Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City
1000 Boardwalk and Virginia Avenue
Trump Taj Mahal
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ilmulino.com/atlanticcity.html
- Phone: (609) 449-6006
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER SUN - THU 5:00PM - 10:00PM, FRI and SAT 5:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michele Mazza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private dining and exquisite catering at every level. Il Mulino New York is the perfect setting for any occasion, special event or private party. Il Mulino New York offers a beautiful private dining room that accommodates up to 45 guests.
For assistance with planning your next event please contact Valerie Lear, Director of Sales & Marketing at (609) 675-4220 or email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining and exquisite catering at every level.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Lear 6096754220x
- Cross Street: Pacific Avenue
- Public Transit: You can take your local Jitney Bus or New Jersey Transit bus. Both stop at the Taj Mahal where our restaurant is located.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Our Il Mulino New York valet service is available at the Il Mulino New York awning. Bring you valet ticket to dinner for validation, and you will be charged $5 for valet parking.
A word from Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City
Atlantic City's Il Mulino New York offers authentic Italian cuisine amid an elegant dining room adorned with large Italian paintings and cascading chandeliers. The restaurant's menu offers fresh ingredients beautifully prepared and presented with impeccable service. Il Mulino New York’s exceptional wine list features more than 115 selections. The elegant Italian restaurant is your ideal setting for lunch, dinner, special events or private parties. The exquisite private dining room seats up to 45 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (41)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (20)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The food and service was perfect! We could not have asked for anything more. It is pricey but well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerstuartVIPDined on 9/29/2014A very romantic, charming & elegant restaurant with great sevice & food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the TripSouthShoreFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Once you step in, you certainly don't feel like you are in Atlantic City. From the moment you are greeted at the door, you know it's Il Mulino. Fine service, excellent food. The zabaglione was made table side and made to perfection. Always a solid experience. 3 for 3 at Il Mulino in AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Bother!luveatingoutDined on 9/25/2014It started out promising, the waiter came around with a big hunk of parmegiano reggiano and gives each person a big chunk. Then a plate of salumi and bread came out. That was all fine until the dinner came. This was probably one of the worst Italian meals I have ever eaten and I have eaten at some of the best. I cannot believe this is related to Il Mulino New York. My carbonara was as greasy as can be. My husband had seafood risotto which had a spice that we couldn't even tell what it was we think maybe sage. It completely overpowered any flavor of seafood and lastly my friend had gnocci in pesto and it was like having pesto with some gnocci. Do not go thinking you are getting New York food!
- fabulousalkyVIPDined on 9/23/2014food was as good as always always enjoy having dinner there will miss il mulinos if the taj closes in november as the newspapers are reportingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceDarsbabe92Dined on 9/19/2014Outstanding food and impeccable service.So impressed with service we tipped at 40%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joey sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful meal,had the Langostinos,which were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tarmazDined on 9/14/2014Everything about that restaurant is great! The staff went over and above on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTheStoneDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food especially the Dover sole! I loved the service also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tommy1funDined on 9/7/2014Food, drink, service and atmosphere were superb. Top of our list for excellance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Mulino Atlantic CityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014The service and the food could not have been better. We have been to Il Mulino on a number of occasions both in Manhattan near Washington Square and in Atlantic City. It's consistently wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance at its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I have visited Il Mulino a few times and i have to say my experiences have been great every time. Love the wine list and its very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Food was excellent but pricey. Wait staff very professional.Special Features:
- Great food, although somewhat pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Food and service were excellent, although somewhat pricey. For those with big hungers, you may leave hungry. Portions aren't very big.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTED THIS TIMEpebbles1633VIPDined on 9/3/2014Our visit definitely fell short from any of our previous experiences. 1. We were rushed through the comp hors d'oeuvres. They tried to take our plate before we were done and came 4plus times to the table to try and take our entree order AFTER we told them we were NOT in a rush to order. 2. They kept trying to fill our wine glasses after telling them not to as we wanted to have the wine breathe and not change it's flavour. 3. They omitted advising us that the pasta with chicken parm was $16 extra...not cool...we should have been advised! Service fell short this time! Very dissapointed. We stopped going to the NYC location for the same reason. Looks like this may be a trend with this chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTMarkDaddyDined on 9/2/2014CANNOT WAIT TO EAT HERE AGAIN!! YOU MUST GO!! GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE THAT WILL WOW YOU!!!Special Features:
- MollyDined on 8/30/2014Delicious food and great service. Romantic atmosphere and beautiful surroundingsSpecial Features:
- Delicious Food!MeghanDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I went here the night we got engaged 6 years ago, and it's just as delicious now as it was then. LOVE IT!! Probably the best Italian food in all of Atlantic City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNJFoodieDined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed our food and the service was outstanding. This is an excellent place for a special occasion like an anniversary or birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Food was fabulous; service a little less than I expected for such a high-end restaurant. Had to flag someone down to get a 2nd cocktail. Lots of reaching across to serve rather than walking around the table (we were in the middle if the room, shouldn't have been a problem). The restaurant is VERY dark. We were unable to read the menu without the flashlights on our phones and none of us are seniors. All in all; great food; the ambience and service need a little work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicetaffyappleVIPDined on 8/19/20142 of us had great food. The other 2 were fair. Service was excellent. Too many appetizers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceDinerVIPDined on 8/19/2014This place is a bit pricey, but worth every penny. It is a full dining experience that will delight your taste buds. A must when in AC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightDrunkinloveDined on 8/17/2014Great waiters, Excellent Food, Desert is to die for especially the chocolate cake. A little pricey but well worth it. And I saw a famous actressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Mulino - Pure ExcellenceLorelei815VIPDined on 8/16/2014What a great dining experience; friendly staff, fabulous food and great place for special occasions. See Todd, fabulous server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IL MulinozaboDined on 8/12/2014One of the best dining experiences ever...waited on hand and foot...waiters were excellent ...a TRUE Italian restaurant !!!!!!*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AC NJEWNENTDined on 8/10/2014We go every year on our AC vacation. The staff is outstanding, knowledgeable and courteous. Great wine list. The food is prepared to order. The best in Atlantic City. DON"T miss it!Special Features:
- An off nightLauraVIPDined on 8/9/2014The first half of our dining experience was wonderful from the aperitif thru the salad. We were a party of 4 and half the dinners were great but 1 dish was Luke warm when it should have been hot and another dish had cold seafood with hot pasta. May have been an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingcathyDined on 8/6/2014One of the finest dining experiences! Pampered all the way! Food and service a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLoveAfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Food not upto the standard of their NYC restaurants!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014Great restaurant, never disappoints. Food is fabulous and the service perfect. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Service great prices not so muchEtodd31856Dined on 8/1/2014We have been to the Vegas location a number of times including arranging dinner parties for clients which have been the talk of our trips. So when we heard there was a location in AC we could not wait to go. And the experience was up to standards. We were served an assortment of cheers soppersata zucchini bruschetta and mussels as antipasto all very good. The service was outstanding and the food was good. However $28 for a ceaser salad $36 for gnocchi and $47 for veal parm makes the experoence not worth it. Located in the Taj I believe the prices are inflated too pay for casino overhead and are too high. I have dined at the best all over the Us and Europe and will not go bac to the AC location and save my money for Vegas.
- it was fantastic.fatandhappyDined on 7/30/2014It a little not of everything. You have to try as many items as possible. Absolutely a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 937 reviews are from the Il Mulino New York - Atlantic City reviews archive.
- Good but not VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2014Il Mulino is a great restaurant as the ambience is nice and the service is wonderful. While the food was good, it clearly isn't as good as it's sister property in Vegas. One the pastas tasted like Prego, but they took it back and replaced it without an fuss. T I'd try it again, but be prepared that it might not live up to your expectationSpecial Features:
- food somewhat disappointingknowsfinediningDined on 7/27/2014Having dined at the NY restaurant I expected a better dinner. Both my wife and I had Clams Casino and Dover sole. The clams should be taken off the menu, small, tasteless and overpowered by bacon. Dover sole was fair, a bit tough for both of us; not as good as NY.
- Thrid location, Great again!BruceVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is my third Il Mulino location all with equally great experience. I have been to NYC location many times and once in Aspen, so I wanted to try AC. Food was fantastic as exepcted. Wine list well done with many nice bottles across a broad price range. Some sticker shock for some dishes, but you have to splurge now and again. Service was totally top notch and not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K&LkimdDined on 7/21/2014The waite staff was excellent. I love Il Mulino. I've been to almost every resturant that they have. I had the rigatoni bolognese. It was the best. My friend had the shrimp fra diavalo. The shrimps were overcooked (a little tough).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014From the beginning till the end... The staff was readily avaialable. Great wine selections. Not a bad word to say about the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 7/17/2014As always a great dining experience. Never disappoints!Special Features:
- AC Il Mulinokrnlight53Dined on 7/12/2014My favorite is the one in Las Vegas and never knew there was one at the Taj Mahal in AC practically down the street. It was everything Las Vegas was and the portions were huge! Don't forget the Grappa and the end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely expensivemerchVIPDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant was very expensive for what you got. $25.00 for a small plate of ziti and tomato sauce to share with four people was outrageous! Food was mediocre. Very disappointed. Trattoria restaurant is much better.Special Features: