11400 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilmoro.com/
- Phone: (310) 575-3530
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am to 3:00pm
Happy Hours: Monday to Saturday 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Dinner:Monday to Thursday: 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm,
Dinner:Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gaetano Foiani
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Lucy Foiani.
- Private Party Facilities: Il Moro provides a range of services. From elegant dinners to corporate cocktail parties, wedding reception, fashion reception, charity galas and film premieres. A selection of proven or customized banquet menus coordinated with Lucy, combined with impeccable service ensures a great experience.
- Private Party Contact: Lucy Foiani 8886035855
- Entertainment: See our schedule on Events
- Special Events: Yes, from small to 250 people Special Events: Wine Tasting, every Tursday 6 pm to 8 pm. Happy Hours, Monday to Friday 5 pm to 7 pm
A word from Il Moro
You can now relax in our Traditional Italian Bar open from 11:00 am Monday to Friday , Lunch, Happy Hour cocktails and small appetizers, . Our multi-functional bar is always open. Il Moro features exquisite Northern Italian cuisine served in a classic restaurant with a modern ambiance. Enjoy the beautiful open-air and heated patio garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Il Moro - Best Restaurants in West Los Angeles ›
Il Moro reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (23)good for groups (21)special occasion (19)romantic (11)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- GreatTheFineDinersVIPDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful lunch and the service is fantastic. The food is unique and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Moro is still great!DinnerCruzDined on 4/18/2014The Artichoke Salad was wonderful, especially topped with fresh wild salmon was wonderful. But my husband wanted the gnocchi special, and they were already out of the special. The waiter recommended the beet risotto, but that was a disappointment. The tiramissu was good, but the jar container did not fit the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not deliverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2014Although the restaurant was grandiose, beautiful and has a fantastic patio. There were few patrons, and it felt cold and uncaring. The appetizers were the best part of everyone's meal. The Brochette was the best and the Octopus was just OK. Each of the four main dishes each lacked something; whether it was the portion, or taste, they all fell short.
- Were seated on patio. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2014Were seated on patio. It was freezing. Very windy, no heaters.Special Features:
- Good, not greatUCLASteveVIPDined on 4/1/2014One of the few restaurants in West LA with outdoor seating that is not on a street. Nice ambiance with greenery and a "creek" even tho it is between tall buildings. Salads were excellent, apple desert was mostly apple and flavorful (just what we wanted). Pasta courses were a bit disappointing, the sauces did not really complement (in fact they overwhelmed) the main ingredient. Service was spotty. Water glasses were filled irregularly, but the waiter asked about 10 times if we were enjoying the food. We enjoyed the meal, but there was room for improvement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to dineLeftyVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food was very good and the service was outstanding. The prices were a little on the high side, and the wine was very ordinary. I suggest they upgrade the wine by the glass menu.Special Features:
- My mom and I were lookinglpetDined on 3/28/2014My mom and I were looking for a spot in West Los Angeles that we could enjoy before a concert at the Broad Theater. My mom had never been there before and she thought it was quite lovely and we both enjoyed the food and service very much. She was looking for a place to meet up with friends on the westside and thought it would be great for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014The food and service were amazing. A great variety of choices so everyone should be able to find something they like. Be sure to wait to hear the specials before you decide!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian restaurant inSofiaVIPDined on 3/14/2014Nice Italian restaurant in West Los Angeles. For dinner it was practically empty, so it must be a lunch spot. The food and the drinks were very good. The service was a little slow. All in all it was a pleasant evening.
- ConsistencyalbeeVIPDined on 2/28/2014A great neighborhood place where you always know you will receive great quality ingredients, creatively prepared. and efficiently served.Special Features:
- Great for Business LunchTherealmjbVIPDined on 2/19/2014Great food, great service, and a good place to have a productive business conversation for lunch. Many other tables with business lunches as well. Food is authentic, service is outstanding. I've worked it into my rotation.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableMikeDined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit to Il Moro and it will not be our last. The special occasion menu was outstanfing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentAndrewVIPDined on 2/8/2014The food would have been very good except that the artichoke salad was overly salty. I sent it back and the replacement was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty on a Friday night! Still,bobyVIPDined on 1/31/2014Empty on a Friday night! Still, we had high hopes. My wife's lasagna was overly rich...slathered with a béchamel sauce and mediocre by Italian standards. My Orechiette with 3 mussels and beans was terrible....all beans and overcooked pasta. Our friend raved about the Osso Buco...at $34 it should have been good! All in all, very disappointing.
- ThankfulThankfulDined on 1/30/2014The wait team/Manager was so helpful when it was determined that I was not going to make my lunch meeting that my team was facilitating. Not only did they pass the message to the attendees that I would be running 30 minutes late, but had them served quickly and took me right to the table as if nothing happened. Thank you!Special Features:
- Never disappointedackmena0709Dined on 1/23/2014A group of 5 of us ate here last Thursday...the same group hadn't been there since six months previously when our friend was in town. Our server remembered us, remembered even some of what we ordered last time, and she was a complete and total professional - the food was outstanding, and we had a superb time - It won't be six months before I'm back there again!Special Features:
- Also gooddarryl22Dined on 1/22/2014Great food, rock solid service, not crazy prices Been many times before and will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was very disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/20/2014was very disappointed in the food. have eaten here many times in the past but this time must say that I was very disappointed.
- Good food, terrible serviceNoonYoDined on 1/14/2014I don't think it was the server's fault. The restaurant may have been understaffed, but it was like we were in a wasteland. No one for miles. The meat was good the sides mediocre, although the Mac and cheese yummy. And when I asked to take things home they lest out my lamb, which was significant!
- This is the only restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/26/2013This is the only restaurant my husband and I have found that is consistently quiet. Their excellent food and service make it a perfect place to suggest for friends seeking an actual conversation with lunch or dinner. They are also very accommodating. Years ago we had a surprise party there for my son's 18th birthday and it went without a hitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great. HostesshotdawgDined on 12/18/2013Everything was great. Hostess was very warm and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I realize haven't commentedAmaryllisVIPDined on 12/17/2013I realize haven't commented on the decor up to now. Simple, clean, sleek, crisp... are the words I'd use to describe it. A no messing around kind of look, not especially remarkable to me (except for the patio portion with its greenery and lights). However, I recently went with a first-timer, and right as we walked in she exclaimed "Oh, I love it!" Her enthusiastic approbation was repeatedly expressed throughout our dinner . So, there you go: Different strokes. Anyway, I've consistently found all the staff to be extremely gracious; and the dishes on their refreshingly non-standard Italian menu are delicious. I return because I can count on having a pleasant experience, and it's so convenient to the Odyssey, one of my favorite theatre venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I returtned to Il Morro forAmaryllisVIPDined on 12/7/2013I returtned to Il Morro for another pre theatre dine (very convenient to the Odyssey Theatre on Sepulveda at Olympic). Our server, Emina, shone as before; and the bussers were spot on -- smooth, gracious, and efficient. We enjoyed the food even more this time, though: Eggplant Parmesan Timballo, and Spinach Salad to start; and Mezzaluna with Cherry Tomato Sauce, and Orecchiette with White Beans and Mussels as mains. We left very, very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2013Everything we had was phenomenal. Amazing appetizers, salad, and entree although I could have skipped the dessert. The artichoke salad was surprisingly delicious. I want to go back for the pizza.Special Features:
- Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/6/2013Don't let the goofy location fool you. This place always deliver.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerBobbDined on 12/5/2013Dine here often, always very reliable. Specials are excellent, regular dishes always good. Very good restaurant all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client Favoriterosebud61960Dined on 12/3/2013One of our top clients prefers Il Moro to other restaurants in your area. It is one of our favorites as well. The food is always thoughfully prepared and attractively served. The artichoke salad is the best! Would ilke to see more California wines on menu. Continue to create wonderful dishes.When it is not chilly, we love dining on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant / Limited MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/12/2013I love to meet friends and colleagues at Il Moro for lunch. It's a great in-between spot with freeway access. The outdoor patio is wonderful. The staff is friendly and efficient and the food that I order is excellent. The only trouble for me is that there aren't enough options for smaller lunch type foods.Special Features:
- Awsome service and foodmaryVIPDined on 11/8/2013NIce variety on the menu. Believe it or not, what I really wanted for dinner, was a pasta not on their menu and the chef made it specially for me , no questions asked. The service was excellent. Artichoke salad delicious and not too tough as I have had in other restaurants. My husband loved the lasagne and daughter loved the penne arribiata that we took her to go. Also they didn't charge for extra shaved parmesan. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2013For years I had driven by this restaurant and finally I had dinner there! What a nice surprise! Beautiful restaurant and bar area and great patio space! I've gone back again to have another wonderful meal. Their Osso Buco was fab, their super thin crispy pizza, their perfect al dente pasta! even their fresh berries (ripe and not sour!) with sorbet was delicious! I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a weekly meal or special occasion. So glad I finally went! Also, the staff is very friendly and you feel welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InedibleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2013Such poor quality food. Throwing money down the drain.
- Nice place for lunch1050LynnDined on 10/29/2013Attentive staff, tasty food, and conversation is possible.Special Features:
- Hmmmm, Hmmmmm, GOOD!Msbedah1Dined on 10/22/2013The food was simply amazing. I have enjoyed the happy hour on many occassions, but had never dined there. So, I must say it was indeed a treat and will again very soon. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a before-theatreAmaryllisVIPDined on 10/19/2013This was a before-theatre dine, chosen for its very convenient proximity to the Odyssey Theatre. I'd go again for that reason; and for the lovely outdoor setting (as long as the heat is regulated); and for the star attraction in my opinion, Emina, our wonderful server. In fact, all the staff I encountered were top notch and gracious. However, I'd go with different menu choices next time. My cherry tomato soup with whipped mozzarella and basil was good; but my scallops and spinach salad didn't do it for me (actually, everything about that dish was great except for the overcooked scallops). My partner quite liked his parsnip soup; and really loved his lasagne bolognese. All in all we had a very nice time. Good value and worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pumpkin ravioli, servedtshakaleeVIPDined on 10/17/2013The pumpkin ravioli, served in a pumpkin shell was amazing. I presume this is a seasonal item... the presentation and the taste were just fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ...... BUTconaisseurDined on 10/16/2013I have visited this restaurant a number of times on business invitations. I like in particular the outdoor dining during lunch. Since I was hosting someone for lunch, I paid attention to my bill. the food was delicious, but to charge $ 6 for a Cappuccino is ridiculous. $ 4.50 for a Diet Coke also seems excessive. I won't return on my own nickel !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feedback to RestaurantGrammyDined on 10/5/2013The restaurant called to confirm our arrival, plus they asked if we wanted a table inside or outside. I said outside. When we got there, they had prepared a table inside and outside for us, which was nice service. The restaurant is beautiful on the inside, very modern, and the patio is lovely. Our waitress was not friendly at all, which seemed to set the tone for our dinner.. She gave us the specials, but when you had a question she acted like she didn't have time for that. She would not give any info other than a straight answer. One felt you could not ask anything else. The calamari appetizer with artichokes was not good at all. The specials were good, but not outstanding. It does seem like a place one should try one more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tortelloni di ZuccaLarry1334Dined on 10/3/2013Every Fall, fresh pumpkin-filled tortelloni are on the menu. Get them before the season is over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Il MoroSandebVIPDined on 9/28/2013It's truly a lovely restaurant with consistently good food and great service. Reservation times are always honored. The owners are lovely people who have owned the restaurant at least 20 years. They change the menu regularly to provide interesting and delicious food. Their fish is outstanding and portion size very nice so a $30 fish entree is well worth the price. We love this restaurant and wish more people knew about it. Wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Moro has really improved!cathieloloVIPDined on 9/20/2013Il Moro was disappointing the last 4 or 5 times I dined there - which hasn't been in about 3 years, because I basically gave up on them. However, I gave them another shot Friday night, and man oh man, I will be back again soon! The food was spectacular. Thank you so much, Il Moro! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.