The food was exceptional,NancyHDined on 2/27/2009The food was exceptional, as was the service and ambience. Everything you could want for a special night out. Bravo!Special Features:
- From the time you walk inJMCout4dinnerDined on 2/24/2009From the time you walk in the door, they start feeding you with the most delicious food. It never stops coming - what they give you to start as a table treat is enough to fill you up alone. Please let anyone who wants Italian food in AC know about this place.Special Features:
- Very high end, would be goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2009Very high end, would be good for a date night but not as a family event. I took mt boyfrined for his 21stSpecial Features:
- Outstanding food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2009Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. We have dined there in the past and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/19/2009Outstanding food and service in every detail. Wonderful nightSpecial Features:
- My husband and I ate dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2009My husband and I ate dinner at Il Mulino to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. To begin, the service was incredible! I felt like a princess. We truly felt like VIPs. The food was outstanding. It truly was the best meal we have ever eaten. The ambiance was romantic. The staff gave us complimentary champagne and after dinner drinks. We will definitely be going back in the near future. We highly recommend the risotto, it was delicious!Special Features:
- This restaurant is outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/16/2009This restaurant is outstanding. Our waiters fawned over us and made us feel like guests in their home. Before we even ordered an appetizer, we were brought thinly sliced sauteed zucchini, delicious garlic bread and foccaccia, slices of salami, brushcetta and the most heavenly parmigianno reggiano cheese sliced tableside from a huge wheel. I felt like I was at my Italian aunt's house who kept bringing glorious food out and nudging me to "eat, eat!" We had 2 wonderful pasta dishes and finished with pears and fruit finished tableside with zabiglione cream and crushed amaretto cookies. We plan on visiting the Il Mulino here on Long Island very soon after out excellent experience at the one in Atlantic City.Special Features:
- this was one of the best restaurantredsox07VIPDined on 2/15/2009this was one of the best restaurants if not the best that i have ever been to .Special Features:
- Il Mulino was a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2009Il Mulino was a wonderful experience in the heart of Atlantic City nightlife.Special Features:
- Probably the best ItalianJt3sVIPDined on 2/15/2009Probably the best Italian food in Atlantic City...a little pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion. The wine list had good choices in all price ranges...and we were even able to find one of our favorite high-end wines at a reasonable price. The wait staff was attentive, but not intrusive and did their best to make this a memorable evening for all 6 of us. Several days later, we are all still talking about what a superb evening we had at Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City. Our waiter, Johnnie, made it even more special.Special Features:
- did not live up to the greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/13/2009did not live up to the great expectations i had. i have heard so much about il mulino being the best italian restaurant in nyc. maybe the atlantic city restaurant is not the same as nyc. the food was good, but not great. i have to check out the nyc location and then comment again.
- One of my favorite restaurants.QualitycountsDined on 2/13/2009One of my favorite restaurants. Because I visited the original in NYC I was apprehensive to try another but was defintiely not disappointed.Special Features:
- Quality, experience, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2009Quality, experience, friendly and knowledgeable would be the best way to describe Jerry, one of our waiters. He made our dining experience enjoyable!Special Features:
- Food was very good, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2009Food was very good, however a little expensive for what it was. I could see the prices for New York, but Atlantic City is a different client base. The Service was amazing. They were on top of everything. Overall, wonderful, it was my second time and I will be returning.Special Features:
- Awesome food, too many complimentarOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/7/2009Awesome food, too many complimentaries to list including a shot of Italian Grappa (Basically moonshine) - Overall, excellent experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphere and impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/24/2009Wonderful atmosphere and impeccable service. The food however was average. Have had better Italian food at other Italian restaurants in Atlantic City that were also a little less pricey. My wife has a sensitivity to garlic, and although we expect garlic to be a big ingredient in Italian food, the garlic was a bit overwhelming.
- My favorite Italian RestaurantfiddlesticksDined on 1/24/2009My favorite Italian Restaurant in AC!!! The fool is delicious & the service is awesome. I have been there twice.Special Features:
- I ate at Il Mulino in Vegas,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/22/2009I ate at Il Mulino in Vegas, was not disapppointed with the Atlantic City locale. Superb, Superb, Superb! ! !Special Features:
- The food here is very special,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/17/2009The food here is very special, but the service is truly, truly second to none. I feel that this restaurant relies too heavily on garlic and spice which is not everyone's favorite. If you consult carefully with the server you can find dishes that are not too heavily over-spiced and garlicked up. Otherwise it's a wonder place for romance and special occasions like birthdays.Special Features:
- It is very over priced forOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/2/2009It is very over priced for what you get. My husband ordered the Fettucinni alfredo and it tasted bland. its not worth the money.the place is really beautiful though. our reservation was at 8.30, we were not seated til 8.55. and then it took about another 10 mins for someone to ask us what we wanted to drink.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, not the equivalentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/2/2009Fantastic food, not the equivalent of it's New York flagship, but outstanding. Only negative is they will prepare items not on the menu, unlike New York which willSpecial Features:
- Complimentary cheese,zucchini,asstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2009Complimentary cheese,zucchini,asst bread very nice; $18 ea fried calamari meager serving;2 orders for table of 4 did not work; veal chop smaller $36 choice ample; no need to order the $56 choice; service very slow; 2 1/2 hr for 4 with no dessert or coffee. served wrong pasta meal and had to be sent back leaving my wife to eat alone after other finished; no offer of discount on check or free coffee,drink or dessert to compensate. We could have asked but should not have to in an expensive fine dining restaurant. Waiters handed out small flashlights to read the menusSpecial Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/27/2008The service was excellent and the service was amazing!Special Features:
- What an amazing experience...myOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/26/2008What an amazing experience...my husband and I eat out at fine dining establishments all of the time and this very well may be our best dinner out ever. It is a true Italian restaurant with great service and great quality food. It felt more like an "experience" than it did a dinner.Special Features:
- A great experience, in factJudyDined on 12/18/2008A great experience, in fact my aunt is taking her fiance to Il Mulino for his birthday on 1/13/09 ( I made her reservation)Special Features:
- Service was excellent. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/13/2008Service was excellent. They were quite attentive. Food, however, was horrible. Bistecca Fiorentina, was not that. It was drenched in sauce, and tasted like meatloaf. Seafood pasta - cold. Dramatization of food being served: came out in a cart, pasta was tossed for five minutes over no flame making it cold by the time it arrived in front of me. Not a place I would like to eat at again.Special Features:
- FOOD AND SERVICE WERE EXQUISITE.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/12/2008FOOD AND SERVICE WERE EXQUISITE. ATTENTIVE STAFF HEAD AITER WAITER SERVERS ASSISTANTS.....A BIT PRICY.. 2 COCKTAILS 2 ENTREES 2 GLASSES OF WINE AQND 1 DESSERT PLUS TAX AND TIP WAS $ 240.00Special Features:
- They just opened so the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/4/2008They just opened so the food is not yet honed. They need a new chef or a new cook book. Try Carmine's at the Trop.
- MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE WASMEALMANDined on 11/22/2008MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS VERY GOOD FOOD OUTSTANDING ,STAFF WAS WELL TRAINED AND FRIENDLY .Special Features: